67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

4.9/5 (125 ratings)
Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

About Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I have been working with Cambridge for around 4-5 years and will finally be done paying off the debts assigned to them in November this year. I have always received helpful service and suggestions and have saved thousands in interest. I recommend Cambridge to anyone, and in fact, I just had a co-worker sign up based on my referral.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I had gone through Cambridge before several years ago, and was extremely happy with the results and I knew I would have a great experience again. I recommended your services to my sister and she has since paid off debt also. I can't say enough about the professionalism and courtesy I have received and would recommend it to any member of my family or a friend.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I am very happy with my relationship with Cambridge. My counselor was knowledgeable, efficient, and very easy to work with. Every month, I am moving closer to my goal to be debt free, and I am even working on my personal savings account. I would recommend Cambridge to any friend or family needing help with debt consolidation.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I have only had a great experience with Cambridge Credit counseling. They took over because the original company I used for debt management went out of business. The fees were lower as well as my monthly payment. I successfully completed payment and then used them for another debt due to hardship. I never had a problem with the creditor receiving payment through Cambridge like I did with the original debt management program. A lot of budgeting and savings tools and aids were provided at no extra cost. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a debt management program.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I was a little disappointed that what I have ended up paying per month is about $120 more than was originally quoted. When I called to question it, I was told there was nothing really anyone could do. I also recently called with a question about a late fee I received on one of my credit cards and was told by the rude customer service person they hadn't made the arrangement with that company at that point, and there was nothing to be done. I felt like in the beginning I was given a lot of attention and help (the main reason I chose Cambridge over another company), and once I signed up, I haven't really received the same level of service.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

Ever since we signed with Cambridge, we have been very happy with working with you. Every time I had a question or a problem of any kind, it was taken care of expertly and quickly. I would recommend you to anybody and I have recommended you to several people over the years. My husband and I have only positive things to say about this company. We speak very highly of you all. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

Cambridge provided an affordable way out of debt when I lost my home and my job in the same few weeks. I had bought my home and invested my life's savings in the home, equity that just disappeared. Within a few weeks, I had lost my home and my project manager position at the county of Nevada due to the recession. I had never missed a mortgage payment. I had great credit. I applied to the government through the HOPE counseling program 3 times, yet no relief at all. I'm still looking for full time work. I have a graduate degree and live in a rural part of California. It's been a very difficult several years now. Cambridge has helped me work through the debts, as best I can do.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

Cambridge Credit Counseling has helped me with my debt so much! I am extremely happy with your services and have recommended so many people to call and ask about your services. If it weren't for Cambridge Credit Counseling, I would have been stressed every day and worrying that I would never pay off my debt. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I was in a bad place and in over my head. I contacted Cambridge and within 24-48 hours, they had an agreement worked out where I paid one monthly bill that would make payments on all of my credit cards. What a relief! I have about another year or so and all of my credit cards will be paid off completely.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

One word to describe Cambridge is Godsent! We were so far behind and thought all we could do was file bankruptcy. Watching TV on a Saturday morning changed everything! I called and got the sweetest person on the other end. The rest is history! Thank you, Cambridge, for saving us! You all are the best!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

My husband and I just completed the program with Cambridge. We were extremely happy with them from beginning to end. They helped us get a good handle on our monthly payments and reduced our interest rates where they could. They were always prompt to handle any questions or concerns we had. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I was $30,000 in debt and Cambridge helped us get out of a deep hole in credit card debt. They cut our rate by as much as half of the interest we were paying. We now are in better shape than we were before the program. We now have that extra money in our pockets instead of to the credit card companies. Thanks again!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I was in about $10,000 in debt! I fell behind in my bills and was really struggling! I searched online for a non-profit credit counseling service and I came across Cambridge Credit! I called and explained my situation and they said they could help! I gave the representative all my information and he set me up on an affordable plan! It was pretty fast and easy to set it all up. I continued on the plan for about two years. If I ever had questions or concerns about my account, I would call and the representatives were always kind and please to talk to. Very helpful and informative. Today, I finished my plan and am debt free! I recommended CC to my sister (Nicole **) who currently has a plan. All in all, Cambridge credit really helped me and I am very grateful to the company!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

This experience has been a positive move for us to reduce our debt at a much lower interest rate in a shorter length of time. Cambridge staffers are courteous, very helpful in setting up the program, implementing the program and following up with the program. If there is a problem, it is easy to contact a real person and have it resolved. There is always follow-up to make sure all is well.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

During a tough time in our life, Cambridge Credit Counseling was recommended to my wife and I by our financial advisor. We made an appointment, sat down with a rep and began to create a budget of our expenses. After this was completed, we were given the opportunity to consolidate our monthly bills. This helped my family get back on track. Thank you, Cambridge Credit Counseling.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

We have had a pleasant experience with Cambridge. Our credit cards are almost all paid off and we are on our way to being debt free. I have recommended several people to use them to consolidate their debts. We have always had no problem if we needed our payment to come out a few days later than expected.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I researched many credit counseling and consolidation companies and found Cambridge Credit Counseling to be the most highly recommended. I was fortunate enough to speak with Chris ** when I phoned in for information. I have been able to pay off almost all my debt. I began with $33,000 and now owe less than $1,500. At one time, I was even selected to be in an infomercial for this company! I continued to highly recommend this company to friends, relatives, and colleagues. Soon I will be debt free. Cambridge C.C. really helped take the stress out of debt!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I accumulated several credit cards over the years. Cambridge helped me acquire reduced rates on all but one credit card so I could start paying them off. All the accounts were closed. I arranged for a monthly electronic payment to Cambridge and two years later, two cards have been paid off and balances are being reduced. It's a great feeling and I can see an end to my experience with revolving credit and very high interest rates.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

