Elite Personal Search

Out of Business

Over the past 22 years Elite has been the nation's top matchmaker. Our staff truly cares about each and every member and works hard to produce loving and long lasting relationships. Singles come to us knowing they will meet other quality people. Thousands of successful introductions over the years have resulted in great customer satisfaction. Our team consists of the nation's top matchmakers who are confident they can help you as well.

Compare Matchmaking Services

Research top Matchmaking Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I too have joined many Muslim sites... NOT for me but for my 2 daughters in hopes of helping them find Muslim husbands. I run into the same problem each time. SCAMS just wanting more money. Things are different these days. When I was growing up the Muslim community was tight knit so finding a spouse was usually someone you grow up with. As I trying to keep things halal for my daughters... If you have any suggestions... Please reply. Thank you in advance.

I had problems opening messages on this site so decided to pay for 6 months membership as it was the best value. As soon as I joined messages suddenly stopped arriving. All the matches I were given lived at least a hundred miles away, were not suitable at all. For example they were really sporty and liked sporty women which no way describes me. I e-mailed the company and asked why the matches were so wrong and was told to widen my search criteria. In 4 months I have not received a single smile, message or any contact at all. I assure you I am just an ordinary woman, do not have 2 heads etc. Something is definitely not right with this site. Asked for a refund as it says on the site something about being refunded if you do not get any responses as they are that confident with the service. Was refused any refund not even partial. Do not join this site please, it's not worth it.

I was recently offered a 3-day trial membership with Elite Singles. Going in as a non-paying member not only gives you no ability to communicate (which I guess is pretty normal with most sites), but you can't even view profile pictures. I wasn't impressed with the site yet took them up on the free trial. I was contacted by a member who tried to scam me for money almost immediately. When I wrote customer service, they offered no help whatsoever. I did however get a "security" email from them saying their fraud department found my contact...suspicious. If they're such a high-class, top-notch, better than any other site out there...why doesn't their fraud department do its work before subjecting members to con-artists? They also operate out of Berlin, Germany so that should also be a huge "red flag" to many.

I paid for my subscription to Elite Singles on 8.3.16 and I still have not received any phone calls regarding my complaints and have reviewed my account that set payment on. Not a message from them at all. I cannot see any phones or messages on my account. The company is not responding to any of my inquiries. I want my payment returned in full. There is no phone number on the site so I cannot contact them directly.

I signed up for Elite Singles using my credit card. Once I paid 3 matches came through that were not in my income bracket or education. Thankfully, my bank sent me an email to see if the purchase was a fraud and I was able to reject the charge. If you are professional women, looking for a gentlemen Elite Singles is not for you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Elite Personal Search?

The site does not make clear automatic renewal as do other sites, such as Match.com. Also, there is no contact phone number to discuss this matter. Having no phone number is extremely suspicious. With Match, I was made fully aware of when I would be automatically renewed. I, therefore, wrote it down to cancel by that date. Elite did not give me such information! I do not have $150 to throw away!!! Please help. There are hundreds of review similar to mine. Please stop this injustice.

This dating site is full of fake profiles. I also ran into the same issue others have indicated with billing. I thought I was purchasing a short membership, but ended up being billed for one year. I emailed them immediately, but they would not do anything to refund my money. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!

Like other users, I was drawn into a 3 monthly subscription with no possibility to uncheck an 'automatic renewal' which happens after your 3 month membership term ends and with no notice whatsoever. Upon contacting the customer service team they told me that it was in the terms and conditions when I joined and that it was my responsibility to contact customer service to cancel the automatic renewal. They refused to refund the $90 taken from my account for another 3 months I will not use - not just because of their terrible and unethical business model but because it was a terrible site; no filtering on partner suggestions at all. Do NOT use this service. SCAM dating site.

This dating site is the worst I have ever dealt with. They charge you the full amount up front, not monthly. You are limited to how much you can message people you are interested in. I have gotten smiles from many other women. When I respond to them, they don't reply. I'm 99% sure this site is sending me fake messages from fake profiles just to make it seem like I'm getting activity. I literally haven't had a single response in at least 10 messages I have sent to women that messaged me first... Go figure that out... Read the other reviews about this site, no one has had a good experience and you can't contact anyone to complain. You can send an email but you don't get any reply. I want my money back but I'm pretty sure there's no chance of that.

So do not sign up for free to this site. They have no money back guarantee even if it is within 1 hr. They will charge you the full amount and not the monthly amount and you have no way of getting your money back. It is so private that your information is kept and they do not reply to your issues. Never, never EVER sign up, you will have wasted your money.

