National Credit Solutions

Compare Debt Consolidation Companies

Research top Debt Consolidation Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

3 months ago I was contacted by a very rude person by the name of Peter ** called me and said that I owed $7,500 for the remainder of an insurance payment from an accident that I had the previous year and my insurance did not cover the full amount of the damage. He claimed that NCS had send me a letter which I never received and had tried to contact me by phone several times. I never received these calls and thought that it was rather strange that in all these unreturned calls no one ever bothered to leave a message. If they had I would have returned the call immediately.

He tried to make it sound like I was some kind of low life who was purposely ignoring my responsibility. I tried to explain to him that Nationwide Insurance, the company that had hired NCS had never contacted me about this situation and if they had I would have responded immediately. He then accused me of ignoring the letter NCS sent and I explained that I never received such a letter. When he accused me of ignoring the phone calls from NCS, I explained that I never received any such calls and if someone had called and not gotten me they should have left a message. He in turn told me that because of their business they cannot leave messages because people won't call them back.

Then he proceeded to demand the $7,500 payment in full. I then explained to him that I am on a fixed income and could not pay that amount. He then said I could make monthly payments and asked me how much I could pay. I was so frustrated by this time in the call that I wasn't thinking clearly and said $125 per month. I realized later that I should not have stated that much because I really can't even afford that. Mr. ** then demanded that I had to make a payment then and there or he was going to instigate court action against me. I told him I would have to use a debit card for the instant payment and he said okay. I gave him the information and he hung up. He sent me an e-mail stating the amount to be paid each month and the amount Nationwide was demanding to be paid.

About a month later I received a letter from Mr. ** thanking me for signing up to use their automatic payment plan with my debit card. I immediately called him and informed him that he was totally wrong since I never gave them permission to initiate that program and never would give them permission to initiate such a program. He said it was his understanding I had because I gave him my card information. I reminded him that I gave him that information for the one time immediate payment that he demanded when I talked to him the month before. My son has told me not to continue making payments but I worry about what effect it will have on my credit report because I am on a wait list for a senior facility in Redwood City and one of the requirements is a credit check. After reading some of the other reviews, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who considers them very rude and unintelligent. Thank you for letting me vent.

I don't think I have ever spoken to or dealt with a series of employees who have been ruder, less clear, mistake-prone, and outright incompetent in my 59 years on this planet. My conversations with this company sound like a Pinter play and feel like Kafka. My story: I am a faculty member at a large, state public university of 35,000 students. I first received a phone call from National Credit Solutions well over six months ago from a man who said that I owed (about) $200 to my university for tuition. "But I'm not a student" I said. "I'm a faculty member. I don't pay tuition." Had I taken out any student loans? No, I explained again, "I am not a student. I have not been a student for over 30 years."

I asked him to tell me precisely what the bill was for. I said (as I have consistently said in every subsequent phone call) that I would be glad to pay my bill if he could tell me what it was for. Well, it took about five minutes for this guy to pull up a bill on his computer, and then there was lots more mumbling on his end. I started timing the call and the length of time it was taking this fellow to tell me what it was for. Finally he got back on the line and told me that the whole document was sideways, and he couldn't read it. He tried for about another five minutes, but the print was too small or something, and the document was sideways, and he just couldn't do it. I tried to be very patient, even though we were now nearly 15 minutes into this call. I know these jobs can't be fun. However, I am virtually certain being competent would be a desirable employee trait.

Finally he offered to email the document to me so I could see it myself. Sounds great, I said. I asked if he could also send me a hard copy in the mail, and he said that would be fine. I gave him my university email address, and he already had my home address, which he read out to me. Fine. I never hear from this guy nor this company again for six months, and think no more about it. Like all of us, I have a busy life and having some incompetent person who doesn't know how to rotate a document on his computer screen tell me I owed money on a student loan that I didn't take out was not something that weighed heavily on my mind. Last week I see that the same phone number has called me three times, only once leaving a message asking me to call back NCS.

