Elite Personal Search

Out of Business

Over the past 22 years Elite has been the nation's top matchmaker. Our staff truly cares about each and every member and works hard to produce loving and long lasting relationships. Singles come to us knowing they will meet other quality people. Thousands of successful introductions over the years have resulted in great customer satisfaction. Our team consists of the nation's top matchmakers who are confident they can help you as well.

Compare Matchmaking Services

Research top Matchmaking Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

They did not cancel my account when I submitted for cancellation and stated they would not give me a refund. The automatic renewal portion was in very small print. The matching of partners was not accurate at all. This was a total waste of my time and money and caused unacceptable stress in my life. The membership cost is ridiculous at $149.70 per 6 months and automatically takes out of your account.

I signed up for the 3 month premium trial. Have not been impressed with the selection of matches sent through. Having children is a deal breaker for me, so being sent matches for people who are undecided is a waste of my time and theirs also. I'm successful and attractive and would hope to be sent suggestions that meet this basic criteria. Of course Chemistry cannot be created online - but some of the basics like wanting to have children should be set so that I'm not wasting their time and them mine.

I haven't met a decent match and decided not to continue with their service however they are claiming I was outside of the notice period - even though their online system wouldn't let me cancel when I was sill within the membership period. I am now receiving emails demanding money and insulting automated replies. Customers beware - this site is a total scam. The only thing premium about the service is the price!

I have had an appalling experience with this dating agency in that when I signed up in June 2016 it was for an initial six month period. It is hidden in the small print that the membership will be automatically be renewed to a premium membership at a significantly higher cost. You have to give them notice in writing in order for the renewal not to take place. After one month of using their site all the matches were totally wrong and hundreds of miles away. I continued for a further month and realized I had made a terrible mistake and that despite calling themselves Elite they are basically just interested in your money. I therefore decided it was an error on my behalf and made a note in my diary to give the required notice. I used the members' portal to send my cancellation email which I did on 24th Dec 2016. On 29th December I sent another email as I had not received confirmation that my membership cancellation had been received.

In February I received a debt collection notice from Affinitas dated 17th February but not received until 24th February 2017 with a deadline response date of 2nd March 2017. I responded and sent a letter recorded delivery to Germany at a cost of £6 advising I had cancelled my membership. They requested screen shots of the emails which of course were nowhere to be found in the members' portal. Despite them stating my profile had been suspended it was still on the website as active and I then cancelled and deleted my profile despite the warnings not to. I did then receive an email confirming my membership had been cancelled.

I then contacted Affinitas again by recorded delivery and stated that despite cancelling my membership as required giving them 7 days notice I was unable to provide a screenshot so I forwarded a further 65 euros to cover membership in January and February up to the date I had the cancellation confirmation email. I again paid a further £6 to send it recorded delivery and although I was not happy to pay them any further money for a very poor service I considered it was a reasonable and fair conclusion to a very disappointing and stressful experience.

They responded this was not acceptable to their client who I believe is actually themselves as they own EliteSingles and I have now been sent a very threatening and nasty letter advising me that unless I pay them a further 263 euros which includes their costs I will be taken to court. This whole experience has been really nasty with no reasoning or compromise from Affinitas and it would appear that they do not receive emails they do not want to receive and when asked for any receipts for money they do not respond.

Totally bias in favor of the supplier and totally unfair to the consumer. Only companies who are not trustworthy would incorporate such a clause which they can then say you did not comply with when you did. Do not use EliteSingles. Totally appalling. Providing a very poor service and then charging you an extremely expensive fee for further membership which nobody in their right mind would want! I was foolish enough to think that this site as you had to pay would be superior. I was totally wrong. It is in actual fact a scam for taking money off vulnerable people for providing nothing but hassle and stress.

Elite Singles advertise they are professional and quality, educated, Safe & Secure Dating‎ - 82% Educated Singles‎ - Intelligent Matchmaking‎ and local. I signed for 3 months memberships and I found out no educated or professional whatsoever... And people most are far away 50 miles or more. I find out the company is out of the USA, it's in England. Then my surprise comes. They renew my next 3 months without being consent. I saw the email and respond to stop the payment and the membership. After so many emails exchanged they refuse to refund even the same day I cancel within 24 hours. BEWARE OF ELITE SINGLES - SCAM DATING WEBSITES. I HARDLY MEET NO ONE THERE... EVEN AFTER 3 MONTHS.

