California Singles

Sacramento Singles specializes in helping local singles meet and date quality individuals that match their values, interests and life goals. Sacramento Singles is a division of California Singles, the largest personal matchmaker in California, with a local office located at 937 Enterprise Drive.

At California Singles we meet with every client face-to-face in our local office. We take the time to get to know you, to understand your relationship goals and to find out what is most important to you in the people you want to date. Utilizing your matchmaking and personality profile your experienced Personal Matchmaker will hand screen introductions that match your predetermined values, interests, and life goals. This ensures you meet real, local singles that are compatible for dating. As we like to say, “Isn’t it time to live, laugh and love again?”

Compare Matchmaking Services

Research top Matchmaking Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The last lady I've met in California Singles was great even though she's out of the area and lives far. It's worth the problem because she is really a super person so we're continuing on. I will probably not look anymore after this. Donni was right on target with that one. The other two that I was introduced to before her weren't in the criteria I was looking for. One thing that I would like to tell is that California Singles should listen to clients better on what they tell initially. I know they're trying to get people together because the selection isn't that broad in the areas that I was looking but if they can't do it, then don't hook me in. It could've been handled differently but other than that, the end result ended up being good. That's kind of between a rock and hard spot. I would give them a definite things to think about when I recommend them because of the experience that I had which was good. Not perfect, but good so all was forgiven in the rest of it.

This company is a total scam. If there was the option to give it no stars I would have. I don't even think they read how you describe yourself and what you are looking for. They are slow in responding and have gone months without sending me a single possible date. My matchmaker doesn't even live in my town. When I complained about her they set me up with another matchmaker from out of state! When I tried telling them again how completely dissatisfied I was and asked to speak to someone who had authority to issue a refund, I was told there was no one else to talk to. You cannot find any contact number for the company anywhere. The local office is by appointment only and they are never there. And the guy who signed me up no longer works there. DO NOT USE THIS DATING SITE!!

This company is a joke. They tell you things such as, "we have so many that fit your personality" when they don't have any! It was like fixing Hillary Clinton up with a Hell's Angels member. A complete ripoff!

BEWARE!!! I would have given no stars but that is not an option. This place is the worst place ever... If you never want to find love and you like to just throw your money out of the window this is the place to go. They rip people off of their hard-earned money. This is all they do for you as their service. Other than that I cannot tell you what they do to satisfy any customers. They send you around to a bunch of different people in the office. Tell you they have someone for you and that is a joke. They never look at your profile and then try to set you up with hobos. Really come on I can do better than that all on my own.

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR YOUR TIME BECAUSE YOU WILL BE VERY DISAPPOINTED IF YOU DO. You are better off to just go out more and meet people on your own. Save your money for a trip or something fun for yourself because if you think you will get love thru these people you will be sadly mistaken. :(

I have been on four "dates" through California Singles (8 promised in my contract). I am a busy professional and during the interview I described my ideal match as a gentleman who is tall (5'10" or more), and who has a similar educational background to myself (college educated with a successful career). I was told there were many people in the Sacramento area and that this would be an easy and fun process. I was reassured multiple times about how each candidate is carefully interviewed and a detailed and thorough background check is performed to verify education and work information as well as marital status.

I was told that the service does not accept membership from people who misrepresent their information (e.g., married or lying on the interview). I was even warned against using online dating sites where, I was informed, there is a high percentage of married people pretending to be single. I signed up in March 2015. My first date had completely dissimilar backgrounds. While he was tall, we shared no common interests or educational background. He is lifetime military and a wonderful guy but there seemed to be no reason to put us together other than checking off one of the "date" boxes.

My second match was described to me as 5'7", which I noted to the matchmaker was below my height threshold. The matchmaker asked me to trust her and she reassured me that he would be an awesome match for me. After I spoke with the gentleman by phone, I had serious concerns and I called Ashlee back. Once again, she asked me to trust her and reassured me that she had my best interests at heart. My date was at most 5'5" tall and, alarmingly, he was still married (he told me that he signed up with this service just before serving his wife with separation papers). As we ate, he went on to talk about the litigation he was in and how it was costing him a huge sum of money.

My third date was actually a good match and we went on several dates. It was a great experience. The fourth date was described as tall, having an engineering degree and being in great shape but when I went on the date, I discovered a very different picture. He had not graduated from college and he was actively struggling with the death of his wife that had occurred less than 3 months before our date. My experience has left me deeply questioning both the screening actually performed as well as anything more than a random mix and match alignment process.