Are you still in there with me, reading this prose? I'm impressed. But the story also gets impressively worse. I call back the number stated, and a woman answers the phone. I say my name and explain that I am returning a call. I asked what the call was about. I can't remember for sure whether she asked, "What are the last four digits of your SS#?" or what was my birthday. I said, politely enough, that I wasn't going to give my personal information to someone I didn't know over the phone without knowing what this was about. And she said that she couldn't tell me what it was about until I gave her the last four digits of my Social Security number.

She kept interrupting me when I tried to explain that I didn't know what her company did, who she was, and repeated that I wasn't going to give out personal information on the phone to someone I didn't know. She was stuck on her set response that she would not talk to me unless I "verified my identity" and she talked over me every time I tried to explain why I would not do so. I finally asked if I could speak to someone else there.

She handed the phone to another woman who had the same last name as she did. At this point I'm picturing two middle-aged sisters in a one-bedroom apartment at their respective computer screens alternating between playing Solitaire and harassing customers. I hate to say this, and I am generally not a snob, but these were not smart people. These were people who had problems with ordinary sentences. I don't mean dialect interference. I don't mean English was not their first language. I mean that both these women struggled to gather their thoughts into basic sentences. Let's just say that at this point the conversation has not flowed well.

This new woman picks up the phone and I say my name and ask what their phone call was about. "We're a collection agency," she said. "You have an outstanding bill." "Well thank you," I said. "That other person wouldn't tell me that. She also kept interrupting me and wouldn't let me explain why I wouldn't give her my personal information. Now you can have my birth date and please tell me what this is about." I waited a long time while she presumably looked up something on the screen, although I also heard papers rustling in the background. I started timing this call too, and taking notes, because at this point, although I'm still not irritated but am mainly rolling my eyes, even I who tries to have infinite patience with students know that this is taking a ridiculously long amount of time.

Finally she said that I owed (about) $200 to my university, as I certainly should know because they had called me and sent me several emails and several letters about the debt over the last six months. The phone call with the other guy six months before suddenly pops in my head. "Oh, right," I said, "I remember now. There was a guy who called to tell me I owed money on my student loan. Except that I'm a faculty member and not a student, and I have never in my entire human life taken out a student loan." Well, she explains, it may not be an actual student loan. It was just money that I owed the university. And I said "Yes, I remembered now."

I didn't want to give my debit card information over the phone to pay a bill when he couldn't tell me what the bill was for. I told this second woman that he'd said he was going to mail me my bill because it was sideways on his screen. "Well, I don't know about that," the woman said quite firmly. "But you do know you have this debt. We have mailed you numerous times and you have not had the courtesy to reply." Okay, at this point I am definitely getting irritated. I don't like being bossed around, I don't like being spoken to roughly, and I don't like assumptions being made about me like whether or not I'm "courteous."

So when she finally climbs off her high horse and lets me speak, I say that it's possible I overlooked them because I get an awful lot of email and junk mail every day, but could I ask what email address and mailing address they had used? More shuffling around, and then she says an email address that is completely wrong, not even close except it has the state name in the middle inexplicably, and it ends with ".com." Any person who is trying to collect debts from university students (OR faculty, as in my case) should know that no college or university in the country has an email address that ends with collegename.com. They always end in collegename.edu. It's basic for anyone who works with the educational system.

And then the mailing address she has for me is to a PO Box I had over four years ago for about five months, when I was moving between two places. I don't know what the story is because obviously I'd given the man the right email address and mailing address. Plus, my university obviously knows my email address and my home address, so if this guy had misplaced mine, that should have been the first place he called. I don't know who or how he could find out that PO Box # from. They must not be using a very reliable source to confirm info. So I start to explain that those weren't my addresses and I had not received anything, and she tried to say that that wasn't her fault while speaking over me but I carried on under her attempted interruption and finished my sentence about how these were not my addresses.

I hear her draw a deep breath and think hard how to say what she wanted because she was going off script. Then she begins: "You say you were being interrupted all the time, but you, you [long pause; words failed her] you are the one who won't let me get a word in." I wait politely now and listen. "What I am trying to say to you," she continued, "is that you have a debt. And that you have had all these papers mailed to you and you have not responded. And we are collection agency who has been hired by your school to collect a debt. This is an attempt to collect a debt." I wait to be sure she's done.

