Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5
Based on 1,620 ratings submitted in the last year

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Match.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: June 5, 2020

Match.com is the "lesser of the evils." I HATE eHarmony (very few potential candidates and so many that are not fully registered, just see "profile image"). OurTime is awful - they "claim" they have a higher caliber of men but they are the bottom of the ocean and they are terrible about meeting my "filter criteria." Bumble is TERRIBLE at meeting my "search criteria" and even as a paying customer there are very few ways to actually connect, plus it's too limited in the ability to "write about yourself." Match has the most flexibility to write about yourself, the most pics to upload, more extensive "search criteria" BUT the men they "recommend" all too often are NOWHERE NEAR meeting my search criteria. It has one of the better ways to communicate with matches

Original review: June 3, 2020

I wish they would allow a box to check regarding my preference for men without beards! Most of the men Match suggest for me (about 60% have beards)! Other than that I appreciate that members can share a lot about themselves and what matters most to them in their bios. I don't expect for all the pictures to be current, and it is helpful to see how their lives may have changed over time, however, it is helpful to have at least one current photo within the last year.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Match.com is one of the better sites because they allow you to select who you want to meet. NEVER use a service like eHarmony where THEY select your matches and do it quite poorly despite their ads claiming how great they are. All sites have inactive members who will never respond to you but Match gave me a better response rate than some other sites. It costs more than some other sites for full features, but you get what you pay for. During COVID-19 dating sites have lost their luster but when things return to normal it should be good again.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I would definitely recommend Match.com. I always felt say compared to other dating sites. My matches were set to my preferences which was easy to navigate and overall it was a comfortable site to use and in late March 2017 I met who would end up becoming my husband. Our 3rd wedding anniversary is late this year. He is a very smart, caring and intelligent man. Good to my son from previous relationship and we now have a beautiful 16 month old daughter. I thank God and Match.com for the perfect connection.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I recently posted a statement on Match.com pissed. I was not happy with the website and did not understand how it worked. I was under the impression that Match was blocking everyone I was messaging. I was wrong and I truly apologize for my impatience. I want everyone to know that I have met the most incredible man that any woman would love to meet. Just thinking about him makes my heart smile. I never would have thought that you could find such an amazing person on a website. I should have joined years ago. Instead I wasted so much time dating frogs. I encourage all of you lonely hearts out there who are looking for love to join Match.com, and you will find a love that you thought never would exist. Everyone wants to experience GOOD love... Join Match.com, love is waiting.

Original review: April 7, 2021

I signed up for a 3 month premium subscription then add stipulated unlimited msgs /who received and read your msgs/ unlimited likes etc etc.. Within minutes the site started sending me notices about limits and how I could pay for them. Keep in mind I'm already a premium user in one instance. I sent a msg to a lady and the Match.com send me a notice saying that if I wanted to get a reply from this lady I could pay for it myself. In other words my limitless msgs did not include other members to be allowed to reply to your msgs unless I believe they're members themselves.. Within hours of being on the site I realized that it was robbery with so many hidden costs.. I immediately cancel my subscription only to later noticed that match.com had charged me for the 3 whole months regardless if I only used it for a few hours..

I called match.com to see about getting a refund and they basically kept trying to convince me to stay on the site. Ii declined but they still charged me full price for 1 month.. I thought it was gonna be great since they were charging a good amount of money but I was wrong.. Save your money go to a free date site instead.. At least there won't be any hidden costs.

Original review: April 5, 2021

Match makes it impossible to delete the account. I asked them to delete it and then 6 months later, they started sending me Match collections of potential women suitors all over again. This is highly irksome.

Original review: April 2, 2021

Made the mistake of trying Match.com again after a couple years away. I left because of deceptive billing practices and false matching and likes they create in an attempt to keep users engaged. Like before, as I neared the end of my term, I could no longer access my account settings or change my password. I received an error message multiple times and was directed to email customer support. I attempted this process multiple times over a few weeks with no luck. Of course during this process they withdrew double the membership fee I originally signed up for and they still have not resolved access to my account.

I can navigate all areas of my account except for my membership section. Very dishonest business approach and shocked I was dumb enough to use match.com again. Biggest crooks in the online dating world. Won't make the same mistake again. Users beware....this dating services is worse than a third rate gym membership when attempting to cancel. Steer clear!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Match blocked me without cause twice in a row, wouldn't explain why and disappeared a month before even issuing a refund! I couldn't read nor respond to messages, making me look fake and sabotaging my love life- on the weekend too!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Match.com uses fake messages and hits to draw you in and once you join. The members that contact you are not paid subscriptions so you can never talk to them. Then once upon cancelling they do not refund your money even though you cancelled with in the prescribed time frame. Do not join. They trick you. They do not have good paying members. All just free memberships and they cannot contact you.

Match.com author review by Mark Brooks

Match.com is one of the biggest and best-known online dating sites in the United States. It has been helping singles find partners since 1995, it now serves people in over 24 countries with sites in 15 different languages.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through Match.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it

• Partners with sites in various countries: Match.com partners with personal ad sites in several countries so that international users can find their perfect match.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: Match.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Match.com Company Information