Find an Online Dating Sites partner

Help me decide

3.7/5 (130 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Christian Mingle

Christian Mingle is a dating website designed specifically for Christians looking for love. Christian Mingle has more than 15 million members and is one of the largest and most trusted Christian-specific dating websites. Similar to other dating sites, Christian Mingle helps match like-minded singles in the hopes of creating lifelong relationships. With an easy-to-use site and a large dating pool, finding love can be easier with Christian Mingle.

Pros

• Large dating pool
  • Focus on long-term relationships
  • Free trial
  • Like-minded singles

Cons

• Pricey premium membership
  • Limited free version

Bottom Line

For Christians looking for a lifelong partner, Christian Mingle is a great option. Although its premium membership is expensive, its dating pool of more than 15 million members offers plenty of opportunities for singles to find love.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

How does Christian Mingle work?

If you’re interested in signing up for Christian Mingle’s services, visit its website to sign up for a free trial using your email or Facebook profile. Christian Mingle then prompts you to fill out some information on your profile, including questions about your values, hobbies and favorite quotes.

Once your profile is complete, you can start viewing other eligible, compatible singles in your area. To help you on your journey to love, Christian Mingle sends you up to seven possible matches each day. With Christian Mingle’s free membership, you won’t be able to message potential suitors — be prepared to pay for a monthly membership if you find someone you’re interested in.

How much does Christian Mingle cost?

Setting up a profile with Christian Mingle is completely free, but the free service does not include the option to chat with other members. Once you find someone on Christian Mingle that you want to get to know better, you must upgrade to its premium membership, which is $49.99 per month.

Christian Mingle offers discounts on memberships if you purchase more than one month at a time. For three months, it is $39.99 per month, and for six months, it costs $24.99 per month.

Christian Mingle FAQ

How long does it take for Christian Mingle to approve a profile?
It typically takes between 24 and 48 hours for Christian Mingle to approve a profile. This is to ensure that there is no inappropriate content on the site.
Is Christian Mingle free?
You can set up a profile for free on Christian Mingle, but you must pay a monthly fee to chat with other singles.
What does the heart mean on Christian Mingle?
The heart is a “like” that can only be sent while using LookBook, an anonymous browsing option. If you like someone’s profile that has liked yours, you will automatically be matched to one another.
What does the orange plus sign mean on Christian Mingle?
The orange plus sign means that someone has a Messaging+ profile, which is a premium subscription option that lets users message anyone, even those on a free trial.
Is Christian Mingle good?
Christian Mingle is the largest dating website for Christians, and many reviewers say its focus on long-term relationships sets it apart.
What does the wink mean on Christian Mingle?
You can send winks to other members as a means of flirting or showing your interest. This is usually sent before a message to encourage the other to make the first move.
How much does it cost to be on Christian Mingle?
You can create an account for free, and premium membership starts at $49.99 per month.

Does Christian Mingle work?

Many singles have found lifelong partnerships on Christian Mingle. Although matches aren’t guaranteed, Christian Mingle is consistently reviewed as a high-quality dating site for Christian singles. And with more than 15 million users, Christian Mingle gives you a larger pool to choose from than many other dating sites. We recommend Christian Mingle for any single Christians interested in finding a forever match.

Christian Mingle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Christian Mingle?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Christian Mingle?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I have never seen soooo many scammers, fake people in all my decades on the Internet! The want you to give them your phone # and email address on day #1 so they can get you off the site and scam you. I used Google lens to ID several of the scammers and reported them. They were not removed from the website, only blocked on my profile. This is a very unethical business that should be avoided at all costs. The service is not worth it even if it is FREE! You'd have to pay me to actually use their service.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I think most of the people leaving bad reviews are older people who just don't understand how the site works or how to work the site and their preferences on the site. For example all the complaints about people called mingler with numbers in the names and no pictures. This is something the site does automatically with all new standard members. Until you upgrade your account, IE pay extra money, they assign you a mingler name they make up for you, like mingler ou412 or something like that, and it takes them several days or longer to approve your photos. It's not that these people did not put photos up, they are just not approved yet. In fact it's more likely that these are the real people just trying to see if they like the site before spending all that money for the upgrades and full membership.