Three of the four dates" that were hand selected for me didn't actually meet the two criteria and two of them were honestly inappropriate. When I mentioned this to the matchmaker, I was told that since I had "accepted" the dates (even though they did not match the criteria we agreed to) they counted towards my 8 "date" contract and I was quoted the terms and conditions section. I would have been far better off with an online dating site and using modern internet searches myself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about California Singles?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I like Ashlee so much and she's tried really hard. I'm a very hard person to match and so I've gotten some ill-conceived matches but I don't think it's her fault. She found me somebody that I like and that was after about 6 or 7 tries. She did make one mistake that I thought was big. She matched me up with a Pentecostal man. Pentecostal religion is very fundamentalist and I'm not. I talked to him on the phone a couple of times and he talked about nothing but church. I would have to belong to his church before he would consider me, even as a friend. I never got to meet him and I was still charged for that match. I didn't like that. It wasn't Ashlee's fault, it was the company policy.

California Singles has not done well right up until this current particular match and I think we can be good friends. I only have a couple more matches to go. I got 7 or 8 guys who didn't tell me why they didn't like me and didn't call me back. That's really difficult because the people who are doing the matching, like Ashlee, are not allowed to say what the match said about us. Not knowing why these guys never called me back is the most difficult thing for me. One even kissed me and told me I was sweet, and never called me back. I don't think that it's a good idea to have a company policy that tell you everything they said about you, because I think that could be very disconcerting and very discouraging, it could hurt your self-esteem. But I've been frustrated by the opposite, which is not telling you anything. As for my overall experience with California Singles, I find good things about them and bad things that bother me.

California Singles seem to be more personable than other dating options, and they try to understand and go with what I am looking for. Ashlee, my matchmaker, was very helpful with trying to match me up with somebody. Although I didn't get one particular guy who really wanted to date me more, there were a couple that I was pretty comfortable with. I hadn’t had much dates before California Singles, but now, I lost count. I am definitely happy with them.

I had a couple of dates with a couple of ladies from California Singles. I'm a little over 6’2” and I am extremely partial to tall ladies. The last two dates I had, both of them made the cut. They are tall. They were about 5’8”, 5’9” and to me that is just about as perfect as it gets. And they have the profile in what I was interested in. There was another lady that I met. She was also around that height, unfortunately lived in Saratoga which is many miles away from where I am. Mileage on the freeways is a turn off. But what's a turn on is height. And if I can eliminate the driving, that's a boon. The lady I met from Los Cabos is absolutely gorgeous and super nice. But unfortunately, I use the term G U which stands for geographically undesirable. But I'd still recommend California Singles because the very brief experience I've had with this company was much better than my experience with their competitors.

Before I signed up with California Singles I was dating women I knew from yoga, from the gym I go to, and some down the neighborhood where I met them when we all walk our dogs. I've now met several women through Ashlee. She's always good, calls me up and tells me I'm off to go meet and make friends, to see if they want my phone number or if I want theirs, which then goes from there. I've asked her to hook me up with women my own age. Unfortunately, some of them are not from the Sacramento area which I wanted. Some were at Roseville or Yuba City which were just close to me, and the others were further away.

I was not having trouble finding dates, but I was just not finding quality guys that wanted to be in a committed relationship which I wanted so it led me to use California Singles. Ashlee, my matchmaker was amazing. I loved her. She was very personable and professional. She’s very easy to talk to, genuinely was on your side and was truly looking for a quality guy that would fit you. I am now seeing the third match that they matched me up and we are committing ourselves right now to each other. I’d certainly recommend California Singles.

It has been a great experience with California Singles. My first couple of matches (especially the first one) were not so great. But the person they matched me with just's turned into a very nice relationship. They did a very good job.

Before I went to California Singles, I had an active dating life but it was just dating and not much. A lot of my friends go online dating and they lie a lot. I don't want somebody to date. I can have somebody to date. I want a relationship with somebody that will match up with me. California Singles matched me with 10 different guys. There were two guys that were close but then ended up just wanting to see me once a week. That wasn't good enough for me. I wanted more of a relationship and not just dating once a week. I can do that on my own.

Some of the dates provided by my matchmaker weren't so good. The first one was a chef and I'm a picky eater. It's hard to figure that out because that was not on the questionnaire. But then they were trying to fine tune my likes and dislikes, figuring out who would be good for me, and getting those types of people. My matchmaker Donni is very attentive and we are doing good. She listens to what I have to say and actually got me together with the guy that I'm dating right now.

California Singles was good as delivered as far as matching me up with people. I met several interesting people who were professional and very nice as advertised. I didn't see pictures of people first. So when I met them, the most difficult thing to gauge was how I was going to feel about their physical attractiveness when I met them. And that was variable because I didn't see pictures first which wasn't a filter.

