Find a Prepaid Cards partner

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

About Green Dot Prepaid Cards

Green Dot Prepaid Cards are a convenient money-management solution for consumers looking for help sticking to their budget. Unlike a traditional credit card, Green Dot’s prepaid cards do not let you use more money than is on the card.

Pros

• No overdraft fees
  • Use anywhere that accepts Visa
  • Free deposits and retailer withdrawals

Cons

• $2,500 card maximum
  • Various added fees

Bottom Line

With free deposits, transfers and withdrawals from retailers, Green Dot cards are a versatile financial option accepted at many places. But with many hidden fees and a $2,500 maximum, it’s not a one-size-fits-all solution.

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

Green Dot Prepaid Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Green Dot Prepaid Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Green Dot?

Original review: June 6, 2018

Green Dot Bank blocked my card on May 2018. I've called this company several times. They keep giving me the runaround regarding the block on my card. I'm not able to pay my daily expense's because my money is this card. Now they had the nerve to tell me that they're going to turn my money over to the state. How in the hell! I'm going to report this company to CFPB and FDIC since they claim they're a bank and my funds are cover under FDIC. Do not get this prepaid card!!!

Original review: June 6, 2018

Worst customer service. Writing this while I've been on hold for 30 mins, with no update regarding how long it will take. The reoccurring issue I have is that they keep declining purchases without letting me know why. And then I have to call in, and then they have you on hold for longer than 30 minutes. It's insane and infuriating. The only reason I have the ** card is to send money to family members and they make this process extremely painful.

Hi Brandee,

We tried to contact you regarding your concerns with your account, but haven’t been able to reach you. It’s important to us that we speak with you so that we can work towards resolving your concern. Please contact us directly so that we may assist you further.

Original review: June 6, 2018

This card is the worst thing I have ever used. I just got scammed out of 1000$. I bought 2 of these card and wanted to use them to buy something online. I tried to register the cards but it would not let me. It said this card cannot be verified. Please try again later. I called the company. It was a computer taking. I entered my card number and it said I have the money inside but I can’t use this card to buy anything. I would not recommend this card to anyone.

Hi Haolin,

Original review: June 5, 2018

Avoid this card at all cost. Fees for everything. Horrible customer service. 35 to 60 minutes hold time if you call. They charge you monthly, charge you to add money, the place you add money charges you. They charge you if you do anything. Their app is useless if you are trying to get a refund on a payment sent in error. They do not care about you.

Hi George,

Original review: June 5, 2018

I have already have Visa Green Dot card and I bought a $300 MoneyPak card for My husband. 6/1/18 he tried to use it and he couldn't so I tried to put it back on my Visa Green Dot. Well it said failed due to Suspicious Activities. Well I called green dot. They said I can go for refund so I tried. They said it will take 3 weeks for my check come in mail. Yesterday 6/3/18 I got a $50 card to load to my visa to use and it failed due to Suspicious Activity. I called and got hung up on 3 times 4 time. One person that was suppose to be in charge gave me a fake reading on my card saying I had 275 dollars on my visa and I knew that wasn't right. I had 7.98 neg so from 300$ that's not right. Phone hung up on me. I called again. It said neg 7.98 on it. They lied. And I hung on the phone. For 1 hour no one helped me. I reported them as a scam. I can't even request refund for my $50 so I am screwed out of $350 plus fees!

Updated on 07/18/2018: I have just got this message you tried to contact me. I did get my money for the cards. Thank you. But I still lost out on 50$ I purchased it. I have my receipt and card I bought. I got letters saying not to buy Green Dot No More. I been waiting on my refund. It wants me to send my license proof who I am and my purchase. I don't mind doing that. I have bought 1000$ of dollars in your Green Dot because my husband can't have money. I am not a SCAM or want to be scammed. But I can prove everything cause I keep all my receipt cause of this issue with Green Dot. Thank you.

Hi Tracie,

Original review: June 4, 2018

I am writing this complaint because I feel very dissatisfied and not supported by the corporation that handles my funds. I attempted to take out $400 from an ATM machine about a month ago. The money never came out of the ATM machine, but was subtracted from my Green Dot account. I contacted Green Dot immediately that evening, and then again after it posted because I was told it needed to post first. I filed a dispute and now a month later, I still have not received my money back. The cardholder agreement states that after 10 days, if they need more time, they will provide a credit to your card so that you will "have the value during the time it takes to complete the investigation". It has been over 10 days, about a month since the incident, and I have not received anything. I have bills and a life to pay for and take care of, and having an amount like $400 taken from my account when I never got the money is just unacceptable.

