Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

Global Collection Agency

Ithaca, NY

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Global Collection Agency Reviews

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

How is this company still in business after robocalling my daughter and me for months!! They yelled and cursed when I called back and asked by law to stop!! I have filed a complaint with state and they need to be closed because of fraudulent business practice. They keep asking for personal info!!

Original review: July 26, 2019

We have been harassed by this company for months, 10 calls a day, well today while my husband and I were having lunch, (he is recovering from a massive stroke still) we both get calls “unknown” caller. They both go to our voicemail. As I read Amanda’s message stating my husband missed his court date that was yesterday we needed to immediately contact them. The voicemail had our County listed. I was immediately sick to my stomach, well I didn’t want to let my husband know because of his precarious health issues. High BP caused a massive stroke. He got the voicemail too so he knew. Anyway Amanda leaves a number to call and at 1-844-728-4042. Including a case number so I call back, I was on hold at least 2 hours but worried sick, so I continue to hold.

Eventually a lady picks up, very sweet. Tells me that we “had” to pay 2500 immediately or they had our bank account info and would freeze our money. Disability money at that. She then told me they could take our home, at this point I was scared I asked if I could make payments. She goes silent for maybe 10 seconds. She says can we borrow the 2500 immediately or get it out of our savings. I said no!

At this point I start asking questions, I ask how does she have access to our bank account anyway? She states the attorney her company works for hired private investigators, and had access to our tax records, states she sees our income which I say all we have is disability money. Then I asked for info on who owns the debt from a credit card 7 years ago? She refuses to tell me, I ask for her name, company, ID number she gives me her company name Global services then immediately puts me back on hold without giving me a sec to speak. I hold 30 more min while holding I began to goggle the company name and came across this forum. I am absolutely sick over this so is my husband, please someone stop this company.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: May 31, 2019

Got a call from a "Compliance Officer" from a former county I lived in. Stated they were locating me for a court issue blah blah. I asked who they represented. They gave me 855-210-1854 and a case # to call. Called them they state I owe a debt from 2013 (Which I do not) and that they are the "Proceedings Officer". Upon calling them they make their threats of sending someone to serve me blah blah. I laugh and get off the phone then call them back and ask for their company name. They state Global...then I ask for a mailing address. They refuse to give one stating they don't do that, they just locate people for court cases.

I tell them upon advice from my lawyer I need an address to have them served with a signed cease and desist order from a judge to leave me alone as there is no debt owed. AMAZING they have no mailing address to give. I said what if I wanted to pay the debt in full? Oh then they don't collect monies, they are just locating individuals to be served with court papers. RIGHHHHTTTT. They never 1 time asked for my address to mail or serve me anything....

Original review: May 31, 2019

Global Collection Agency is a SCAM. They have been harassing me and my family members for over a month. They call from different 1-800 and local numbers playing on the phone leaving voicemails stating my county has a warrant for my arrest. I have contacted my local police department and of course they have nothing. I have asked Global for a address, phone number and a professional license number and every time I do they hang up in my face. I have asked several times for them to send me something in writing in regards to what they are trying to collect for and of course nothing ever comes. They ask for my credit card information and of course I decline. I have filed a complaint with my state attorney generals office so hopefully this will work

Original review: May 29, 2019

I got a call from Global saying they were going to sue me and take me to court. They wanted my SS to verify, if it was me I only gave them my name nothing else. The guy was very rude, he wanted my last 4 of my SS, I wouldn't give it to him. He was actually messing with me. He was like "if I gave you the first 3 numbers can you give me the last 4?" I said "NO", then he was like "good luck in court" and hang out. Right after my dad got a call same company then threatened him, then call my mom. They did the same like how did you get their numbers in the first places. I seen the reviews on this page and every one had the same problem with this people. They harass you. HAS ANYONE GOT PAPERS TO GO TO COURT, because I haven't got nothing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Collection Agency?

Original review: May 6, 2019

This company called my husband about an outstanding debt that had been paid off years ago. They wanted payment over the phone and when we asked for written record of the debt, as well as wondered out loud why we'd never, ever, ever received anything in writing about the debt still being outstanding, the woman asked, "Oh, you didn't?" then got REALLY quiet, and then we were mysteriously disconnected and no one called us back about this matter that was supposedly VERY urgent only moments ago.

When I called back to inquire about a company website, or a way that I could verify--even through a third party--the legitimacy of the business, I was told that there was no website because they "didn't serve the public." When I was told they were a "mediation firm" where people could pay into their outstanding debts, I noted out loud that it seems like that would be "serving the public," and that if I could be asked to provide my credit card information over the phone to pay a supposedly outstanding debt, I should be able to verify online in SOME way that the company was legitimate.

I asked to speak to a manager, who consistently interrupted me, would not provide me with verifying information, and eventually berated me by saying that he thought it was "pretty stupid that you would call a number back that you thought was a scam." I reiterated that I was only trying to verify that the company WASN'T a scam. When he finally gave me the full name of the company, I brought it up online while on the phone with him and told him that our situation sounded like an exact replica of several other complaints on their BBB website.

I asked why he wouldn't be able to provide a physical address or other way to verify the legitimacy of the company and he said that he could not provide a physical address "out of protection for his employees" (fine, I get that), and that he couldn't provide me any other way to verify the company's legitimacy without first having our case number and my personal information. We went around this probably a half dozen times, and it always ended by me saying that I didn't believe my personal information OR the case number were material to simply having SOME third-party way to verify that the company a) really existed, and b) wasn't trying to take money illegally from people. I made it clear that scam calls are common and that he should understand that, and that numbers like that get reported to the FTC.

After he berated me some more about how ridiculous and difficult I was being (odd response, given he wouldn't give me ANY way to verify the actual company), he gave me his extension and told me that I could call him if I wanted to (after telling me never to call them again) and then hung up on me. They never responded to our request about receiving record of the debt in writing.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I was furious with the woman who called me, said her name was Reisha. Won't let you get a word in edgewise, trying to collection on a debt that was settled a decade ago. She was a piece of work, and the epitome of why collections calls have such a horrible reputation. When she would hang up on me, she would call me right back. This went on for ten minutes until I blocked both the phone numbers she called me from.

Original review: March 5, 2019

this company called via a local number and left voice mail to call an 800 number back with a case number. They called my daughter, myself and my husband (2 times) within minutes, threatening to send an officer to our home because of a debt of my son. My grown son doesn't live with us or my daughter. These people obviously don't know how the fair credit reporting act works. No matter the amount or nature of a debt, you are not allowed to lie or threaten any person, talk about the debt to anyone but the person who owes and/or their attorney and when you tell them to stop calling, they are legally obligated to stop calling.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

On 2/4/19 my sister, brother and myself all received calls about my son and a claim was filed and they gave me a case number and told me he had to call 800-258-0698. My sister ended up calling the number and gave the case number, all they said was they were from Global. My son got on the phone and they asked for his social security number. He refused. They said they were sending over 15 police officers. They called my brother twice, and me using different numbers which I didn't answer. All numbers did not have a name associated with it. Glad I found this site.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

These people scared my grandmother and called her threatening to serve me papers if I don't call within the hour. First how did they even get her number? I called and they verified wrong information and still questioned if I was giving them correct information. These people are a scam and practicing illegal collections! They need to be shut down!

Global Collection Agency Company Information