2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Wells Fargo Credit Cards

Wells Fargo Credit Cards
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.32/5

Wells Fargo is a national bank with branches in many communities. Its services include home loans, mortgage refinancing and home equity loans. Explore mortgage information, affordability calculators and home loan shopping tools on its website. If you’re interested, apply online or talk to a Wells Fargo mortgage consultant in your area.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

My credit history is still going down because I closed my credit card account in Wells Fargo, when I see my history I there is only the closing of my credit card account, I never recommend this glue pool to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

After receiving two robocalls trying to sell me a credit card, I called the number back. When I asked the customer service rep to remove my name from your list, he hung up on me before I finished my sentence.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I had decided to close all my accounts with Wells. I was required to have a customer service person assist with the closing of my credit card. In closing I was showing a credit still pending from Wells. They suggest they send me a check for that credit. They did send they check, then because I was slow in cashing it, they sent a letter asking for me to cash it so I did. At some point a merchant issued my closed credit card a credit, so Wells unknown to me try to take their check amount out of my closed card so they go to my closed savings account, then I get hit with a bounced check fee because they tried to take the funds from a closed account. Long and short a month went by so now they consider these things late and hit my credit with a late payment.

My credit has never had a late pay, so they have damaged my credit rating. All of this over $30.48. I've spent at least 2-3 hours of time on the phone trying to get this resolved. They act like robots. All of this after I've been a customer for nearly 30 years, of a number of accounts and mortgages that have been paid off,. Unbelievable, damaging, and just not right.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I used a Wells Fargo credit card for almost two years and had a fine experience for the majority of the time (hence 2 stars rather than 1). However, they have now changed my contact information twice without my consent, so I have just canceled the account. It is very unsettling to see account information updated and changed without requesting it. I called twice to try to root cause the issue and both times was told that they had no idea how the changes were made.

To address their idea that this account info change was somehow malicious/fraudulent, I had reviewed all of the account activity going back months before I had this issue and nothing was out of the ordinary, in addition to the new contact information being related to my previous personal info (why would a thief add the general inquiry landline phone number of my previous employer as an account contact?). Wells Fargo clearly storing critical account information in a flawed system which allows for changes to occur inexplicably without the account owner's consent. This has caused more headache in the last month than any credit card is worth, so I am jumping ship. Beware that your information may not be stored and retained in a secure way, and that system volatility can lead to potential account security issues.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Wells Fargo's call-in Customer Service seems to have only one purpose, sell you something. If you try to write-in a request; they will respond to the first keyword and answer the most likely question based on the keyword. They act as a business going out of business. It's a race to the lowest common denominator.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I called to dispute transaction that was not made by me. I approved my son to used my card before but the company he used it for has recurring charges. The lady who was suppose to help me In the Dispute department, was rude and did not agree that I should get my money back. I asked to speak to her supervisor. She said no, her supervisor was busy and I could not speak to her. Then after further, pushes to speak to the supervisor. The lady puts me on hold for 30 min went by and I just hung up. Her name was RAYES she said, but I don't even believe that. She should not be working in a place where she has to deal with the public because she has a nasty attitude.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I've had this credit card since 1975 and have never had an issue w/ either billing or payment. I always pay off the full amount every month and there is no fee if statement amount is paid in full.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I received 1 notification saying that my credit card was closed due to lack of payment. It was due to a fraudulent charge of $10 on eBay. I did not get any other warnings. Yes, I can pay $10. But I didn't know (didn't check the statement since I hadn't used it in months). They lied about fraudulent transaction appeal, and finally said that once closed, it cannot be re-opened. My credit score dropped almost 100 points... During my home refinancing process, too! I truly hate Wells Fargo; and I usually don't use the word hate.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Hi, I have had a credit card of Wells Fargo Bank and never complaint about anything since I applied for the card 10 years ago. I never had problems with them. But they've sent me a copy of my credit card without my request or approval when I have it already and it expires after 1 year (2021). The copy of this credit card they sent me was stolen in the mail box and illegally swiped in the pharmacy store (by the way, they have very stupid security system as you don't need to answer smart questions or tell them your ssn to activate the new credit card found in your mail box. In Wells Fargo Bank anyone can activate the new card found in your mail box if he tells to the automated voice your name and billing address which anyone can see on the envelope).

Ultimately, they rejected to issue me a refund for illegal transaction I didn't do even though they can see that I never bought any item costs hundreds of dollars within 10 years and also I never asked them to issue me any refund. Above all they don't care about their reputation, good customers, and they don't use logic and mind. Now I need to file a report to police and prove that I am not an author of the big purchase occurred in the pharmacy. My credit card history might be spoiled now. My message to people is to avoid such banks as Wells Fargo because they have very poor security system and they don't care about their customers and credit cards safety. I am going to close my credit card.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Had WF CC account for 10 years +. Suddenly in 2019, I had problems logging in all the time with login failures. After six months and probably 20 hours of support calls and renewing logins and passwords, they finally say that their system is old and requires new logins and passwords EVERY 60 DAYS. This is absolutely unacceptable. I would rather walk through broken glass than to deal with Wells Fargo again. I have over 100 passwords and logins to manage. I certainly don't need ANY of them requiring new updates when no breach or threat to security has been experienced.

To make matters worse, they have TWO websites....one for making payments and another to review the balance on your account? How ridiculous is that? So making payments is difficult as hell since customers are routinely locked out and you can't easily follow your status since you need DIFFERENT logins, different passwords and different websites to manage. AND they change every 60 days. Wells Fargo, Fire your managers. They suck. What recourse do consumers have to correct their credit reports for having a couple late payments due to login issues? Wells Fargo needs a class action suit.

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Company Information