Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
Synchrony Financial
3.01/5

Synchrony Financial

formerly GE CareCredit

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Synchrony Financial Reviews

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I paid this card off in full on October 2, 2019. I thought I could use the full amount again so I tried to make some purchases. My card was declined. I called Synchrony to find out why--they claimed that because my account was new they needed to make sure that my payment had cleared my bank, they were withholding my credit for 5 days. Newsflash, Synchrony--I pay you with my bank's checking account. Once the payment has cleared my bank I am unable to put a stop payment on it. This payment cleared my bank on October 4, 2019. I CANNOT put a stop payment on it. It is PAID IN FULL! I am reporting Synchrony first to the Better Business Bureau and then if that does not get results, I am reporting them to our state's AG office. Word of advice--don't accept credit cards backed by Synchrony. They are ruining me!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I purchased my first home in January. I immediately got offers from Synchrony Bank at 0% interest for home goods and such. I could never get a CareCredit card and boom got one. Fast forward 7 months to paying OVER what my payment is so I could utilize the 0% EVERY SINGLE MONTH and they lowered one card lowering my credit score. 2 weeks later another lowering it even more. NOW JUST TODAY A 3000$ LIMIT WAS LOWERED AGAIN TO 1000$. LOWERING MY SCORE YET AGAIN. I will never ever ever use another card from Synchrony Bank ever!! They are awful and they ruined my credit score????

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Stay away from any kind of credit card with Synchrony. I was in the hospital, lost my job, and was unable to pay a couple of credit cards for a couple of months. When I was back on my feet again, all the other companies I dealt with helped me to get my accounts up to date, and I was within a couple of months. All Synchrony ever wanted was complete payment of any past due account, with all kinds of interest and late fees. When I finally got fed up with trying to deal with them, I just took their out, turned the accounts basically into a loan, and then closed the two accounts.

The fun started weeks later when FOUR other cards I had with them, accounts that were NEVER late -- 3 of them didn't even have a balance -- were suddenly closed! No reason given, just closed! And up until all this started happening, I had MORE THAN TEN YEARS of use of their accounts with no late payments or any other problems. And their response -- "It's our right to close these accounts." I will NEVER do business with Synchrony again, as long as I live. Terrible, TERRIBLE company!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

They lowered my credit limit to right about what my balance was and it screwed my credit. I am in the process of getting a mortgage and this definitely did not help me. I have never been late and for them to do this is horse **. They did not care at all. Once my credit rebounds from purchasing my first house and they try to raise my limit I am going to tell them to stick it in their **.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

I know my account had been behind but I still continue to make payments every month, then when I was able to get caught up they close the account no letter or anything just closed, very unprofessional and not only that I made a double payment to them, when the account closes it messes up your credit. Think they care. Of course not, will never do business with Synchrony Financial.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Synchrony Financial (formerly GE CareCredit)?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Synchrony Financial sent us a pre approval on a credit card with 2% back on all purchases, no limit no exceptions or gimmicks. We have the actual offer on paper. So, we apply good deal right? Card comes, the entire plan is different. 2% back on only purchases under $299. And the 2% is only good until 12/31/19 then goes to 1%. Crooks doing business, bait and switch is still allowable apparently.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I’m self employed which means my income is sporadic. I haven’t had a late payment in over 5 years with any of my creditors. I recently found out Synchrony bank reduced the credit limit on one of my cards and closed another one ... closed the one with a zero balance. Says I had 4 things on my credit report to include late pays which based their decision. When I called them to talk to them they basically blamed the credit reporting system ... which If they would have read my report my score had dropped to high credit on my major cards due to work and my dept cards were small or no balances. I will never do business with this bank again If this is how they roll.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Had Evine home shopping card, and Evine was also ShopHQ and ShopNBC. Well ShopHQ/NBC has been charging me for past year and do has Evine all through Synchrony bank card, so Synchrony bank has been stealing my money every month for over a year. They send me to a foreign country and I can’t understand the people and they can’t understand me. We cannot get this resolved. They are trying to turn me into collections and still want me to pay a bunch of money. It is so ridiculous. If you have Synchrony bank through EVINE, ShopHQ, ShopNBC or even their PayPal card is through Synchrony bank watch your bill because they are overcharging and taking money that does not belong to them. They are crooks.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Out of the blue Synchrony reduces my CL from $5000 to $2060 which is a wired CL. No notice and no reason. I have never been late and ALL of my credit is in perfect standing. This has a negative impact on my utilization thus reducing my FICO. They will lose 100% of my business and I will share with everyone I meet what a garbage bank they are.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I pay my bill off every month... the problem is I don’t receive a bill in the mail and their online payment website is always throwing errors. It is 2019 and they don’t have a mobile app yet??? I call I complain they repeat my address and say next month I’ll get it in mail. They charge a 39.00 late fee because I have to call them to get my password reset or to make payment over the phone. When I talked to them today they told me the reason I can’t male payment online is because I’m using a mobile phone to do so and I need to do it from a pc... Seriously what if I only have an iPad or a mobile phone. Then she rudely told me she can't remove mat fee as that already happened a few months ago according to the notes when their website was down for 8 days.... ughh seriously I was so humiliated.

Then she proceeded to tell me I’m signed up to get my bill electronically for the last year.... But she can see in the notes that I have called re not receiving a bill every month for last 9 months she doesn’t understand why it says electronically and it says I am getting it via lost.... I have a credit score of 860 and I’m cancelling this card after 8 years and I’m canceling my Sam’s club membership. They have horrible customer service at Synchrony and I will not deal with them. Beware horrible horrible company.

Synchrony Financial Company Information

Synchrony Financial (formerly GE CareCredit)
www.synchronyfinancial.com