I joined the site very recently. I paid nearly 90 pounds, I uploaded 2 very plain photos of myself (not with others, only me with plain cloth, not a bikini), and profile, they were all denied. All I described myself as "I am a warm, caring, and kind person. I always try my best and I like challenge." I have no idea why they denied my profile. Other comment like such as "I like to spend my free time to practice yoga, meet friends and go to gym." was also denied. I retyped and posted, but they were all denied again. They do not reply to my email asking for the reason. So I uploaded my photo again but it was denied again. I requested for refund, no reply. If they give me the reasons, I can do something about it. How can I rate company like this? They have to reply for my email at least. I cannot give even one star for this company.

I met the representative in Boston. She convinced me that they will introduce 9 people during 6 months and it will be extended to 3 more months. I paid then $3000 while I have only met 2 guys. One of them was so older than me and the other told me that he hasn't paid any money for dating since in a party he has met the representative and asked to be introduced to women. Then I moved to Arizona where she insisted that they have an office there. Since a month ago however, nobody answered my emails. They didn't accept also to pay my money back. I think that there should be some legal ways to file a case because they are committed to their services based on their contracts while they get money and are not responsible any more and also they are taking advantage of emotional conditions of lonely people.

I joined Elite due to being a busy single mother. The woman in Boston, who interviewed me (and took the 6000.00) talked of how easy it would be for them to match me up. However, I received four potential matches in a year and half. This resulted in three terrible dates. When I would try to talk to them about it - they would make up another rule about why I had to wait three more weeks for a potential match. They even had the nerve to blame me - stating that only men my age wanted to start having children. These people are complete rip offs. During the end, they did not return my emails nor phone calls.

On their website it says that one can try their dating site for 14 days, but that is not for free! They don't say that they start charging you even without you having agreed that they can charge one's credit card. Besides there is never a final bill which says it costs such and such amount! In the moment that one crosses the "I agree" box that's when they charge you. I never agreed to pay and for me it was clear that I never had signed up either! Not for them though, they started sending me immediately a bill over 160 Euros for a 3 months membership. I told them, that I never had signed up as I never gave them permission to charge my account either. I also told them that I am not happy with their dating site after 4 days, in which I had responded to 4 emails. They told me that I have to pay 35 Euros for each email and on top I have to pay for the personality profile around 50$? Can't remember exactly that amount. Anyway to make it short now they are sending me warning emails every week with bills and an additional cost of 12.50 Euros each time!!

I signed up with this company being told "we have thousands of people in our data base". Let us do the work. The person that signed me up was great; however after I got handed over to several Match Makers, they wouldn't call for weeks, or only contact me/us (other customers) by email. Then, the guys I got set up with were asking me for a job at the end of a date. Hellooooo... why did I sign up with this company? My last response back from Summer after not hearing from her over 6 weeks was, "I just don't have anybody right now." That was via email. So last week I emailed her again saying ok, it's been another three weeks what is the update... and of course no reply. They are quick to add time onto your membership to make up time, but who needs time when they don't set you up. Kind of defeats the whole purpose doesn't it? Terrible, Terrible, Terrible Upper Management that runs this company. They don't care about you, they do love your money though. Well, I hope with this review I have helped save somebody else some money!

Despite giving them a detailed list of musts and can't stands related to religion, values, morals, career and life goals, as well as photos of ideal profiles of men, Roni ** delivered a few profiles which were a complete mismatch and less than what anyone who paid USD 5,000 would expect. Background check on all profiles? Think you will be set up with paying clients? Think again! If you are looking to have someone who clearly does not have the best interests in finding you a good match, then I recommend you spending thousands of dollars in this professional sham. Be aware of different names they operate under (Elite MatchMaking, Active Singles LLC, Elite Personal Search, Elite Match Making). Spread the word and save other souls from this fraudulent service.

Met with Elite in January. They immediately called me when I entered my info on the site and I joined that week. Went on 4 dates with men who were all established, successful and gentleman. The last match was a success and dating since.

I negotiated the price they were asking down to $1,500. Thank God I didn't give them anymore of my money. I received maybe three matches, one of them needed a hip replacement (I specifically said I loved dancing). It was almost comical how off they were. Any emails you send (because you cannot call) are immediately responded with an automatic message of some lie or another. Please do not waste your money people, seriously!

