67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

4.9/5 (121 ratings)
Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

About Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2012

We checked around with other companies about consolidating our debt. We chose Cambridge because they are a BBB accredited business. We had over $25,000 in credit card debt and were paying well over $1,000 a month and not noticing any changes on the balances of the accounts. We called Cambridge for help and they got all of our interest rates lowered or even got 0% on some cards and less than 5 years later, we are completely out of our credit card debt! Cambridge helped us out so much, I would definitely recommend them to anyone in the same situation I was.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2012

Cambridge Credit Counseling helped me keep a handle on my debt and to eventually be debt-free. I had six credit cards and over $13,000 in debt, and with my low monthly, consolidated payment to Cambridge, I was able to make all of my payments on time and be completely out of debt in less than 3 years. I appreciate all of the staff’s help in achieving my goals.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2012

Christopher helped me: he is a wonderful asset to your company! I lost my job last November 2011 and worked every so often with a temporary firm. I got unemployment and I did my homework on credit counseling and Chris helped me decide on Cambridge. I am now back on track with my finances and I have Cambridge and Chris to thank!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2012

Your company is my answered prayer! When I look back at my expenses, I don't know how I did. Now, I have a huge peace of mind by knowing that I will be debt-free in a couple of years, and the greatest news of it all is I'm learning not to charge. How I am wishing I would have done this a long time ago. Plus, I have money left over to do what I need to do and not having to charge it in a credit card. This has been very difficult for me and hard because I used to be able to go anywhere and buy buy buy. I'd get whatever I wanted or needed. Now, I think twice, and most importantly, I have learned a very valuable lesson, which is no charging! You guys just don't know what I am going through, but I'm doing it! With the grace of God, I take one day at a time.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2012

I had heard about Cambridge Credit Counseling from an ad on my local radio station. I have considerable amount of credit card debt. I called the number that was advertised and was immediately paired up with a debt counselor. He immediately worked with me on unsecured debt and my revenues. It took just a short amount of time to negotiate a fair interest rate and set up payments to pay off my debts. He was very professional and taught me how important it is to set up a budget and to stick with the budget. I paid all my debt in 3 years, and I’m now almost completely debt-free. I would highly recommend Cambridge Credit Counseling. It helped me get my fiscal house in shape.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2012

I was in a difficult situation after graduating college and I had a massive amount of credit card debt. One of my large balance card providers raised my interest to 29.95% and my minimum payments were barely hitting my actual balance. They were just covering the interest payments. Cambridge Credit Counseling provided me a simple once a month payment for 3 credit cards that was lower than my previous payment for one. They were able to get my interest from 29.95% to 6% on one card, and from 24% to 10% for the other two. I definitely learned the lesson of living within my means the hard way but with the help of Cambridge, I was able to pay off my credit card debt in 3.5 years whereas without their assistance, it would have taken me much longer and affected my credit much worse.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2012

I enrolled in Cambridge's credit counseling plan several years ago due to debt management problems. Cambridge counselors were always helpful and knowledgeable about any assistance I requested. Just last month, I made my final payment, which feels very good. Now, I can begin the long-awaited higher educational plans I had been postponing. Thank you so much, Cambridge Credit Counseling!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2012

It took 5 years but I repaid every last cent of $33,000.00 to my creditors. Cambridge worked with me to help lower my interest rates and helped me every month to make my payment and keep me on track. It wasn't easy but I did it and I couldn't/wouldn't have done it without their help.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2012

Upon speaking with Cambridge, we decided they could help us with our debt consolidation issues. They got our interest rate down on credit cards and was able to lump our payments into one manageable payment. They communicated with us on a regular basis and gave us updates. I would definitely recommend them!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2012

Debt consolidation - Your services are great. You were always there when I had any kind of question. I would happily recommend your services to anyone I know in need of. Now that I’m done with our agreement, I now have the opportunities to do things I could not in the past. I would not have gotten out of my hole without you.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2012

We have been a client for 5 years and are now making our last payment on over $80,000 of original debt. Cambridge's help has given us a whole new start on our financial life. We have been very pleased with all of the support we received from when we first structured our payment schedule through hard times when we needed to change our payment dates to match pay dates, on through to today. We have recommended Cambridge to others and will continue to do so. Thank you so much for all your help!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2012

