Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
Wells Fargo Credit Cards
3.03/5

Wells Fargo Credit Cards

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Reviews

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I got my Propel credit card on 2/15/2019, and spend $4000 on 3/30/2019. They have promotion to spend $3000 in first 3 months and get 30k bonus point. Until today! 10/20/2019. I still haven’t receive my point!!!! I called the customer service... unfriendly. I feel really upset.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

We recently had fraudulent charges to Amazon on our Wells Fargo credit card. They told me that because we have used that same credit card for Amazon charges in the past, they would not investigate. Unbelievable! When I asked for a supervisor, the CSR argued with me for 10 minutes. The supervisor never did show up on the call. Canceling all credit cards and bank accounts with them now.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

It won't let me post without putting at least one star. It doesn't deserve that even. I just paid down to 10 dollars left on a $5,000 line of credit with Wells Fargo to decrease my debt to income ratio to increase my credit score. Instead Wells Fargo took the opportunity to decrease my credit limit from $5,000 to $600 in effect dropping my credit score even more. I have never been late with a payment with Wells Fargo for over 14 years back on Auto loans, credit cards, or line of credit, and this is how I am repaid. I made them money for over 14 year. I will call tomorrow and if it is not fixed all my credit accounts with them will be closed out, paid in full and my automatic deposit from my VA pay will be transferred to one of the other 3 banks I use. Checking and Savings will be withdrawn and accounts closed. I am a 100% disabled veteran and I am beyond disgusted by Wells Fargo's actions.

I have had nothing but issues with them over the 14 years. They want to treat me this way then they will lose far more customers than I. You think with all the trouble the Company has had getting caught doing things they shouldn't have done to customers they would try extra hard to keep the ones they have. But hey I am one little person right against a billion dollar company that can afford to throw away millions in fines. Well I am retired military and guess what, I have worldly connections as I have been all over the world. I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and those that know, this will not go away and I will not cease action.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Propel gives you a promotional period of 90 days to spend $3000. I made a payment on 6/27/2019, which cleared my bank the following day. Like previous reviewers, they are "holding" my ACH payment and denying me credit for an unspecified time, even after my bank has faxed them proof of payment as of yesterday, 7/8/2019.

I have $2000 left to spend to hit my promotional amount and have had a $0 balance since my payment cleared on 6/28/2019, but I have no available credit, because they "are allowed to hold payments for any reason for any period of time" even though this is found nowhere in our contract or their paperwork. Now, if the case is really in protecting their interests, I told them ACT IN GOOD FAITH and extend out the 90 days the time I've held a $0 balance, but my credit limit is being held and I DO NOT have access to the credit. They said no.

They are literally scamming people out of being able to hit their intro rewards. I've spent 5 hours on the phone between yesterday and today. Balance has been $0 since payment cleared on 6/28/2019. No credit has been available since payment was made, and no resolution as of yet. No trying to do right by customer with regards to inability to use card for now 15 days of 90 day promotional period. Good luck - my advice is to run far away!! FDIC NEEDS TO INVESTIGATE. FRAUD. SCAM.

Original review: June 25, 2019

They do not speak English, Wells Fargo put a charge through from a company I had cancelled the service with 4 years ago, reported the card missing so the credit card number, expiration date were changed, next year they put the same charge through. Put a block on the company making the charge, next year they put the same charge through. Each time I dispute it takes roughly 8 hours of time, multiple calls to people who do not speak English to get the charge removed.

I asked how could a charge go through with the credit card number, verification code and expiration date changed? They said they allow recurring charges to go through even if everything has changed.

Basically if you give any company your Wells Fargo credit card they can bill it until infinity, I guess the company new this because after I cancelled the service with them I have had charges from them every year for 5 years. Discover credit card is a million times better, customer service speaks English, charges to not go through if the card number has been changed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: June 15, 2019

I've banked with Wells Fargo since 2006 (13 years). I recently had a card cancelled for 2 missed payments -- completely my fault / accidental oversight in my bookkeeping -- which has never happened in the 13 years I've banked with them. The balance was less than $200, and I literally have 3 linked checking & saving accounts with them that could cover that balance 100x over. I even have a $650 "go-far rewards" balance more than able to cover the amount at the time of the cancellation.

After 2 missed payments, the account was cancelled, completely dropped off my online banking summary & sent to collections. Thankfully, I tried to activate the replacement card for that account and was informed of all the potential damage about to be done to my credit score. To clarify, the missed payments were my fault & clearly an accident (Wells Fargo shows impeccable payment history for my account). To drop the account from my online banking summary, rather than flag it in bright red, that it is closed and sent to collections is an astonishing misunderstanding of how that platform is leveraged for information. This is one of those moments where a large company has an opportunity to make a long standing brand ambassador feel satisfied, but instead they chose to lose me as a customer and reinforce a now terrible opinion of how they do business (over less than $200).

Original review: June 12, 2019

I got the Wells Fargo credit card. Made my first payment of around 180. Only put gas on it then made some larger purchases. Made payment in full of about 1780. They took the money from my account as I approved since I made the payment but then placed my Wells Fargo card on hold for 15 days. This is what I was told because I'm a new customer and it was a large payment. I said, "So I get penalised for making full payments on time?!?!" In order to remove this they want proof of it coming out of my bank account. A payment is a payment. How is it you can take 180 payment no problem? That was my balance then but when my balance was 1780 and paid in full you take the money then ace my card on hold for 15 days. Poor poor service. I would never recommend this company to anyone for anything. Had them as well for mortgage and I left because of the service.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Window World offers 18 months free financing through a Wells Fargo credit card. The free part is actually only 15 months and then if you don't pay off the card, which I hadn't because I thought it was 18m and I did not receive the all important 15th-month bill supposedly stating 'end of terms', you get the 15 months interest added back (@~28%!). I paid off the initial balance immediately, though two months late, when I finally received a paper bill (auto bill pay otherwise) and now they say they'll settle for 15% interest. Window World should stop using Wells Fargo and Wells Fargo should stop ALL of their nefarious tactics from foreclosures to fake accounts!!

Original review: May 31, 2019

We signed up for a 0% interest account when we bought some furniture. Make 12 equal payments and don't get charged any interest. I noticed that I never received a bill. I set up autopay from the bank, 12 equal installments. Got the first bill, noticed there was a credit balance due, perfect! Next bill, zero issues. Third bill noticed a late fee. Apparently, they started the billing cycle the day after they received our first payment. We are paying ahead.

Call to let them know, there have been 2 payments due and we've paid 3 times, should not be a late fee. Talked to 3 different people, including executive office. No one offered to fix it. I asked to have the late fee removed and paid it off and closed the account. I don't want to pay interest, because they slap a late fee on an account that has been paid monthly on the same day since before it was due. I feel that Wells Fargo is scamming people in this way and I will avoid doing business with them again in the future.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Rewards program can not be accessed unless you have an online acct. "Your acct. is not available" "error" or mainly their pages not accessible. Credit card sign up with a cash reward appears to be another Wells Fargo scam.

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Company Information