To make matters worse, if Green Dot does not give back the money after 10 days then their card holder agreement should not state this. If there are footnotes or incidents which make that statement different than my lawyer says the cardholder agreement should be changed. I have never written a complaint in my life, but this is my money, my life, my bills and it's $400, which is a lot of money. I do understand that everyone has lines they need to follow, but if I am wrong then take the money back. This is absurd to have $400 of my own money held from me due to an ATM machine error. I mean they could ask for the camera from the store or fight harder for their customers. I mean even the tone when I talk to them is truly upsetting, for again, this is a lot of money. I plan to continue to write reviews, make phone calls and have my lawyer address what he can on his end until this situation is rectified.

Hi Johonna,

Original review: June 4, 2018

I called customer service and spoke to someone about a hold that was placed on my card for hotel stay. The rep told me I had to call the hotel so they could release the funds. So after calling the hotel and being informed they released the funds the morning I left I called Green Dot back and after a 45 minute wait the customer service agent hung up on me, when I called back and finally got through after 30 minutes the rep was rude and uninformed.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on a 15 min hold once again only to be told he is still searching for one... After another 20 minutes he came back on to say that he is unable to find one and that once one was available I would be contacted with a phone call. The rep was rude and condescending. His name was Mark. ID #**. No one ever contacted me and my money still is not available. I've called back and at this point have been on hold another 40 minutes so far. This is the worst customer service I have even dealt with and can only give bad reviews.

Hi Deborah,

Original review: June 3, 2018

Green Dot is a joke, I have had this card for a while now and it states if you deposit over $1000 there is no monthly fee. Well that's not the case. They charge me every month, and will not reimburse me. Says they can't, charge for atm, I get charged their fee and the atm fee. It's B.S. Will close this account and will not open another one.

Hi Lois,

Original review: June 3, 2018

Well I was booking a flight to Vegas and a alert popped up in my email. They ask me to send in a photo of my license in which I did. The site stated it received it and now Green Dot saying they couldn't read it clearly. Which I know it was clear as possible. So now my money is stuck in their account which it was put on this call list. So basically I feel they going to take my money. It keep say the card is closed. But I need my money.

Hi Darrell,

Original review: June 3, 2018

About 2 weeks ago I upgraded to a VIP card... The card split in half a little more than halfway already to the point where you can see how the 2 cards were “sealed” into one card. The first day I used it the clear film on the front started peeling off. It's very flimsy compared to the basic card I have been using since 2013. That's some top of the line V.I.P status. Then the support specialist told me in order to get a new card means I have to take all the money off of this one and wait 10 days at max to receive my new card. TF. I don't have time to go ATM to ATM to withdraw money when I already said I have my old card which doesn’t expire until 2019 so I can use that instead. But to make all that bs more appealing... They said the new VIP card would be free of charge. Lol smfh. How about make the VIP card more sturdy instead of sticking them together with a melted crayon.

Hi Joshu,

Original review: June 1, 2018

Green Dot, like many credit card issuers, monitors its customers’ accounts for fraud. If it suspects fraudulent activity, it will block your account, notify you, and give you a chance to determine whether the transactions at issue are valid. What a false and misleading statement, based on all of the reviews I have read about blocked accounts. You are never notified before they block it, based on reviews, and my personal experience. And then you go through hoops trying to get it unblocked while Green Dot gets interest off it and you can't pay your bills. I like all the rest, contacted the number on the credit card, only to not have an option for blocked cards.

So after going through most all options available, I finally spoke with a representative who very quickly gave me the email address to send my driver's license to, which later I found out, through another representative after waiting another hour on the phone on-hold waiting for a representative to take my call. So here we go again, I emailed my driver's license with my case number. So I waited two days, because that was the time span before lifting your block and called back. Waited another hour to speak with a person, because I told her that I was getting a direct deposit coming in and would it be blocked. She assured me yes. So before able to make arrangements to get a check instead of direct deposit, my direct deposit mysteriously was accepted and my card is still unusable.

As many others, I am not in a financial position for my card to be blocked for one day, but certainly not for a week, maybe longer, who knows, because now I get to call again and wait an hour on hold while not being able to pay my rents and other late fees adding up, because I can't pay the smaller bills either. So I expect to be compensated for my damages when the block is lifted because no one can afford or has the time to play these games while Green Dot absorbs the interest off the accounts.

