67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

4.9/5 (124 ratings)
Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

About Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

I called Cambridge Credit because I was drowning in debt. They helped me get my debt under control. I will get out of debt. I have one monthly payment that I can afford. I will have a much brighter future, thanks to Cambridge Credit Counseling. I am also learning how to manage my money much better. I would definitely recommend Cambridge Credit Counseling to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

I want to highly recommend Amy ** and her company Cambridge Credit Counseling Group (now partnering with Consumer Affairs.com). My situation is like many of the horror stories you hear in the news. I had refinanced my home to pay off debt prior to the mortgage crisis, against the advice of one of my children who questioned this type of loan. I went ahead and opted for the whole package that this nice mortgage person was offering me because they said they cared. While I was going to be paying double my previous mortgage payment, I was also hearing every expert tell me to eliminate as much debt as I can as I was nearing a particular age so I figured I was doing the right thing. I was able to afford the new monthly charge and hey, with this new mortgage, I would have paid off my outstanding debt and then have my home paid off in 15 years, still plenty of time to enjoy life, be debt free and owning my home as my largest asset.

Well, as you all can surmise, the bottom fell out professionally and personally and I was devastated. I was hoping I could figure it out and work through it but things got worse and worse and, finally, I thought I was going to lose my home. I hired a lawyer and not only was that of no help but the expense was an additional burden on my financial situation. I tried unsuccessfully to work with my mortgage company but the bureaucracy, continual shifting of people and conflicting responses were frustrating to say the least. I had resigned myself to accept that I was going to lose my home that I had worked so hard for or even become homeless. Then my prayers were answered in the form of Amy ** and the Cambridge Credit Counseling Group. I had worked with a few different companies that were calling and mailing me info about how they could help but when I followed up with them, either it was another financial burden to get them to work on my case or they gave me alternatives that were not favorable.

Dealing with Amy was like night and day. She was kind, resourceful, compassionate, pragmatic and able to navigate through the whole process. Any questions she herself could not answer, she quickly consulted with her supervisor (an unsung hero in my story) who had a direct relationship with my current mortgage company. Amy promptly responded with answers and the next course of action to take and I followed her instruction to the letter and then some. Had it not been for Amy ** and her company ... I shudder to even think. I cannot recommend Cambridge Counseling Group or Amy ** any more than the Highly Recommend option allowed here, but I can say they helped get my dignity back and give me peace of mind. Yes, they helped me in my particular situation but they did so much more. If you need their services call, write, or contact them, they are definitely worth the effort.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

I found out about Cambridge through CNN Headlines News so I trusted their recommendation. I've already recommended Cambridge to my family members who are also struggling with debt. I found the counselors to be extremely helpful. They negotiated three very substantial debts for me: 1) a loan through my insurance company, 2) a credit card through Macy's (Citibank), and 3) a personal loan through Citibank. I came into debt while helping out my sisters. They thought they'd be able to repay me but were unable. I had also taken out a second mortgage to help them. Cambridge really came through for me. Thank you so much.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

CCC helped me out after I went through a bad divorce & knee replacement surgery. It was a rough time to say the least! I spoke with Chris on the phone & he was so positive & encouraging. I chose CCC to sign on with. My debt will be paid off in 1 year now. It would have taken me 20 years to pay it off on my own! Everyone that I have spoken with has been very professional & helpful! I would highly recommend CCC to anyone struggling with debt! They really are a way out!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

I came to Cambridge with over $50,000 in maxed out credit card debt. I was paying the minimum on each and getting nowhere. Cambridge was able to work with my creditors and lower the interest rates and combine all of my payments into one monthly payment that I could afford. It has taken three years, but I can now see the end of the tunnel, and I should be debt-free in a few more months. I never thought I would be in that situation, but it can happen to anyone. I am now able to contribute to my savings and retirement again, and I have done away with all of my plastics except my debit card. Cambridge was great to work with; they were understanding and presented me with my options without being pushy. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

