Find a Matchmaking Services partner

It's Just Lunch!

3.8/5 (228 ratings)
Find a Matchmaking Services partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch is a personalized matchmaking service that caters to busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships in more than 110 U.S. cities as well as cities in Canada, the UK, Ireland and Australia. Matchmakers get to know members and use their dating preferences and relationship history to select matches. It's Just Lunch makes all the arrangements for comfortable and safe face-to-face dates, including the time and place. All members have to do is show up ready to meet their match. Potential pairs meet over lunch or after work for drinks.

Pros

• Guaranteed face-to-face dates
  • Free onboarding interview
  • Customized membership plans
  • Fully confidential

Cons

• Lengthy process
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

It’s Just Lunch offers an alternative to online dating apps with its personalized matchmaking services. You work one-on-one with a matchmaker who finds potential matches for you and sets up the date.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch!?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: March 26, 2008

After my last posting on here 8/21/07, I was sent on 1 more date and guess what. IT WAS WITH SOMEONE THAT HAD SENT ME OUT WITH 6 MONTHS EARLIER! They closed a lot of their offices and are playing musical chairs with their addresses. Trying to find an actual address is just about impossible. I have consulted an attorney and we drafted a stern letter but it kept getting returned from the addresses in the incorporation papers. Finally I got someone in advertising and she gave me several headquarters locations. I have yet to see my $$ returned.

Original review: March 10, 2008

I am a 32 year old female professor who used IJL service after I moved to San Francisco last Oct. I happily paid $1600 hoping to meet some quality people. I figure if nothing else, I can make some new friends. Little did I know that I was seriously abused by this service. I felt that I was used as a bait to satisfy its undesirable male clients. They keep fixing me up with older man with children after I repeatedly told them not to--and forced me to go on date after I repeatedly said NO. I have used IJL in another city before, and when I said No, people treated it as a NO. But not here in San Francisco office. In one case, they didn't even inform me the whereabouts on my date and later took me to account for one date when I didn't show up as I didn't even know I had a date! After I explained that I have never received this information, the coordinator continued on sending me a nasty letter while it was probably her mistake for never confirming with me in the first place.

I lost a lot sleep and often wake up in the middle of night feeling angry and berated (which is unusual as I never lost a night of sleep even during my PhD qualification.) I am an Asian and English is not my native language. I feel that they are taking advantage of me on this aspect and had no respect of my wishes- though I am a paying client. Even as a free resource for another dating service, when I say no, people know not to set me up with a man I don't desire to meet. I have since become very depressed and currently am seeking help from psychologists which is a first for me. I have always been respected, and this experience has really damaged me.

Original review: March 6, 2008

Basically they give alot of empty promises and they don't pay attention to what kind of match u are looking for and just send u on dates with anyone without consideration or they don't do their homework considering the $1900 they charge.I went on alot of dates and they were all off and nothing close to what I was looking for;even the ladies weren't happy with any of their matches

I put my membership on hold since they couldn't find me anyone(after several months I think)and then again after a month,and then again-so maybe something good happens there.But then that I wanted to restart again they tell me that I waited too long and that I went on some dates already!?So no refund and no renewing!!And I must pay to restart!!But I wouldn't pay a dime now that they wasted my time and money.Thankyou

Original review: March 2, 2008

IJL has been the worst experience of my whole dating life! I joined over a year ago after ending a relationship. They sent me on several dates with men who were absolutely NOT EVEN CLOSE to what I'd explained in my interview. I'm 54 (was 52 when I signed up), and they told me there were a lot of men in their late 40's and 50's that would be perfect for me. I'm not sure whether they actually look at the profiles, or just blindfold themselves and throw darts at a name board, but not one single man was what I was looking for. I started dating someone after a few months on the service (not someone I met through IJL) and went on hold for over a year. They did let me continue, but went on sending me information on every ancient, old man they had, even when I insisted there was no way I was interested in men in their 60's. I've had men stand me up, one after I drove 40 miles to meet him in downtown San Diego, and others act like idiots on the dates. One man was so rude to the waiter where we had dinner, I left the table and apologized to the staff in the hallway. Last one I went on was sort of normal, until he drank several beers and told me some of his interests which were totally repugnant to me--and he doesn't cut his hair!