Hi Rebecca,

Original review: June 1, 2018

Look, I like the idea! However, you launched too early. You have no support! I am trying to build credit so I'm taking this seriously. I lost my card, and I call in to report it, but I can't talk to anyone without the card number! This has to be a joke! I try using my social but it never recognizes me. I log in and only get 1 number to call. The same one I have called 10 times. No email or anything! They have no support! What am I supposed to do? This is crazy!

Hi Christopher,

Original review: May 31, 2018

I moved across town in December 2017. If I use my new address to buy a Green Dot card, I find I can only use the cash balance and in person. I bought this recent one to pay a little on the electric bill. Buffalo has no National Grid offices. You take the money, you take the $7.95 fee, and for my balance I can only go to a store. It's nuts. You verify my SS number, ask me the same security questions I have always had... But move 2 miles away... Green Dot is like, "Screw You! We don't know you!" I want to use the balance on the internet.

Hi Tracy,

Original review: May 31, 2018

Wednesday 5/23/2018 a block was placed on my account without notice shortly after receiving my federal tax return of $5540.44. There was no unusual transactions, I did not exceed my daily spending limit and the only other activity was transferring $3000.00 into my online vault account which left my available balance at $1286.35 So my total account balance including vault is $4286.35. I called after being declined at the store for a purchase for some much needed clothes for my son and was headed to the grocery store when I found out a block was placed stating I needed my Identity to be verified by uploading my driver's license.

I uploaded it twice only to call and have the automated system tell me my account with all my money $4286.35 was closed and I could no longer have any account with Green Dot and no option to even talk to a live person. I was able to log in on the web to view my transaction history that showed everything including my vault balance of $3,000.00 I transferred. In my search of a way to talk to a live person I logged back into my account to view my transaction history and it then showed my vault balance was $0 and my avail balance as $1286.35!! It still shows my transfer into the vault but the $3,000 is missing so I began to look up stuff on fraud regarding Green Dot and finally found a number to your fraud department.

I spoke with a woman who stated she could still see the total balance of $4286.35 but I just couldn’t see it and she would update it to show for me. She stated that the block was placed for security reasons but couldn’t explain what they were or why it was placed when I didn’t exceed my limit or have unusual activity. I explained how I can’t even feed my child until I have access to MY MONEY. She then transferred me to Green Dot corporate resolution center where after an hour of holding I spoke with Cortez who told me I had to do a manual upload through email and it would take up to two business days before the block was lifted. That was on 5/24/2018 at 1:00pm.

I called back on the 25th, 28th, 29th, 30th and 31st (today) and was now told that a review ticket was just created yesterday and it would be another 1-2 business days. WTH it’s been 8 days since Green Dot stole $4,286.35. All of this is completely unacceptable to me, I have talked to Cortez, Fred, Patty and a few more and explained my situation to all and keep getting the response that they will put in an request for an update, yet my identity still hasn’t been verified after 4 business days and numerous calls all of which I sat on hold for an hour waiting to speak to someone each and every time.

Hi Briana,

So far

- They let someone steal my state return
- said to me that they don't have any guarantee about my money... If someone stole it I should just go report to cops...

- didn't verify my own... But someone else got verified for my new card and my state tax...

On top of that of that blocked me forever when my federal return deposited $9,571... Oh they won’t let you take the money out or transfer it to another account either no... They will in 3 to 5 business days release it back to government... Then our government will cut a check and send it to my old address where I no longer live which will take a week or two which means I gotta wait for the mailman there every day... Otherwise that will get stolen too thanks to Green Dot... I work with customers and banks all day and their customer service is a joke...

This corporation has the absolute worst customer care, service I have ever seen in my life. Bank supposed to be safe right? They aren't safe because let's say someone steals your mail? They can easily put a pin on a card and steal your money... Because their verification system is as dumb as the company they are... I was in jail for 3 months and when I got out I called and reported the card so they blocked the card and told me to dispute and wait 10 days. Then they sent a new card. Till here everything is normal. Then they said dismissed dispute NO FRAUD FOUND... so card coming in my mail after I get incarcerated someone playing a pin on it and spending it while I was in jail is not a fraud to them.

Then they told me to verify myself so I sent ID from their online website so then they block me saying my ID couldn't verify me and told me I can never open a card with them again and now my federal tax loaded into my account $9,500 and now they're saying that they can't open my account so now they're going to send it back and I'm going to wait for a check. I just going to my old address where I don't live anymore so that will probably get stolen because of them too. So it's not bad enough that they got my money stolen not enough that they cancel the dispute. They blocked me from my money.

