National Recovery Network

Compare Debt Collection Agencies

Research top Debt Collection Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Recently I lost my car to an ex-employee that promised to pay my money but for two months, nothing came of it so from another friend's advice, I was taught to repossess the car whose title is still under myself. So I was googling and came upon this company. Through a phone call, a guy named Mark was quoting me that the fee to recovery of a car taken unlawfully from me would cost $798. Mark told me to just submit my information and then the process will be reviewed prior to actions taken. As soon as I followed his lead and submitted the information (not expecting anything be done without final contract) including my contract for the car with the individual that did not fulfill her payment, the action was taken by the company to repossess the car in 2 days. The company then proceeded to charge me $1813.50 without my agreement to the contract which never materialize.

The owner named Rick, was extremely rude and corrupt to the core. When I called and ask for the fees to be broken down and to forward me the contract where I agree to this payment arrangement, he hung up on me multiple occasions and told me that since I am a grown adult that I ought to know how to read the terms on the agreement etc. There was absolutely no way to negotiate with a con-artist as himself. The next day since I talked to him, he emailed me another invoice, which was inflated to now $1918.50 all within a day's worth!!!

Right now, he is avoiding contact with me although I tried to recover my car that he is holding hostage until I pay with whatever the amount he would extort me for. This behavior is no less than criminal blackmail and illegal activity. I can assure you that I am not the only victim in this case but countless other individuals can attest to that. Please shut this practice of extortion and illegal activities down instantly as there will be more people getting hurt in the interim.

RUN AWAY!! I was quoted a price over the phone. And after researching the company I called back to ask about the complaints of hidden fees. I was given a firm quote and a promise that I could limit the amount that could be charged on the application/contract. I was still billed $1,100 more than my quote (5 days after the recovery). For a recovery that took less than 24 hours. It took more than 24 hours to get to speak with the manager that still didn't uphold promises made by his company. And he only reduced my bill by $350 after a process they call "invoice reduction." Then the money MUST be wired that was never presented up front. Even after wiring the money I still can't get information because everyone has to call me right back. But I never get a call back. And now I am going to be charged for storage because they do not know how to run a business nor return a call. #WEASELS

My vehicle was repossessed on 12/29/2014 by Nationwide Recovery. When I called the number 312-399-3559, given to me by Titlemax to inquire about my vehicle information, I received no answer. I left a message and called back today, 12/30/2014. Still no answer, when the staff - alleged to be Lisa ** answered the phone she was rude, hung up on me, approximately 5 time, and told me they were closed until Friday, and to call back on Friday. When I asked for her boss, she laughed and said that Barack Obama was her boss. I am trying to inquire about fees and make an appointment to pick up my items out my car. But this company will not cooperate. And Titlemax who hired them to repo my car, told me they have nothing to do with that.

Assigned an account for repossession. Could not get updates. Won't return phone calls. Sent them an email to close the file. Won't confirm they received it. All their calls are answered by an answering service. Didn't even read file I sent them. Ran wrong address the first time. I sent them a letter certified mail closing the account after reading that they repossessed vehicles after they were told not to. Very bad business practices. Need to do something about these people. One of the complaints I read said he was a felon.

I ordered a repossession of a vehicle and contacted National Recovery Network (which I found out by another repo company that this is a software for repo companies in general). Supposedly they found the vehicle, added all these crazy fees that were not even in the contract, a $499. base fee, a $245 in-house investigation fee, criminal check background (which is ILLEGAL unless is requested) $89.00 FEE, and utility break fee $25.00, info data BS fee $59.50, impound fee $395.00, total invoice of $1,357.00. I'm required by law to provide location of the collateral to my customer and a right to redeem certified letter with location and contacts numbers (so the customer can get their personal belongings if there's any).

This company REFUSES to provide me with a condition report with actual pictures of this collateral: address of location, actual telephone numbers or any legal documents. How do I really know if they even have this car? We have e-mailed and called non-stop and no answer, besides a phone call from a Kristine stating that since it's been over 15 days they are selling collateral today! I research the telephone number and it comes to be a T-Mobile cell phone and a residential address to a Kristine, same with Elizabeth **! Do NOT do business with this rip-off company. They don't even have a US DOT or a legal name. This is bunch of people stealing money from you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Recovery Network?