Now they called me the other day, talking up some guy, but in the end when I asked what the down side was-- she said he's not exactly in my age profile. I got out of her that he's 68!! No one under 5'11 from me meant they lined up some as short as 5'3; the joke goes on and on. They won't refund, transfer or do anything with my membership, and I'm sure they are ripping people off day in and day out with empty promises everywhere they have an office.

It cost me $1,300 to sign up for IJL, money I had to scrape up and save. I'm not a rich person, and that $1,300 would have been much better utilized paying bills and buying food than wasting it on IJL's empty promises and lies!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2008

This has been an embarrassing, humiliating experience - a total scam. I signed up and was told I would be matched with professional, single men who had common interests and education, etc. I still have 6 dreadful dates left and haven't heard from IJL in 2 months. The dates have been ridiculous and pathetic - not a thing in common. They have not in any way met the contractual agreement, but have stolen my money and NOT delivered in any way on their promises.

I paid them $1500 and have completely been scammed. They have no idea of who they are matching other than males to females, and they basically steal your hard earned money and exploit people's hearts and vulnerabilities.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2007

I just want to provide my experience and let people decide for themselves, though I believe I do have a few valid points.

I'm a 31 year-old single guy that tried IJL-Portland for 1 year starting about May 2006. I'm the type of person that tries about anything once. I paid $1400 and I probably had roughly about 12-14 dates. I felt that each 'match' was very sub-par. Do not get me wrong, they matched me up with very successful (professionally at least) women- lawyers, doctors, financial analysts, engineers, and teachers. I did have good conversations in restaurants I had never visited, which can be nice.

What they were getting wrong was what I was looking for in a partner- an active person that makes exercise and physical fitness a part of her everyday life because it is a big part of my life. They continued to match me up with women that in no way they exercised regularly. I tried very hard to be polite and communicate this problem to IJL after each date. However, I felt like they pretty much ignored what I said because it kept happening and it was starting to p*** me off.

It was not until about the end of my membership where I snapped and I put to them bluntly, I don't date women that look like they weigh as much as me, and I weigh 160lbs. I don't know how else to get this through to you guys! before it finally came through to them that I may be interested in a fit gal. Thus I tried IJL, membership over, I know some neat restaurants in Portland, end of story, right? Nope.

This week I received a call from IJL. I have not heard from them in months. They wanted to know if I was still single. They start up a good conversation. They informed me they are under new management, the management is more local (supposively the old manager was located in Lake Tahoe) and that the new match-makers are 'good' (though I heard these exact same comments from IJL under the old management so I'm skeptical). They tried getting my hormones going with new matches they thought would be great for me.
I finally stopped them and said, how much is the renewal? $1400. Nope, not interested. I tried it, I'm moving on, I have lots of hefty expenses coming up.

They did not take no for an answer. They played with my emotions, get me to think about the fact I'm 31 and in a few years I am going to be in trouble with the dating scene and there will be no hope for me. So I said let me think about it for a day. I thought about it for day. I called back the next day. I gave them 3 reasons why I do not want to renew (expensive, going back to college, don't know where I'm going to be in 6 months) and I'm about ready to say 'good-bye'.

They continue to nag me. They even told me they told my 'future match' about me, even though I had not renewed my membership and I originally told them I would not renew. They played with my emotions again, started putting a guilt trip on me about the fact the new 'match' is excited about meeting me,

I buckled enough to allow them to charge my credit card, but big key here is I DID NOT SIGN ANYTHING. I asked them to email me the contract so I could read it (I did also gave them my tenitive availabilty dates for my new 'match'). There's two contracts I received- the IJL contract, and authorization contract to charge my credit card.

I read the IJL contract. I totally did not like what I read. Assuming I moved and I wanted to transfer my IJL account to the IJL in that town, I was going to be charged $200 (going back to school that is an expense I don't need). Second, I only had 1 year cumlative hold period. I was going to use this up real quick between potential school and some life issues I need to deal with. These two things were not going to work for me.

