MySpace.com

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I don't know if anyone from Myspace even reads these but the new design is terrible, confusing, boring and just a huge mess. It isn’t even a social networking site anymore even though I think it still claims to be? And it is supposed to be even more about the music now trying to compete with Pandora and Spotify but the music features usually don’t even work! That is a huge thing that turns people off even more from Myspace I’m obsessed with the Myspace era but I think you should have stayed similar to what it was before. Of course it would need some upgrades but people like it because it is cool, fun and nostalgic. I think there was people coding in malware and hacking with the html/css stuff so maybe if you can figure out an inventive way to have that not happen but still make it customizable that would be so cool!

I guarantee that more users would visit the site if it was similar to how it was like 10 years ago. Whether it be adults who just miss Myspace, people who don’t like Facebook, or teens who didn't get to fully experience Myspace during its peak. I seriously don't know what the people who own Myspace now we're thinking with the new layout but if it was changed to the old Myspace I'm sure you could make a whole ad campaign like "the old Myspace is back!" and if it's good word of mouth will play in just like it did years ago when Myspace first started!! Oh! I just thought about how Myspace came out with its first app a couple years ago too and you could definitely try to turn it into a better user friendly social networking site/app and I think Myspace needs to remember the thing that set them apart from Facebook and all the other social sites was how you could be creative and discover all these cool new artists all while making friends!

The music doesn’t even load on Myspace anymore... maybe they could add a Youtube/Soundcloud music interface thing so it's easier to upload music to your profile (because if you don't listen to mainstream/more well known artists you can't find anything and I feel bad uploading someone else's song even if I give them credit) but it could be similar to Pandora like they want where you can find songs and stuff with the things you like (Youtube and Soundcloud do that too though). (I apologize for how terribly this is written. It's a mess because I’m just rambling and haven't slept at all but I’m sure whoever read this understands my point.)

Honestly, I want to sue Myspace for deleting mine and everyone else's personal messages, blogs, comments, etc. It's depressing to know I won't ever get my personal messages back no matter how hard I tried to retrieve them. I am truly pissed, I do not think I'll ever get over it!!

They thought they were going to bring people back with that lame attempt of "updating/upgrading" Myspace. Well, obviously that failed. I agree with some of the other people -- you should have just left it alone. I liked the old Myspace better, the classic version. I miss looking at all the old messages and all the memories. The new update sucks. It's not very appealing...and confusing on top of that.

I am very displeased as to how MySpace has changed their website, and got rid of so much memories for thousands. I went back to retrieve a photo of someone who very close to me passed away, and was unable to do so. I also was not able to see any of my old messages because of the change of the new format. I cannot believe they thought this was a good marketing choice to bring people back. I cannot believe they took so many of my memories away from not only me but many others. I strongly suggest they get back the old material because I know it exists somewhere, and will not stop until I have it. MySpace, you sincerely suck.

A photo was taken of me back in 2004 when I was drinking at a party. Someone there made a fake MySpace account for me which I cannot access but has my name. I have reported the account as fake about a week ago but when I Google search for my images, it is still there plus the fake account. I cannot properly contact MySpace and have tried calling, going on their Q&A forum, just getting the runaround since the photo and account is still on google and MySpace. Google will not do anything to help me and advises me to contact MySpace to delete the fake account. I am tired of this defamation of my image and the time and difficulty MySpace is causing me while it is still posted on the web. What can I further do? They have no direct phone or email service to contact them directly to address this issue? The MySpace website tells me to go to the Q&A forum and someone will respond! When?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MySpace.com?

I, like many, have lost many things of sentimental value -- especially messages -- and am grieving. We live in an age where politics of digital property are still being formulated. We everyday social networking users could either benefit from these nascent times, these murky waters, this freedom -- or we could be slapped across the face. Hopefully, this lack of reverence for user data will not become the legacy or the norm. The social networking world is relatively young, but if this is to be the era of ephemeral information, I must return to phone calls, emails, and hard-copy photo albums. Myspace purged user property without due warning or the opportunity to collect. What of this destructive investment when its appeal shrivels up like yesterday's tomatoes? I am boycotting Myspace for the rest of my life.

I spent years building a profile, blogging, making industry connections and now they have erased it all. There is a method to their madness. They are trying to destroy the very independent artists that got them off the ground. You suck my sp.

Myspace is so pointless now and I don't think they realize it. The reason for so many people returning to Myspace would be to look back at old messages, comments and blogs but since they have deleted almost everything that had to do with my old account, I find using Myspace as a waste of time and I'm sure many other's will as well.

