ALW Sourcing

Baltimore, MD

Compare Debt Collection Agencies

Research top Debt Collection Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

In august, this company called me stating that they represented a discovery account that I owe. They said that they acquired my account and that they were calling to settle my account. They claimed that they could reduced the amount if I would post a check for $1345. I said that I didn't have the money, and the suggested that I could send installments for $345.00 per month starting in August. I post dated a check for August and September. I asked them, they could send some verification about their relationship with discovery. I stopped payment on all reminding pre-dated checks at the beginning of October. On November 3, 2011, I received a phone call asking when I could send the balance. I said that I could not do that . Alw sourcing phone is 866-588-7138x5953.

I also informed them that I checked their company online and found out that they are indeed a bogus company. At that point, I called them to inform the telemarketer that I would not make another payment and that I was going to report this company to consumeraffairs and the Massachusetts attorney general office. They scammed me out $690.00. Why do these company use scare tactics on the elderly. I am seventy-one years old.

I have never ever heard of these people and never dealt with them in the past. But they call me on Monday, Tuesday ,Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturdays.They start calling at 8:00 am and it finally stops around 6:45 pm. This has been going on for months. I babysit my grandkids and how in the world are they to take their naps with the placing calling constantly? Better yet, it is always a recording, never a real voice.

I started receiving calls from them quite a while ago from them. At first I ignored them and after receiving a few calls I checked my credit report and found nothing unusual. I have begun receiving calls again from ALW Sourcing every day or so. This time I tried to call them only to receive a message that the mailbox is full, press 0 for operation only to hear a message to hang up. How Can I stop these calls? NJ has a no call list. Do these calls violate this no call list program?

This is not a valid debt! Please help me figure out what steps I need to take to resolve this bogus matter! Who are these people?

This company calls my house everyday at least once, sometimes 4 times a day, about a settling a debt we owe. We neither owe nor have we ever owed ALW sourcing anything. I feel this is a scam, and this company should be investigated.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ALW Sourcing?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I received a letter stating that I can settle an account for 50% of the total balance listed above. It says that the creditor is Portfolio Acquisitions LLC. T"his offer will remain valid for 45 days for this letter and may be extended for an additional period. Before making a payment, call them to ensure that the offer is till valid.

Unless you notify this office within 30 days after receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of the debt or any portion thereof, this office will assume the debt is valid. Should you choose not to accept the offer, the account balance may be periodically increased due to the addition of accrued interest or other charges."

I do not have an outstanding debt to Portfolio Acquistions LLC. I do not appreciate being told that I have to contact them within 30 days or the debt will be considered valid. From the information that I attained from the WWW, this company has been doing this and getting away with this for a while.

On February 13, 2010, I received a statement from ALW Sourcing, LLC, P.O. Box 4937, Trenton, NJ 08650-4937, dated February 5, 2010, which looks genuine, telling me that I owe approximately $3000 to a bank. It lists a creditor account number and a current balance. This is a bogus scam, as I do not owe anyone any money. Please do something about this fraudulent collector ALW Sourcing, LLC.

I note on the internet numerous complaints and scams relating to ALW as well. Their letterhead address is listed as 1804 Washington Blvd., Baltimore, MD 21230. Their office phone is listed as 888-379-4884. Their bogus statement letter also includes the option of payments online at, with a "unique registration code. " Apparently ALW Sourcing attempts to scare people into thinking they owe money. This fraudulent ALW Sourcing, LLC needs to be shut down as soon as possible. Thank you for your help.

ALW Sourcing Company Profile