National Recovery Network repossessed a vehicle for a client that did not belong to their client. National Recovery failed to do their due diligence and research the true owner of the vehicle before it was repossessed. The sheriff's department was called out and had the vehicle return to the person that National Recovery network stole it from. I will like to pursue legal action against this company.

They have a sales guy named Mike who scams people and lies to them to get them to sign up. He quotes them $499 to get their car back and tells the customer all this crap about all this technology they have when, in realty, they do exactly what other customers have said. They lie and steal to get you car back, then triple the price. They have a crappy little office in Apache Junction in the middle of nowhere to hide from all their pissed off customers. They have like 4 employees total and the owner, Rick, is a known felon who goes by Rick Sambrano. Look him up! The company has open investigations against them by the IRS, FBI, and local law enforcement.

I contacted NRN and asked how much would it cost to find my van that I had sold where the buyer ran on me. I was told $599, maybe a little more if it was hard to find. I asked what was the most one was charged and he told me maybe $1100 for a vehicle that ended up in Mexico. I signed on and sent them my paperwork as well as several addresses I had already checked out. Two weeks later, I finally got a call from the local agent asking me about the addresses I had checked on. He also ran a few new addresses by me. The next day, I was called by National Recovery Network (Cynthia) and told they had found my van and someone would be in touch with me within 48 hours. 48 hours came and passed. I called them and they said yes, they had the van and they would send me a bill.

Once the bill was paid (bank transfer only, no credit card or personal check) they would tell me where to pick up my van. I received a bill for $ 1742.50, three times the amount I was quoted. They had me. They were so nice about it. They are so slick. If I wanted the van, I had to pay up the bill. I had no choice. I transferred the money and they sent me an email with how to find my van. The place that had my van were astounded when I told them what it cost me. They said they received $350 for locating the van here in Tampa. This company should be put out of business. I have no recourse on this now except to warn others not to use them. I will also write letters to the Better Business Bureau in Scottsdale, AZ, the state of Arizona, Tampa Business Bureau and state of Florida. These people are bottom suckers and should be held accountable.

At first I was also impressed with the Recovery Network, based on their reps. That was until I received the inflated bill- 3 times as much as their original quote! They know they have you, and in order to get your vehicle back, you will have to pay. They do not take credit cards (afraid people will fight the fees), only wiring straight to their bank account. They are scam artists, beware!

When I first contacted National Recovery Network, I was very impressed. The people I spoke with were very professional and gave me hope that I would get my truck and trailer back. Once I decided to hire National Recovery Network, Dustin ** was assigned to me. I had so many questions, and he was able to answer all of them. Then he asked me to fax him as many documents that would be helpful to the recovery. I not only faxed him all the pertinent documents but also all the information on the present location of the truck and trailer. I also supplied key codes for the truck. This information should have make the recovery efforts much easier for the National Recovery Network.

I was most concerned about the cost of the recovery of my property due to my financial situation. But I was assured by Dustin ** that the base fee would be $1499 and with all the info I had supplied him, he also assured me that "at the outside, the most it would cost me would be $2500 and if it exceeded, $2500--I would be notified prior." I was not!

He mentioned that National Recovery Network had a legal department, and all documents would be reviewed before the recovery process began. He was well aware of all the circumstances of my situation and involvement with Scott **, who contracted to purchase my truck and trailer and defaulted with over $37,000 owed to me, including late charges and interest. Further, Scott who lives in Springfield, Ohio traded my truck and trailer with someone located in Mesa, Arizona without my knowledge. (This is the reason we hired National Recovery.)

I had hired National Recovery Network on November 25, 2010. And I never received one update on their website until December 22 at which time I was informed that it's recovered. Then I called on December 23 and spoke to Alex, the investigator who recovered the truck. He told me he was not sure what was going on and he would call me back. The next call from the company was received by my wife Barbara from Michelle on December 27 who asked to give her the bank info on the truck and trailer. I thought that was odd, since we had already given that info previously via fax. My wife asked her at that time the cost of the recovery, and Michelle said the Billing department would contact us. But no one from Billing called me.

I emailed Alex on December 28, and he called me back. At that time, I asked him if there were any problems with the recovery, and he stated that it was a very easy recovery with "no confrontation at all." He further told me that the person who had the truck just handed over the keys to the truck. He also told me that he had to "pull some strings bordering illegal practice" with the Ohio DMV to have the lien put back on the title and the title converted back into my name.

