4.7/5 (453 ratings)

About TitleMax

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. It strives to provide a superior level of customer service as it helps thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan. The company has thousands of convenient locations.

Pros

• Receive up to $10,000
  • Get funds in as little as 30 minutes
  • No bank account required
  • No credit score requirements

Cons

• Pawns only available in Georgia
  • Loans only available in 16 states

Bottom Line

TitleMax offers title and personal loans with easy applications. Customers receive funds quickly, and the company has loan specialists that help clients find out how much money they can borrow.

TitleMax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

TitleMax was the one closest to my house compared to other lenders. I obtained from them a lending service for a car and their process was good, quick and easy. That’s the best part about them. Also, the loan officer was great and she was a sweetheart. I had a good experience with TitleMax, overall.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I obtained the traditional car title loan from TitleMax and it was an easy process. It was on a Saturday and there was only one person there. The lending processor had another customer in front of me. The computer fouled up, but it was no big deal as the whole process took about an hour. She was really nice. Everything was good. They can keep doing the good job they're doing.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

TitleMax was available and local to the area. I needed more than what they offered for a car title loan, but I had to do what I had to do. The lending process was pretty easy and was completed in about 30 minutes. As soon as I walked in, they immediately got to working. I was able to get some of what I needed for the bills, so I was thankful for it. I plan to pay it off in February because I got $600 to pay it off, and it's like four times as much what I even got, so that's my only problem. But other than that, it was a fast and nice process.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I had a good experience with TitleMax. I'm a returning customer. I got a car title loan and it was a quick, simple, and convenient process, less than 30 minutes, and the lending processor was very nice, generous, and knowledgeable. They took a load off because my brother died, so we were trying to get money for his funeral arrangements. They were very helpful.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I've worked with them previously and had a very friendly informal relationship already. They also had the same people working with me. The overall lending process with TitleMax was quick and easy.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I got a car title from TitleMax and the overall lending process was fairly easy. Everything was all right and I understood. I've done it before, but now the rep explained to me the real situation so I'm pretty much okay with it.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I like TitleMax's service especially in the branch that I go to. I like the people there. My recent transaction with them was for a car and their overall lending process was good. I also had a wonderful experience with their customer service rep. I love them.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

My brother recommended TitleMax as they've done him good. My experience with them was great too. This is my third time taking out a car title loan from them. The first one was for a car, then a truck which I just had paid off, and then I got my car. The first time, the lending process was a little bit difficult, but the succeeding ones were quick and easy.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

The lending process of TitleMax was great. Their office was by my house. Their people were friendly and they gave me information. I availed their lending service for a car and it was a good experience. Their customer service rep was excellent and I didn't feel degraded because I had to do it.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

I needed a loan for Black Friday and I went and got a title loan from TitleMax. The lending processor was very conversational and nice. She has very good customer service. The overall lending process was very convenient and it was a good experience. It took about 30 minutes for paperwork and filling out the form on the computer.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I went to the TitleMax store and talked to the people there. It was a nice place to be in. It wasn’t where you have to look around and look crazy. It is very professional. I liked it and the people were very nice and treated me really well. The lending process was very easy because their rep walked me through it. She was very kind. In fact, the process was very professional and efficient, and it went really fast. They made me feel like I’m somebody too. At the time, I was trying to get some money for a funeral and they understood. I went in and filled out the application. I will refer them to other people.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

My best friend had taken out a title loan on his car with TitleMax. I did a car loan with them and the lending process was really easy and convenient. Everything went real quick and took about less than 30 minutes. The reps went out and looked at the car. I didn't even have to go out. They were really helpful getting everything processed as far as copies of the payroll were concerned. It was a great experience.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

The TitleMax personnel was great in explaining things and going through the process was awesome. They kind of went into details and answered all my questions so I'm satisfied. And the contract pretty much covered everything but the environment at their location was not very pleasant at all because they're next door to a cigar shop. The building next to them is not professional and the fume was unbearable. I had kids and I had to take them home because they were getting fuzzy and it was getting to the point where I couldn't stay and I was getting nauseous. I came back and told them that and asked them if they smoked. If they did I would've left but none of them did and they were complaining about it also. So I can't hate them for that because it's not their fault.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I went to TitleMax for a car loan and the overall lending process with them was fast. It took half an hour to finish. The processor was very friendly and they gave me the cash I needed for something I have to do.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

A friend of mine referred me to Titlemax. I got a car title loan from them. The lending process took longer than expected, which wasn't a big deal. I completely understand computer systems 'cause I deal with them every day at work and you can't rely on them. If they go down, they go down. Other than that, I don't have any complaints at all. Working with them has been great. I wouldn't change anything about it.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

It was raining that day when I got a loan with TitleMax. But despite that, the girl they had assisting me was very helpful. It took about a couple of hours since we had to come to Ripley and she traveled down here in the storm and got everything situated. I understand the stipulations on the loan but it wasn't enough money for me. I still had to do some other things to get the money I needed so overall, it was a help but it didn't help all the way. However, the process went smoothly and I'm more than likely to recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I had been with TitleMax before and I went back to them for a truck loan. The customer service rep was all right. However, when I pay, they have me to sign another piece of paper that says I'm just paying the interest. The bill stays the same and nothing ever go down.

