1.71/5
Based on 7 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

8 Progressive Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 27, 2017

My daughter was charged with a debt to a school she didn't attend. They sent a threatening letter to her. When she called to find out what was going on employees were rude and condescending. Hung up on her 3 times and when asked to speak to a supervisor, a random guy came on whom was more condescending than the employees. My daughter was told to take her ** to Montclair and find out what was going on. Not their problem. This seems to me like fraud.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

I recently checked my credit score and saw I had a derogatory account from Progressive Financial Services for 150$ or so. I looked them up and saw they were a debt collector for other companies so I didnt really know who initiated the charge. I read a lot of bad reviews about this business not upholding their end of the deal or taking forever to complete transactions. So I was fearful of calling them and getting this resolved. I ended up calling them and they told me how Cox billed me for not paying a bill from 8 years ago! They said I could pay the fee in 2 installments or pay a one time fee of 99$. I was very sceptical but also relieved.

I ended up saying "I'll call back" and calling Cox to confirm and sure enough, that was the case. Cox had given the debt to PFS to handle so I had to pay them. So I called them back and ended up paying the 99$ and they assured me it would be processed in 24-48 hours. I was recording the call for insurance. A few days later, the Derogatory mark on my account was gone! I am completely free of that debt. They were very professional and I am grateful for that.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2016

I paid off my account 6 months ago. Yesterday they took money out of my banking account because they never closed it. So in order to get my money back and have them reimburse me, I have to send them my bank statement! Then call back to close my account.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2016

This company is HORRIBLE! DO NOT USE THEM!! They took money out of my account without my permission. If you can't make a payment they threaten you. I have been lied to several times and they don't do what they say they will do. They charge you $106.00 upfront for a some paper and a CD for you to settle your debt on your own. They are never available when you call them. The fees they charge are outrageous – DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!

Original review: March 12, 2015

I received a notice of a loan (?). First from Progressive Financial and now more recently from EOS CCA. I asked both of these companies for verification of the loans, original creditor, and any payment options. Neither of these companies has bothered to respond to my requests. Are these legitimate companies? What are my options in dealing with these companies. I am concerned especially when EOS CCA is asking for a social security number. Worried in Indiana.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Financial Services?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2015

PFS has been collecting a debt of 235.00 each month for almost three years. This debt is the result of co-signing a loan for my sister in 2004 when I was still working. I was laid off in 2006. I was already having health problems before this so I had to retire and go on full disability. My sister was also laid off leaving me with the debt. Since I have been paying Sallie Mae has agreed to accept $6,000.00 to buy my name off the account.

I did this on the first week of December 2014. I was promised a statement letter saying that I was released from the debt but it is the end of January 2015 and have not yet received it. I have called three times, most recently on the 20th of January. That was on Tuesday. It is now Saturday the 24th and still no letter.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2013

This company has been in contact with me about an old debt which I had thought had been paid. I agreed to make payments once it was verified that the debt was valid. The collection agency, Progressive Financial Services, stated that after 3 monthly payments, I would be on a reduced interest payment plan. This was stated on several different dates. The individual who was the primary contact was Thaxton **. This individual verified in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 that I was on the reduced interest payment plan.

I checked in December 2011 and January 2012 and found the lender did not show a reduced interest. I spoke to Mr. Thaxton ** and he confirmed and verified that I was in the reduced interest payment plan. Now there is another individual, Ashley, making contact and stating that I am not in the reduced interest payment plan and I never was. These appear to be false, misleading, and deceitful statements, practices, and policy that Progressive Financial Services is utilizing either in the past or currently. If they stated that I was in the reduced interest plan and I was not, then I think the interest should be recalculated at the reduced interest and the excessive interest deducted from the balance. I have repeatedly requested everything in writing and Progressive Financial Services refuses to put anything in writing. I would like some resolution to this issue. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2010

Unfortunately for me, I share the same name as someone who has an outstanding loan for $94,716.07. This company has sent letters and made calls to my home in order to recoup . They tell me the last 4 numbers of this person's social security number which doesn't match mine and when I try to get my name off their list, they hang up only to call the next day. Please can you assist me.

Progressive Financial Services Company Information