It's a different dating experience than online where I'm looking at pictures going with that first. And then going from there further. They provided viable service. They're motivated to pick everyone that they take, so they hard sell people that they have to place. In other words, once they take somebody's money, they've got to place them on dates. So one of the things is they'll mix bag them. They'll get dates with some pretty attractive people that are professional and like they're interested in. But then they also have to take some that may not be so attractive because they got to place them cause they took their money. If I stick with them a while and go through the cycle, I'll get to date some people that are good candidates, but in the meantime I'll also have to go on dates that are never gonna work for me.

I'm in a unique situation because my wife passed away last December so I have not dated for 17 years. The want for an actual relationship led me to do a matchmaking service. I have two younger children and my thought was as I will jokingly say, I have a limited shelf life. I'm a 52 so I wanted to begin to meet women of my own age that were looking for something similar not knowing whether it would take a year or two years but at least go out there and meet people. I was cautious with other dating sites. It was good when they first came out but if you read them a lot of women are complaining. l tried California Singles and all the while skeptical to them.

I've had eight dates and I haven't done second dates. I've been looking for that extra connection if I'm gonna take a lot of time and effort to move beyond the first date. Ashlee understood and helped me with what I was looking for and we're getting better at it. I didn't meet someone and go, "that is not who Ashlee described about." I don't know if I'll meet that exact right person but I'm in accounting by profession so I will jokingly say they can only offer inventory which changes all the time. I find it easy to work with California Singles-- good communication, quality people.

I've had wonderful interactions with my matchmaker, Donni. So far I only had one date through California Singles but it was good.

My experience with California Singles has been good. Overall they do pretty well and I'm satisfied.

Before California Singles, my dating life was zero. It was nothing. I didn't date at all. Now, it's so fun, except **. He wasn't so good. But my very recent match was great. We're out of town from each other and, it's gonna be a little harder to get to know each other, being two and a half hours away. But other than that, one wasn't really a good match for me but the other three, I did want to go.

I had no dating life before using California Singles. I chose a matchmaking service over other dating options because I'm helpless with computers. The first dates provided by my matchmaker was wonderful. The second date was less so but I got the heads up. I approved the opportunity to meet this guy, but he's a smoker and I told them "no smoking." So the matchmaker did check with me in advance. But I thought I would be open-minded..

I had only one interaction with Ashlee. It was brief so I don't have much to report. I expected more questions about my first date. The way it was explained to me is that I go on my first date and then I'd be contacted by Ashlee who would get a lot of information from me about that first date, before pairing me with someone else. But as it turned out, she just told me who my second date was. And I said, "Don't you want to know about how it went with the first date?" She said, "Oh, no, I see what you wrote down here." But I had never written anything down about my first date, so I don't know what she was reading.

I was very comfortable with the first date, the first guy they matched me with. I only had one meal with the second guy for two hours and that's it. But my first date was very polite, respectful, interesting, and a great conversationalist. He was really great. But then after our fourth date, he just sent me a text message which said, "We're not a good fit," and so I thought that was rude.

Based on the first date, I would recommend California Singles to a friend. Based on all the negative feedback from my daters who claim that there are just a very small pool of candidates so they just match you with whoever comes on as the newest person, and based on the second date, the second choice that I wasn't interviewed about how I liked that first guy and what I'm looking for, so that it would be different from that or the same as that, and I didn't get any of that, I'm satisfied with them. Overall, my experience with California Singles was positive.

My experience with California Singles has been good. It offered a more extensive background check, so matchmaking was definitely more refined than what you would find in another match. The dates provided by my matchmaker were excellent. She was positive and encouraging. It is difficult to exactly match people, but she was good. People here are genuine, and those I have talked to are enthusiastic and they understand who you are and what you are looking for. I would recommend them.

I like that California Singles do the matching and the whole background check. I tried matching on my own but it was like talking on a computer; I'd rather talk face-to-face. Their people were also all really nice and easy to get along with, I didn't have any problems. The first lady that they hooked me up with was a perfect match as far as I was concerned but she didn't think so. We saw each other for about six weeks. I wanted to go further than she wanted to go so since she liked being single (she's been single for 10 years). Since she dropped me, I haven't really given that much of time. The other woman they hooked me up was a total no-go. So other than that one girl, they never did get one within my criteria. I wanted one younger than me - the other matches I had seemed to get a little bit younger but not as young as I'm looking for.

I'm satisfied with California Singles so far. I'm dating someone and we seemed to be getting along. We've been together now about four weeks and we've been going out on the weekends. We talk a lot and that's what I enjoy the most. I spend time on the phone with her and we're going to church together. I made suggestions about other things I want to do like having a day trip down to Monterey and we'll do that. So with that, I'm satisfied with the date and match I'm getting now. I like somebody who's also close, so both of us don't have to drive far.