If all the business executives the owners of the staff sit down together and ask each other how is the worst way to handle their ** up this is probably the worst way to handle something so simple... but no because they're a bank have a branch but they also don't have to ask that you can call so you can't do personal and Kings. You can't do phone banking and all mine if they read you got to go through Facebook to get to anyone and then maybe they will give you a call back for a voice that you can tell doesn’t give a ** about what you're going thru... Here is their new commercial "Green Dot Prepaid Card. At Green Dot we’ll let people take your money then ask you for verification and then block you from your own card... Do you have $10,000 deposited?

“Who cares **... Oh btw we don’t have a branch. We also don't bank over phone... We just don’t bank. We are a bunch of tools where our mission is to make your life a Green Dot harder because ** is our motto...” All they have to do is literally just unblock me and I have 10,000$ and maybe say sorry for letting my money get used by someone else... But no they just can not unblock me for their own mistake... Now I’m gonna post this to every place and day I can...

Hi Bertan,

Original review: May 31, 2018

I decided to file my income tax return with the online service named TurboTax, as I have in the past several years. Only this year the biggest scam going is they will provide you with a debit card (Green Dot services) and your refund will be put on the card. This is how I became a victim of fraud, less than one week almost half of my federal return was stolen off my card electronically somehow... on two separate dates, with the same merchant for every fraudulent transaction involved. Approximately $1000.00 has been stolen. I have made numerous phone calls, emails, and have even provided the agency with dates and the various PROOF that I had access to. Green Dot customer service? It doesn't exist, and asking to speak to a manager? For some reason I was refused repeatedly. This has been going on since the beginning of March and I am still trying to get back what was stolen from me.

Green Dot was nice enough after the third call in to replace the compromised card however, a fee of $5.00 was applied to the new card! For the activation fee? I wouldn't NEED a new card if the first one was secured!! In addition a $2.50 fee was charged for each fraudulent transactions as well as GREEN DOT'S fee of $2.50! ($5.00 charged for every fraudulent transaction!!!) Not only was almost $1000.00 stolen from me, I had to pay the total of $55.00 for those transactions!! I have decided enough is enough, legally Green Dot needs to reimburse the victims or charges should be pressed. This is the newest scam going, and GREEN DOT AND TURBOTAX should be prosecuted and out of business! One would think the agency would be covered for fraud, however each associate I have pleaded with acts like it's their personal money! Well it's not! It was MY FEDERAL Income Tax Return, and I deserve what was stolen from me.

Never again will I use the online TURBOTAX or GREEN DOT AFFILIATIONS/AGENCIES AGAIN! I'm not giving up until I am refunded, and justice has been applied. I refuse to give up. What a scam and for some reason GREEN DOT is the only company in AMERICA that REFUSES to reimburse its "valued" customers who have become victims of fraud.

Hi Robin,

No response received
Original review: May 30, 2018

For one they are liars and thieves. Don't let Green Dot do the same thing to you. File a police report immediately if you have some money missing. Green Dot is the 1 doing it. Don't trust them and tell other people and warn them this is the worst company ever. They told me lies for 3 years. No refund and in store refund was given. Walmart does not even refund cards. They lying.

Hi Jeremy,

Original review: May 29, 2018

My name is Ashley **, my taxes was load to my Turbo Intuit card on February 27, 2018 and my card is blocked due the fact I don't have the proper ID that you all need... I have not been able to get back in touch with anyone due the fact you all say that my card is cancelled and that I can no longer order a new one because my documents was not correct. At this point I need my money turned back over to the IRS because I have a two year old son that I have to take care of. My house burned down and I really needed this money to help get us somewhere to live so I would like for my money to be sent back... At this point I have no phone number that you can reach me at but my email address is ** or either you all can just unblock my card please.

Hi Ashley,

Original review: May 29, 2018

I have had a Green Dot card for years and have had my tax return placed on my Green Dot card for all those years and never had a problem. I have also never filed a claim before. I attempted to file a claim for fraud because someone had had unauthorized use of my card. After it had been lost I filed a police report. I tried to contact Green Dot and was unsuccessful due to a poorly regulated automated system. If you obtain more than one Green Dot card then you are required to enter the last 4 digits of that card. When you call you have three opportunities to do so and the automated system hangs up on you. I was unable to stop usage on my card yet my text update showed my account balance dwindling. Once filed through the corporate office finally it took 45 days for them to deny the claim that they allowed the usage to pile up on taking a huge chunk of my tax return. I will never use Green Dot again and I advise no one else too.