I was totally satisfied with Cambridge Credit Counseling. They helped us out of a very difficult financial situation and we were able to combine all bills into one lower monthly payment. I also love the Good Payer aspect of the company. They help you to understand what got you into the financial "mess" in the first place.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

I thank you for your kind help on paying my debt accounts and keeping me informed on the payments. I do like to see the balance on the accounts and know if it's going down, not just seeing what I send in and your company takes out. So far as I know, I got 3 more years to make payments?! Not much proof to show my wife. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

Amazing Service - The credit counselors at Cambridge Credit were incredibly sympathetic and helpful. Within 3 years, we cleared up our debt with regular consolidated payments. We fixed our credit and have now bought a house. They are wonderful people and I highly recommend this service to anyone who feels like they are drowning in debt.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

I have nothing but excellence to say about Cambridge Credit Counseling. Over a decade ago, I experienced a life-changing event that required assistance from your company. In my first experience with your company, I paid off approximately $50,000 in credit card debt! Currently, I am in a much small debt relief program (about half of the original amount), and once again Cambridge has teamed with me to keep my bills paid. All employees of Cambridge are awesome, courteous, and very efficient. God bless you all. I have referred several people to you, and over the past decade I have nothing negative to say about Cambridge Credit Counseling.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

Six years ago, we were facing high credit card interest fees. One of us was out of work and we knew we had to do something to stem the bleeding. So, we contacted Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. on the advice of a family member who had also gone to them for financial advice. Today, we are no longer in debt to credit card companies, and can now put our money towards present day purchases, bills and someday soon we will be saving towards our future. It is a long-awaited relief!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

Your company really helped me get my finances back where it should have been all along. It was a five-year struggle but it made me learn how to keep myself on a solid financial track. My FICO score right now is a 734. I am never late on a payment. I really never was to begin with but having more than one credit card payment was difficult. Having one nice payment for all my cards bundled with the lower interest rate really made the light at the end of the tunnel possible. I recommend Cambridge to all my friends because you gave me hope and I know you will give them hope too in order to get out of their situations. So thank you so much for all you did for me. Without you, I would still be paying those cards with no end in sight. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

They were very helpful when my income was reduced by 80% this year and I could no longer pay the agreed amount. I am living on my credit cards so I can pay the reduced amount. If the economy improves, my income will return to the level it was when I started the program, I hope.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

Cambridge was recommended to me by two of my neighbors - and I'm so thankful that almost 5 years ago, I agreed to sign up. The interest rates on my credit card were getting insane to the point I wasn't able to pay the bill anymore! I love knowing that Cambridge helped me to get my payments down to a manageable amount, and allowed me to own up to my debt and pay my debtors. I'm so excited to be debt free soon!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

This company has helped me lower my debt in as little as three years. Their fee is very fair and they send out newsletters with helpful hints. Their personnel are always friendly and eager to help in any way they can. I have been so happy with this company. I even recommended them to my brother and he is very happy. I first heard about them on the radio while I was driving to work and I contacted them immediately, one of the few smart things I have done. I am so glad that there are businesses out there that really care for the little guys. I cannot thank them enough. Within about six months, a debt of about $20,000 will be paid off and I can retire in the next two years without any worries.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

We have had nothing but great experience with Cambridge. You do not need to be embarrassed or ashamed because you have money trouble with Cambridge. They treat you like a good friend and always have great advice. I am proud to say Cambridge helped my wife and me at a very rough time in our life.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

My husband and I started our journey to being debt free a little over three years ago. We have never felt alone in this struggle because Cambridge has always been there to help. If we needed advice, to adjust the payment schedule or just answering a question, they were more than happy to assist us. Thank you, Cambridge!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I have been struggling with debt since my divorce. Cambridge Credit Counseling has helped me make true progress at budgeting my small salary. It was so satisfying this past month to need new progressive eyeglasses and be able to pay $488 in cash. I finally believe that I will get out of debt and hold on to my home.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