Cambridge Credit Counseling has been a life saver. There is no way I would be able to pay off my debts without them. They have been wonderful to work with and have gone out of their way to help when I needed to lower my payments due to unexpected expenses. They worked with my creditors and took care of everything.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2012

Without their help, I would not have been able to pay my credit cards. I would like to retire in a few years and without Cambridge help, I would have never been able to retire. I am now on a budget and able to pay my bills without using credit cards to live on. The employees at Cambridge have great customer service and really care and want to help. I am really happy with my decision.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2012

After working with Cambridge, seeing how they operated and reading the literature that was provided, I realized what I needed to do to take back control of my own credit. Although I canceled my service with them, they are part of the reason why my credit score has improved today. They lead by example!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2012

We contacted Cambridge when we felt like we were drowning from credit card debt and it didn't seem like we would ever get them paid. But with the help of Cambridge, we joined their program and got all of our credit card payments combined and made one payment a month to Cambridge. And now 4 years later, we are credit card-free. They are all paid in full. Thank God and Cambridge.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2012

I am very happy with the services I receive. Expenses were increasing and salary was not. The interest rates on credit cards went sky high and I was in serious trouble. CCC was able to put a plan together to reduce or even eliminate interest and make a payment schedule that I could manage. The staff (in particular Lavalle **) are outstanding to work with. I would highly recommend CCC.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2012

I've been working with CCC since 2008. They've helped me manage a number of miscommunications and keep my payment plan on track even when money was really tight. I'm almost at the end now. In a few months, it will all be paid off. It feels great to be out from under this burden.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2012

Interest rate reduction and bill payment program: Cambridge did a very professional job of contacting my creditors and working to reduce the interest rates on my credit cards to manageable levels. The staff was friendly and easy to work with when I had questions and I am delighted to say that I am now out of debt! I would strongly recommend them to anyone who wants to pay off their credit cards and retake control of their financial affairs.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2012

With the help of Cambridge, I was able to pay off over $7000.00 of debt in 3 years. At first, they really worked with me and if ever I had any question, there was no problem getting help. The only thing I wished they had done was check in more with me. After the first year, I never heard from them, but I had no problem when I tried to get a hold of them.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2012

Debt recovery was completed. I was referred by a colleague of mine who used your services to rid himself of a high credit card. It was the best match. Working with Jennifer helped me get over the hump and learn to make my life more manageable. I am very happy with the outcome and would pay it forward with introduction to anyone that was in the same experience.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2012

I had lots of debt. I called Cambridge and talked to Chris. I set up a plan, paid off my debt (even paid off my debt and my car [not attached to debt] early). I now control my money and have savings and am able to do things I want. I know how much I have and how much I spend, and feel much better about myself. A big thank you to Cambridge.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2012

Happy customer: I was recommended to Cambridge Credit by my best friend almost 4 years when times were not good for me financially. I had maxed out all of my credit cards and wasn't making my monthly payments on time. She told me about Cambridge Credit and how they combine all of your payments into just one payment a month. It sounded great, but I wasn't sure this was for me. But when desperate times called for desperate measures, I had to call. They thoroughly explained to me how they work and what I will be charged, and they sent me an information packet advising me how to manage my money better and even followed up with me every couple of months just to see how I was doing and if my financial situation has improved, worsened or stayed the same. At the end, they said it would take me 7 years to get out of debt. And I did it in 3 and a half! They helped me when I needed it most but didn't want to ask for it. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2012

I struggled with credit card payments for a long time, until I finally decided to seek help and get back on track. I contacted a debt specialist that connected me to a counselor from Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. The options I was given have been very helpful and the counselor was very polite and patient. In fact, he was able to set up convenient monthly payments for my account. Since I sought help, I've been able to lower the remaining balances on my account which has been a big relief. I definitely would recommend these services to others who are seeking help for their debts.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2012

We had over $50k in credit card debt with the APR at 32%. Every month I would get anxious when I had to pay them. Cambridge helps us establish a budget, drop our APRs, and deal with the collection agencies. We have been working on our debt for 48 months and in 4 more months we will be debt-free. We couldn't have done it without Cambridge. They are wonderful and tremendously helpful. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