My dating life was kind of nonexistent before joining California Singles and I just wanted to try it out and see if I like it. So far I've had one date.

I met with few different ladies and there was no connection whatsoever but then we finally got one that both of us found a good connection. My matchmaker Ashlee, was wonderful and she’s a lot of fun to talk to.

I was looking to make some friends and be able to meet some executives that were of my professional caliber. My dating life was pretty slim back then so I just thought it might be better to have somebody who's more objective to try to see what I needed and just take me out of the equation, so I tried California Singles. My matchmaker was always very positive and optimistic to try to find the right person for me. But some of her ideas of what were good were not in alignment with what I wanted so I don't think it was 100% accurate. She gave me decent people to date and I went to four dates but they weren't very positive. I had one fun date wherein we had a good time but it ended up not working out. I think what I'm wanting is generally hard or at least the right person is necessarily there but I haven't had the best luck so far.

I chose California Singles since I thought talking to somebody might work better than just trying to fill out a form. But my experience with them has been a hit and miss. I had checked off one item stating that that I was okay with someone having children, but I wasn't expecting somebody to have young children. I'm in my early 50s so I'm looking at retiring in a few years, not raising kids in a few years after I retire lol.

I've only been on two dates so far but I honestly feel the success of finding a match is basically as good as the size of the membership. The matchmakers know what they're doing but are limited with what they have. My matchmaker has been very friendly. We didn't get to meet face to face recently, we just did most of our interaction over the phone, but she accurately described my matches.

I met one girl in California Singles. We got together and she has moved in. Overall my experience with California Singles was quick and very good.

I've done some online dating, and have joined It's Just Lunch for a couple of years. I've been bouncing around with these dating services but not getting at what I felt was quality ladies, and so I tried, and recommend, California Singles. I figured that for the amount of money that I had to pay, I would get a higher level of ladies, which I have. Ashlee does a great job and she has already set me up with three ladies. I've gone out three times now with my last date, and we'll be going out some more. In fact, I called and put the dating on hold just so I can see if it's going to go anywhere with **.

I was already doing the dating online and it wasn't working out because they were matching me with people states away from me. I wanted something local so I did some research and the California Singles came up. I just put my information in, and that was it. The first date wasn't even a date because they handwrite most of the things so the guy didn't get the correct phone number and we didn't even meet. We just talked on the phone once and then second time, the guy that they matched me with wasn't even a match. It was horrible. The last time though was quite a match because the first time that we talked on the phone, I thought it was something different. So far it's not bad.

I know that the more you pay, the more service you will get. I really couldn't pay the high price, so I wasn't getting as much phone calls as I signed up with them since last October. I just got maybe three or four matches and I didn't even accept to meet some of them because they weren't what I was looking for. All of the matchmakers were very nice and understanding but Donni is my first matchmaker and the last one so far. I had a really good experience with her, and she was a good listener. She understood me because I wasn't into playing games but to find someone.

The only thing is that I'd like to have just one matchmaker through the process because as long as I'm talking to one person, that person starts understanding me better and I start connecting with that one matchmaker. They kept changing the matchmakers even though I requested it already. Unfortunately, it was like two or three people. But so far, it's been a really good experience. Thank you so much.

Before using California Singles, my dating life was non-existent, by choice. I decided to use their services because they go about selecting individuals for you to date and that's important. It was an excellent service and my matchmaker, ** was very professional. We had a good and pleasant working relationship and I've been to 5 or 6 dates. I didn't have a single bad date so I would certainly recommend them.

I was not happy at all with the first counselor California Singles gave me to work with. She was not friendly, not nice. I get very upset. It takes them forever to return a call and no matter when I call the person I want is never there. I don't get a friendly feeling. We don't get emails. If you'd go online, it's just a generic website. I think for what they charge they definitely need to be friendlier to their clients. But they've been persistent and I like Ashlee. She is much better.

At this point I am seeing someone that they did connect us with together. It's turning out very nice. We both put our memberships on hold while we're trying to figure out if we're going to pursue anything here. They finally set me someone that we seemed to be pretty compatible. So, hopefully, maybe this will work out. Now, I'm a little happier with it but still the first six months were horrible and they nearly was going to be taken to court because they didn't introduce me to anyone I felt was really compatible and I called them and it take three weeks before they could set me up with someone. I don't know what their rules are on re-matching but if you don't match, you shouldn't have to wait three more weeks to meet somebody else. I think that's ridiculous. I'm not really pleased with the whole way they run this at all.

California Singles Company Profile