I emailed them back and said I read the contract, I did not like what I see, they won't work for me, I'm not going to effectively use my renewal, uncharge my credit card, this is my final decision. Next day they called. Still trying to talk me out of it. They even said they would waive the $200 fee (if I would have agreed to this I would have asked for it in writing).

Now I'm done being nice and professional.... I started out saying what part of 'no' do you not understand? They did finally yield, finally, but mentioned they had already told their match they were working on times to meet.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2007

There was a total bait and switch between what I was told during the sales portion of the services and what they were able to produce. Reading the other stories it is obvious that they have an agenda to get you to sign up, but then don't produce what they said. I was told before I signed up that one guy was a perfect match for me and typical of the type of guy they had in their files. Naturally, the guy wasn't available when I signed up a day later ... and was told that he met my criteria but that maybe I didn't meet his criteria. This is a MATCHING service!! Do not tell me about someone that I would be interested in but who is not interested in me.

I said I would go out with any race. I budged on my age range as they could not produce anyone within my parameters. I went nuts when they insisted I go out with someone my own height. Perhaps that is not an issue with some women, but it is with me. I was told that I was too picky and would never find someone if I weren't willing to move on the height issue.

They obviously did not have men that met my criteria. There tactics were to beat me down and force me to compromise on what I wanted. I could have done much better elsewhere.

I just wish I would have read complaints online first.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2007

I signed up for the service after months of calls from their staff ensuring me that they had quality matches for me in my area. I was sold on the service with examples of men with whom they would set me up with only to be told after I joined that those men were on hold and that they were not available.

I was pressured into going on dates with men I stated clearly I would rather pass on and was told that I should give them a chance or they are really great....the first date I went on was so horrible that he could not even understand what I do for a living.

The service is supposed to be professional - that is why you pay the big bucks afterall - but, in actuality, it is totally ad-hoc. The checks are supposed to be split by the restarant to avoid unease...this did not happen on any of my dates and it made for an uncomfortable situation at the end. One of the dates there was not even a reservation made.

I have put my membership on hold because of the frustration. I do not feel that the service has listened to even one of my complaints or tried to rectify the situation.

On the whole, It's Just Lunch has been an incredible waste of time and money and a huge source of frustration.

I would recommend to anyone that they try their luck with Match.com or one of the other online sites that charge much less money and allow you a lot more flexiibility in your search.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2007

I went to sign up for their services. I figured if someone was willing to pay that much money, they were serious about a relationship. I was assured that there were plenty of men to date and they would match me according to what I wanted. The first date I went on the guy was still married, the other two dates were over my age limit. I could have set these guys up better then them.

Also my friend did this service and asked that they do not set her up with any Indian guys due to religious beliefs. The first three guys were Indian. We both have our memberships on hold.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2007

Dear It's Just Lunch:

Please stop telling black women you can help them.

When I applied for your program back in 2000 or 2001 I was very lonely and having a hard time as a professional black woman meeting men. In the past, I had dated good-looking, well-educated guys but things had not worked out for a variety of reasons. Then I had moved to Atlanta a place known to have many more black women than black men (or men of other races open to dating black women).

So, when I called you I specifically made it clear that I wasn't sure you had a nice pool of men who would be good matches for me.

You said you did and, to add injury to insult, you said you had a light skinned man with green eyes who was available right now. As if that is what black women are dreaming of or something! (Oh, please, we like good-looking men of all hues; not just those who favor white people!)

Then you told me to come down right away? and bring your checkbook? and that we would get me started.?

Well, I know without question that you paid a tall, light-skinned guy to go on a pretend date with me (he was actually the ex-boyfriend of a girl I knew) and then you told me sorry, he wasn't interested but we have other nice guys and you paired me with two very unattractive, insecure men (one black and one white) who were nothing like the type of men I've always dated and attracted.

You took $1,000 from me and did this. I begged for my $800 back for the 8 dates that I didnt go on and for my dignity. You refused to give me back this money (you still owe me; you know you do!) Do you know how it feels to be used like that? It's as if I was a joke to you.

White America can't stand to hear this but this IS a racist country and we still have a long way to go in how we value color and race (in dating and in the overall world). We try to say that all the time and you shout us down with anger over even mentioning the word but we are the ones who have to deal with it day in and day out.