Alex then asked permission to speak with my bank, stating he had to make sure I was the original owner to protect his company. I then gave my banker, Robin ** permission to speak to him. Alex asked Robin for a 10-day payoff amount which I found odd, since every time I asked him a question concerning costs, he would tell me that he is only an investigator and he does not get involved in billing. I was misled into giving the bank the authority to speak to Alex, because he asked about the financial status of my account which had no bearing on the recovery of my truck or cost of recovery.

Still, there was no word from Billing on December 29. I emailed Alex again, asking for the name of a supervisor, and he gave me Rick St. Marie who is the general manager and owner of the company. I spoke to Rick, and he still would not give me a price but said I would receive a fax at 3pm, Arizona time. I received a faxed bill of $19,500 with no details for the recovery of my truck. I was never informed by anyone in the company that there would be so much of an additional cost to the $1499.00.

I called Rick and he told me that this was an extremely difficult recovery and that the key codes that I supplied him were incorrect and he had 6 armed employees present because of the "bad neighborhood" the truck was parked in. Earlier, Alex, the person who actually did the recovery, informed me that

it was a very easy recovery and the keys were handed to him. This is an extreme contradiction to what Rick told me.

Rick also told me that there was no fraud on the part of Scott ** when he registered the truck and trailer in Ohio. Ohio DMV left the lien holder's name off the titles. He also informed me that he had interviewed Scott ** and spoke to his attorney, Mr. **. This had nothing to do with the recovery of my property, and I do not understand why they were contacted. This made me believe he was protecting him and not looking out for my best interests. I should have been informed as to why this was necessary.

I asked Rick why I was billed $19,500, and he stated that there was fraud involved with the Ohio titles, and due to the circumstances of a difficult recovery (I was told it was a "smooth" recovery prior by the investigator), he billed us on a sliding scale of 5-30% of the value of the vehicle, charging us the maximum of 30%. Please recall that prior he said there was no fraud.

Unfortunately, I found out after the fact that there are 26 very similar complaints against National Recovery Network to the Better Business Bureau. The bottom line is I hired National Recovery Network to recover my truck and trailer due to the fact that Scott ** stopped paying me what he owed on the contract to purchase my truck and trailer.

I, Rafael **, am the president of Golden Cusp Dental Lab. We are a dental laboratory. National Recovery Group is a collection agency. I have an account with them, to collect money from a dentist I used to work with. This dentist is Dr. Herman. I’ve been trying to collect from him myself since 2008. After I realized that he will not cooperate, I sent a collection agency to retrieve the money owed. To date Dr. Herman owed me $17,659.00. I have contract with National Recovery Group to retrieve that amount. Resonantly, when I’ve been calling National Recovery Group they haven’t been picking up the phone or returning any of my messages. Two days ago I called and the operator says that the number has been disconnected and is no longer in service. They haven’t called me to tell me they are closing or if they transferred my file to another office. I did find their second company in Buffalo, NY. I’ve called there but they also don’t pick up the phone or return any of my messages. The address there is: **

I hired this agency on August 3, 2010, to recover a vehicle from my niece. The account representative that I spoke with was named Dustin. Dustin indicated that the fee for this recovery was $800 plus some minimal fees, depending on how difficult the recovery was. He also affirmed that prior to the recovery all local law enforcement agencies would be notified as required by law. I inquired as to what a difficult recovery entailed and he affirmed that it was one that required a lot of man hours and investigative work. After explaining to him that my niece had no idea that I was repossessing the car and providing him with her current home address, he assured me that this was not going to be a difficult recovery; even going so far as to say "I am certain that we will have it by the weekend" and I had nothing to worry about regarding the extra fees.

On August 4, 2010, after receiving confirmation of my active case, I called asking for a fee schedule in writing and was told that it is was against company guidelines to issue any fee schedule as all cases are different. Subsequently, I called Dustin again and was once again reassured that I had nothing to worry about, especially since I had already provided him with a hot address. Feeling uncomfortable and unable to get any sort of customer service; I "googled" the company to find out if there were any reviews on their services. Needless to say that my concern was heightened greatly when I read numerous complaints that seemed to be synonymous with my situation.

