Hot-Line Credit Card Bureau of America

Out of Business

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The house I live in has been in my family for 75 years. I assumed ownership of the house 23 years ago when my grandmother died. Today a letter came from Hot-Line addressed to Florence ** informing that her Hot-Line membership would be cancelled March 31, 2016 if immediate action was not taken. Florence **, my dear sweet grandmother, has been dead since January 1990. Apparently this company trolls old databases, finds names and sends out mass mailings to see in anything will stick. Complete frauds!! Discard any info from them immediately. There's nothing real about Hot-Line!!

Concur with Randy of Greenwood, SC on Jan. 30, 2016: Got a letter saying they were "cancelling my account" with them March 31, 2016. I never HAD signed up with them! They had a "membership number" for me. It sounds like a credit card scam. It seems many people got this letter. Luckily I change my cards once a year, so any info they have is wrong. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. THEY MAY BE PHISHING!!! Originally "Trilegiant," I used them LONG AGO thru Wells Fargo Bank. I called asking them who they were. They said a credit card fraud protection service & they needed my name & address. I said my membership number is good enough to locate my file. They said they needed my info to verify the membership. I Googled finding they might've moved to Canada - Affinion Security Center or Aimia Proprietary Loyalty Canada. Google "855-444-8283." SCAM! Need to examine my bank statements!

Got a letter saying they were "cancelling my account" with them March 2016. I never HAD signed up with them! They had a "membership number" for me. I called and asked them who did this and they said "a financial institution". I said which one and when, and they knew nothing. I cancelled immediately. It sounds like a credit card scam. It seems many people got this letter. Luckily I change my cards once a year, so any info they have is wrong. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. THEY MAY BE PHISHING.

I was offered a $20 rebate on a TV purchase by Hot Line if I would try their product for 30 days. I accepted this offer. It was to be completed within the next 2-3 weeks with an email due in the next 5 days. Instead, I received a postcard that said their services were not currently available in my area. When I called about my rebate, I was told that since I was not a member (membership they denied me) I could not receive the rebate!

I called the phone number listed on my Hotline Credit Card Bureau of America business card. Guess what? They told me they know nothing about my account. My "membership number" does not exist. Isn't that cute? What have they done with all the information I gave them when I signed up? Who has the information that my membership was supposed to protect? I don't know what to do. I am considering calling all my credit card accounts, and asking for a new account number. Any suggestions?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hot-Line Credit Card Bureau of America?

I received a membership renewal notice from HOT-LINE Credit Card Bureau of America on 02/15/2012 saying that my 3 years' membership is due and my next 3-year membership term will begin on 02/02/2012. I've never knew I was a member of HOT-LINE credit card protection program. This is the 1st letter I've ever received from them. When I called to find out what was going on, they told me I was a member ever since 1996. Well, I can't recall if I ever signed up 16 years ago. However, I've never heard of this company and have no clue I am even a member of it. That means they have been secretly billing me on my credit card in the past. They make me feel they are the one conducting the fraudulent use of my credit card not the one that protects its customers. Everyone be aware!

I received a letter stating that my subscription is about to expire. I have never enrolled in this company. Furthermore, they stated that if I do nothing, my credit card account will be charged $89.95 for a 3-year membership.

I recieved a letter/packet from this business telling me my membership was about to expire and I should renew now. I have never signed up for this or any other similar service. They promise access to emergency cash, and emergency plane tickets while mentioning in a footnote that this is considered a cash advance subject to finance rates. They include forms for registering all of my credit cards with them. I get little red stickers too, how helpful.

Automatic renewal. Cannot cancel as their 800 number disconnects you "due to a high number of calls". $119.99 automatically charged to account.

Hot-Line Credit Card Bureau of America Company Profile