OurTime

OurTime.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.73/5

OurTime is an online dating community for people in their 50s, 60s and older. Through the app, users can customize their profiles, browse curated matches and exchange messages. The app is compatible with Android, iPhone (iOS 11.0 or later), iPad and iPod touch.

BOTTOM LINE

OurTime is an easy-to-use app for people looking for new relationships. Users can scroll through matches and connect with singles. It’s free to join, but all the best features are only available through a paid subscription.

PROS
  • Curated matches
  • 14-day trial subscription
  • Easy-to-use app interface
CONS
  • App contains ads
  • Pricey monthly subscriptions

Top OurTime.com Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

I recommend the site. They have proper security in place, and as users we must be mindful of our information we provide on profile as well as reporting any suspicious behavior to assist in keeping it a safe and enjoyable experience.

I went out on a lot of dates with this site. Everyone was nice and polite for the most part… I didn't meet my true love on a dating site but I was only on it for 6 months. My experience was positive.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

What is OurTime?

OurTime is an online dating app designed for singles over the age of 50. The app is simple to use and easy to understand. Features include liking individual profiles, sending messages to other singles and a “Discovery” feature to find other singles.

How does OurTime work?

To use OurTime, you must download the app (from the App Store or Google Play) and set up an account. You have the opportunity to customize a dating profile and match criteria. You can also update the profile and match settings at any time.

Once your account is activated, you can browse matches or find other singles using the “Discover” feed. The app also sends a personalized daily list of matches that meet your criteria. Simply tap the heart to indicate you’re interested in a person’s profile.

With a paid subscription, you can send messages to other members and see when your messages have been read. With the free version, you can reply to messages if the paid subscriber assumes the cost.

OurTime costs

OurTime dating site costs range from free to $89.99. Initial access to premium features costs $37.99. In most states, discounted rates are available for long-term subscriptions:

• One-month premium subscription: $29.99
    • Three-month premium subscription: $69.99
    • Six-month subscription: $89.99

OurTime FAQ

What does the red dot mean on OurTime?
    The red dot indicates that you are offline and not available to take messages. If you’d like to change this setting, click the red dot and you will be back online.
    What does the green dot mean on OurTime?
    The green dot means that you are online and able to receive messages. If you would like to go offline and not answer messages, hit the green dot once.
    Is OurTime free?
    Yes, you can download OurTime for free. However, most of the best features are considered premium and require you to pay. You can purchase an upgrade without a subscription but at a higher price. If you’d like to upgrade your membership for more features, you must pay an additional monthly fee.
    How much is OurTime per month?
    Depending on the subscription plan you choose, expect to pay between $15 and $30 per month for OurTime premium features. For example, you have the option to purchase one month of premium features for $29.99, or you can purchase six months of premium features for $89.99.
    Who owns OurTime dating service?
    OurTime is currently owned by People Media. The same company owns several other dating websites, including Match.com, BlackPeopleMeet.com and SingleParentMeet.com.

Is OurTime a good dating site?

OurTime is good — for those who get matches. Some reviewers complain about possible scammers, but that happens with almost every dating site. OurTime dating services are ideal if you’re looking for a no-nonsense approach to mature online dating. The app lets users join for free, but many of the most desirable features are only available with paid subscriptions, which can get pricey. To learn more, read OurTime dating site reviews below.

OurTime.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: March 9, 2021

I joined Ourtime for a 6 month period. After 1 month, it was abruptly stopped and said I would have to call their number. I called and asked what had happened and the guy I talked to (Roy) said he would let the company know and they would get back within 24-48 hours. After 2 days and not hearing from them, I called again and was told that I was cancelled for not following the guidelines. I told the man that it must be a mistake because I had not done anything wrong. I asked what it was that caused this and he said he couldn't tell me. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he refused to give me a name or number, but after a while he finally said he would see if he could get someone to talk to me. After being on hold for 30 minutes I finally hung up. It was clear that no one was going to talk to me. This company is obviously in the business to take your money and then cancel you without any explanation. They are scammers!! Beware!!

Original review: March 3, 2021

Every time I go on the site, I am told someone has viewed my profile but I can never find the profile of that person. I cannot search a person by location (postal code) even though it is supposed to be an option. Finally, there are extra charges for everything. Overall the site is a confusing incoherent scam to gouge we fools who have subscribed to it. I must add that Match.com is just as bad. These parasites are cursed and should be put out of business and our misery.

