Kelleher Associates

Compare Matchmaking Services

Research top Matchmaking Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

One star is too generous for what this company really is. Kelleher International is a scam business. They have no intention of ever setting you up with someone compatible. They just want to take your money and run. STAY AWAY from these frauds!!!

Wanted to write this review to continue to inform others about Kelleher International. It is a company that is a complete SCAM and has fraudulent business practices and is truly run by DISHONEST people. I wrote a review about the company on Yelp back in 2011, and I can see that nothing has changed. When I signed up I was lied to over and over and told that their men to women ratio was 48/52 and they had a 72% success rate. HA! Do your homework people. They give you zero quality introductions. The service has mostly ALL WOMEN AND NO MEN and when I did go on a few dates, some of the guys told me that Kelleher had found them drunk at a bar and got them to sign up by offering them free dates with well off women. WTF ** SCAM ALERT. They have such suspicious fees too. They charge some people a lot and others nothing.

I actually AM an extremely beautiful actress and model who joined Kelleher Int'l. in hopes of finding a mate. Someone who was looking for the same sort of lasting relationship that I want. My last few relationships have been with men who, ultimately, were not looking for something permanent. I mistakenly believed that Kelleher could do as they promised and match me with someone like minded. I considered the money to be an investment in myself. That I would meet a man who had likewise invested in himself.

What a load of bull. The men I met were not even members. They had no interest in a relationship that lasted longer than one night. I felt as though Kelleher was sending me out as a call girl. And I paid $5500 for this? I have no trouble at all meeting that type of man. Why in the world would I want that? And as others have posted, there were never any "matches" until I called and complained. Then, they would try to hook me up with one of their friends to pacify me. Save your money. Kelleher International is a lie.

This company should be banned. Why bother asking a person to fill out requirements if they don't listen. They try continually to sell people outside of my age range, last one by 23 years too old. May as well say they are a glorified sugar daddy site.

I am someone who is familiar with Kelleher also known as Kelleher International. These people are BAD news. When I was naive (before my research on KI) I thought they were this reputable cool sounding firm based in the Bay Area, CA. In my research on KI, I learned they had to undergo a massive "re-brand" of their image because it was so tarnished due to the lies, the bad business practices, and frankly taking any money they can get from vulnerable men and women out there. I've been emailing some of the ladies and a couple of guys from the various complaints sites and really appreciated their honesty with me about their experience with KI. Thank you to those who helped educate me about this biz.

After the re-brand (probably hiring some inexpensive marketing people who suggested they use "international" to sound more high class), they are still out there destroying dreams and hurting innocent people. Note, there are no international offices. Just random phone numbers that pipe you through some central call station. First Lie. Second, these people are frauds through and through. There are international and domestic lawsuits out there after them and from the past. They've hired a full-time attorney to help with "disputes" from clients because it seems like from my research as a former prospect of KI there are hundreds (if not in the tens of thousands) of lawsuits and complaints against them.

I guess I thought they seemed reputable when I saw them in an airline ad. In a moment of vulnerability as I was feeling lonely one night thinking about taking the plunge doing their services, I had to ask myself who really advertises in an airline ad. Readers, they have to PAY to get our attention... When I heard that they charge people all sorts of fees - from not charging clients anything to charging them hundreds of thousands it felt totally off-putting. They quoted me $45K but I just knew something didn't seem right. They didn't even take the time to get to know me. It was like "write a check" and you will have a great experience. I do pretty well for myself but $45K is a very large undertaking and could be put to good use towards my retirement or my dream second lake house one day.

In further research, I see there are many BBB complaints and I've even heard from my colleague that they pay the guys in some cases to take these ladies out. In other words, the men who are clients are given free memberships and the team at KI actually pays the men to pretend to take the female clients out. That's fraud. Why was I quoted $45K? Not good looking or rich enough?

I met one guy at a golf tourney a few months ago in Danville, CA shrieked when I asked him about KI. He said something like, "DUDE, DON"T DO IT." He has been recruited to enjoy the service with no fees. The girls he met were definitely sub par and not the types he had hoped for at all. He's not rich but he is a good looking young man. Additionally, according to him, the staff said to "Just take her out" and here is their corporate Amex #. He politely ducked out and knew they have very poor business practices, an army of creeps working for them, and even after this re-brand work a reputation that is irreversible. This is not based on a client experience as I am not and was not a client. This is based on research, conversations, and careful analysis - and common sense. If anyone wants to chat privately with me about this, happy to chat, email me. Thanks..

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kelleher Associates?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

**, I wish I could believe that the negative posts are false accusations from your competitors. However, having been a paying Kelleher customer for almost a year with not a single match to speak of, I too am extremely disappointed in the service. I have been on hold longer than I have been active with Kelleher. This was initially due to my demanding travel schedule, but currently is due to continual disappointment with the type of men I've been matched with.