A long time ago I switched to Facebook because I could no longer remember my password for MySpace and regardless of my attempts to retrieve said password could not get it since the email they had on file for my account no longer existed and I couldn't get it via my new email. Needless to say I was shut out of my account... I couldn't even delete it. I would however go search the blogs I created and found it with ease since my poetry was on it and I wanted people to read it. I recently discovered that all of my blogs and everything I had ever written on MySpace is now gone. I'm heartbroken because all my poetry was there. All of it gone. I have no way to get it back. I am sickened by MySpace and will never go back and will forever turn people away if possible.

Myspace deleted my account without my consent. Now I feel severe emotional distress. I am almost 25 and I had started my Myspace account when I was 15. I have now lost 9 years of memories. Ultrasounds of my nephew, blogs, photos of friends, photos of a deceased friend. This is irreplaceable... I'm heartbroken and having a panic attack. I contacted Myspace about account retrieval and was told that my account has been permanently deleted. They didn't have my consent to delete my account and I did not violate policies. Everyone left Myspace because Facebook has better policies. Now I know why I prefer Facebook. Myspace is a joke and should be shut down.

Had a MySpace page for years and without warning page was deleted, containing pictures, instant messages comments, blogs, etc., from friends, family members whom are living and deceased. I have lost years of personal information, which has caused extreme distress and frustration, as these memories of loved ones were stripped away without notice. Have written to MySpace for two months now with no help.

I have been emotionally scarred & traumatized by MySpace as well as "I FEEL" had my rights of ownership and privacy violated on many levels. First and foremost, let me address the most serious issue. I had maintained MySpace accounts (22) in all between myself, my husband and my 5 children for almost 10 years before recently trying to log into them only to discover that they'd not only altered every one of the 22 accounts, but also deleted all of my personal content such as personal emails, music, blogs, and games. The main issue which has affected me the most deeply is that 2 years ago in January 2011, I tragically lost my young niece who was only 32 years old. She had a high risk pregnancy and ended up giving birth to a healthy baby girl who survived the birth and is now almost 3 years old, but my niece unfortunately went into a coma from a loss of blood and several ruptures to her uterus she'd gone into shock, etc.

She languished in a coma for some 12 days before she passed, and never got to be with her new baby girl, and also never again got to see her 2 other daughters that were only 8 and 10 years old. I grew up with my niece. Her mother (my sister) had been 20 years old when she had my niece and my sister (who was my eldest sister was 17 years older than me), so I was only 3 years old when my niece was born, therefore we were basically raised together, and having been 3 I begged my sister the entire pregnancy to name her after me which eventually she gave in and did to my delight! So all her life she came to be known as Little Donna and I was Big Donna. It was my honor to have been her aunt and gotten to be raised with her and love her all the years she was with us. To have lost her so tragically during what is supposed to be one of the happiest times of life (giving birth & bringing forth new life) was a tragedy in itself.

Now to make matters worse, prior to her going in to have the baby our very last exchanges were on MySpace through MySpace messages in my personal inbox on my account. From time to time after she passed it would bring me comfort to log in and read those messages where we exchanged the on-goings of our daily lives if we weren't able to see one another for periods of time in person, so really those messages were all I had left!!!! How dare MySpace do this horrible thing! I had birthday comments from friends and relatives who are no longer with us, and some of them were my last communications with them including a close personal friend I'd gone to high school with named Nick who also tragically passed young. I am sooooo fired up angry and distraught I lost my breath for a few moments. When I discovered the accounts and their content of the old MySpace were gone that I initially, frantically googled what was going on to see if there was some sort of error or something that could be done to get the accounts back to their original status; only to be even more devastated to see hundreds and thousands of other people who are going through the same experiences.

Issue number 2 that is affecting me, I logged into my some 20+ accounts several times per week to access my Mobsters by Playdome accounts and play them, many of which I used debit cards in the past to pay for additional features on the game (actual real cash not tokens or something of no value). This is a very serious matter to me as I feel like someone has been in my house and gone through and taken some of my belongings without my knowledge or consent! While I realize as a member/user, I was merely a member of the MySpace community; I feel once we created our individual accounts and uploaded and input our own customized content, which we furthermore (thousands of people) used either daily as our personal recreation, etc. many of us for many, many years. MySpace had no right to just delete or snatch it all away from us with no say from us or before allowing us to either save our personal content elsewhere on other social media sites our to discs on our own computers before making them totally inaccessible to us.