Immediately, I contacted their office and explained what I had just read and attempted to get a more definitive fee schedule. Again, I was given what I now believe to be the company line. Two more documentable unsuccessful calls were placed to their agency over the next two days to ascertain a fee schedule. On Saturday, August 7, 2010, I received a call from my niece indicating that the car was not in her carport and she was reporting it stolen. Soon thereafter, I was visited by Tracy Police Department, wanting me to confirm that the vehicle had been stolen. I immediately informed the officer that I had hired this agency and that their folks had apparently failed to notify them as I had been instructed.

On August 9, 2010, my initial fears were confirmed when I received an invoice totaling $1727.50, with numerous charges that nary an individual (Sarah) at their company could explain to me. All I was told was to write down my concerns and contact the General Manager, and that he would work something out with me. I have numerous questions regarding the legitimacy of these charges and the strong armed tactics that are being utilized to collect the money. The invoice only offers wire transfer instructions and does not say where my vehicle is being held. Additionally, I was told that any personal property in the vehicle would be returned to my niece in return for the keys to the vehicle and that has not happened either. Please help!

They called me and said I owe money to BMG Music Service and they are trying to collect a debt. This is totally false. What can I do about it? I've read that other people are having the same problem with the same two companies.

I got a phone call from "National Recovery Agency" about a past due bill for $87.86. I called and explained that I have had no contract with Columbia House in at least four years and don't feel this is a legitimate billing. We got no place with this call and I refused to speak to them any further. I now just got a "Delinquency Notice" from them. What can I do? I don't feel I owe this money.

I was checking my credit and a charge of $87.43 popped up from Music Service Club. I never received any mailings from them stating that I was delinquent. I have an account with them online and was still in good standing. I'm not sure they are doing this because another company took over and they are trying to collect from customers because they lost money. My credit is in bad standing because of this.

They are trying to collect someone else’s student loan. I have asked numerous times to be removed from the list as I do not know this person. And they still call and write. They interrupt my work almost daily, and it feels harassing.

"You are worse than a woman," that's what Rick St. Marie, the owner of National Recovery Network said to me after I called to ask why I was charged $600 more than I was quoted to get my car back. All the stories you read about these guys are the same. They hook you with an $800 base rate and then have their sales associates assure that you'll be contacted prior to the unlikely event that you'll incur additional charges. So they sent me a bill for $1417, and the only person in the so-called largest recovery company in the US who can actually address your problem is Rick St. Marie. Dawn, Deborah and Tori are all in the scam but are strangely unable to do anything but tell you they can't do anything.

The bill is full of bogus charges, like in-house legal counsel. They refuse to explain that to you. Also, they don't tell you how long they've had your car, or even if they have it at all, only that it was located. When I pressed them on what located meant, they said it is secure. Dude, do you have my car or not? They refuse to say. When you finally talk to St. Marie, this is what he does: he avoids your questions, calls you names, and then hangs up on you. So be prepared for that. I even told him, "I know you're going to hang up on me because I read about that on the internet, but before you do, can I at least try to negotiate something with you?" His last words to me were, "I'll zero out your invoice and give the car back to the guy we took it from." Before I could say, "Oh please do that, I'd rather him have the car than you," he hung up.

This company is a joke. Someone needs to take them down. They are a silly bunch who likes to prey upon people in unique and desperate situations. In my case, my mother-in-law passed away and we needed help to resolve a bad situation. Rick St. Marie and his band of scammers don't care about your situation. They just care about your money. Thankfully, I gave this ridiculous excuse for a company no money. But they have taken my time, hours and hours of my time. I'm still not sure if they have my car or not. They try to threaten you that your property can be forfeited if you don't pay. Sure. What are you going to do, take a car that is not even in my name and put your name on it? I don't think so. By the way, don't be surprised if St. Marie responds with shock and indignation at this complaint. I'm more concerned about others who put their trust in this illegitimate company and actually give them money. Don't become one of them.

This incident occurred in May of 2009. This company indicated that there was a base fee of $800 to recover a vehicle plus any additional charges that may be warranted. I understood the additional charges, but there were no fees listed for these additional fees. For example, the company charged me $205 for in-house investigation, $350 for In-House Legal Counsel, Criminal Background check $66 TransUnion check $35 Utility Break/Search $33 MVD/DMV Search $65 and $59 for Doc/Fee and Info Data Search $33. I had to pay $1,886.50 if I wanted my car back. I asked about these additional fees, but was not given a full explanation.

