3.08/5
Based on 2,293 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Facebook

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Facebook Reviews

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Facebook allows debate groups but has such a lack of credibility in how it handles reports that fallacious reports very often result in punitive action against people who have done nothing at all wrong. Facebook has recently added a supposed system of review that it's such an obvious sham that it only serves to worsen the experience. Within 2-seconds of requesting a review, the case is claimed to be closed and punitive action is applied. And you're done. You can't even lodge a complaint to Facebook until the ban is lifted.

I posted a graphic image with confirmed statistical data regarding affiliation of prisoners in U.S. federal prisons. There was no profanity, nothing erroneous, nothing incorrect or insulting, and nothing which violates the Community Standards policy. However, the person who lost the debate due to the information, filed a fallacious report, and within seconds, I was notified that I had supposedly violated the Community Standards. This was so utterly ridiculous that I immediately requested that the complaint be reviewed, and as quickly as I clicked "Request Review", I was notified that the review was completed, the finding was upheld, and I was banned from Facebook for three days. I've done absolutely nothing wrong. Facebook's system has zero credibility. A coin-toss would be more accurate.

When I tried to submit a complaint to Facebook, the site erroneously claimed my attached file (the graphic image) was infected with a virus. That is beyond absurd. JPG files are NOT executable files and CANNOT be infected with a virus. The virus would never launch because a virus can only execute if attached to an executable file. Facebook's entire system has no credibility whatsoever. When I removed the JPG file, I was denied on the grounds that Facebook had banned me for three days. What kind of ridiculous policy is that? You get wrongfully banned and you can't complain about it because you're banned? Someone at Facebook needs to go back to their fast food drive-through window.

And once their highly flawed automated system has made a false determination, you're done. Facebook provides nothing at all to have the situation reviewed (for real - by a person). If any objective person were to look into this, they would recognize instantly that the system is simply and horribly flawed and does not penalize offenders. Instead, it penalizes anyone unlucky enough to encounter someone who thinks filing fallacious reports is just a way for them to entertain themselves. Facebook needs to FIX the system or stop pretending they have a system. This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever encountered. Are you listening, Zuckerberg? Fix your sham social network!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I am a small business owner. In January of 2019 I placed ads with Facebook for my business and discontinued them as of April 31st because FB's alleged results were suspect and did not match the results documented by Google and my company website analytics. I was billed automatically by FB and paid with my Capital One business card. When I decided to discontinue the ad campaigns, I turned them off directly on the FB website as per their directions by flipping the off switch that stops the advertisements from running.

A FB consultant who worked with me on the ad campaigns noticed several days later that the ads were still running and called to tell me so. She swore that she had turned off all the ads and did not know why they were continuing to run. I had revoked all permissions for her to function as a consultant in early April, so it was impossible for her to have incurred any additional charges on my behalf. I went into the FB ad system myself, found that the ad switches had all been turned back on, and turned everything off once again. I did this multiple times over the next few months.

Each time I turned off the ads, they mysteriously turned on again. I tried to stop the charges, but there is no way to turn off automatic billing on FB ads or switch to manual billing, so my credit card was automatically charged over and over again for ads that I knew I had turned off. No one else had access to my account. There are only 2 possible conclusions I can come to:

1. FB has a significant bug/glitch in their software system that does not consistently register changes to ad campaigns and/or automatically turns them back on after they have been turned off, and/or

2. FB is involved in fraudulent, deceptive and criminal behavior and is outright cheating their customers, expecting they will give up attempts to fight bogus charges and simply pay the fees because they are too difficult and time-consuming to dispute.

Either way, this is an unacceptable business practice. When I contested the charges, FB’s response to Capital One was to send them a standard scripted document stating that no attempt had been made by me to turn off the ads. This would only make sense if there was an undocumented glitch in their system. I am here to tell you that the ads were indeed turned off multiple times and I would be happy to provide an additional affidavit from my consultant confirming her unsuccessful attempt at turning them off as well.

For Facebook to simply say that the ads had not been turned off and offer it has irrefutable proof is at the center of this issue. I’m telling you that the mechanism for turning the ads off did not work, no matter what they claim. I worked as a systems programmer in the computer industry for fifteen years, and I can guarantee you that programming errors do occur in such systems, and quite often. Assuming that this was an innocent mistake on their part, Facebook should be more concerned with fixing their system’s bugs than insisting that the mistake lied with me, their customer. Talk about awful customer service!

I tried to close my FB business account entirely and remove my credit card information from their website, but Facebook did not permit me to do this. I sent FB an email saying that “I am very frustrated and seriously considering deleting all of my FB pages. My business account keeps getting charged for things I didn’t authorize”. I never received the courtesy of a response from them.

My company has been in business since 2010 and is in excellent standing with the business community. We are known for our stellar customer service. In contrast, Facebook is notoriously difficult to deal with because there is no direct customer service support, and there is no way to reach them by phone. The FB phone number I was given by Capital One is a recorded message that says there is no telephone support. The only mechanism for asking questions or requesting clarification from them is through an online email submission system that is haphazard at best. Having used it on multiple occasions, I can tell you that submitting questions in this way usually results in receiving a generic scripted response that generally has nothing to do with the questions asked.