I am shocked, appalled and devastated, and am at this very time trying to seek a remedy as well as the restoration of all of the content from my personal accounts including my comments, blogs, messages, playlists and games along with their progress and content! I feel I have every right to continue my over 20 Mobsters accounts, and if MySpace no longer wants to allow those applications to be available to its customers, I will be deleting all of my accounts with them asap, but would like to try and retrieve some of the above first. They have no right to do this, and as to Mobsters specifically I feel Playdome needs to step up and help its gamers to retrieve their accounts, many thousands of users who honed their characters and progress in the game for close to a decade like myself! Any help I could receive on any of these issues please get back to me asap please!

MySpace recently updated their site and, in the process, deleted everyone's blog without warning, an egregious mistake. Members have spent years pouring their hearts into their blogs, myself included. There are Armed Forces personnel on there who are now deceased and who kept blogs about their experiences abroad. To the families of these deceased Armed Forces personnel, it is a slap in the face for the freedoms that these people were fighting for. The deletion of the blogs also means that the families of the deceased have one less connection to them - flagrant thoughtlessness on MySpace's part.

MySpace wants to attract new blood to breathe life into this graveyard of a social site. That will never happen; no one new is going to join MySpace and set up an account. Those who have been loyal to MySpace for years have now been alienated. There is no one left for the once grand social site. With this revamping, they have officially signed their own death certificate. R.I.P. MySpace.

MySpace had deleted all old data without giving users a chance to save or retrieve their data. Terrible decision. I will never use their services again.

I want to file a complaint against social media, MySpace, because of its inability (or careless policy) to respond to my numerous requests to cancel my account. I have tried about 30 times to delete my account, yet it doesn't work. When one clicks the delete account, the system tells you that you will get an email where you will confirm the deletion process. No email is ever sent. I am extremely frustrated because this is something that should be easy and available. After all, they have it as an option. Why do they have it? This is misleading and I feel a violation of people's rights and privacy. I have not used it in 2 or 3 years nor wish to use this account in the present or future. I have also sent Tom, the supposed creator of MySpace, numerous messages but nothing has been done. Please help! If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via email or phone.

MySpace for no reason deletes user accounts. I tried to be civil and obtain my account back. This is their reply: "Thank you for completing a declaration form. Unfortunately, at the time of review, the profile was already removed. Once an account has been deleted, it cannot be restored. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

I play Farm Town on MySpace and have not been able to send gifts to neighbors for months (I understand that many of the games there have the same problem). I was told it was a MySpace issue. Over the years, like many others, we have spent plenty of money on these games and MySpace has disconnected phone numbers, emails that won't work - and so far, it's impossible to contact them. Isn't it Illegal for a website to take your money, not deliver what they used to, and then just suddenly stop with no word, no explanation? Shouldn't they put a warning up for users to be aware that games do not work properly? How is this different to a business selling products and delivering some of the goods?

I don't know why, but I can't sign into MySpace. I tried to sign in and it keeps on rejecting me. I tried to get a new password and it won't let me. Please help me to set up a new account with you from scratch. Thank you.

Every time I log on to MySpace, the site freezes. I haven't logged on lately because of this. I love your site but it's very disorganized. I called my provider and they told me it's your site that's causing this.

Every time I send a message, fill the right capte security in and press okay for the message to send, another one is being given to me--and so it goes on and on. I am unable to send any messages which is very frustrating. Know that I am unable to use your site. The service is so poor and I will have to use another site and delete my profile. It doesn't help. I can't send any messages because of your capte security code problem! You just keep on giving another and so it goes on and on until I give up sending messages!

This person is circulating a video that I secretly made and is now ruining my life. Please help me take down this video and bring this person to justice.

They completely ignore helping new accounts, and within weeks I had to change my password due to hacking which was never explained by them. I put up a music track that couldn't play and all I got was a stupid answer “we are looking into this as we have other issues reported and will set our team to fix the problem.” The problem was never fixed. People who wanted to hear the track drifted off never to return. I let this go and came back with a playlist, only to find that somebody else's playlist was in my songs In addition, one song of mine was there twice. I deleted it and it appeared there again the next day. It was deleted again only to see it back the following day. I asked for help to get my playlist up and delete the one that was trespassing. No such luck. I now have songs littered over my profile with no one hardly visiting because it is in the wrong place and of little use to me. Yet they boast of helping the music scene? A load of **. The company, too.

It's about my profile. I will take MySpace.com to court if they continue to let people make a false profile page of me without my consent. I want my page erased ASAP.