Like many other families, I found myself in trouble after 2008. I researched credit councilors one after another. If convoluted contracts didn't chase me away, fees

did. Who wants to add debt on top of debt? Eventually, I found Cambridge Credit Counseling over the radio, recommended by a well-liked radio host. I called. It was simple, and I was dealing with a non-profit company. Perfect! In four years, they not only helped me with my immediate troubles, but the advice they gave me has my family back living a comfortable life. I was actually able to pay off my cards ahead of schedule. I love to give details but I only have 50 words. Call them.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I had great success with Cambridge. Not only were they able to help me pay off my credit card debt, they also helped me by providing information on how to improve credit and how to budget. With this information, I was able to make ends meet without the use of credit cards and was able to save money to have an emergency fund. I no longer have to live from paycheck to paycheck.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I have been a client of CCC for four years. I was ready to rebuild my credit and contacted CCC to request a letter for my creditors to apply for a small loan. The letter was emailed to me within two hours. I submitted the letter to my credit union and was approved a $500 line of credit to help me rebuild my credit.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I have two more payments. I have been with Cambridge for over five years. It was really tough at first because I had to follow a budget. We made it through. Our credit is better than ever. I am on a routine budget where it does not take much thought anymore. I do not know what I would have done if I did not call Cambridge. Thank you for always being there and helping me through. Now the real test comes, being on my own. I feel like I am losing a parent. I will miss you.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

They handled my accounts in professional manner. They notified the companies and got them to agree to lower my interest rates, all at a reasonable monthly fee and paid off all my credit cards. To which, I am very grateful. I would recommend Cambridge to all who are having difficulties in paying off credit card debt. Thank you very much!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2012

I have and will continue to recommend CCCC. I was referred to them by my boss and I was finally over being in debt and knew I had to do something immediately and vow to never get myself in debt again. From the second I spoke with Mr. **, I knew this was going to be the answer that I was looking for. Everyone that I dealt with from my initial discussions with Mr. ** to everyone in client services treated me with the utmost professionalism and courtesy. I was told how the process works. They answered all my questions and once I completed my part of the process, everything was effortless until my debt was clear. CCCC's process made it possible for me to be able to pay off my debt and also not be destitute at the end of the month during the time period it took to clear my debt. I am happy to say that I have not incurred any debt since. I have nothing but good memories of the entire process and have nothing but good things to say about this organization.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2012

I have been an active client with Cambridge for a few years now and they have helped me tremendously. I only have less than 1 year left on the program and I will be debt-free. Thanks to them, I have also been able to purchase my first home. If you need advice about your credit card bills and finances or just to learn how to budget properly from month to month, I would definitely recommend you contact Cambridge. I look forward to the next few months when I will be debt-free and I can start to put more money into savings for my son's college expenses.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2012

I found Cambridge Credit online. I knew I needed some help getting some arrangements made with getting some bills paid so I contacted them. They were able to lower my interest rate. And they were very easy to get a hold of. Working with Cambridge has made it possible to get rid of the collectors calling and get the bills paid up. They were very professional and very easy to work with.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2012

I believe my husband heard about Cambridge Credit Counseling from a friend. I believe that’s how it came about. We went straight to them. We were not feeling so good. Overwhelmed with our debt and just really worried what we’re going to do.

Working with Cambridge has been a very positive experience. They were able to lower our interest rate. We paid off the balance that we owed. Our credit counselor was easy to contact. A couple of times, I had to contact them and they were always easy to work with and answered my questions thoroughly. The people I spoke with on the phone were always very friendly and very knowledgeable. And things are just better for us now.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2012

I have had a total of 19 plus emails with John. I am angry in that he got all of our personal information. We signed an agreement and he then told me of the dates we could have the withdrawal from our account. I felt the dates should have been mentioned prior to John completing the info. I told him the date he had placed on the forms we completed was not a good time of month. I am very angry John told me he had to change a code on the form. We were unable to get the form with the new code on my email. I finally gave John a new email; he sent the same form and then told me the code I gave him was not correct. This has been going on for over a week. I am ready to move on and want nothing further to do with John **. I believe this type of business should be done in face to face meetings, but when I called a local number in the area we live in somehow we got linked to Cambridge Credit Counseling. I googled this company and found this company has many complaints against it. I am concerned because they have our personal information now and nothing has been done to assist us.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2011

I paid Cambridge Debt counselors over $500 to help with my bills and to get me started in the program. I ended up filing bankruptcy anyway. Then I received a card that they were in a lawsuit and my money would be sent back to me. I have never heard anything else. I would appreciate someone email me and let me know.

Original review: July 14, 2011

I paid Cambridge Credit Counseling Corporation over $500.00 a month for over a year and none of that money went to any of the accounts they were supposed to be paying?? I had to go to court and got a judgement filed against me for not paying one of the accounts. I received $35.00 from the class action suit against them????? I paid them over $5000.00 dollars in a year and I get $35.00 what the hell is the deal with that??????

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Information