2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5
Based on 2,007 ratings submitted in the last year

Facebook Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Facebook?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Facebook?

Original review: April 29, 2021

My Facebook account was disabled. I am Not posting death threats, sexual nudity, or bullying or harassing anyone. I post Bible Scriptures on a daily basis, I have been for the past 3 years yet Facebook disabled my account last week. Why? The only thing that I can come up with as to why my account was disabled is this...someone could have possibly cloned my name and my picture, hacked my account and made their own account using my name and put on that wall what they pleased, that went against Facebook standards. It is NOT FAIR that my account was disabled. I did nothing wrong. I also will be filing a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. For anyone who wishes to file a complaint to BBB. here is there address: Better Business Bureau Address: 1333 West Loop Ste 1200, Houston, TX 77027

Original review: April 29, 2021

I posted something that listed the excuses why people don’t wear masks and the rebuttals of a restaurant. This was why people should wear masks. Facebook sent me a nasty letter saying that I had broken community standards for posting something on why we should wear masks in a pandemic. It does not make sense. I think Facebook has a lot of problems and has become dangerous.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Facebook keeps stopping me from posting because of my political views. They have stopped me from posting even after I appealed their decision and it was overturned. Facebook also helped block information during the 2020 election.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Facebook used to be where you would go to see how everyone was doing, show off a picture of your garden, send mom a good morning greeting, laugh at some comics, and check local news. Now, every other post is either filled with anger, misleading stories, and news links that are outright lies. You get bombarded with a narrative that goes against what is happening around you in the real world. A misleading narrative that only becomes obvious after a surprise FB jail term. Then another, and another, because people have no consequences for hitting the report button. I got reported multiple times, by the same person. Reporting is supposed to be anonymous, but for some reason, it wasn't this time. This person went down the feed and reported every comment I made, even those not to/about/at her, or even on the same post. This triggered an algorithm that went through everything I posted, going back a year and a half.

My business page got fact checked and flagged for spreading misinformation for a repost on an increase of hawk activity warnings from the official state Wildlife and Fisheries Dept, from 18 months ago. That was a seasonal post. 3 day jail. 2 days out of FB jail, I got a 7 day jail term for "hate speech against women". I AM a woman. No way to contest it, and it's obvious a program flagged it and not a person. I deactivated my account in an attempt to keep my business page from being flagged for anything else ridiculous while I wait out my 7 day jail term and decide how to proceed.

This has been happening a lot, and the most glaring common denominator is that American Patriots are the ones getting flagged, jailed, or banned. Any questioning of the election, riots, or anything else not aligned with the Left Wing agenda is not allowed. Conservative groups just vanish. Other groups membership drops randomly by large percentages. Left Wing hate is spewed, and defending your opinion, or even yourself is a crime. No one is allowed to say anything FB doesn't like. FB owns your right to speak if you use their platform. And they buy your information, your mind, and soul, with little dopamine bursts of likes and engagement based on how well you follow their script.

Facebook has become a modern day tyrant. Facebook has meddled in the sovereignty of many nations to turn their governments and peoples towards the most favorable quarterly earnings report. Facebook has evolved into an all encompassing social media monopoly that people feel they can't escape from unless they want no social media life at all, which is the only life Covid has left for some. But yet, will "jail" people according to the whim of AI programming. FB is the real virus that is killing the world. The only cure is to cut it out of your life, and suck out it's venom like the bite from the venomous serpent it is.

Original review: April 6, 2021

I have listed items for sale on Facebook Marketplace and they deny my listings for any Tommy Hilfiger listing for NO reason saying they are counterfeit. These items were all purchases from either Macys or Nordstroms. Other members who have the same or similar listings are NOT denied. I have appealed the process and I'm either ignored or they say it's still denied. Yet FB allows Fake Chinese companies posing as US companies to sell $40 treadmills on the marketplace and then have the NERVE to harass people like myself and MANY others who are just trying to sell clothes online to make a little money.

