Progressive Financial Services

Compare Debt Collection Agencies

Research top Debt Collection Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I paid off my account 6 months ago. Yesterday they took money out of my banking account because they never closed it. So in order to get my money back and have them reimburse me, I have to send them my bank statement! Then call back to close my account.

I purchased a bed/mattress, table and chairs. Purchase price was $1752. I was told it could be 90 days same as cash. My payments were bi-weekly at a rate of $145. After 3 payments, (90 days will be 27 Jul), I attempted to go online and pay off thinking I would owe about $1300. Not!!! The pay off is $1686, which means that even paying within 90 days, they charged me $300 over the purchase price! I do not recommend this. At this rate, it's better to use a rental company with a 120 day same as cash! At least they provide free delivery and the price is really same as cash! I plan to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

This company is HORRIBLE! DO NOT USE THEM!! They took money out of my account without my permission. If you can't make a payment they threaten you. I have been lied to several times and they don't do what they say they will do. They charge you $106.00 upfront for a some paper and a CD for you to settle your debt on your own. They are never available when you call them. The fees they charge are outrageous – DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!

We needed a new mattress but didn't have the money for one. Went to Mattress Firm because they finance. Were approved with Progressive Financial and told they would automatically deduct the money from our account every two weeks. Not a problem. That is until my husband switched jobs and his pay dates changed. Called Progressive Financial to let them know. They had already received the one payment for the month and we were told they would make the adjustment. Haven't missed a payment yet but every month since then and lately it has been up to a half dozen times a day, they call us and hound us. Even after letting the representative calling know we were told that we could still expect these calls. I don't even answer their calls anymore and not only that but they call from different areas of the country with different area codes and numbers. Do they think I am stupid? I have caller ID and if they aren't in my contact list they don't get answered.

I received a notice of a loan (?). First from Progressive Financial and now more recently from EOS CCA. I asked both of these companies for verification of the loans, original creditor, and any payment options. Neither of these companies has bothered to respond to my requests. Are these legitimate companies? What are my options in dealing with these companies. I am concerned especially when EOS CCA is asking for a social security number. Worried in Indiana.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Financial Services?

PFS has been collecting a debt of 235.00 each month for almost three years. This debt is the result of co-signing a loan for my sister in 2004 when I was still working. I was laid off in 2006. I was already having health problems before this so I had to retire and go on full disability. My sister was also laid off leaving me with the debt. Since I have been paying Sallie Mae has agreed to accept $6,000.00 to buy my name off the account.

I did this on the first week of December 2014. I was promised a statement letter saying that I was released from the debt but it is the end of January 2015 and have not yet received it. I have called three times, most recently on the 20th of January. That was on Tuesday. It is now Saturday the 24th and still no letter.

This company elaborate a contracts to trap a consumer in high interest % - 100% in 12 months loan. This is Legal????

This company has been in contact with me about an old debt which I had thought had been paid. I agreed to make payments once it was verified that the debt was valid. The collection agency, Progressive Financial Services, stated that after 3 monthly payments, I would be on a reduced interest payment plan. This was stated on several different dates. The individual who was the primary contact was Thaxton **. This individual verified in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 that I was on the reduced interest payment plan.

I checked in December 2011 and January 2012 and found the lender did not show a reduced interest. I spoke to Mr. Thaxton ** and he confirmed and verified that I was in the reduced interest payment plan. Now there is another individual, Ashley, making contact and stating that I am not in the reduced interest payment plan and I never was. These appear to be false, misleading, and deceitful statements, practices, and policy that Progressive Financial Services is utilizing either in the past or currently. If they stated that I was in the reduced interest plan and I was not, then I think the interest should be recalculated at the reduced interest and the excessive interest deducted from the balance. I have repeatedly requested everything in writing and Progressive Financial Services refuses to put anything in writing. I would like some resolution to this issue. Thank you.

Unfortunately for me, I share the same name as someone who has an outstanding loan for $94,716.07. This company has sent letters and made calls to my home in order to recoup . They tell me the last 4 numbers of this person's social security number which doesn't match mine and when I try to get my name off their list, they hang up only to call the next day. Please can you assist me.

Progressive Financial Services Company Profile