A beat passes and then I say, "But you were mailing them to the wrong address. I never got them." And she says, "I will email you the bill as soon as you hang up the phone." I'm delighted. "Great!" I say. "If you've got my bill right there, could you please tell me what the charges are for?" "I will email it to you," she says flatly. "Well, can't you just tell me what it's for while you've got it right there?" And she says, "I cannot be on the phone and email you at the same time. And I cannot be on the phone and look at the emailed bill at the same time. " "Well, could you print it out and tell me what it's for while you're still on the phone?" I ask. [Pause] and then she says, "I need to put you on hold."

I'm not making this up. To the best of my recollection this is exactly how this conversation went down. I hope they are all recorded because I want this company to know that I have clearly stated near the start of every phone call, to every new person I have talked with, that I am very happy to pay my overdue bill immediately, if they would just please tell me what I was being billed for.

So I'm on hold for almost six minutes. It's okay. There's some kind of perverse pleasure for me in counting out the seconds and minutes on my pad of paper. Plus, silly me, I thought I was probably on hold because she was trying to print something. Or even better, trying to fix their mistakes by appealing on my behalf to some higher NCS authority (although it was a bit hard to imagine who would be higher than God, which is who she sounded like she thought she was: snarky, snarky, I know) about my quite reasonable assertion that I would not pay a bill without being told what it was for. So I continue timing her and reading the paper during this time.

Between five and six minutes pass and she gets back on the phone. It clicks and she's there. "Hello?" she says. "Hello," I say back. "Yes?" she says. "We were just talking," I say. And I say my name. "Oh yes?" she says in a way that suggests that I'm the one that has something more to say. So I repeat that I want to know what my outstanding bill is for so I can pay it. And she curtly says, "I don't have the time to be on the phone with you for 20 minutes to talk about this." And I said, "Well, neither do I? Why did you put me on hold then for five minutes?" And she said, "Because I had to take another call."

I'm flabbergasted. Utterly flabbergasted. She's right that this is all taking WAY too long, but I'm right that I'm not paying a bill until someone can tell me what it's for. Plus, I'm not filled with confidence in the company because the first guy told me I owed money on a student loan and these second two women with the same last name really, truly don't know how to put a simple sentence together if it's off script. Then she downshifts back to, "Your university has hired us to collect a debt." And I say aloud that maybe there is someone I could talk to at my university.

"Yes there is," she says. "That you can do." "Well, who should I go talk to?" "The university," she says. "I know," I say, "but where? What office? Human Resources?" "I wouldn't know. Just go to your university. And I will email you this record as soon as you get off the phone." We leave it that she is going to email me the bill (again) to my correct email address. We said goodbye. She had the temerity to wish me a good day (script), her voice almost dripping with sarcasm. I wished her a good day too. And I wish her well. But I also wish she would get a job she was better suited to, because this one clearly isn't working well for her or her customers.

But wait, there's more. No emails came for 24 hours. But about a day and a half later I get an email from "SPX Registration Request from National Credit Management." First of all, is that the same as National Credit Solutions? Second, the sender's name is "do-not-reply@fw-notify.net," so I can't write back to find out. Third, it's obviously a form letter that says at the top "ENCRYPTED EMAIL MESSAGE." And near the top it says: "National Credit Management has sent you an encrypted message. Before you can receive and view this email you will need to register with a password by clicking here."

I get the same message every other day for about a week, but I don't click on the link in the email until today. I told myself this afternoon that I just had to get over it and open the darn email link. Even though it looked moderately fishy, even though it wasn't clear that this was the same company as National Credit Solutions, I decided that it was more likely than not from the same company that had called me. So I click on the link, right where it says "CLICK HERE." I get a 404 FILE NOT FOUND message. So then I copy and paste the actual link below into my browser, and I get the exact same message. So, we're not going to be communicating well this way, either, given there is a broken link in their form email.