One female complained about the lack of ethnicity being represented in the Kelleher database. I would guess that is an exact result of one of my challenges. In fact, I learned that one man was talked into going out with me as a non-member and another was asked to go out with a specific girl as a barter system for me... which ended up being an extremely uncomfortable situation that seemed to promise immediate physical reward that I had not expected from a company with your reputation.

I have learned my lesson and should have searched some of these sites before paying my money, but definitely intend to continue to be honest about my disappointing experience with Kelleher so that other females do not make the same mistake. Should you need added detail on my sketchy dating experience, please feel free to contact ** or ** to read my descriptive feedback forms and email complaints that no one seems to be bothered by enough to address. Thank you for listening.

I paid a substantial amount of money for a fee for this "dating" service. It was a complete fraud. I received hardly any "matches." The few women I was introduced to did not nearly meet the qualifications I was seeking and had specified. I warn anyone not to get involved with this organization.

I watched the Kelleher's on CNBC and was immediately impressed with what I saw, but didn't call because I was dating fine on my own and didn't think they could really find me what I wanted in a partner. A year later (last May), I happened to catch them again on TV only this time, they were matching Hoda Kotb, the host of The Today Show! She is a beautiful woman and certainly doesn't look like she needs assistance in the love department. She piqued my interest so I decided to call the Kelleher organization. I spoke with a knowledgeable and friendly person on the other line and she explained to me how the process works. It was simply enough, so I set up my in-person meeting with them in Manhattan.

After joining, I was set up with two phenomenal ladies, both highly successful and gorgeous! Excited, I called the personal matchmaker, Lori, that they assigned me and asked, "Who do you have next?" I was taken aback when she suggested I place my membership on hold and pursue Karen, my first introduction. Karen is 5'10", slender, blonde and possesses a sharp wit (that I love by the way) and she has a fun, sexy sense of humor. She really gets me and honestly, I was shocked she was even available. I agreed to ask her out again (I was going to anyway) to see where things might go. Four months later, I proposed to Karen at the Bel Air hotel in Los Angeles. She said yes and I am thrilled! I have never had a problem dating attractive women before. In-fact, that was getting old fast, but Karen is different. She is not like any woman I have met and I didn't want to lose her.

The timing was right for me and thanks to Kelleher, things just all came together. We have referred a handful of good friends and can't say enough about this company. I have heard about their competition placing false bogs online in attempt to damage their stellar reputation. I for one decided to write about my success on this complaint board because I want potential clients that are considering a matchmaking firm to know the 85% success rate of Kelleher Associates. When I read the ridiculous complaints on this site, I can tell they are fabricated. It is a shame that people are allowed to write lies about a nice company and not have to prove their name or even their association, if any. They are anonymous third party slander from what I can tell. Even if they were real (for argument's sake), 10,000 clients and 23 years later, you are bound to hit a road bump. You can't please everyone.

I am a tough customer and they worked for me. If you are in doubt, call the BBB like Jill suggests in her posting. I checked with them before I joined and got an A rating which is extremely impressive. The Kelleher organization will work with clients to resolve any issues. I wasn't with them for long but I learned that the group I worked with was realistic and upfront in their approach, which as a very successful businessman I appreciated. I am forever grateful for what they did to this relentless bachelor. I am now a very happy and soon to be happily married man. Well done!

People who are not really our clients are slandering my company with blogs that are outright lies! Why don't they call me if they truly are a client, or sign their real name so I can call them?

I would be very happy to hear from them and resolve their concerns. I have been in business for 23 years and until only recently out of nowhere terrible lies are being written by very unhappy women who I know are not clients of Kelleher & Associates. My company has for 23 years always maintained a pristine reputation and a big percentage of my clients are referrals from other Kelleher clients. These blogs just started happening! It is shocking that people believe them!!

Kelleher & Associates has a AA rating with the Better Business Bureau and has held that for over 20 years. There is no one policing these terrible blogs that are not true.

Either my competition is writing these distasteful lies or someone is having fun at my expense, my associates expense, and my wonderful clients expense. Please don't believe blogs written by anonymous people. Call a legitimate business like the BBB to get legitimate information, or call Jill at 415-332-4111.

I originally wrote a complaint about Kelleher. I am unable to remove this complaint now, but I have to say that having dealt with them further, they actually were professional and helpful with me. I understand that this service is not for everybody, but they did their best to make things right with me and for that I cannot fault them. In the end, how a complaint is handled is what matters.

In my experience this company has been upfront, honest and dealt with integrity every time. I have meet beautiful women that are both educated and fun. I feel for the few people that look to blame a company for their own short comings. I grew up a long time ago. There is no one to blame but yourself if you are not in a loving relationship. I am glad I took the leap of faith and joined Kelleher & Associates. It has been top notch.

Being a victim and looking for others to join you on an un-vetted internet site is sad and pathetic. No company could be in business as long as Kelleher and have a great reputation for matching the who's who in business and celebrities alike if they were not the real deal. My suggestion is for those that don't like the way Kelleher works, go back to internet dating. This company is too classy for you.