I joined in January 2017. I never received one single actual "match". The persons sent were simply not a match. They were not in the age range and not in my city. I am an out gay man, 54 years old, out since I was 17 and HIV positive since I was 22 years old. I felt there was no space for these two very important facts in the algorithm. Not designed for me and a great deal of persons like me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Elite Personal Search?

Consumer beware. This is not a bad site per se, but their business practices are borderline scams. Here’s the gig: I signed up for 3 months and it was kind of fun... I really don’t take these sites too seriously but you do meet some "interesting" people (I'm being polite here)... Anyways, what they do is NOT tell you about the automatic membership renewal after your initial term expires. Oh, it’s there, buried in between the lines of the legal document you agree to initially, but who really goes through all that on a meeting site? So, my 3 months comes around and then suddenly a charge appears on my statement for another 3 months.

You cannot tele-contact these slippery people as they are in Germany, so preprogrammed email messages is all you receive. Their policy is that you have to inform them within 24 hours of the charge being posted on your card in order to cancel, something that never happens given the timing of the charge and your receipt of the statement. Shoddy and slippery business practices that will soon be governed by international laws, but for the time being I must applaud them for finding this loophole, and filling their pocketbooks at our expense. Be careful people...

I too have joined many Muslim sites... NOT for me but for my 2 daughters in hopes of helping them find Muslim husbands. I run into the same problem each time. SCAMS just wanting more money. Things are different these days. When I was growing up the Muslim community was tight knit so finding a spouse was usually someone you grow up with. As I trying to keep things halal for my daughters... If you have any suggestions... Please reply. Thank you in advance.

I had problems opening messages on this site so decided to pay for 6 months membership as it was the best value. As soon as I joined messages suddenly stopped arriving. All the matches I were given lived at least a hundred miles away, were not suitable at all. For example they were really sporty and liked sporty women which no way describes me. I e-mailed the company and asked why the matches were so wrong and was told to widen my search criteria. In 4 months I have not received a single smile, message or any contact at all. I assure you I am just an ordinary woman, do not have 2 heads etc. Something is definitely not right with this site. Asked for a refund as it says on the site something about being refunded if you do not get any responses as they are that confident with the service. Was refused any refund not even partial. Do not join this site please, it's not worth it.

I was recently offered a 3-day trial membership with Elite Singles. Going in as a non-paying member not only gives you no ability to communicate (which I guess is pretty normal with most sites), but you can't even view profile pictures. I wasn't impressed with the site yet took them up on the free trial. I was contacted by a member who tried to scam me for money almost immediately. When I wrote customer service, they offered no help whatsoever. I did however get a "security" email from them saying their fraud department found my contact...suspicious. If they're such a high-class, top-notch, better than any other site out there...why doesn't their fraud department do its work before subjecting members to con-artists? They also operate out of Berlin, Germany so that should also be a huge "red flag" to many.

I paid for my subscription to Elite Singles on 8.3.16 and I still have not received any phone calls regarding my complaints and have reviewed my account that set payment on. Not a message from them at all. I cannot see any phones or messages on my account. The company is not responding to any of my inquiries. I want my payment returned in full. There is no phone number on the site so I cannot contact them directly.

I signed up for Elite Singles using my credit card. Once I paid 3 matches came through that were not in my income bracket or education. Thankfully, my bank sent me an email to see if the purchase was a fraud and I was able to reject the charge. If you are professional women, looking for a gentlemen Elite Singles is not for you.

The site does not make clear automatic renewal as do other sites, such as Match.com. Also, there is no contact phone number to discuss this matter. Having no phone number is extremely suspicious. With Match, I was made fully aware of when I would be automatically renewed. I, therefore, wrote it down to cancel by that date. Elite did not give me such information! I do not have $150 to throw away!!! Please help. There are hundreds of review similar to mine. Please stop this injustice.

This dating site is full of fake profiles. I also ran into the same issue others have indicated with billing. I thought I was purchasing a short membership, but ended up being billed for one year. I emailed them immediately, but they would not do anything to refund my money. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!

Like other users, I was drawn into a 3 monthly subscription with no possibility to uncheck an 'automatic renewal' which happens after your 3 month membership term ends and with no notice whatsoever. Upon contacting the customer service team they told me that it was in the terms and conditions when I joined and that it was my responsibility to contact customer service to cancel the automatic renewal. They refused to refund the $90 taken from my account for another 3 months I will not use - not just because of their terrible and unethical business model but because it was a terrible site; no filtering on partner suggestions at all. Do NOT use this service. SCAM dating site.