Please understand that many black women find wonderful men black and white who love them and value them (and, yes, frankly, many, black men prefer black women and some white men do, too, despite what you may think from the minority of black men who, deep down, have serious issues with women of their own race). But, it is still harder for us than any other group and you should respect that and not take advantage of that as a company and make money from it!!

Ill never forget how you used me. You should be ashamed of yourselves!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2007

My complaints are absolutely similar to all of the other complaints logged by people on this site. In my case, a few of the men that I was connected with were not paying for the service and were brought in to fill a need. The coordinators are obviously trained to not respond to requests for refunds or any other complaints from their clients. In general, the business seemed like it could pack up and disappear at a moment's notice. I would willing be called upon to participate in any legal action against this company.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2007

I joined thinking this service sounds fantastic, six months and four horrible dates later I am completely disillusioned and very angry. They basically have provided me with breathing males that do not possess any of the qualities I told them I was looking for. The first date was to be with a Veterinarian, which would be fine however he was into collecting and trading baseball cards not something that appeals to be I declined the date the Director called me and said she hand selected this man just for me? would I please just go on the date. I agreed, I mean she did hand select him just for me.

Disaster #1, he was a vet who worked as a meat inspector, he was completely blind in one eye and partially blind in the other, he lived with his mother in the house he grew up in, his first words to me were how many dates have you been on? I said this is my first, he said this is my 3rd, how does this check thing work, we split the bill? Yes I said (thinking to myself you are already worried about the bill, we havent even ordered anything) the date went downhill from there. $40.00 and 1 later Im running for the door. Hand picked what a farce.

Disaster #2 Description given to me: Very nice guy, loves his dog, sends his dog to a spa- just think how he will treat you?. Ok I am an animal lover so I can understand taking really good care of your dog and I love going to spas. Ok Ill meet him. Older guy, think he may have been gay, liked to hunt water fowl. One of my requirements for a potential match is that he does not HUNT or posses a gun, need I say more. $100.00 and 2 hours.

This services has wasted my time and my money. $1,300.00 to join, $240.00 for dinners and a lot of time preparing and talking with men I have nothing in common with.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2007

I joined IJL in Jan07 and paid $1500.00. I was told specifically that they had litterally dozens of women that fitted my expectations (and believe me I was particular in the discription). So far I have been matched up with 7 dates that were absolutely NOTHING like my request and 2 no-shows. There has been excessive turn-over with the group and there is NO customer service.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2007

When I first interview with them, the sales rep told me they had tons of attractive women dying to meet someone like me of course I knew this was a good sales pitch, but I thought oh well let's give it a try. I didn't like their service from the first date, I asked ITL that I wanted out and to refund my money, they said that they couldn't refund my money, that I had two weeks to cancel, but the first date took place 3 weeks after I signed up, so there was no way I could have known how bad of a service they had.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2007

I've met 9 women through It's Just Lunch, and 2 of them met the criteria of what I was looking for. 2 out of 9 is not a good success rate for a business that charges $1,500 and claims to differentiate itself on the personal touch. I've expressed my dissatisfaction several times, and received a call from the coordinator who originally interviewed me (her name was Lindsay) apologizing and asking to give them one more chance, and that she would personally select my next match.

I met my next match, and she turned out to be Jewish. At the end of our date, my match told me that she enjoyed meeting me but it was obvious that I was not Jewish and she had requested that It's Just Lunch only match her with Jewish men because she was not interested in inter-faith relationships. Ironically, my initial interview stated that I was only interested in meeting protestant women because of my active involvement in my church. That's a basic concept that a personal touch dating service should be able to get right.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2007

I wish I would have found this site earlier. It would have saved me some money, to the tune of $1,200.

I have been duped as well, with their advertising stating the professional people that they have as clients. Very few of my matches were professional!

I joined because I thought this would be a way to meet women. Instead of the bar scene. But I was taken, along with the rest. They have no idea on how to match people. I had quite a few matches, but nothing that I was interested in, and these women had nothing in common with the profile I had interview for.

It was very disturbing because in order for me to meet these matches with my job responsibilities, I had to leave work one to two hours before the meeting to clean up to meet these women. Yes, I work construction and it was difficult to work my schedule to be on time. So I was very unhappy, when these women either smoked, owned cats or lived beyond the metro area. These three items were specifically addressed at my meeting with the Director. Yet, no credence was given to these three items.

