2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Wells Fargo Credit Cards

Wells Fargo Credit Cards
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.72/5

Wells Fargo is a national bank with branches in many communities. Its services include home loans, mortgage refinancing and home equity loans. Explore mortgage information, affordability calculators and home loan shopping tools on its website. If you’re interested, apply online or talk to a Wells Fargo mortgage consultant in your area.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

My Wells Fargo Visa Card has a very high limit and the interest rate is low. Of course I pay my balance each month so there really isn't any interest. I also get cash back on my purchases. There is no annual fees as well. I would recommend this card to everyone with good credit.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I have used it all over the world. It is always accepted. The customer service is wonderful. They spend the time necessary to solve whatever problem might arise. Moreover, their anti-fraud department is extraordinary. They contact me right away if any spending appears out of the ordinary.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I liked the zero percent introductory offer for two years. I like the website, it's very easy to access and use to check balances and pay bills. I like the rewards, money back on purchases.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I've had this credit card since 1975 and have never had an issue w/ either billing or payment. I always pay off the full amount every month and there is no fee if statement amount is paid in full.

Original review: April 3, 2021

Worse bank ever to finance something through... I had something financed through them going on 4 years with no missed payments...but this was the only account I didn't have on auto draft because their system wouldn't let me register... In January of this year I called in and made a payment. Showed them the call records and everything. Somehow they messed up on their end and didn't process the payment.... Now I'm dealing with a missed payment on my credit...so after calling in I find out I couldn't register because my account was under the wrong social but they had the right social at one time because that was the only way they could put the missed payment on my credit... I've never had a missed payment in over 10 years. This is so stressful... I will never deal with this bank again...

Original review: March 29, 2021

I have now spent over 5 hours of my valuable time just trying to get a credit card issue resolved. The workflow and process are customer-unfriendly. I am changing all my accounts from Wells Fargo to an online bank that does care about CSAT.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Background: I attempted to purchase an annual gift card to Play Station Live ($60.00) and a general gift card for $50.00 on 01/30/2021 in addition to a few other items at a local name brand store. The cashier stated that the transaction amount of $165.62 could not be made using my debit card because it appeared my bank would not allow for debit purchases to buy gift cards. So she canceled the entire amount and I paid for the other purchases separately totaling $50.72.

The cashier then tried to ring up the gift cards together in a separate purchase for the amount of $114.90 but stated that the transaction with my card would still not go through. I told her to just cancel the transaction and I would obtain the cards at another store. She told me that she was canceling it but did not give me a receipt. I proceeded to leave and went to my bank's ATM and pulled out the cash to purchase the gift cards at another store so if what the cashier had stated was true about not being able to purchase the gift cards, there would not be an issue. I bought both gift cards at another store.

I get home that night and checked my account. Guess what? The cashier never canceled the transaction! I have a charge for $114.90 after the $50.72 charge. Then the other transaction that follows is the cash that I pulled out at a bank ATM. I filed a fraud complaint right away with my bank explaining what happened. They take up to ten business days to resolve complaints. They denied my fraud claim today, 02/10/2021.

So my question is if the employee did a bait and switch to steal them from me or if she failed to properly cancel the transaction how/why am I responsible?! My bank is refusing to refund the $114.90 and I have been with them for 24 years. Regardless of employee error or theft, I am the one who is screwed and my bank thinks I am a liar who is trying to swindle them for $114.90.

So I emailed the store tonight and added them to the BBB since that particular store number was not on there and I needed to file a complaint with them too. I was also able to upload photo attachments of my truth of events on the BBB site. I am hoping that the store will be more compassionate and understanding of what occurred than the bankers I dealt with.

The employee either messed up or stole from me, so yes the store should be liable for the refund and not my bank. However, after pretty much being called a liar I am done with my bank. The only other 4 times I have called in a fraud complaint in 24 years was when STEAM hacked my card and the three other times were at a gas station pump. I stopped using my card at the pump and no longer use my account cards for online gaming for my kids (gift cards only). The last claim was about 6 years ago.

As a working professional, I know have to open a new account at another financial institution, then pull out my paycheck to deposit into the new one until my direct deposit can go through. This is going to be an absolute nightmare. As a dedicated customer for almost a quarter of a century, I should not be treated as a lying criminal.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I had a very bad experiences with the Wells Fargo credit card customer service team. A moving company robbed me over $1,000. I trusted Wells Fargo to fight for me and reported to them immediately after I learned it was a scam... Big mistakes!!!! Wells Fargo wasted my time and did nothing but telling me after two months, that the case was closed. I really feel unsafe to use their credit card. Seems like they are NOT interested in protecting our interest as what other banks do. A week ago, I decided to close this credit card. When I called to pay off the credit card, I realized I was one day late of the due date. The customer service agent assured me not to worry as he would waive the possible late charge... I trusted them again. The Credit Card was closed with zero balance. Another big mistake!!!

Today, a week later, I am showing my account was charged with Late Fee and Interest for the one day late which totals over $60. I hate to call them again!!!! It really really caused me a lot hassle to use their credit card. You cannot believe that Bank like Wells Fargo has such careless and incompetent staff. We also decided to close our Checking and Saving account with them...which is such a pain as we have our retirement account with them for over 20 years... Here is my 2 cents: Choose other credit card company. I DO NOT recommend Wells Fargo!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

I had someone who is much smarter than Wells Fargo security use my card to get cash out of Gas Station ATM’s. This was in a location four plus hours from where I’m located during COVID. Wells Fargo will not credit me back the amount of money I lost. It’s a substantial amount as well. This is even after contacting their Executive Team, each one of them. Guess that $4Billion plus fine they had to pay was too much for them and they’ll make it up little by little by taking advantage of their customer base.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I have followed all the procedures and the timeframes. Called your customer service endless time but it is impossible to get a resolution. I have waited and submitted all information needed and still no resolution. With COVID it should not take 9 months to get a resolution. You need to train your customer service and hire more people so someone can answer the phone. It is unfair to hold my money for this long especially during difficult times. Listen to your client and try to help get a regulation.

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Company Information