TitleMax response

Jimmy thanks for your feedback. If you have questions about your account that your store isn't answering please call 800-804-5368 so we can further assist you. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

My niece told me about TitleMax when my job shorted my check and I needed money to pay my rent. I looked up TitleMax on the internet, I got a car loan, and it was easy. I was approved for a certain amount but I was comfortable with what I asked for and just took that. They were friendly and knowledgeable. I had a good time.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I obtained car title loan from TitleMax and their lending process was convenient, easy and quick. It took a couple hours because they were busy. But, the lending processor was very very respectful. I would do business with them again if I had to.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

The lending process in TitleMax was easy. It was done in just 40 minutes, and it didn't affect my everyday life in any way. I just pay the minimum balance, make sure to pay it off by the next month, and there shouldn't be a problem. The lending processor was great, she answered all my questions. They were very honest.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Working with Titlemax helped relieve much stress. It made me turn into Santa Claus instead of the Grinch. The lending process took an hour and a half to complete. Their rep was nice and everything went fine. My experience was wonderful. They were the right people.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

My experience with TitleMax has been fantastic and their Fallon, Nevada store is a good store with good, friendly people. They don’t look down on people which was nice. I got a title loan because I needed the money. Not everybody has to go get a loan with their title, but when I do, I don’t expect to be treated like crap because I have to. They don’t do that. The overall lending process was great. It was completed in about 20 to 25 minutes and was very efficient. Working with TitleMax was good and it got me what I needed.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I've heard about TitleMax through a family member. The lending process was very nice and professional. It was easy and they took care of everything. It took 45 minutes to do it, and we were able to solve one issue because of the loan. Our only problem was by the time they processed the loan, they handed me a check. I was unaware that they didn't give cash at the facility. They were about to close but I needed the money that night, and I wasn't able to cash the check. They told me I could cash it at Walmart but Walmart had an issue with it. I told them that if I go to Walmart and there's an issue, Walmart will want to call them. But the lady told me they'll leave as soon as we walked out the door, and they did.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

TitleMax called me when I inquired online. I knew this company from a reliable person that I could trust so I went with them first. I got a car title loan from them and the lending process was completed within an hour. It may not even need to take that long but the system shut down so we had to wait for a minute. I didn't expect the process to be as easy as it was. They were also very good, kind, and welcoming people. My lending processor held up her business, treated me well, and got me the help that I needed. I would definitely recommend this company.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

There was a TitleMax store that was close by so I went with them. Also, I was hoping that they could help me, and they did. I got a car title loan from them. We did the paperwork and the people at TitleMax were really great and very helpful. It’s very easy to get through the process and it was very convenient and fast. Everything was very easy to understand, and it didn’t take long. It was not something I wanted to do, but I had to do it. I lost my husband five months ago, which was very painful and I cried, and the rep was very understanding and caring. I was really grateful for her. In addition, she was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. I felt very comfortable with the process.

Working with TitleMax helped me pay the bills that I needed to pay right away until I got some money that was owed to me to be able to make the bills. They were a blessing. For someone like me who is on social security and was in a bind, it was very nice to know that they could help. It was a very wonderful experience. TitleMax is a great company.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

The lady in TitleMax was very nice with me. The only part that I don't like is in the commercial they promised to give you $3,000 or $4,000 and then they don't give you the money that you expect but that's okay. They also say the money is ready in 30 minutes, but it took me an hour and 30 minutes. Somebody was messing with the computers and I waited a long time and wasted my time right there in TitleMax. Overall, my experience was okay.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

The lending process at TitleMax was great and their rep was very nice. She helped me a lot and answered all my questions. They're very accommodating and even though they’re about to close, they’re still helping me out.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Somebody told me about TitleMax and then I've seen them when I passed on Veterans. I availed the title loan service from them. The lending processor did more than what I expected for her to do. She had me read all the paperwork and then I had to sign everything then she had to get it approved. That took about an hour. The people on Veterans location are very nice and they took care of me. I'd recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

TitleMax is close to my home and convenient for me. I got a car title loan from them and the process was easy, convenient, and quick, taking about 40 minutes to be completed. My lending processor was the lady named Monica and she was thorough and helpful. This is the first time I've ever had to use or done anything like it but I'd recommend them because I'm very satisfied with the whole process.

TitleMax response

Thanks for the great feedback Steely - we appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

TitleMax has an office that was across the street from where I used to live. It was convenient, so I use their lending service for a truck. I went in. They went out and evaluated the truck and then they came back and told me how much they were willing to loan me. They also explained to me how much had to be paid back. Their reps were friendly. They always work with me when I had an issue and needed to pay a little late. The only dissatisfaction I had is that the interest rate was really high.

TitleMax Company Information