My best guess is that there's probably a grain of truth in my owing payment on a debt. I don't know what it's for, but it could be I owe money for a lost library book or parking tickets or both or something like that. I'd just like to know what it's for before I shell out money to a voice on the phone. My best guess as far as strategy goes is that I should go to the university's cashier's office in person and try to find out what I owe and to whom (I can find nothing online that says I owe any bills.) However, the university is currently on break and no one will be back in that office until Monday.

C'est la vie. I don't hold grudges, and I do try to forgive people their faults because goodness knows I've got plenty of my own. But I think by any objective measure, based on what I remember of these phone calls, their tones, and what was said or implied, these people are incompetent and, yes, quite rude. They are not in the right job, that is for sure. Based on my experiences with their employees, I'd recommend doing all you can to avoid working with this company. Yes, I feel that strongly about it. Good luck!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Very very nice people. Answered all my question and did help.

k. of Silver Springs, NV on

Original Review

At first wonderful. Then after 90 days cancel service... Told had to speak with accounts. Before could cancel. For 3 weeks called twice daily. Never spoke to real person... On hold for up to 1.5 hours. Finally cancel payment through bank.

I tried to call and reach my acct manager to pay my debit, and the woman likes to have control issues on the phone. Very unprofessional and very nasty. I am a disabled Vet, for serving my country this is how I'm treated. I need to pay off some issues and I can't sit through this woman's nasty behavior, talking over me, cutting me off, this is how you will be talked to when you call in. They have never called me. Also I just wanted a simple answer and all I got was attitude. Hughes is my acct manager at ext ** and he is never in to answer my question.

I paid these people 1200.on two loans. The last 50 payment I asked them to send me a letter that debt would be satisfied and they told me it was against their policy so I told them I was not paying the last payment without a letter. They said they could email me and they did but when I opened it an alert came on the email stating it was an unsafe site. Their email name was nationwide.showbiz. This girl named ** keeps calling my work and my coworker. I paid them on a prepaid debit card and it does have NCS on my statement. I have filed a complaint with the CFPB but these people address isn't correct. I will file again with the CFPB if they continue to harass. They use a robot call and tell you to push option 2. These people are scammers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Credit Solutions?

The customer service representatives along with supervisors are unprofessional, very rude, have no phone etiquette whatsoever. They talk over you and try to belittle you. I spoke with a supervisor that hung up on me and a representative that talked over me without me getting a word in.

I found the representative at this company (National Credit Solutions) to be rude, insensitive and unprofessional. I called to resolve a debt issue. She was unreasonable and disrespectful! It is no surprise the reviews for NCS are awful!

Okay, so I am really disturbed by these phone calls, not only on my cell but my home phone as well. According to NCS, I owe a past due amount of $480 from a payday loan in 2011. My first reaction was this was not on my credit report, which I questioned that to the lady I spoke with, which was extremely rude. She said she needed a statement from me to rectify the problem, and I told her I was not a young person. I explained that when you owe money, first your credit is affected, and next they call immediately to make payment arrangements. So why did you contact me four years later?

I also asked what payday loan company was she talking about, and she said that she is doing her job and that she doesn't have that information. I know when you owe money the account # is supposed to correlate with a company that you owe. In conclusion of this scam, it isn't on my credit report and my account is closed - they have on file. I am so happy that people like this have to totally degrade themselves and work for a company that steals from other people just to get a paycheck. I could never do such a thing and lay my head on my pillow every night to get a good night sleep.

Wow. I simply don't know what to say about these people. I received ONE phone call from these people this morning and while I was trying to call them back - they called my mother in law, my father in law, my brother in law, my work, my husband's work, my mother, even my 16 year old child! In all cases they told my family that I was "going to be process served" and would be "Facing severe legal action".

My issue? This is the first I've heard of this! I asked for proof, I was sent a GENERIC email stating the debt, the bill owed to and that was it. It didn't even have the company's address on it OR phone number! They kept shouting at me, telling me I was going to be served, that they were in the process now of serving me and when that happened they would be able to do nothing about it. Said that they would see me in court. Okay. I told them that I was recording the call - and they began to scream at me. First one person, then another! Said that I owed well over 1100 dollars and I had to pay it RIGHT NOW! I refused to give them any information and was told that I would be served papers within an hour. Okay.