This dating site is the worst I have ever dealt with. They charge you the full amount up front, not monthly. You are limited to how much you can message people you are interested in. I have gotten smiles from many other women. When I respond to them, they don't reply. I'm 99% sure this site is sending me fake messages from fake profiles just to make it seem like I'm getting activity. I literally haven't had a single response in at least 10 messages I have sent to women that messaged me first... Go figure that out... Read the other reviews about this site, no one has had a good experience and you can't contact anyone to complain. You can send an email but you don't get any reply. I want my money back but I'm pretty sure there's no chance of that.

So do not sign up for free to this site. They have no money back guarantee even if it is within 1 hr. They will charge you the full amount and not the monthly amount and you have no way of getting your money back. It is so private that your information is kept and they do not reply to your issues. Never, never EVER sign up, you will have wasted your money.

I joined the site very recently. I paid nearly 90 pounds, I uploaded 2 very plain photos of myself (not with others, only me with plain cloth, not a bikini), and profile, they were all denied. All I described myself as "I am a warm, caring, and kind person. I always try my best and I like challenge." I have no idea why they denied my profile. Other comment like such as "I like to spend my free time to practice yoga, meet friends and go to gym." was also denied. I retyped and posted, but they were all denied again. They do not reply to my email asking for the reason. So I uploaded my photo again but it was denied again. I requested for refund, no reply. If they give me the reasons, I can do something about it. How can I rate company like this? They have to reply for my email at least. I cannot give even one star for this company.

I met the representative in Boston. She convinced me that they will introduce 9 people during 6 months and it will be extended to 3 more months. I paid then $3000 while I have only met 2 guys. One of them was so older than me and the other told me that he hasn't paid any money for dating since in a party he has met the representative and asked to be introduced to women. Then I moved to Arizona where she insisted that they have an office there. Since a month ago however, nobody answered my emails. They didn't accept also to pay my money back. I think that there should be some legal ways to file a case because they are committed to their services based on their contracts while they get money and are not responsible any more and also they are taking advantage of emotional conditions of lonely people.

I joined Elite due to being a busy single mother. The woman in Boston, who interviewed me (and took the 6000.00) talked of how easy it would be for them to match me up. However, I received four potential matches in a year and half. This resulted in three terrible dates. When I would try to talk to them about it - they would make up another rule about why I had to wait three more weeks for a potential match. They even had the nerve to blame me - stating that only men my age wanted to start having children. These people are complete rip offs. During the end, they did not return my emails nor phone calls.

On their website it says that one can try their dating site for 14 days, but that is not for free! They don't say that they start charging you even without you having agreed that they can charge one's credit card. Besides there is never a final bill which says it costs such and such amount! In the moment that one crosses the "I agree" box that's when they charge you. I never agreed to pay and for me it was clear that I never had signed up either! Not for them though, they started sending me immediately a bill over 160 Euros for a 3 months membership. I told them, that I never had signed up as I never gave them permission to charge my account either. I also told them that I am not happy with their dating site after 4 days, in which I had responded to 4 emails. They told me that I have to pay 35 Euros for each email and on top I have to pay for the personality profile around 50$? Can't remember exactly that amount. Anyway to make it short now they are sending me warning emails every week with bills and an additional cost of 12.50 Euros each time!!

I signed up with this company being told "we have thousands of people in our data base". Let us do the work. The person that signed me up was great; however after I got handed over to several Match Makers, they wouldn't call for weeks, or only contact me/us (other customers) by email. Then, the guys I got set up with were asking me for a job at the end of a date. Hellooooo... why did I sign up with this company? My last response back from Summer after not hearing from her over 6 weeks was, "I just don't have anybody right now." That was via email. So last week I emailed her again saying ok, it's been another three weeks what is the update... and of course no reply. They are quick to add time onto your membership to make up time, but who needs time when they don't set you up. Kind of defeats the whole purpose doesn't it? Terrible, Terrible, Terrible Upper Management that runs this company. They don't care about you, they do love your money though. Well, I hope with this review I have helped save somebody else some money!

Despite giving them a detailed list of musts and can't stands related to religion, values, morals, career and life goals, as well as photos of ideal profiles of men, Roni ** delivered a few profiles which were a complete mismatch and less than what anyone who paid USD 5,000 would expect. Background check on all profiles? Think you will be set up with paying clients? Think again! If you are looking to have someone who clearly does not have the best interests in finding you a good match, then I recommend you spending thousands of dollars in this professional sham. Be aware of different names they operate under (Elite MatchMaking, Active Singles LLC, Elite Personal Search, Elite Match Making). Spread the word and save other souls from this fraudulent service.

