Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
1.38/5

Pleasanton, CA

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

89 Diversified Collection Services, Inc. Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

The people at Diversified Solutions are rude and disrespectful. They will not work with you. They will call you all hours in the night and harass you about a debt collection regarding a family member. I have ask them not to call me no more. They keep tell me if I don't pay their bill they will take me to court, then I ask them for a date and won't tell me. Also they tell me they are coming to serve me papers at my house to go to court. These people need to be reported to the Better Business Bureau as they are rude and disrespectful to people. If I ever in my life own a business I will NEVER turn to these people to collect from a customer.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

They keep calling our company on the fax line. I have called them several times been told they were removing it. Last time I called they were we do not see our company's number. The person they are looking for does not even work for our company. I am sick and tired of the robo calls. I filed a complaint with FCC about them for the company. Now I am posting here as well. If I could block you from calling I would have done that back in September. It is now December and it is still going on. Horrible, unprofessional. If we ever had issue with our customers with payment I would NEVER turn to your company to try collect. From experience you would harass the wrong people or company.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

I am a family member of the person Diversified Services is trying to collect an old, incorrect debt from. Somehow they got MY cellphone and home phone number although it is unlisted. When they called yesterday, I told them they should not have my numbers and not to call me again or I would report them. They continued with rude, threatening collection techniques. I told them do not call again and hung up.

This morning they called BOTH numbers again. I am not the one they are trying to collect from! I called them, told them I had done all the legal things, reported them to FTC, Commercial Protection Agency, and my state attorney general AND if they call again, I will look into online businesses that will call continuously every number they have to jam their lines AND businesses that will over stuff every mailbox they have with absurd junk mail! I have had it with these rude, aggressive collection agencies who skirt the law and manage to stay in business! ENOUGH with decent people being threatened by these scoundrels!

Original review: July 27, 2016

I received a email from a person that said they worked for this company stating I owed money. I called company, she doesn't exist!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

I had school loans that I was making payments on, but it was determined I was not paying enough fast enough. Diversified contacted me for a re-payment plan. I was told no new interest would accumulate and the payments would be drawn directly from my account. I was told this would happen for 8 months, then my loan would be returned to the US Department of Education and no longer be considered in default. In the final month, I got a notice... it said that I was late on my payment. I called. I was told the loan had been returned to the department of education. I called the department of education... they told me they received nothing from Diversified and I needed to contact Diversified.

In the meantime, no payments could be made because nobody could tell me where to send it. This went on for months until my paycheck was suddenly garnished by over $500 (I am a teacher in a public school in Louisiana). I have tried to contact people at Diversified for over 2 years. I have left messages, but have NEVER been able to speak to anybody. They have charged me more than $1400 in unexplained fees since January 2015. They have also taken all of one tax return and half of the last one... with NO notice and REQUIRED BY FEDERAL LAW! They took over $12,000 in payments from me in 2015 alone. I have never received the "mandated by federal law" notice of garnishment, income tax offset, NOTHING. I plan to find a lawyer and give them the hell they have given me!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Diversified Collection Services, Inc.?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2016

I paid off an outstanding debt that accrued when I no longer worked, due to taking care of my ailing mother. The debt was paid off a year ago, and they kept a lien on the property. I've called repeatedly and been given the runaround. The person I spoke to was Christina who is very rude and unprofessional. They are still demanding almost $5,000 which again has already been paid in full.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

When I was laid off from my job, my loans went into default and was sold to Diversified Collection Solutions. When I spoke to one of their many representative, they was always rude and didn't care about my situation. One person went so far to tell me that I would have never went to school. Frustrated and hopeless, I reached out to the Department of Education and was able to get my loans consolidated. Unfortunately my issues didn't stop there with DCS. For the past year or so, they have been leaving bad marks on my credit. I am at a lost on what to do or who to reach out to. I even had my loans reconsolidated twice with no luck. I just want DCS out of my life!

Original review: May 20, 2015

I called in to discuss a debt owed by me to US Cellular. The Reps don't like me calling in on my account and were rude. Diversified claims I owe 900.00 and I feel that they have no right adding a 200.00 fee to my $799 balance that I owed to US Cellular. I will make payments but it will not be for what they claim I owe.

Original review: April 29, 2015

We moved last year and at the time, my fiance and I both had Comcast, we decided to go with his plan as it was less expensive. I called Comcast and told them what we were doing with the timeline and when the service was to be disconnected. Comcast, did not turn off my service on the date requested, so when I got a bill we called and asked them to roll it into our new account although the amount was wrong they went through and corrected it and agreed that it would be taken off as a collection account. 3 months later I was checking my credit score and saw that I had ding from Diversified Collections.

First, I called Comcast and they agreed to take the report off the account and mark it as current and closed. There was a small balance that was owing of $93 but again I had no idea as they never sent me a bill. I went ahead and paid it, and called Diversified, talked to a supervisor and again they were going to take this off my report as the amount they were reporting was $234 and that was not correct nor was the report from Comcast. After another couple months, I called Comcast Corporate and they said they would take care of it as they could see what happened and it never should of been reported.

Now 6 months later, this shows up on my credit report as a collection account. Again I called and still no results, so I reported it to Experian and it came back as "Remains". I am so frustrated and angry that this still has not been resolved.

Original review: April 22, 2015

I did owe Sprint through Diversified. Sprint took my account back and gave my account to ERC a few years ago. On my credit it showed that I owed sprint $684 through Diversified and $684 through ERC. After I called all 3 places several times, ERC was the only company who could access my account so I settled with them and that amount came off of my credit report however Diversified is still showing that I owe $684 to sprint. That does not look good on my account because I'm trying to buy a house. Please take this off of my credit report thank you.

Diversified Collection Services, Inc. Company Information