From the first phone call to my most recent interaction with Cambridge, I've been nothing but pleased. All representatives of Cambridge that I've spoken to are always professional and pleasant to speak with. Now I am a few months away from being credit card debt free and couldn't be happier. Thank you for all that has been done.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

We are very pleased with Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. because it has helped us to try and recuperate our credit, even though right now we are not trying to get any new credit. We have been with Cambridge for about 10 or close to 10 years and they have really helped us and guided us to close some accounts. They also have worked with us to lower our payments when we are not able to cover the payment that we were paying prior to closing off some of the accounts. I would surely recommend and have recommended some of my family members to this program. Thank you, Cambridge, for all you do.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I have been working with Cambridge for around 4-5 years and will finally be done paying off the debts assigned to them in November this year. I have always received helpful service and suggestions and have saved thousands in interest. I recommend Cambridge to anyone, and in fact, I just had a co-worker sign up based on my referral.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I had gone through Cambridge before several years ago, and was extremely happy with the results and I knew I would have a great experience again. I recommended your services to my sister and she has since paid off debt also. I can't say enough about the professionalism and courtesy I have received and would recommend it to any member of my family or a friend.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I am very happy with my relationship with Cambridge. My counselor was knowledgeable, efficient, and very easy to work with. Every month, I am moving closer to my goal to be debt free, and I am even working on my personal savings account. I would recommend Cambridge to any friend or family needing help with debt consolidation.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I have only had a great experience with Cambridge Credit counseling. They took over because the original company I used for debt management went out of business. The fees were lower as well as my monthly payment. I successfully completed payment and then used them for another debt due to hardship. I never had a problem with the creditor receiving payment through Cambridge like I did with the original debt management program. A lot of budgeting and savings tools and aids were provided at no extra cost. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a debt management program.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I was a little disappointed that what I have ended up paying per month is about $120 more than was originally quoted. When I called to question it, I was told there was nothing really anyone could do. I also recently called with a question about a late fee I received on one of my credit cards and was told by the rude customer service person they hadn't made the arrangement with that company at that point, and there was nothing to be done. I felt like in the beginning I was given a lot of attention and help (the main reason I chose Cambridge over another company), and once I signed up, I haven't really received the same level of service.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

Ever since we signed with Cambridge, we have been very happy with working with you. Every time I had a question or a problem of any kind, it was taken care of expertly and quickly. I would recommend you to anybody and I have recommended you to several people over the years. My husband and I have only positive things to say about this company. We speak very highly of you all. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

Cambridge provided an affordable way out of debt when I lost my home and my job in the same few weeks. I had bought my home and invested my life's savings in the home, equity that just disappeared. Within a few weeks, I had lost my home and my project manager position at the county of Nevada due to the recession. I had never missed a mortgage payment. I had great credit. I applied to the government through the HOPE counseling program 3 times, yet no relief at all. I'm still looking for full time work. I have a graduate degree and live in a rural part of California. It's been a very difficult several years now. Cambridge has helped me work through the debts, as best I can do.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

Cambridge Credit Counseling has helped me with my debt so much! I am extremely happy with your services and have recommended so many people to call and ask about your services. If it weren't for Cambridge Credit Counseling, I would have been stressed every day and worrying that I would never pay off my debt. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I was in a bad place and in over my head. I contacted Cambridge and within 24-48 hours, they had an agreement worked out where I paid one monthly bill that would make payments on all of my credit cards. What a relief! I have about another year or so and all of my credit cards will be paid off completely.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

One word to describe Cambridge is Godsent! We were so far behind and thought all we could do was file bankruptcy. Watching TV on a Saturday morning changed everything! I called and got the sweetest person on the other end. The rest is history! Thank you, Cambridge, for saving us! You all are the best!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

My husband and I just completed the program with Cambridge. We were extremely happy with them from beginning to end. They helped us get a good handle on our monthly payments and reduced our interest rates where they could. They were always prompt to handle any questions or concerns we had. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone!

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Information