I had to pay those additional fees in order to obtain my vehicle. I think the company should list the fees and not charge the customer any fee they choose. I was expected to pay maybe $1200 not $1,856.50. I would like some of my money returned. I think the company misleads customers and financially takes advantage of us. Basically, you are at the mercy of this company if you want your car back without any additional fees added on. I hope something can be done about this company asap.

My car is under my brother's name. The car got impounded on the 20th. One of my cousins took the car without permission and he got pulled over. Since he had a suspended driver’s license, the officer took the car away. A week later the towing company notified the finance company about the car and because I had some issues with my car payments, the finance company repo the car. I got notified and the finance company charged me about $1400 of fees and to get up to date with my payments. I notified them that my car had been impounded and under what circumstances.

Well, I paid the full amount that they asked for and they told me they only needed a release form from the San Bernardino police station. When the car was first impounded, I called the police station and told them that my cousin had taken the car without permission. They told me that if my brother went over and request a hearing and told the officer what happened, they could release the car before the 30 days.

Well, the finance company took the car to National Recovery’s repo storage. The finance company Wescom (1-888-4371866) told me on Thursday that they paid all the fees to the police department and that all they need was a release from them. Now, my brother was able to get the release from the police station today and now the finance company is telling me that they can do nothing about it because the car had first a 30-day hold on it. But if it still had it, then why would the police station give my brother the release?! I even called the police department myself and they told me that the car was repo and that they have nothing to do with it anymore.

I called the finance company again and now they are telling me that it does not matter if my brother got the release and that it is now up to the repo place "National Recovery" to release the car. Now, if the car was released by the police department and I have paid all my fees to Wescom, why does this National Recovery does not want to release my car? They just want to make more money and that’s what I'm complaining about! Please help me. My name is Alma **. My brother's name is Porfirio **. Please contact me as soon as possible. Thank you so much.

This collection agency is claiming that accounts closed a decade ago are not current and intentionally screwing up credit scores. This is a pure scam. They claim that they are trying to collect from an old BMG Music Club account but conveniently, BMG Music no longer has contact information so you can't find out what or when they are claiming you owe money. They just show up one day with a delinquent account on your credit (mine showed up for $55) and then offer to take it off if you just pay up. This is a pure shakedown and I want to stop them! I haven't used BMG since 1997.

I cosigned a note for a car for my daughter-in-law. She defaulted on the payments and would not return the car to me. After several weeks of trying to locate the vehicle, out of desperation I contacted National Recovery Network and spoke to their salesperson. He advised me to fill out an assignment form and submit it. I filled out the form and gathered as much information as I could to assist with locating the vehicle. I called and requested updates and no one would return my calls.

The car was finally returned to me by my daughter-in-law approx. 2 weeks after contacting National Recovery Network and I contacted them to let them know. I received a bill by e-mail in the amount of $900+. National Recovery did nothing to help me and would not even return my calls. I have found many complaints regarding this company on the internet. They do not disclose to you that no matter what, you will pay the base price of $800. What they are doing has to be illegal.

My name is James and I am writing this on behalf of my fiancee and was also working with Jessie. We do have a debt that we are trying to fix with this company. We started a payment plan with them and they still call every day harassing us with with loud voices and we asked Jessie to please not call Regina's job and Jessie continues to call her job even after we have started a payment plan with her. I called today and asked her to stop calling Regina's job. I said "We are working with you to resolve this debt." She then said very loudly, "NO I am working with you," and in the same sentence she said, "your case is closed," and rudely hung up on me. Why because I was stern with her and asking again to please stop calling Regina's job. We was on a payment plan with Jessie and she closed it on account of me being stern to her about not calling Regina's job. If that is not professional, I don't know what is.

This guy is caling my house but for my sons debt. telling me that he's from the chino DA's office that my son is about to be charged with embelzment. He has come to my house saying he's a detective but when i ask him to show a badge or card so i can verify he does not produce any, when i went into the house to call the police he left. My son does not and has not lived with me for him to keep calling me like this.

National Recovery Network Company Profile