Seriously, are these people for real? They are saying that they are "litigations" however when I asked them to be specific and asked if they were collections or a law firm, I was told "they are in litigations" ... okay - which is it? Because I worked collections for a number of years and you have to tell them when they are in collections. You also have the oh I don't know, ADVISE THEM that this is an attempt to collect a debt.. .none of that happened. SCAM. Seriously, these people are no bueno!

I was contacted by NCS and was told that I had written a bad check and that I will be contacted by the law enforcement officials in my county. I never write any checks... I am sick of these scams that try to wiggle and frighten old people from their hard earned cash!!

These people called and sent letters telling me I owe Columbia House $89.82. I'm 59 years old, I'm a war time veteran and I've never ordered anything from Columbia House. I told these people this and they still harass me and my 85 years old father. Please ask these people to stop ASAP. Thank you.

I got a call from NCS saying I owed over $100 for DoubleDay Large Print I opened in 2008 and someone was paying on the account and now my credit was affected, and to stop the calls, I needed to pay. They gave me some address I had never lived in and said to call them when I was ready to pay.

I looked it up online and it's a scam and someone word for word had the same call, dates and company. So I called NCS back to let them know this is a scam and the girl Crystal laughed and yelled, "This lady thinks we're a scam". She kept saying look us up on the Better Business website and Tennessee is one of their covered states. She kept laughing and acting rude. I asked for her manager and she said she'd take a message. After I said I would hold. I got a manager and she figured out it was another person by my name and gave me the last 4 digits of their SS no. so I knew it wasn't me. It is crazy a company like this exists.

I inquired about a collection that just appeared on my credit report. He told me the only way to get it off was to pay the collection amount. They had a P.O. Box that I used less than two months when I moved. He said they could prove I had received products from that address.

My husband was in an accident and was killed in May of 2005. I moved two times but I had a forwarding address. I never received any mail from this company.

On May 12, 2011 this lady called my house about a debt (NCS) in Laurel Pointe Apt. I told her I am disputing the amount. She asked me why. I was explaining it to her when she cut me off and said you don’t have a job that’s why you can’t pay. You need to get a job you low life then hung up the phone. I called her back to get her name. She said we have nothing to talk about unless you paying us and hung up again. I called back again and she answered told me to pay my bill then hung up again. It was very upsetting and rude how she talked to me.

I received a notice from this company and I called them seeking further information. I was unaware of any debt from Columbia House. It supposedly occurred in 2006. As I started talking the lady was very rude. I was so appalled at this comeback from this person, I told her so and she reduced the payoff from $43.95 to $24.94. I am thinking about paying it but I am furious about this type of customer service!

I received a letter stating that I owed $148.03 to National Credit Solutions. The letter stated that the charges were for an unpaid account balance at Hollywood Video. I do not owe Hollywood Video anything. This has come out of the blue. Hollywood Video has been out of business for at least a year, if not longer. I don't know why I am receiving this letter now. As a result, my credit rating is now being jeopardized.

NCS claims that I have bad debt with Hollywood Video dating back several years. I am sending them a certified return receipt mail asking for the movie rentals, dates, and a signed copy of the rental agreement which was required to leave the premises with the movie, as well as the alleged return date of the movie. I attempted to call them on the 800 number provided, which now has a recording directing you to their new 900 number, and calls to them now cost you $1.50 per call - seriously? And these guys are in business?

I received a collection notice from NCS for Hollywood Video fines in 2009. My account balance was fully paid in person at the local store during their going out of business sale in Feb 2010. I never received any notification that there was a debt after the store clerk informed me that our account was paid in full.

NCS insists that I provide a receipt from items listed as late as 2 years ago! Who keeps receipts that long? Hopefully, I paid it with credit card and my bank representative will find it. I've already submitted complaints to the OK Attorney General's Office and the Federal Trade Commission. The VA Department of Consumer Affairs representative told me that they had received over 100 calls today alone regarding this company. How can they continue to do this kind of thing?

