Atlas Settlement

Staten Island, NY

Compare Debt Consolidation Companies

Research top Debt Consolidation Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been involved in a settlement case for 18 months. At first everything was fine, no problems. But for the past several months, I have not been able to speak to anyone from the company, but that was okay because my creditors were getting paid. But recently, I mailed them a copy of some bills I got that were turned over to a collection agency. They were returned, unable to deliver, unable to forward. Now, I'm getting really upset. I have called every single number in the welcome packet to no avail. I filed a complaint with the New York State Better Business Bureau. No response from the company. I really have no idea where to go from here.

In regard to my complaints about the Atlas Settlement on May 28th, 2010, There was an error on Paragraph 3. The date suppose to be as of November 20th, 2009 and not November 20th, 2010. I would be very grateful if the correction can be made. I would like an attorney to contact me about this complaints. Thanks.

I currently reside in California and I need your help in solving this dispute and ultimately preventing other consumers from being misled into such an untrustworthy program.

I was introduced to the Debt Relief Program by my sister who lives in New York. My sister had been with the program with Atlas Settlement for 18 months and not knowing that she has been misled until I told her, but it was too late for her to quit the program.

This memo is in regards to my complaints about the Atlas Settlement Inc. I am requesting for the refund of the deposits that I made towards my Debt Relief Program with Atlas Settlement Inc. I was told that I would be debt free in 1-1/2 years not knowing that 90% of all my deposits were going to be taken in the first 18 months by Atlas Settlement Inc. before they can begin to negotiate with all my creditors. I have deposited up to $4,800 into my account with Global Client Solutions and all I have right now as of Nov. 30th was only $250. 71. I was stunned to see all my money go away after I looked at my deposit schedule, (see the attached deposit schedule) As you can see from the schedule, Atlas was taking almost 90% of my money as their set up fees .

When I asked them, they told me that I should not worry and that I should continue with the program. I called Mike ** at Atlas and made complaints regarding my account and he informed me that I should not quit and that my debt will be paid off in 18 months. As of November 20th 2010, before I cancelled my program, none of my creditors have been paid and all my money has been depleted. The creditors kept calling me everyday and I finally called Atlas and cancelled my program with them on November 24th, 2009.

In addition to this, the finance charge and late fees have made my balance worse. I do not see this as a debt relief; instead, I see it as a death sentence to the consumers. My understanding was that Atlas would take 15% of my deposit and pay my creditors with the rest of my deposit. What I found out was that, Atlas is taking their upfront fees before even trying to negotiate with my creditors. If I had known this right from the onset, I would not have entered this misleading program. I am pleading to the Atlas Settlement to refund the remaining amount of my money ($3924) which was the amount left after taking their 15% of $4,800 plus four months of $39 monthly fees for the Global Clients which is $156.

I think this is a fraudulent and misleading program. They should tell the consumers that they are going to take their fees upfront and let the consumers decide for themselves. They did not talk to any of my creditors nor did anything. They did absolutely nothing to make my financial situation better for the three months I had been with them and I see no other reason why I should not receive a full refund. They should tell people that the initial months mean the first 18 months instead of misleading the public. I would like to know why they refused to refund my money with all my sweats. The US Congress should know about the company like this, misleading the consumers. This company did not do anything regarding my debt and yet is collecting a bogus maintenance fee every month.

Atlas Settlement Company Profile