I am totally dissatisfied with this service. After an initial aggressive interview, during which you will get convinced to pay upfront with almost $6,000, the actual matching was done by someone I never even met in person. In more than one year I only met with three men who were clearly not a good match for me at all. I complained several times and they sent me a few matches of men who never followed through. Not what you would expect from a so-called "better quality" service.

The way they match is done in an amateuristic way and all emails describing a possible match sound the same. Totally throwaway money and actually a scam. You have zero recourse for their bad services and are completely at their mercy. A business that should not be able to operate as they do in multiple states. I warn everybody against throwing their money away like this!

This company operates under several names. Elite Personal Search, Elite Matchmaking, Elite Match Making, Active Singles. If you are dissatisfied, you can do the following:

1. Write a complaint on the Better Business Bureau website of your town as well as Los Angeles. Los Angeles (la.bbb.org), Houston (Houston.bbb.org).
2. Write the attorney general of your state, as well as California, and file a consumer complaint.

3. Be persistent. If you get company officers' name, share them on this site.

I never had a date and they agreed they didn't have good demographics for me but never refunded a dime. They just stop taking calls and redirect calls.

Initially, a rather loud overpowering lady interviewed me, telling me about her latest young beau and how she likes younger men. I was polite but frankly thought this was so unprofessional, and I wasn't there to hear about her dates, rather about what Elite could do for me. I was shown a few files containing photos and information of some very promising men, and a wedding album of a couple Elite had introduced. I paid $7,500 to register and left hopeful. I have never felt such frustration and disbelief about how a company can lie. Every month was a different excuse as to why the promised introduction wasn't happening. Phone systems were down, my matchmaker was no longer with Elite, then the new matchmaker left.

Weeks went by with no one answering my emails or calls. I was only told about three men who were all 15 years older than what I wanted. I am 42 and wanted someone between 40-50. Every time, I was told they are very young for their age. I suffered such stress and aggravation, wasted so much time giving four matchmakers all my dating requirements. Then, I had to make calls every month to Elite when their promised call with a date never happened. I finally had one date with another very angry member who was intending to sue Elite. He was 15 years older than me, a smoker and had been sober for six years. He had none of my dating requirements but I went along to show I was willing.

I met a guy on Match.com who told me that he had been approached by Elite Dating Agency to meet some of their female clients. He was made to say that he had paid his full fees to Elite even though he hadn't. He went on two dates with Elite clients. How can such a scam of a company still be in business? I was a complete fool and still feel sick about the money I wasted. Please don't make the mistake that I made and do not let this company scam anyone else.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I met with a representative in February of 2012. She assured me they had men in my age range to send me as a match. I never did get a match. Never had a date with anyone and signed a contract for $5900. I have spoken to the corporate office and they recognized that I should have my money refunded, but now they say they don't have the money to refund to me.

This company is a complete scam. They have a two-hour interview in which you explain your criteria. You give them the information and they fix you up with anyone but what you requested. My main concern was that whoever I was introduced to has paid equally. I was assured this was the case. I think they went to a local online service to recruit my dates. Stay away from this company. Save your money and travel.

I filed a lawsuit and won for the sum of $4500 and now a year later, they are still avoiding paying the judgment. This company is also under Elite Match Making and Active Singles LLC. They keep changing their name and address to avoid the F rating with the BBB. If you have kept all of your matches, emails and conversations as I did, sue them and get your money back. They promise the world and don't deliver. The price is not set in stone. Some people have only paid $1500 for the same service some of us paid $4500-$7000 for. They can threaten collections but it is an internal collection department. It never hit my credit. Don't ever use this company or any of their other companies (Elite Match Making, Active Single LLC dba Elite Personal Search). They are all a sham.

Elite Personal’s search to find me a good match was unsuccessful. I paid as follows: $1950 on 8/05/2010, and $1950 on 8/13/2010, for a total of $3900 with receipts. So far not even a single man was introduced or contacted me till present. I am just an ordinary USA Citizen worker making the ends meet. I had contacted them via phone several times and even wrote a letter to Jamie ** dated February 11, and no response or action is taken till present. I don't want to lose my hard earned money and please, the authorities concerned help me out in this matter to get my refund. Thanks in advance.

This service is very expensive and the men were anything other than I would expect (Elite), let alone be willing to meet for a date. The first guy looked older than my father, was Caucasian (which I specifically stated I do not date) and was creepy weird. The next two matches did not fit my type whatsoever. I had three matches in 6 months, and not one even took me out for dinner! I have had great luck finding more professionally and financially secure, polite gentlemen through Match.com who meet my age, education, passions, and physical criteria. I have been treated as a lady, picked up, doors opened, dinner paid, etc.