There reasons for matches were indescribable. They have even set me up with married women, no not legally separated, still married. Don't know why these married women were in the program, don't want to know. And yet my feedback was completely ignored. They continued to set me up with married women, or they smoked, or they owned cats of which I am allergic to.

I will try to get a refund. I have read that some have been successful, and some haven't tried. I am asking for a partial refund of my year membership. This amount is $900.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2007

I joined in September 2006 and paid $1,500. Shortly thereafter, without notice to me, the person with whom I met left the company. As a result, the personal service that is advertised no longer existed. This was a gross misrepresentation upon which I relied to my detriment. Thereafter, I was routinely sent on dates that were nowhere close to the type of man I was interested in or to whom I was attracted.

I took time out of my day to go back and meet with Leslie in early 2007. The matches were marginally better, but still not the caliber of men I am interested in dating. I asked that they refrain from sending me on dates that were not suitable, as I would rather wait for the right person --each time I was told that this was a good match. I think I was just sent as a front person so these guys had their quota of dates.

This service wasted my time with over 16 dates in 6-7 months. Each poor match resulted in the obvious emotional distress of forced conversation, not to mention that I work on commission so I lost money due to the blatant misrepresentations made by representatives of It's Just Lunch. I want a refund of my $1,500.

Original review: July 30, 2007

I contacted It's Just Lunch because I had heard good things. Unfortunately, I didn't speak with anybody that actually used the service themselves.

I've been on 6 dates so far and one is worse than the next. I'm not even a little bit compatible with my set-ups. They continually set me up with weird, awkward introverts. One guy was describe as blonde with blue eyes who has a variety of interests. I showed up and he was balding with gray hair. And outside of his lacking in looks, his personality was lacking and the conversation was painful.

I was promised that I would meet some really great people. So far I haven't met anybody I would ever want to date again. I don't even want to use the rest of my dates. I wasted $1,500 and 6 evenings with the lead cast of Revenge of the Nerds.

Original review: June 1, 2007

IJL has left Baltimore. All calls are forwarded to Miami office. When I demanded a refund, I was told I would have someone call me back. I was given another date and complained once again because there were absolutely no similarities. Again, I called and voiced my opinion that if IJL was not taking on new members in Baltimore, and I had a very new membership, that they could not possibly provide a date. They stated they had plenty of dates and would put me on the active list. Three weeks later I still had not heard from anyone.

I filed with the BBB and sent a certified letter with my complaint and demand for a refund. The date the certified mail was signed for, I received phone calls from someone who wanted to make a date as well as Diane who said she was sorry she hadn't gotten back to me about my complaint. Needless to say, I have neither received a letter or a refund. My next step is to take them to small claims court.

This was a very expensive proposition, $1500 and one in which IJL cannot come through on their end of the contract. Going to ITJ after my husband died was a difficult decision; one in which I didn't have a ton of money to throw around. I have asked repeatedly for a refund. I am not interested in their pool of potentials. I just want my money back since they have failed to keep their end of the contract.

Original review: May 1, 2007

I joined IJL in Newport Beach, CA on June 6, 2005. When I completed my application I emphasized how important it was to me that I met someone who was a professional (like me), and an active ocean person who loves to sail, scuba dive and ski, and had the time and money to travel internationally. Most important, I wanted to date another Christian. In the interview I asked whether they had enough male members who would be compatible. Before I signed the contract with them, they assured me that they had enough men in their database to fulfill what I was looking for and quickly ran my credit card. I paid them $1300 in advance for 14 dates, based on their promises to provide compatible partners for me.

They require that you phone them to report in within 24 hours of your date. They told me that this was so they could get a better idea of what you did or did not like about the guy, and they could apply this to find you a more compatible date the next time. It all sounded like a great idea.

The truth was, they did not have nearly as many people in their system as they had told me.

Even after numerous complains during the next months, the matches they aligned me with became more and more incompatible and the dates kept getting worse and worse. They have not even come close to delivering what they promised.