Met with Elite in January. They immediately called me when I entered my info on the site and I joined that week. Went on 4 dates with men who were all established, successful and gentleman. The last match was a success and dating since.

I negotiated the price they were asking down to $1,500. Thank God I didn't give them anymore of my money. I received maybe three matches, one of them needed a hip replacement (I specifically said I loved dancing). It was almost comical how off they were. Any emails you send (because you cannot call) are immediately responded with an automatic message of some lie or another. Please do not waste your money people, seriously!

I am totally dissatisfied with this service. After an initial aggressive interview, during which you will get convinced to pay upfront with almost $6,000, the actual matching was done by someone I never even met in person. In more than one year I only met with three men who were clearly not a good match for me at all. I complained several times and they sent me a few matches of men who never followed through. Not what you would expect from a so-called "better quality" service.

The way they match is done in an amateuristic way and all emails describing a possible match sound the same. Totally throwaway money and actually a scam. You have zero recourse for their bad services and are completely at their mercy. A business that should not be able to operate as they do in multiple states. I warn everybody against throwing their money away like this!

This company operates under several names. Elite Personal Search, Elite Matchmaking, Elite Match Making, Active Singles. If you are dissatisfied, you can do the following:

1. Write a complaint on the Better Business Bureau website of your town as well as Los Angeles. Los Angeles (la.bbb.org), Houston (Houston.bbb.org).
2. Write the attorney general of your state, as well as California, and file a consumer complaint.

3. Be persistent. If you get company officers' name, share them on this site.

I never had a date and they agreed they didn't have good demographics for me but never refunded a dime. They just stop taking calls and redirect calls.

Initially, a rather loud overpowering lady interviewed me, telling me about her latest young beau and how she likes younger men. I was polite but frankly thought this was so unprofessional, and I wasn't there to hear about her dates, rather about what Elite could do for me. I was shown a few files containing photos and information of some very promising men, and a wedding album of a couple Elite had introduced. I paid $7,500 to register and left hopeful. I have never felt such frustration and disbelief about how a company can lie. Every month was a different excuse as to why the promised introduction wasn't happening. Phone systems were down, my matchmaker was no longer with Elite, then the new matchmaker left.

Weeks went by with no one answering my emails or calls. I was only told about three men who were all 15 years older than what I wanted. I am 42 and wanted someone between 40-50. Every time, I was told they are very young for their age. I suffered such stress and aggravation, wasted so much time giving four matchmakers all my dating requirements. Then, I had to make calls every month to Elite when their promised call with a date never happened. I finally had one date with another very angry member who was intending to sue Elite. He was 15 years older than me, a smoker and had been sober for six years. He had none of my dating requirements but I went along to show I was willing.

I met a guy on Match.com who told me that he had been approached by Elite Dating Agency to meet some of their female clients. He was made to say that he had paid his full fees to Elite even though he hadn't. He went on two dates with Elite clients. How can such a scam of a company still be in business? I was a complete fool and still feel sick about the money I wasted. Please don't make the mistake that I made and do not let this company scam anyone else.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I met with a representative in February of 2012. She assured me they had men in my age range to send me as a match. I never did get a match. Never had a date with anyone and signed a contract for $5900. I have spoken to the corporate office and they recognized that I should have my money refunded, but now they say they don't have the money to refund to me.

This company is a complete scam. They have a two-hour interview in which you explain your criteria. You give them the information and they fix you up with anyone but what you requested. My main concern was that whoever I was introduced to has paid equally. I was assured this was the case. I think they went to a local online service to recruit my dates. Stay away from this company. Save your money and travel.

I filed a lawsuit and won for the sum of $4500 and now a year later, they are still avoiding paying the judgment. This company is also under Elite Match Making and Active Singles LLC. They keep changing their name and address to avoid the F rating with the BBB. If you have kept all of your matches, emails and conversations as I did, sue them and get your money back. They promise the world and don't deliver. The price is not set in stone. Some people have only paid $1500 for the same service some of us paid $4500-$7000 for. They can threaten collections but it is an internal collection department. It never hit my credit. Don't ever use this company or any of their other companies (Elite Match Making, Active Single LLC dba Elite Personal Search). They are all a sham.

Elite Personal Search Company Profile