2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Wells Fargo Credit Cards

Wells Fargo Credit Cards
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

Wells Fargo is a national bank with branches in many communities. Its services include home loans, mortgage refinancing and home equity loans. Explore mortgage information, affordability calculators and home loan shopping tools on its website. If you’re interested, apply online or talk to a Wells Fargo mortgage consultant in your area.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Reviews

Original review: May 27, 2020

Had WF CC account for 10 years +. Suddenly in 2019, I had problems logging in all the time with login failures. After six months and probably 20 hours of support calls and renewing logins and passwords, they finally say that their system is old and requires new logins and passwords EVERY 60 DAYS. This is absolutely unacceptable. I would rather walk through broken glass than to deal with Wells Fargo again. I have over 100 passwords and logins to manage. I certainly don't need ANY of them requiring new updates when no breach or threat to security has been experienced.

To make matters worse, they have TWO websites....one for making payments and another to review the balance on your account? How ridiculous is that? So making payments is difficult as hell since customers are routinely locked out and you can't easily follow your status since you need DIFFERENT logins, different passwords and different websites to manage. AND they change every 60 days. Wells Fargo, Fire your managers. They suck. What recourse do consumers have to correct their credit reports for having a couple late payments due to login issues? Wells Fargo needs a class action suit.

Original review: April 29, 2020

Applied for a Wells Fargo Propel Card. Denied. Reason: previous late history with Wells Fargo. Had difficulty making mortgage payments 7 years ago and Wells Fargo holds it against you. Never burnt them for any money. I could have through a Chapter 7 BK, but continued to pay. So, moving forward, I have paid on time (less than 30 days late) for 7 years and they can't find it in their hearts to forgive. If you are ever late with WF, forget about anything in the future. They hold a grudge.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Terrible experience with Wells Fargo. I wished I had never obtained a credit card from Wells Fargo. I took advantage of 0% transfer offer. However, they start charging interest on purchases immediately after the 0% balance is on the card. In order to avoid any interest, you have to pay off the entire balance including the 0% balance. Makes no sense, they charged me balance transfer fee and they charge me interest on that balance because I made other purchases. I truly hope this awful bank goes out of business. No wonder they have such a poor reputation! Not one of my better decisions.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I will start out by saying I have been a Wells Fargo credit card holder for the past 19 years. In those 19 years, I have used my card every single month, made every single payment on time, to the point where my credit limit was steadily increased to $15,000. Just recently, I logged into my account as my card was rejected. There was a heading that noted "this account is closed." Fast forward, I spent 9 days and over 5 hours on the phone and in person with Wells Fargo. It took me 5 days before I could even get a hint of what may have occurred. I was repeatedly told, "I have no information, you will receive a letter that explains everything in detail." That letter provided zero detail and only eluded to "potential fraudulent activity."

This boiled down to two payments to my WF account from an external bank that were insufficient. Somehow, that was deemed fraudulent. I spoke to 5-6 account specialists, as well as the "highest level" executive at WF and NO ONE was able to resolve this issue. They simply reiterated my account was permanently closed. Then had the audacity to invite me to open a new account. Lack of compassion, understanding, and zero client loyalty. Wells Fargo was our family's primary bank for nearly 2 decades, checking, savings, credit, and we will now act as quickly as we can to dissolve all other accounts. We have never been treated so poorly from a business we have been so loyal.

Original review: March 19, 2020

Last year, I applied for a Wells Fargo Propel AMEX Credit Card online after it was massively advertised online and in the bank offices. I even went through the cards offerings with a personal bank and everything seemed standard. The standard 0% APR for the first 12 months was on offer plus a generous reward point system. I primarily went for an AMEX card because of the generous reward structure.

I later received a notification that the credit card has 9 months 0% intro APR instead of the standard 0% intro APR for 12 months. As if that wasn't enough, they also drastically slashed the rewards. I called the customer office to complain and referenced the card description that was still up on their website. They accused me of not reading the terms and conditions and refused any form of redress. The worst part of this is the dishonesty. I've always been a customer of Wells Fargo and it felt disappointing that they took my loyalty for granted.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: March 11, 2020

On Feb 27, 2020 I purchased an inexpensive $300 chair from Bob's Furniture. They offered free financing for 6 months so I said sure. I did not know it was with Wells Fargo when I applied. I was approved and they made me sign and agree to receiving all my billing and transactions online. I agreed. It is now March 11, 2020 and I have not heard 1 peep from Wells Fargo.