In my experience with the service over time there has never been a pretend date or a model. That just seems totally made up! Although I have not met the perfect match yet, I have met REAL great guys every time.

I was recently contacted by someone who asked me to write something to shed a little reality into a pretty nasty scam conducted by the Kelleher and Associate team.

These women are hard core sales types who will do anything to get the deal. In particular, as one example, they will hire men like me to pretend to be interested in women that they find hard to match.

About me: I am mid 50's, relatively good looking, 5'10', smart, run my own business, Catholic, and with Mid Western values. I have two kids from a previous marriage and truth am not looking to settle down anytime soon.

How it happened: I was approached and given an invitation to become part of their club and learn more. I had a casual coffee with the team, was offered a free membership and a chance to meet some smart and eligible women. I told them I was not interested in marriage again and they said that was 'fine.'

I have gone out with a number of women and frankly got sick of it. I felt really bad leading these women on and my gut told me to stop letting Kelleher set me up.

This company is a total scam and I would never suggest signing up. Although I am a good and honest man who is eligible, I wouldn't suggest dating me because I am not serious about settling- yet they made it to believe that I was (am).

I asked some of the women who I was set up with how much they paid for their memberships and almost spit my wine out in shock at our dinner dates. $10,000 on average and none of the women I met have actually had success. The funny thing is I bet you everyone that they were set up with was a guy like me- a guy who is a solid catch but not looking to get serious again after the nasty divorce that I went through many years ago. Dating is fine but marriage for me is not.

I was recently back in California and decided it would be fun to meet some new people and start dating again. I can't believe I fell for Kelleher & Associates but I did. BEWARE. They charge a lot of money for very poor service. Nobody can guarantee chemistry between people, but for the fees they charge, which are very, very high, you would expect at least good customer service. They come out to meet you and make a big to do about a strict screening process, but after that, forget it. The people who set you up usually don't even know the men, not that there are that many men anyway - there are clearly far more women. They read off a profile (which you can do on the internet thanks) They put all of two minutes into this effort, reading off the profile sheet.

A premier matching service and you have a women with no qualifications reading out he likes ethnic food, and has a great sense of humor, likes to travel, and enjoys theater and sports... or some other silly stuff. The biggest problem is that once I realized that it's a total bait and switch, and I requested money back as I'd only met two people (neither of whom I would have considered dating), I'm being completely ignored. Not even a courtesy email or call. I told them I was extremely disappointed with their lack of service, and I would not meet anybody from there again. Now I consider this wasted money and I know I'll never see it back.

Not that it matters, but I'm a fit, attractive woman with a busy schedule, hence a matchmaker. But once you are signed up, you interface with a bunch of women whom you really shouldn't trust to set you up. They don't do anything to justify the eye popping fee they charge. No money back policies for unhappy customers and a refusal to return emails and phone calls is a good indication of the kind of firm we are talking about here. Save your money, don't go near this operation or you will feel sorely cheated. I am actually forfeiting the other introductions because I have no confidence at all in their ability to provide the service they claim they will provide.

Thousands spent on a service that is really a bait and switch.

Kelleher & Associates is an utter scam. They advertise upscale dating services for affluent singles. What they promise is matchmaking through a proprietary system. What they deliver is fraud.

After hooking you in with their advertising, high pressure saleswomen convince you to purchase a one year or 18 month membership that is payable upfront. Then, they will interview you and match you with other singles from their database that closely resembles your profile. The fees are anywhere from $6,000 to $10,000 for the membership.

Then, they just randomly assign you a name every few months and make no real effort to find you a person who matches your personality. After all, they have no real incentive to do their job well, they already have your money.

However, a few months before your membership is up, they send you on a date with an actor who will say what you want to hear, and although they won't go on a second date with you, it gives you the impression that the system does indeed work, so then you sign up for another year.

Expert Review

Mark BrooksOnline Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.    More about Mark→

Kelleher is a matchmaking company that has been in business for nearly 30 years and is headquartered in the Boston area. The company has been making matches since 1986 and have an impressive clientele list that includes accomplished actors and athletes.

• Large size: Kelleher offers a sizable selection of matches and range of services, making it more likely that clients who work with the company will find a suitable match.
  • Relationship experts: The company is headed by relationship experts Jill Kelleher and Amber Kelleher-Andrews.
  • Many locations: Kelleher operates out of 20 U.S. cities, making it a service that is convenient for many Americans.
  • Potential match selection: The company works to match clients with potential matches both in the company's database and outside of it, giving an increased range of potential partnership options.
  • Membership options: Kelleher has a range of membership options, which means customers can choose the level of service that matches their needs and budget.
  • Best for Single young people looking for a relationship, and divorcees or widows/widowers looking for new love.

Compare Matchmaking Services