I'm getting flags for $10 TH shirts that my son has outgrown. These practices are discriminatory and ILLEGAL. Facebook also discriminates against people over age 30 in the workplace. If you're not a millennial they won't hire you or they try to fire you. They have been sued many times for these same types of unfair and discriminatory practices. They also discriminate against women and they hire H1B Visa's from India over US workers. They have been sued for this also. FB is just a bad company that hides behind its policies but doesn't follow its own policies not to discriminate. Hypocrites! I believe that FB should be sued for unfair and discriminatory practices in the Marketplace and across its entire platform. If any lawyer is reading this, please contact me. I'd love to sue them!

Original review: April 4, 2021

So FB allows people openly talk about murdering judges and prosecutors. When those comments were reported FB refused to find a violation. Lots of screenshots taken from Pro Police page Blue Lives Matter. Cops and their supporters talking about killing.

Original review: March 31, 2021

Facebook banned me for an inappropriate message. l had posted on a page. A person was being very distrespectful to some other people and kept replying constantly with disgusting comments. I said that he was like a Jack Russel dog who kept coming back all the time to bite. Apparently you are not allowed to call someone a dog. What l said was not an insult or inappropriate considering what this person was saying to other people. Facebook police need to realise what the definition of inappropriate means. I reckon they put their own people on trolling these sites to aggravate people on purpose to upset them, so they will reply to their nastiness. When the person answers them, they are instantly banned, for very little reason. I do not like Facebook anymore because a person does not have the right to freedom of speech.

Original review: March 27, 2021

This social media platform has gone extremely soft. Some woman was insulting bodies after children and I told her that her ugly personality was showing and I get banned for it? Hey yet it's acceptable to shame women's bodies for bringing babies into this world? Facebook dubbed it as harassment and bullying? I've seen way worse being posted and it remains. Guess if it doesn't fit the Zucks agenda it isn't happening.

Original review: March 16, 2021

The straw that broke the camel's back: I responded to video footage of little Ruby Bridges who had to be escorted to school through a sea of death threats by ADULT ** supremacists and I described the behavior of the crowd as rabid. For that FB banned me for three days, thereby condoning the behavior of people yelling death threats at a little girl whose only wish in life was to have an education. Their excuse? They banned me three times before. I remember those well, in every instance, FB policy was being abused by people who did not agree with my anti-fascist viewpoint, people who exploited Facebook's "policy" to silence me.

Back then, I thought nobody bothered to look at the content that was reported. Or so I thought. Not on any occasion was I allowed any defense, to state my case and my opinions had NOTHING to do with their so-called "policy." But FB continues to do this on a consistent basis leading me to conclude that Facebook encourages the views of fascists and white supremacists and deliberately censors other opinions. Along with its reputation for other underhanded dealings, I am convinced that FB is not worthy of my valuable, intelligent, and well-researched content and I will cease to give them any further material to profit off of without my consent.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

What is the difference between getting a speeding ticket and going to "Facebook Jail?" Facebook headquarters is in Santa Clara County, and if you receive a speeding ticket, you can plead guilty, make a written declaration, or go to court. Only after you plead guilty or are found guilty will you be punished, and for an infraction, the government will remove the offense from your record in three years.

Facebook is an amoral company that monetizes the behaviors of its subscribers. In an attempt to change the company's perception and hold off needed government regulations, Facebook is trying to behave morally through the use of algorithms. Certain words immediately put you in "FB jail" and suspend your ability to comment without regard to the context. Supposedly, the decision is reviewed by humans, but that is highly problematic since they freely admit that they don't have enough staff. Appeals are heard on a random basis.

Let me provide an example of the Facebook policy and why it doesn't work. Sc__m is on the list of unapproved words. For those who don't know, the term refers to that layer of dirt surrounding the bathtub after taking a bath. It also refers to a low, despicable person. So, if a meme contains a picture of Adolph Hitler with the caption, "We need more ovens." and you respond that "Hitler is sc__m," the algorithm would immediately put you in "Facebook Jail" for hate speech. Also, there is no timeline for "convictions," so an offense committed two years ago would make the time in "FB jail" longer. If you receive a traffic ticket, you can't opt-out of the process--you will either be found innocent or guilty. Since Facebook is a private company, the opt-out option is available, and the Liker alternative is gaining popularity.

Facebook Company Information