Charles Bernard

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

The reviews on this site are absolutely true. I wish I could stop people from wasting their money. Half the profiles don’t have a picture. And the ones that do aren’t even local. And the ones that are look like they just fell off a prison bus. They make it so difficult to cancel the renewal. There has to be better sites out there. Please beware.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Do Not Pay “OurTime“ any money. I had a paid membership on “Our Time“ singles website and you expect to make contacts but “Our Time” CONTROLS every person you try to email by blocking the conversations and charging ridiculous “Gifts”, “Tokens”, a stupid “Boost” over and over on your credit card. From $.99 to $6.99 each time and more just to receive or correspond with other members. "Our Time” blocks the conversations from happening so they can get into your bank account over and over. They overcharge for the Membership as well and to make contact with ANYONE which never happens. Save your money. DO Not Sign Up with “Our Time” singles website.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

This is the worst dating site. They ignore your location and send you matches from various other states. You will get messages that you have many reviews. They are not there. There are members photos on this site from years ago. I know this for a fact because I was on this site in 2018 and met a guy. When I went back on this site his profile came up. Same one same pic from 2018 and I know he is and has been in a good relationship. So DON'T DO IT. It's too expensive for what you get and the men are mostly just surfing and not seriously looking.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

After browsing the site for a week or so - I finally 'joined' (i.e. paid $40 for a one month subscription), because I had 30 messages and likes - and many seemed legit. Upon paying the fee - I was able to see details on messages - and although before I paid up the site showed me primarily local guys (I live in DFW - so lots of guys), upon payment - details revealed that 95% of the contacts were from guys many thousands of miles away! Only 2 of the 30 were in the DFW area - and a total of 4 in Texas. The age(s) you are interested in and the location don't seem to apply - once they have your money. TOTAL SCAM!!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

This site has gone to hell over the years. They allow pics of girls that are early 20s claiming they’re in their 50s, 60s and 70’s. I report them as fraudulent profiles but nothing gets done. Like others said, they ask for your info right away. Beware because this has become an illegitimate site. I would not be surprised if the entire site is being run by criminal scammers. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT JOIN!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Lots of not active, outdated profiles. Some obviously scammy letters. And no tangible results! Anyway, I found something better! I'm over 50, but I don't mind having a younger partner. I found her on **. She is 37, young and beautiful :) but mature enough for relationship. There are many women there who don't mind age difference, as it fits their culture. Their minds and personalities are mature enough.. Often more mature than those of American women over 50.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

If I could give zero stars I would. I did the free trial for 3 weeks before deciding to pay for a subscription. Once I had my paid subscription I quickly discovered that the vast majority of profiles are either scams, old members no longer on the site, or non paid "members" that you cannot interact with; you cannot message or contact them to indicate your interest and they cannot contact you except by upgrading and paying to allow you (unpaid subscriber) to respond. People media is completely aware of this and in fact has designed the site so that it appears that they have lots of active potential partners. Also, please note that when you agree to become a member that they accept NO responsibility for the content or veracity of the profiles; it is to their advantage to have as many profiles as possible so that it appears that you will have a robust experience.

In 6 days of site usage, I interacted back and forth with 1 legitimate person who I have now had lunch with yesterday. This is despite me sending out about 10-12 messages without a SINGLE reply from what appeared to be legitimate people with potentially legitimate profiles; and I am a widowed physician who is 5ft 11 inches and weighs 160 lbs. and had 3 nice photos on the site, (1 with my 2 cats and dog all resting on the couch with me). Here are other specific examples of how bad this site is:

1) Everyday you receive 8 "matches" sent to you from OurTime (whether you have a non interactive unpaid subscription or a paid subscription); these are for you to review and "accept" or "pass". One profile and photo was very interesting to me so I messaged her with my interest without any reply. The problem is that this profile never showed up on a single self directed search of mine (either before or after I paid) despite that she supposedly lives 10-20 miles away from me; I probably ran 40 searches and even put in the 2 zip codes associated with the Charlotte suburb where she supposedly lives and not once did her profile appear in my search. While this might be explained by the fact that she was a non paying member I received an indication from the website that she opened my message (nonpaying members can not even see that a message was sent to them).

2) The site has a feature that says when you are "online now". I coordinated with a women friend also with a paid membership and would see my profile as "online now" when I wasn't online (we were talking on the phone).

3) My women's friend profile/photo shows up with 2 different photos of her so that her one membership appears as 2 different people; not her doing; PeopleMedia did that.

4) I typed out and sent a 1 paragraph message to a women who was supposedly online with a lot of detail about my interest in her profile; what was sent to her (I reviewed on the sent message feature) was a request from me for her to use the "Chat Now feature" which would require more $ from each of us; NONE of the content of my typed paragraph was visible in sent message.

5) MANY of the messages one receives on this site are women(? can't be sure) asking you to ask for their photo (I never responded to these but they clearly would ask for your phone number and then do something harmful with it) or people who have their phone # "disguised" in the body of their profile text to again bait you to interact with with them off the website so that they have access to your mobile #.

Bottomline this site could easily be self policed by People Media to quickly get all the riff raff off the website but then they would be left with very few real members who are on the site for the stated purpose off finding a potential "partner". They don't want to self police; they only want to take your money and lock you into a relatively worthless subscription and menu of extra features that will waste even more of your time and money. You will be better off standing on a street corner with a sign that says "I want to meet you".

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I question the validity of this site. It just did not seem authentic. I searched for local area single women and upon paying for the month service found that those who I had replied to who were supposedly in my area were in different parts of the country. While on the site there were numerous pop ups of women who claimed to be in my given area and upon trying to reply it showed that they couldnt receive messages etc. The site seemed legitimate. That is until I made my payment. Bogus site.

OurTime.com Company Information