Hi Michelle,

We tried to contact you regarding your concerns with your account but haven’t been able to reach you. It’s important to us that we speak with you so that we can work towards resolving your concern. Please contact us directly so that we may assist you further.

No response received
Original review: May 28, 2018

I'm new to Green Dot and I'm totally disgusted. I use the card to pay bills & online purchases ONLY... to AVOID FRAUD & keep my REAL bank info confidential. Well I allowed a one time direct deposit to come in from the Government (survivors benefit) and these crooks decides I need to send them my identification via email to get the hold released on my account. To make a long story short, I sent info requested and I still don't have my money. They are going to pay for giving ME this runaround and you can too. I filed a grievance with the US Treasury Dept. And they are going to stop all business with Green Dot due to so many complaints.

I am also filed a lawsuit and was told by my attorney that there is already a class action suit in the works because Green Dot was reported to be involved in the 2017 data breach. Please help me SHUT GREEN DOT'S DOOR & BANKRUPT THEM. There is a petition in place. They just need so many signatures for GREEN DOT to be GREEN GONE... Green Dot gets absolutely no stars. They are so negative they already dug their hole 6 ft in the dirt. I promise in a couple months or so GREEN DOT WILL BE DEAD.

Hi Wayne,

No response received
Original review: May 27, 2018

My Green Dot account has been locked for unusual activity. My account has no card linked yet due to the fact that a replacement is in the mail. They are not a corporation. They are scammers and robbery masterminds. My account has 2 step verification and still me sending money via send to family and friends is unusual... The reason for 2 step is to verify who has access to the account. Obviously if I get the code to my phone it’s me who is accessing my account.

Hi Ishmael,

We'd like to have someone look into your account and discuss the concerns that you shared. We'll be in touch with you through the contact information provided to us by Consumer Affairs.

No response received
Original review: May 25, 2018

One full hour with zero results... I will not use a GREEN DOT CARD AGAIN. To my friends and family TOSS them! To GREEN DOT listen to audio of date and time. Ask Dan **. He can explain it to you. I expect a call or an email... But I know I won't get one!

Hi Ginsu,

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: May 24, 2018

In 2011 I opened a Green Dot account and I had it up until 2014. I never had any issues with it while I had the card. It always works for me and it was great. This year of April 2018 I had received a refund for some purchases that I made via merchant in 2012 because of a class action suit. Unfortunately the merchant returned the money to the method of payment that I use in 2012 which was my Green Dot prepaid card. Green Dot had accepted the refund on their end. The merchant actually had showed me proof of that but she's claiming that they never received it.

The merchant was actually able to show me and give me viable documents that they actually did return it to them and that they accepted it upon further review. I actually seen that there were a lot of reports of Green Dot taking people's money. If I could review this and give it to zero stars I would. I highly recommend that no one uses the service because they are stealing people's money. I actually had to report them to the Better Business Bureau and am waiting to hear back from them as well as possibly get involved in a class action suit against them.

Hi Alicia,

Original review: May 22, 2018

I have been with Green Dot for about 4 yrs. Had a gas station put a hold on my card for $125.50 (I only pumped 30.68). I was already upset that there was a such a large hold, which was told that Green Dot chose the amount of the hold. The gas station took the hold off on May 21st. Was told by Green Dot that my money would not be credited back until May 28th. That is ridiculous!!! I am a single mom of three kids and that is all the money I have until I get paid again and I have to wait over a week for MY MONEY all because I used my card at the gas pump. Customer service did not help me, said they didn't have a manager available and did not have a phone number for corporate. I do not recommend this service anymore!!!

Hi Melissa,

Original review: May 22, 2018

I would not recommend Green Dot service to anyone. Every time I deal with them I take a loss. And everybody I know that’s dealt with them says the same. I recently loaded money to my card, now I had no access to my own money. I can’t swipe the card, use ATM or even online usage. I’ve been calling them since, I have no way of speaking with customer service. I am currently on hold with trying to speaking with them I’ve been on hold 01:49:46. RIDICULOUS!!! I would highly recommend NetSpend.