Several times they sent me to one restaurant and my date to another. One of the dates never showed up at all. They gave me some lame excuse as to why he didn't show.

I expressed my concerns to them numerous times when giving my date feedback. They even offered to extend my membership to give me more dates. What good would that do? They couldn't deliver what they had already promised me.

Out of total frustration I put my membership on hold in October 2006.

In the middle of January I wrote them a letter outlining all their lies and demanded my money back in spite of a no refunds clause in their contract. I pointed out to them that I would contact an attorney and sue them for breach of contract if they did not refund my money, since they lied to me to get me to sign the agreement in the first place.

They send me back a letter telling me that they would refund my money in return for signing a non-disclosure that I would not go public with my story. I signed it, and waited for my refund. Now, almost four months later, still no refund. Additionally, they continue to promise to return my phone calls and never do.

This company is not qualified to be in the matchmaking business. The promises they make to the prospective members are for the purpose of putting money into their own pockets.

I am currently filing a claim in Orange County Small Claims Court asking for all my money back. I am also sending this report to the Better Business Bureau and any other place where I can get the word out. If I can keep one other busy professional from wasting their time and money with this company, then I feel it will have done some good.

Original review: April 1, 2007

I have had very bad experiences with this company - not following through and setting me up on dates with the SPECIFICS I have asked not to be set up with. I have given them feedback each time and they have not listened. These examples are the basics - like where they live, if they have kids, etc. Horrible experience. The woman I originally met with is no longer with them, but they will not admit this to anyone and lie to all of us. I will be happy to provide examples.

Wasted money, wasted time. Most of the men I have gone out with through them have had the same complaints.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2006

I have let my membership with IJL lapse because it was just not worth the time and expense of the thoughtless set ups. I am a well educated professional woman who joined as a means to meet some potential friends without the bar scene, etc.. The staff was in a constant state of flux; no one seemed to last long. One particularly terrible match had a Circuit Court record including over 30 offenses! The staff said that was not recent and that he seemed OK to them. There are no better safeguards with this service than in random meetings. IJL is a shameful business. I was given the same lines reported from many others. I can think of 4 people RIGHT NOW that would be PERFECT! Icky doesn't begin to describe the experience. I could have gone on vacation, bought some shoes, and come out feeling better!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2006

After hearing radio advertisements for It's Just Lunch, I decided to contact the company for additional information. Despite repeated phone calls and e-mails, no one has contacted me. They do not answer their phones or respond to messages left on their answering machine. They also will not respond to e-mail inquires. I have tried to reach this business for over two weeks. This company continues to have radio advertisements and send advertisements via e-mail -- for services that apparently do not exist!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2006

I signed up for this dating service back in September 2006. They gave me a phone interview and charged my credit card, guaranteeing me a certain number of dates (6, I believe) within 6 months. I sent a signed contract back to their office in Lubbock, TX, because at that time there was no office in Amarillo, TX, where I live (they assured me they had plenty of clients in Amarillo). It has been over 2 months and I've not heard anything. I just tried to call their office number and got a recording that the number was disconnected. They also now advertise an Amarillo phone number, which was also disconnected. I called the company headquarters number for a direct connection to my area office and still got the disconnect recording. I called and left a message with the public releations dept at the company headquarters. I am a struggling single mom and I cannot afford to lose the kind of money I invested in this service. If they are no longer working in my area, I want my money back.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2006

I have just had another date set up by someone at IJL who has never met me. This is the 4th person I have dealt with since becoming a member.

I believe that this is a totally numbers-driven company. They send you out on as many dates as possible to use up your membership. They show no concern about if you would have anything in common with the person. I am not sure they even read your profile, since they have tried to send me on dates with married men and men with small children, both of which I stated I was not interested in. Now I seem to be sent on dates with "my father"!

This company has no interest in you or your profile - all they want is your money.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2006

This is a dating service that promises one thing to lure you into their expensive service and does not deliver. The matches were never close to what I was asking for. I tried numerous times to get a refund and they refuse to address your concerns and will only place your membership on hold. The services were falsely advertised and misleading.

