Elite Global Dating

Beverly Hills, CA

Compare Matchmaking Services

Research top Matchmaking Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have no proof that this company is a scam of course but I find it hard to believe that it is for real. I only belonged for one month and during that month a lot of men contacted me with the pre-written one liner (tacky if you ask me) and when I wrote them back, using my own words I didn't hear back from anyone. I have tried other dating sites as well and there you actually write a human being. This seems to be a computer that doesn't have the ability to write more than once. I think it would be interesting to find out if anyone has ever been in touch with a real person on this site. Never again!

I bought an information product from this company and did not sign up to become a member. After checking my VISA statement, I noticed that they had charged me over $200 for a monthly membership fee that I had not authorized. I have contacted my bank and they have cancelled that VISA card. Beware to anybody who has any dealings with Elite Global Dating.

A payment of $76.80 was taken out of my account by this company unbeknown to me. This seems to be a problem with this type of agencies, l would like it looked into and stopped immediately as a similar company has been doing the same thing. I would like the money reinstated and any records of such payments sent through to me as and when this started, **.

I have been charged with a service by Elite Global Dating for $69.99 a month dating back to January of this year. A service which I never signed up for. Four months ago, I noticed this ongoing charge (and yes, woo to me for not noticing sooner). I immediately called a phone number, which sounded like a bad home answering machine, and left a message. About a month later, I received an email from a Maya at the company, stating they would cancel and reimburse me. Not only has this not happened, but I continue to be charged monthly for an additional 4 months. I have now paid over $700 for a service that I have never used or signed up for.

After two months of much delay of joining this dating site, due mostly to my weariness of the old saying, "It's too good to be true", the fact that there is a great number of good-looking men and quite very tall (extending mostly over 6'2", mind you); add to that was my itch to do a preliminary due diligence (an instinct developed from working in a law firm for over 10 years) on responses to past members or would-be members...sure enough found a number of angry former members claiming scams, deceits and extortion from the organization. Hence, purchased three-day trial Silver VIP Membership for $10US to read all those emails that sat in my Inbox that I wasn't able to read being a guest member only to see for myself. Then all of a sudden, incoming emails stopped! Weird again. Something was just not right about all the 250+ emails I received.

First off, they were all one-line paragraphs only. Weird already. Second, they were all bland general lines. They can be sent to many others and no one in particular. Not addressed to a particular person; not noting anything they've learned from that individual's profile info. Not personal enough. Most social sites I've been to in the past (Black Planet, Facebook, Zoosk, Cougar Life, Plenty of Fish, and I am still on Myspace) always addressed either my pictures or some info on my profile to start the conversation. It suggests that they have reviewed my profile, at least briefly. Most men would comment on my pictures. Something in the context that makes you feel that they were actually talking to you and had taken interest by responding to your profile info.

To me, this site appears to be a scam. Perhaps a team of scam computer geniuses that had collaborated into the making of this site, carefully and meticulously extracting models or beautiful-looking people from everywhere and compiled as many small info as possible to create individual profiles? A speculation but my gut tells me something is not right. I have snapshots of some of my emails to prove my theory, my evidence, if you ask them of me. I can email them to you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Elite Global Dating?

I signed up for Eilte Global Dating in July and immediately regretted it. It cost me $197.95, and I needed the money for more important things besides dating. I emailed and called the company within 24 hours, but got no response. Their website says "no refunds", but then it says "members can cancel their subscriptions"

I called my bank (Chase) and disputed the charge to my debit card. On 8/21/10, I was informed by my bank that Elite Global Dating had charged back my account for the $197.95. This not only caused my account to be overdrawn and cost me about $75 in overdraft fees. But most importantly, I was supposed to give my landlord $200 that day for overdue rent, and now I don't have that $200!

As a consumer, I have a right to change my mind, especially within 24 hours! The company is not responding to my attempts to contact them and I need this money back! Please help me.

Elite Global Dating Company Profile