Hi Tyesha,

Original review: May 21, 2018

I've been a Green Dot acct member for 3 yrs now. First 2 years no complaints. However since January my acct has been hacked 3 times since January. 1st hack I recovered my funds in 2 weeks. But on May 1st the 2nd hack some young guy used a card with my bank information to go shopping at a mall in Downey CA. I live in Rochester MN. $168.11 was spent leaving 94 cents in my account. May 2nd am I notified the bank of what happened.

They (call center in Philippines) canceled my card and started reclaim process. Shipped me new card. Arrived on May 7th. I still haven't been refunded the 168.11 yet. On May 14th someone in Morena CA tried using a Card with my new card info and took the .94 that was left in my acct. That's 2 hacks in 2 weeks. My card doesn't have a chip in it. The 2 phony cards did. I spoke with each store manager and got details on hacker's purchases. As of today I've still not been refunded any funds to my acct. I'm mystified how fast these cards are made. If there's a law enforcement investigation going on, I can provide precise details on purchases.

Hi Andrew,

Original review: May 21, 2018

I recently had around $2200 stolen from me. Someone copied or cloned my card and used it in South Florida while I am in North Florida. Any normal human being can see someone is using my card while I am as well. I have dozens of witnesses to prove I never left Jacksonville. Also in your statement it says I may not withdrawal more than $400 in a single day. Someone did this without my consent. I was never asked for my consent from Green Dot. I would love to know what kind of investigation Green Dot actually does. But I do have lawyers looking into it as well.

Hi Jeremiah,

Original review: May 21, 2018

I recently saw unusual charges on my card from Alabama, Pennsylvania, and many from California. They were still pending at this time when I saw them when I reported them to the service center at their call center. They said they could not do anything until the charges posted. This was over $235 at the time. I could not deal with the call center because you can barely speak English and they have no compassion for the consumer. They are rigid and follow the script given to them and will put incorrect information in the system. I ask them to hold on the phone while I was at the teller machine to make sure I could still get the remaining cash out. The gentleman hung up and said I refused to report the account compromised and cancel the card. I asked him not to cancel the card until after I made the transactions. This is why I wanted him on the phone.

I called by again and got a female. She explained to me I would have to pay for a card. I told her I would not pay. She told me it would take up to 7 days to receive the card. She told me if I wanted the card faster it would cost extra. I told her I would not pay extra and it should be to me in a couple of days or even overnight. She said they did not do that. I told her I wanted the card by the end of the week. This was on a Tuesday. She said the card would not come until Monday. I told her to send the card and it should be to me by Friday. Monday came and no card. I called in and talked to another representative who was less than helpful and she told me I had refused the card twice by two representatives. I tried to explain to her I told the representatives I wanted the card sent to me right away and my account reported compromised which neither one had done and more charges were made.

I finally ask for a supervisor. She filed the dispute and sent me a card and I received it on Thursday. I had to send in a dispute form. I know have to wait another until May 28th to get my money back. When I ask the representatives if my money if I will get it back they do not give me a answer at all. This leads me to believe I have lost my money to their neglect. I reported these charges before they posted and they could have been stopped. The ones from Alabama and Pennsylvania did not go through. It was just the ones for California. This makes me feel like it might be a inside job by employees of the call center who handles posting the numbers of the accounts. All were made near the city the card company.

I only want my money. This has prevented me from paying two bills and now I will have late charges on accounts because of Green Dot Corporation. Do you think they will take care of the stress of the calls from these companies wanting their payments and the extra money. I also have to pay an extra $25 on top of the late charge because the card was declined because it was closed. I just need answers right away.

Hi Madonna,

No response received
Original review: May 20, 2018

Green Dot gets to hold money for 1 to 60 day? That 1 to 60 is a lie. It took them the whole 60 days to release my money to my card. Please stop lying to the customers. And why do Green Dot get to hold money for 60 days? I really needed that money and Green Dot showed no compassion for my situation. And what makes me so mad is I was to 1 to 60 days and it took the whole 60 days. I asked a day before the 60 day if I can get my money and was told, "No. It take 1 to 60 days." Well it's been 59 day and you mean to tell me I still can't get my money? I feel like Green Dot was using my money for the 60 day. That's why they had no reason why they were holding my money and can't override the system to release my money. 1 to 60 day is BS.

Hi Lakiesha,

No response received
Original review: May 19, 2018

There were two hundred dollars taken out my account for a Green Dot card and I haven't received it. It's over ten days. I want answers. You can't talk to anyone if you don't have the card number. I need help.

Hi Marcus,