I finally scoured my spam folder and found an email from Bob's Furniture with a phone number. I contacted the customer service dept. who was extremely unhelpful and also raised several concerns for me. 1st - they claimed to have sent me my card on 2/18/2020, 9 days before I actually applied. 2nd - they wanted me to give them my phone number so they could text me, 2 party verification.??? Ah I could be anyone giving any phone number and you would 2 party verify ANYONE under those circumstances. I asked them to read me the phone number and/or just send the text and they refused. I caved in, they sent me a text. I am now verified even though I gave them the phone number to text me at. 3rd - I wanted to cancel the card that was floating out in the mail somewhere, pay off the account and be done with it... turns out that is monumentally difficult! They now want even more info to verify me.

4th - After me explaining I was not comfortable divulging any more information and asked to be transferred to a supervisor. 5th - The supervisor wanted to reverify all my info again, asking me for my phone number and now my social security number! Now I am super suspicious, I explained how I got this number and was very concerned it may be a scam and asked if he could just send the code like the previous rep. He adamantly refused to the point where he told me the ONLY way we could proceed was if I gave him my social security. I asked to be transferred to the fraud department. He did transfer me somewhere - the executive department - fancy name total B.S. She did however ultimately help me. I did pay off the $353 however now I am talking to my bank to confirm no other transactions come through. I would Run, Run , Run, from this financial institution!

Original review: March 10, 2020

I applied for a Bob’s Discount Furniture credit card online on March 1st, 2020. I was approved and was told someone was going to contact me. Fast forward to today, March 10th, not a peep from anyone. I called Bob’s Customer Service. They were very helpful and looked up the things I wanted in their inventory and answered all of my questions but they had no record of me applying. I had to check my credit report to see what the inquiry was listed as because Bob’s goes through 3 different creditors. It was Wells Fargo that approved me. So, the Bob’s Discount sales associate was nice enough to give me the customer service number for them.

So, I call Wells Fargo and the customer service representative couldn’t find my application or any record of me for a half an hour. Finally, he came back on the phone and asked for my phone number. I gave it to him and he said, “Oh, this must be why.” At this point I’m thinking, ok, I gave you my ssn and dob multiple times, you don’t find anything, but something magically popped up when I gave you my cellphone number after 30 mins of being in hold? Odd. He proceeds to tell me, “You have been denied and you will get something in the mail within 30 days.”

What? I was already approved? Is this letter going to explain why I was approved and then denied? Because I know it’s not because of my credit, I have “EXCELLENT” credit according to TransUnion and CreditWise. The whole thing just seems fishy. I’ve never experienced such unprofessionalism. No email, no phone call and I had to track them down. They approved me, then couldn’t find my information, then denied me.

My plan was to get my living room furniture from Bob’s and close out my Jordan’s furniture account, but now Jordan’s will be the one getting my business. I called Bob’s to let them know that, and give them the heads up that they’re losing business because of them. Who else did this happen to and didn’t tell them? I was looking forward to becoming a transferring customer, but I won’t be letting my credit suffer to do so.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I’m cutting up this card. Had Wells Fargo for our mortgage, and they were great. Credit cards are a different story. It took 2 weeks and a 50 min drive to their nearest branch for multiple payments to show on my card. Mind you, the payment was already taken from my checking account. “It takes longer for large payments to go thru” I was told. Now, I’ve been fighting fraudulent charges for months. They credit my account and charge it back on alternating statements. I’ve never had an experience like this before with a credit card company. No answers, fraudulent charges treated like a shell game.... Stay away from their credit cards.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

These thieves charged my bank twice in one month for my credit card payment, as soon as my pay hit my other bank I'm changing my account number so Wells Fargo can't charge me twice again! This bank is a joke. Stay away from them, they recently shut my two accounts down. I could care less because they are involved in shady practices, even when I say no to overdraft they will still let a payment go through just so they can milk you, Microsoft didn't been have my account number just my debit card number and wells Fargo still let their payment went through even though I didn't have enough funds and I declined overdraft. I am now with a credit union and these ** charged my bank twice. Now I'm going to have to change my account number to get rid of these leeches!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I held a Wells Fargo credit card for three years with excellent standing history. I make 100 grand a year but they refuse to give me a credit line above 1700. I have had and still do have a very good credit history with them and all other loans and cards I have, but still they would not recognize these facts! When you make a payment on your card they will take it out of your account and will not credit it to your card for three to four days after they debit your account. After fighting with them over all of this for three years they have truly made me feel like a non-valued customer. I have just recently canceled my card with them and will never choose any of their cards again and I highly recommend anyone else to choose their credit elsewhere!

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Company Information