I would like a full refund in the amount of $1500 which is what I paid for when I joined in February 2005. I have been in a Hold mode since September of 2005.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2005

My story is exactly the same as the other complaints that I have read by
other customers. After going into painstaking detail about what I was
looking for I asked the director, "Are you SURE you have clients that meet
these requirements?" She assured me she did. I realize now this was just a

way to get my money.

My first two dates were nothing like what I had told IJL I was looking for.
I called to voice my concern and was treated rather rudely and told to
"relax and have fun". Two more dates that were worse than the first and I
called again to complain and request a refund. This time I talked with the
franchise owner who rudely told me "No refunds, you signed a contract" and

"Relax".

I decided to give it one more try. This time I sat in a restaurant for 1
hour and 15 minutes and my date never showed up. I called the next day to
cancel my account and request a refund. The next week I received a letter

that stated: "As per your request, we have placed your account on hold."

This
is NOT what I requested. After reading the testimonials of others it is
clear to me this a pattern. I believe this company preys on the hopes of the lonely to get their money

and then ignores their wishes.

Damages: $1300 and untold hours of my time trying to get a response

to my complaints.

Original review: June 29, 2004

After having tried the ?It?s Just Lunch? matchmaking service in Denver for the past year, I have to say that I?m very disappointed. At the introductory interview, I was told by the director that IJL would set me up on a minimum of 12 dates with ?quality? people. After the first several IJL match dates, it became obvious that a lot of IJL's clientele are extremely busy professionals who put in 60-70 hours a week. I made very clear to IJL that I am not interested in dating workaholics, as they don?t appear to have much time for dating or anything else outside of work.

IJL is supposed to take the feedback that you provide after each date and fine tune the process so that the next date is a closer match. In reality, the people that IJL consistently matched me up with were not my type and had little in common with my interests and goals. IJL even sent me out on a dinner date with someone from Telluride, who lives over 300 miles away from where I live in Denver. IJL should have told me upfront that they were matching me up with someone who lived 300 miles away. Imagine my surprise when I found out that my dinner date lived 300 miles away?in addition to us having very little in common.

Although I asked repeatedly for a pro-rated refund, I was told that IJL doesn?t give refunds. One of the directors said that she would give me a one-month extension on my 1-year contract. However, she did not write this down in my folder so there was no record of the conversation. This director is no longer with IJL. When my one-year membership was up, I asked about the one-month extension. This new director didn?t know what I was talking about, as there was no written record of the conversation. She said she would honor the one-month extension anyway. However, IJL never sent me out on any additional dates under the one-month extension.

Damage Resulting: I'm out $1500 for the one-year membership.

Original review: June 29, 2004

I joined Just Lunch in July of 2003 and have been extremely disappointed. Its a joke. I received a sales pitch from Jennifer, the "director" who told me that she could not wait to send me out on dates and to introduce me to all the appropriate and great gentlemen who were in my community and were listed with her. She even dropped some names. However, when I called her after my first date to give her feedback she said I shall not call her, her job was done by signing me up and interviewing me. Now it is up to the assistants.

Well they did not interview me or had any idea what I am looking for. The dates were completely incompatible. Each time I tried to talk to the matchmaker, I was hustled off the phone as quickly as possible. I wanted to leave and was happy to receive just 50% of my money back; however I was told I couldn't get a refund, and they kept reminding me I had signed a contract. Their contract however states that if they can't provide me with 16 dates based on my criteria, I should get a refund. But there is no time limit - it is one and a half years later and they could only just come up with 6 dates. They absolutely do not have men for me . I have met a lot more and very nice men on E Harmony. Much cheaper and well worth the money!

Original review: June 1, 2004

This is a dating service that supposedly does in-person interviews of your prospective matches. In my case, it turns out that no one currently working in the office had ever met my date. (She told me so!) If they ever had, it would be obvious that this lady was on heavy meds with some serious life issues -- not even remotely the sort of woman that I specified!

After 3 days elapsed since my "interview", 1 date -- and 13 more "promised" dates, I politely ask for pro-rata refund of the $1400 (check, no credit card, thank you) that I had just shelled out. "It's our policy not to give refunds", says Stephanie (a high-pressure salesperson under beaucoup de makeup). Amazing, from unbelievable promises of more than 800 GREAT singles to choose from to "what did you expect?"

It's Just Lunch! Company Information