For the past 3 days, I have not been able to access my Mobsters application. I have spent a lot of money setting up my Mobsters account and now I cannot access it. You guys have been dropping the ball lately as far as customer service. I refuse to go to Facebook but it seems like you are pushing customers away. I really want to stay on Myspace but lately, I have not been satisfied with your service.

I have asked 3 times and have gone through the procedure of Myspace to delete my account. They failed to do so on all the 3 occasions. Who is responsible? What financial penalties do the company face because of their inability to delete accounts? What privacy laws are they infringing by not complying with these requests to cancel?

MySpace is owned by News Corporation. That’s where you should direct complaints and where I’m filing mine. A profile is actually easy enough to delete yourself if you can log in. MySpace is now requiring browser upgrades for all their pages. Having worked in the industry for over thirty years, I would rather feed my arm to a pond full of piranha than get a browser upgrade. Upgrades all too often result in system failures. Your computer was designed to handle the software that came installed on it and not much more. And if you built it yourself, then experience shows you really don’t want to risk too new of operating system software.

Second, you are opening yourself to security issues. As a teacher of developers, I’ve always encouraged my students to keep it simple. The more complications they add the more loopholes for intruders. Upgrades are buggy enough. Add complications and hackers have yet another way to mess with your world. MySpace is really requiring users to go buy new computers to accommodate their upgrades that are completely unnecessary to the function of a website. There is no good cause to exceed HTML 2.0 standards especially with flash animation add-ons that have been around for a decade. I smell corporate kickback subsidies.

I want to ** delete my myspace, too.

I was 17 when I made it. It's rubbish and I don't want people viewing my history when I'm trying to run a legit business. I called their "C.S." and they no longer take calls. I called their legal department and they don't even ** answer. Now I'm getting madder than hell about this. I've sent my salute 100 times. It's clearly a very well done salute and I even told them I'd go put the ** shirt I had on back on you stupid pricks. Sorry, but it's really irking me.

I would like to suggest this to everyone who reads these messages: Contact me, I'll start a pool of people who can donate w.e. they can to hire a lawyer. I'll make this legit. I'm 25, a small business owner and extremely furious. Let's start making them do something about this.

I tried to get a hold of MySpace to delete two profiles. My first profile, an old friend of mine created about eight years ago and he used a fake email address. I lost the password and eventually forgot the email address. I haven't logged into that one in six years. I tried contacting them three years ago (when they actually wrote you back) they told me to send a picture and write on a piece of paper the full name of the address to get to my profile. I sent about ten different pictures in, clearly showing my face and the website. Every time I sent one, they sent an email back saying they couldn't see it clearly. After the 10th one, I wrote them back with a whole bunch of expletives and they haven't contacted me again. I tried again (for both profiles) once a week for five weeks, up until last week, with no response whatsoever.

My second profile, I created with a real email address. Well I had AOL and the person who was paying for it stopped paying and my account was deleted after not returning. Now, as a result, I have two profiles I can't access. The first account, I mentioned was created when I was sixteen, so there's a lot of incriminating stupid stuff all over that page, and when you search for my name in MySpace, that page is the first one to come up. I've been applying for jobs for going on four years now. I must have applied for more than 300 jobs and I sat down for two interviews! My only conclusion is this stupid page!

Someone really needs to teach them about customer service, because they completely suck at it. They should also start deleting pages when someone fail to go into them after at least a year or two. I will never go to this website again, unless it's to see if, by some miracle, my profile has been deleted. I will discourage anyone who asks if MySpace is cool. It was cool at first, now it just completely and utterly sucks.

Thank God for Facebook. At least they actually write back when you contact them

I am very upset with MySpace. I go on MySpace to stay in touch with people who don't use Facebook, and check my messages; and I recently got that mesh with Facebook and I opted out because I did not know what it might do. It completely deleted all my friends, messages and valuable pictures that I can not get back -- vacations, my wedding (not the professional one, but the more intimate ones with friends and family), honeymoon, holidays, get-togethers; and no one can get them back. I have tried to get in touch with someone to help me but it's impossible to get a live person or even someone to answer an e-mail. I want those memories back; and I trusted they were safe since my computer had been stolen. Now that I have a new one, I thought I could get them back and MySpace lost them. Please help.

myspace.com has purposely made it impossible to get in touch with them. meanwhile, they are illegally offering my music for sale, without my permission, on a website they created featuring me and my music. all of their email responses are form letters. none of their phone numbers reach a live person. I have contacted my attorney, but you cannot reach the company or talk to anyone. I am outraged about this, and I want them investigated and taken down if necessary.

MySpace.com Company Profile