I have received a notice for collection on a Hollywood video, account no. **. They say I have an overdue amount of $914.00. I have read on your website that I am not alone in having a collection notice that is as crazy amount like this. The store I used for years is closed and I don't know who to call to get this corrected before it gets to the credit bureau.

I received a collections' letter for Hollywood Video in the amount of $176.78. The last time I visited the store I owed nothing. Everything had been paid up. I was told now I received this bill a year later from this credit business. They told me it was for later charges and the cost of the item that had the late charge on it. She claimed it was written in the agreement that was signed. I asked them for a copy and she said I would have to request this in writing. I asked her if it would be a copy of the original contract or a falsified copy, she said yes.

I then asked her so it would be falsified and she changed the subject and said I would have to write for it. They cannot seem to give a itemized account summary. She also told me that she did not know what I was trying to do but they were not a scam company which rang a bell to me then.This was the second time I called. They informed me the call was being recorded prior to the conversation. I had a call last week from National Credit with this number **, but no message was left.

While checking my credit reports, I noticed that NCS was on my TransUnion report as a collection account for original creditor, Hollywood Video. I have never been called or notified in any way about this supposed debt. I do not owe Hollywood Video or NCS anything. I called NCS and spoke with Misty, who was rude and hung up on me while I was talking. I called back and talked to Therron. He wanted to transfer me to Misty until I asked him not to. He put me on hold and came back on the line and told me he could take care of all my problems. All I had to do was pay the amount I owed. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said no, several times.

I asked him not to hang up on me numerous times and finally, he silently put me on hold. I held for 10 minutes, another man answered then put me on hold for 10 more minutes until Marci **, a supervisor, came on the line. She was very professional, but I was basically told the same thing. I will have to write them and request the information. I notified her about her rude employees and she apologized. I have sent a certified letter to them requesting numerous items be sent to me to try to prove their claim.

I found out that I had been turned into NCS today for not paying late fees to Hollywood video (which is now closed). They could not give me any details as to what I had turned in late. All they told me was that I had late fees and since they were never paid, I had to pay the cost of the game or movie. I was turned over to NCS in October and I was never sent any sort of bill or notice of any sort. I had to find out by doing a credit report. They also expect me to pay in full the amount owed by Friday, which is only four days away. I intend on getting records of the dates and movies/games that I had turned in late and if they cannot give me any proof, I will be reporting them to the attorney general's office.

They just popped up on my credit report for a collection of $36! I did order from Columbia House back in maybe '97 or '98 and fulfilled my membership commitments with them! This lowered my credit score considerably, after I have been working so hard to build it back up. I have filed a dispute with Experian. This debt, which is invalid, is also beyond the statute of limitations. NCS has violated the Fair Credit Reporting Act and has re-aged the debt as of July of 2010. This has dropped my credit score by 45 points and it isn't even valid! If this gets removed, will my credit score go back up to where it was?

They claim to be representing Hollywood Video in collecting a balance of $99.86. This was never owed by us to Hollywood Video, and we never failed to return a video to them while they were still in business. The NCS company says that they do not need to provide evidence that the debt is owed, and that the burden of proof is on us to prove we do not owe the debt.

We are well along in years and have never had a blemish on our credit. This not only has been a great inconvenience. Their threat to ruin our credit has created a very difficult emotional state for me and my wife. When we have tried to speak with an agent, they become defensive and hostile, in spite of our efforts to be cool and factual about the situation.

In January of 2011, I was in the process of buying a home and my lender contacted me about an outstanding item on my credit report. I had cleared all of my debt back in 2009, so I was shocked that this item showed up out of the blue. My lender informed me that the creditor was National Credit Solutions. I gave them a call, and they told me that there was a balance of $150 and that the original creditor was BMG/Columbia House.

Several years prior, BMG attempted to collect for a DVD that I never received, and I fought with them for quite some time about the charges. I didn't hear anything for several years, and I assumed the situation was rectified.

The representative from National Credit Solutions informed me that since BMG/Columbia House was no longer in business, my only course of action was to pay the balance on the account. In the interest of getting the item settled, I paid the $150 and was told to expect a "Paid in Full" letter within 3-4 days.