Also while it's true you can't put your account on hold, you can set it so others can't see you online or so you don't show up under search results and such. There is a lot you can change under preferences. You can also set it to as little as a 5 mile radius. The site is ok, I don't love it or anything. Sure there are some scammers and fakes, but no worse than any other site I have tried. But many of the things people are complaining about here are just from a lack of understanding it seems to me. Thanks.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2021

Every single person matched were scammers. They were patterns of responses. Initial bios sounded good then long identical scripted follow ups with different names inserted. Also from other countries, widowed and no family. Always first time on the site. Hurry up and give your cell number or email. Then their bios vanish if they get it. I guess what bites me the most is they target faith women who are caregivers and misuse God's word. And in one week I’ve had most of it unable to access my account. It kicks me back to the site wanting me to register as a new user. Beware.

Original review: June 26, 2021

I was very unsure about going on a dating app but I was very happy with Christian Mingle. This site was very easy to sign up with and almost immediately I got matches in my area. I have met with a couple of my matches and they were very enjoyable meetings. I will keep trying this app.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Way too much hypocrisy. I signed up for this seven years ago and the process was very tedious and didn't feel very secure. I imagine things have changed since then but I doubt that human nature has changed, so lots of skin and non-Christian pictures probably still populate most of the members' profiles.

Original review: June 12, 2021

Bad men, thinking only for sex and benefits from women, no comments more. They are not good educated, have not job or good income and first asking for money for example to pay dental services for him...

Original review: June 11, 2021

Quite the rip off. Gives you choices from far away that say they are only interested in local dating. Also not vetted well and many scam artist on the site. Difficult to cancel membership and received a very hard time about it. WASTED MONEY.

Original review: May 2, 2021

I subscribed roughly 2.5 weeks ago. In that time, I have been presented with 85% profiles without photos or information that is pertinent; the remaining profiles which have come with information, have led to several scammers, catfishers and/or computers. Very disappointing when you think by choosing "Christian" you might find real people who would like to chat or correspond.

I find it odd that the contacts are spread throughout the US and Canada (and Israel) instead of my home state of Texas. I receive 3 - 5 contacts a day asking me to write to someone who is not a member, but recommended by a member who is leaving the service. The three men I have written, have computer-error English mistakes, classic catfishing behaviors. When I ask if they are computers, they disappear without a trace. Really, how many UN employees are there with the question, have you chatted with a military man before? I contacted the company, no suggestions and no improvement. Add to that, 5'6" men contacting a 6' woman with preferences of 5'11" to 6'8", you wonder if the creators actually pay attention to any of the preference lists.

Original review: April 25, 2021

I was excited to join, hoping I would find someone to care about friendship to possibly love and marriage! So I signed up for six months, if nothing happened during this time, I would not join again and if I found someone I would not join again! I was so excited my texts were blowing up the phone, I thought all these people were sending me smiles! So I started to text back, getting to know these guys, there were a few I really hit it off with, I kept investing my time and energy in the conversations by texting, then in all of the guys I liked, thing were starting not to add up as to numbers, the way they wrote, some guys wrote, like other guys I was communicating with, so I started investigating on my own and when I confronted them, suddenly they vanished offline!

I have been on this website less than a week, I wasted 150.00 for nothing, except for hurt, loss of trust and starting to care for a person who did not even exist! There probably are real people on this website, but good luck in finding one! If I were you I would not invest the money, go elsewhere, my money is lost, be smart and spend your money wisely, I wish I had! This site so far has given me nothing but stomach and headaches!

Original review: April 23, 2021

I got an email that someone was interested in my profile. When I tried to log in I couldn't. Fact, my profile and stats are real (Male, 67, seeking a relationship from 60-70, basic not the whole profile). Here's the message CM sent me. "Your ChristianMingle profile has been suspended due to suspicion of fraud." So I wrote this email question to them: "What did I do to be suspected of fraud? I blocked those who smiled at me but were totally outside of their profile description. When I see someone who's 32 and states they want to meet someone from the age of 45-75 or that they're in a different state and don't want to date within 100-500 miles, I'm not interested. I'm also not interested in an email romance, so I block that person so I won't waste my time or theirs. So could you please tell me why you're suspending my account? If someone there wants to call me I can be reached at ###-###-####. Thank You."

So Martha S responded without answering my question!!! They now needed a government-issued ID. So I told them to remove my profile. How is it that most of the profiles named Mingler#@#@# have no photos and are way younger? Those are the true scammers. So beware, don't pay for this, if you must try their service use the free first to see what kind of junk they're sending you!

Christian Mingle Company Information