I noticed recently that FB has created a new support inbox mechanism, but it does not deal with complaints or disputed charges. When you search their website for ways to dispute charges it comes up empty or sends you to a page that is no longer active. After you submit an online correspondence FB does not notify you if/when they finally do post a response to your question even though they certainly have my email address and are capable of doing so. When you search for ways to connect with FB, you get a page with a link to another page telling you that the page is not available. The inbox mechanism, along with the rest of FB, changes frequently. Their business ad site is full of contradictions, dead-ends and is ridiculously difficult to navigate.

Capital One refuses to deal with my claim because they say they need a printed ad cancellation notice from FB as proof of the cancellation. However, FB does not issue cancellation notices to their customers, nor do they send invoices to confirm ad subscriptions, so it would seem that we are at an impasse and stuck in a catch-22. In the meantime they continue to charge me for running ads.

FYI, a local news station here recently carried a story about a man who was charged over $500,000.00 in FB ads that he claimed he never authorized. He took FB to court at great personal expense. This can be the kiss of death to a small business like mine. The story was carried by Businessweek and is an excellent example of FB defrauding their customer base. There are countless stories online about FB cheating their customers and I have saved several as proof that I am not alone in this catch-22. Their behavior is unconscionable. I will no longer do business with FB and will remove my business pages from their website once this issue has been resolved, because doing so right now would result in me not being able to access any documentation that exists.

It would seem that FB has become too large to fail, even though countless complaints have been lodged against them regarding fraudulent practices that include the unauthorized sale of customer data to 3rd parties. They need to be called out on these atrocities and stopped. I am now being charged thousands of dollars in advertising that was properly cancelled. What recourse do I have and how do I go about getting results?

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

FaceBook gave me 24 hours in The Hole today. Local "news", Syracuse.commies (syracuse.com on FB) posted a gif someone made of the President shooting Democrats in a church and made a big deal of it, slamming Trump and his supporters. I posted 2 pictures, that I saved from FB mind you, of Liberals creations depicting President Trump's death. The one where some LIBERAL hanged an effigy of the President that, as I said I got from FB, didn't meet their standards and they tossed me in the hole.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Facebook just put me on restriction for posting or joining any groups for 24 hours. What is their problem?? Other than they think they are the law and hiring young dumbee bias yuppies. Something really needs to be done about this ** company. Why is the Gov. allowing this to continue. Oh that's right, they get grants from the Gov. Its true research it. FB are not about socializing. It is ALL about control. NO company should have the amount of Power that they have. They consistently infringe on basic Civil and Human rights and little Marky (patsy) hides behind the computer. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE QUICKLY. THEY ARE INFLUENCING, IN A VERY VERY VERY BAD WAY THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I have been restricted several times over the last year for sharing Biblical content. The latest post that was labeled as "abusive" and earned me a week of restriction was this one: "Latest Lesson Now Available On Our Website: “Implications of Jesus’ Resurrection” — The resurrection of Jesus has MUCH more meaning than the mere fact that Jesus was raised. This study examines what the scriptures teach the resurrection of Christ means for Jesus and for us — AUDIO / PPT / KEYNOTE / PDF — (10/6/2019) What in the world is abusive about this????

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Facebook?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

They will put up offensive articles with no problem and then block users for posting their own personal opinions when someone gets offended. FREE SPEECH works both ways!! You can't show one side and then censor the other.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I wish I can give them less than a star but unfortunately I can't. I've been on Facebook for years, but just recently they asked me for an ID. Really? How dumb do you think I am? You guys are thieves! Guess what? You have one less member now, and another bad review. I wish people stop subscribing to your stupid media and share their personal information with you. You suck!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

FB is a wonderful social media platform if you enjoy getting your account(s) hacked, identity stolen, personal info being sold to third parties, and being censored. It’s nothing more than a piracy site. People are being unnecessarily locked out of their accounts. FB then asks for ID verification and still won’t let people back into their accounts. There is no glitch. It’s an intentional act by FB to steal our identities and sell them. They know our mobile serial number, the cellphone towers that bounce our phone signals, our location and our IP address. Wake up, people. It’s time to ditch FB and move along to alternative social media outlets.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I have purchased a few Smartphones over the years, and 90% have Facebook installed on a NEW Phone. The problem I have is that many phones that Facebook is installed on from the factory. The Facebook applications CANNOT be removed. I dont trust Facebook, and believe if the Facebook app, cannot be removed from the phone, that they are STILL collecting Data from a users smartphone. Why would Facebook not allow their App not able to be removed? That tells me, they are still collecting data, even if a person does not use the Facebook app.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I was blocked for 30 days - I used the FB help center everyday for over 20 days with no human replies - just a robot answer about thanking me for the feedback and not all questions can be answered by FB. I have emails and complaints for over 20 days with NOTHING, and now this answer telling me to do what I have been doing.

This is a multi billion dollars business with no customer service or phone number just a total waste of time with no concerns or care for us. A social media service. Yeah right more like a multimedia service. I am upset that the block of which was wrong because the so-called block was reviewed and reinstated but the block remained on, what hurts the most is that my Mother died about 10 days ago and I could not use FB to reach out to friends and family, this was upsetting and really insulting.

I still have approx. 9 more days of the block, I guess I will need to wait until the block has ran its course, this company needs a better no not better but a real actual customer service connection or a complaint department. I am hurt, pissed, insulted, offended and not a happy camper. I thank you, my mother thanks you and I hope GOD can forgive you.

Facebook Company Information