More than a week has passed and I still have not received the letter. I contacted NCS this morning to try and get a copy of the letter (which they claim to have mailed) faxed to me. I was told I would have to send them a letter authorizing them to fax it to me. I did, and after several hours, I called to check on the status of the fax as I had not received the letter.

Another representative from NCS informed me that faxes sometimes take "up to 48 hours" to get to them, but that she would check on it and call me back in an hour. Two hours passed and I called again to find out what was going on. I got the obligatory "All of our credit assistants are currently serving other clients" message, and was told (by the system) that I was caller 20. After 5 minutes of nothing, I hung up and called again. I received the same results on subsequent attempts.

Aside from obvious damage to my credit score resulting from an unresolved debt apparently sitting on my credit report for more than a year, I may be in danger of my mortgage not being approved. This company is conducting fraud and I can't believe that they are being allowed to continue to do this to more and more people.

I received a notice from an alert on my credit report that I had a negative hit before I received the notice from the credit agency. They were pursuing $184.70 for late fees from a Hollywood Video account. I had never received anything from Hollywood Video in writing or by phone and never had a chance to dispute if it was correct. When I contacted National Credit Solutions, they indicated that it was for three movies returned late. I informed them that it was incorrect, not to mention that had it been true, it would have been just about $6.00 in late fees. The lady then said that they charged other fees on top.

I have filed a complaint with Michigan Attorney General, FTC, and am going to send to my local paper, news, and other agencies. Clearly, something is up with how Hollywood Video handled the bankruptcy, how the credit agency comes up with an arbitrary number, and the fact that your credit report is hit before any contact is made with the consumer. I would love to see a class action lawsuit by all Hollywood Video customers. Most of us were up sold on unlimited plans with no late fees and then had late fees attached anyway. No wonder they went out of business.

I called on 1/6/11 after finding their name on my credit report. I have a credit monitoring service so it was just reported on 12/10. The male person at NCS "politely" said that the $99.00 I "owe" was for late fees on a PS3 game rented on 1/30/09. I am not saying I did not rent this game, but it was returned on time! He informed me that if I did not have a receipt that I can not prove that. I asked how come I was not notified that there were late fees owed. He said that in HWV's contract, it is stated that they only have to tell you when it is due back. If you do not go in the store when returning and get a receipt, it's your responsibility to know or find out if it is late. They do not have to notify you at any time by phone, letter or otherwise.

National Credit Solutions said the same thing when I asked them why they did not call or write to notify me. I would not have even known if I did not have my credit monitoring service. This is the most asinine thing I have ever heard of.

First of all, let's say I did get a receipt on 1/30/09 stating that I did return it on time, who the ** is going to have that receipt now, 1/6/11? I asked NCS how they can prove this claim. His response was that it was in their files that were sent to them for collections. ** is what I say. He said it would stay on my credit report until it was paid in full.

I informed him this conversation was over and hung up.

I have a bad credit report saying that I got a DVD from the Movie Gallery that no longer exist (this is a bunch of **). Nobody can get a hold of you to let you know what is going on. I had a great credit report and it is now bad because of these people. Now, they won't even answer their phone. You are always the 33rd caller and then, nothing.

I just received a credit alert about some debt for $178.00 from National Credit Solutions. When I reviewed it in more detail from my credit monitoring service by Experian, it seems to come from Hollywood Video. I do not know of any balance due at Hollywood. They went out of business, and I have never received an invoice nor any other communication from them. Now I have this collection notice, and my credit report has plummeted.

I received an alert from Equifax today that my credit report shows that Experian reported that "Collection information has been added to or changed on your credit file." The report goes on to say "If you do not have a past due account that may have been sent to collections, contact the collection agency reporting the collection account as this may be a sign of fraud." The report states National Credit Solutions is the company and that I owe them $148.

This is definitely fraudulent. I have never heard of them. I do not have any overdue accounts with anyone. Tonight, I googled National Credit Solutions, and this website is my first stop. Now I am angry and worried and have no idea what to do. I would like help please! Thank you.

National Credit Solutions Company Profile