I am in my final year of paying off all of my debt through the Cambridge program! I am really looking forward to the final payment. I have referred Cambridge to anyone whom I learn needs help. My cousin is a client and also thrilled to have her debt under control. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

I called Cambridge Credit because I was drowning in debt. They helped me get my debt under control. I will get out of debt. I have one monthly payment that I can afford. I will have a much brighter future, thanks to Cambridge Credit Counseling. I am also learning how to manage my money much better. I would definitely recommend Cambridge Credit Counseling to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

I want to highly recommend Amy ** and her company Cambridge Credit Counseling Group (now partnering with Consumer Affairs.com). My situation is like many of the horror stories you hear in the news. I had refinanced my home to pay off debt prior to the mortgage crisis, against the advice of one of my children who questioned this type of loan. I went ahead and opted for the whole package that this nice mortgage person was offering me because they said they cared. While I was going to be paying double my previous mortgage payment, I was also hearing every expert tell me to eliminate as much debt as I can as I was nearing a particular age so I figured I was doing the right thing. I was able to afford the new monthly charge and hey, with this new mortgage, I would have paid off my outstanding debt and then have my home paid off in 15 years, still plenty of time to enjoy life, be debt free and owning my home as my largest asset.

Well, as you all can surmise, the bottom fell out professionally and personally and I was devastated. I was hoping I could figure it out and work through it but things got worse and worse and, finally, I thought I was going to lose my home. I hired a lawyer and not only was that of no help but the expense was an additional burden on my financial situation. I tried unsuccessfully to work with my mortgage company but the bureaucracy, continual shifting of people and conflicting responses were frustrating to say the least. I had resigned myself to accept that I was going to lose my home that I had worked so hard for or even become homeless. Then my prayers were answered in the form of Amy ** and the Cambridge Credit Counseling Group. I had worked with a few different companies that were calling and mailing me info about how they could help but when I followed up with them, either it was another financial burden to get them to work on my case or they gave me alternatives that were not favorable.

Dealing with Amy was like night and day. She was kind, resourceful, compassionate, pragmatic and able to navigate through the whole process. Any questions she herself could not answer, she quickly consulted with her supervisor (an unsung hero in my story) who had a direct relationship with my current mortgage company. Amy promptly responded with answers and the next course of action to take and I followed her instruction to the letter and then some. Had it not been for Amy ** and her company ... I shudder to even think. I cannot recommend Cambridge Counseling Group or Amy ** any more than the Highly Recommend option allowed here, but I can say they helped get my dignity back and give me peace of mind. Yes, they helped me in my particular situation but they did so much more. If you need their services call, write, or contact them, they are definitely worth the effort.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

I found out about Cambridge through CNN Headlines News so I trusted their recommendation. I've already recommended Cambridge to my family members who are also struggling with debt. I found the counselors to be extremely helpful. They negotiated three very substantial debts for me: 1) a loan through my insurance company, 2) a credit card through Macy's (Citibank), and 3) a personal loan through Citibank. I came into debt while helping out my sisters. They thought they'd be able to repay me but were unable. I had also taken out a second mortgage to help them. Cambridge really came through for me. Thank you so much.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

CCC helped me out after I went through a bad divorce & knee replacement surgery. It was a rough time to say the least! I spoke with Chris on the phone & he was so positive & encouraging. I chose CCC to sign on with. My debt will be paid off in 1 year now. It would have taken me 20 years to pay it off on my own! Everyone that I have spoken with has been very professional & helpful! I would highly recommend CCC to anyone struggling with debt! They really are a way out!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2012

I came to Cambridge with over $50,000 in maxed out credit card debt. I was paying the minimum on each and getting nowhere. Cambridge was able to work with my creditors and lower the interest rates and combine all of my payments into one monthly payment that I could afford. It has taken three years, but I can now see the end of the tunnel, and I should be debt-free in a few more months. I never thought I would be in that situation, but it can happen to anyone. I am now able to contribute to my savings and retirement again, and I have done away with all of my plastics except my debit card. Cambridge was great to work with; they were understanding and presented me with my options without being pushy. I would recommend them to anyone.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Information