I am a successful, beautiful lady who should not have to settle for the man the Elite person thinks I should. Maybe they just do not have enough people in the Boston area that are desperate enough to pay the price. I thought it would be a higher caliber but unfortunately, I was dead wrong. I’m happily dating now with my cheap Match membership for only 3 months.

I had a terrible experience with Elite Personal Search in the Boston office. I see some good testimonials mainly out of CA. Guess, it would have been better to contract out of that office and pay the flight fees. I paid $8,000 for a joke. I had one non-starter. I was not interested in meeting any married or separated men. I made this clear at the first meeting. Not only was this ignored, my last perfect match was not only still married but still living with his wife! He was also portrayed to be running a division of a company - nowhere near the truth. You could do better on match.com for a lot less money. Don't make the same mistake I did. And to think, you could be a "VIP" for $25,000!

Matches: I was matched with a married man with an ill wife, but I was not told. He declined the date. Matches were not what I was looking for. It is about getting your money in a no refund contract. You can do better on the Internet. Avoid this service.

Elite has reviewed this complaint with the information provided. Based on the email and phone number provided we do not have anyone in our database with the contact information provided to Consumer Affairs. However, if this is a client of Elite Personal Search, the company can guarantee that we run background checks on all of our clients and we do not match anyone who is married. Whether or not the client stated that he was married and had an ill wife is information that is out of the control of the company. We cannot guarantee what a client will say and do during a date. But, again, Elite runs background checks on all of our clients and we would never match anyone who is married.

It’s a total scam. I went to one office and met with a very nice woman named Gilpin. The second meeting was with a young woman who dressed like a prostitute in a small closet in a building across the street from the original office that was then closed. She was very discouraging about my prospects saying I would have to have some trial dates. She told me to get professional photos done and then sent me a photo of an old guy with sunglasses who never contacted me. I was told he went back to his girlfriend a month later. This was a month after paying the first $1,000. I had the bank cancel the payments and had to close my checking account. I wrote letters to both women to tell them the service was totally inappropriate, unprofessional, and unsatisfactory and I would not pay any more.

Ms. Susan French signed up with Elite for matchmaking services for 12 months and agreed to pay a fee of $5,900.00 and placed $1000 down with the promise to pay the balance within the next 6 months. The membership fee is for the the administrative and professional services which include but are not limited to, facilitating introductions, times spent working directly or indirectly on client's files, general advertising and marketing necessary to attract suitable individuals for successful matches, and for the time and effort to maintain the client's file. The client agreed and signed our membership agreement with the fact that profiles are presented every four to six weeks. Elite provided 3 suggestions: Mr. John S. Mr. Ed M. and Mr. Julian F in the first three months even though Ms. French had already DEFAULTED on her promise to make payments within the first month of the membership. We work with an accounts receivable company that collects balance dues and they are NOT a collection agency. If a client fails to pay a balance their membership is placed on HOLD until a resolution is reached. If a client refuses to pay Elite writes-off the balance due and inactivates a file. Elite does not send anyone to collections and in no way uses a client's default status as a way to "damage" a credit score. If Ms. French's credit is damaged it had nothing to do with Elite. Per her own admission she canceled the payments schedule with her bank and closed her checking account within 1 month of a 12 month contractual agreement. If anyone was scammed it was our organization as Ms. French had no intention of fulfilling her end of the terms of the agreement. As for the comment, "the second meeting was with a young woman who dressed like a prostitute," is subjective and also violates the contractual agreement clause about harassment and defamation.

Elite Matchmaking who also is Elite Personal Search solicits clients for free and has the real member that you pay for the services which cost thousands of dollars. All in the meantime, collaborating with the free solicited client asking them not to imply or disclose that they are not paying for the service since their clients are under the impression that they are being set up with clients paying for the same service. In other words, you are dating people whose intent is to just go out on dates for free, not a bad deal for the free customers, as this is what is told to them by the matchmaker.

Meanwhile, the paying customer paid thousands of dollars and are under the impression that the dates have the same outlook, perspective, and intentions as you on serious committed relationships. On top of that, I was put on a date with someone who was still legally married.

As you can see, this company is nothing but fraudulent! I gave them a chance to come clean and refund me my money since the services they sold me were nothing but misrepresentation of what they really did and clearly, this company is nothing but deceitful and liars. I had to put one star in order to submit but it's really worth a negative star!

Elite Personal Search Company Profile