First USA Bank

Out of Business

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Called from **. Reported to be an arbitrator. Threatened Wifey saying I had took out a card in both our names from before I met her. Phished for info and tried to bully us into sending money. Knew too much personal info (gleaned from public records I presume) so they sounded legit at first to Wifey.

March 28, 2016 I received a call from New Britain Finance in Munster, Indiana. They asked to speak to Joseph **. This is the name of my husband who passed away in 2014. Individual stated they were a collection agency and wanted payment on a credit card Joseph opened in 1993. The amount was $4,193.11 and due to late fees etc the amount was now $8,633.00! They further stated he was making payments until 2000 when they stopped. She stated numerous letters were sent; the address she had was correct. Nothing has been received since Joseph died. I have no credit cards for Joseph. And they wanted payment by the first of April!! They have received $1,000.00 towards this account.

I received this letter as many have, reading all the complaints about this scam. My letter I received said I owed them $4,330 and I could settle for $649. I told the lady on the phone that this was 16 years ago. I had a credit card and paid it off, settled with them, that this was from a divorce. The balance was zero. Sixteen years later they want money? I do not have the settlement letter due to the years that have passed. I will now freeze my credit report and call First USA, if they still exist..

They have called twice a day for 2 months to lower our interest. I have pressed #3, which is supposed to take my number off. The second time they called, I pressed #1 to talk to a live person. I asked them to remove my number and they always hang up. How much longer do we have to endure this daily harassment? All our friends have the same problem! Help!

I received a letter from Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. regarding a creditor LVNV Funding, LLC. They listed the original creditor was First USA. I paid this off in 2003! I sent them an email and told them the statute of limitations had expired in 2010! They wanted a settlement of $400.00 on balance they said of $2,363.00! Fat chance they will get it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First USA Bank?

I received a notice from the Union County Court, IN from Asset Acceptance, a collection agency attempting to locate my place of employment. I have been on SS disability for over 10 years and moved to Indiana from another state. They are threatening to take my house, SSD, etc. and the stupid judge in Union County signed off on it. I do not know who these people are. I also checked my credit report and found someone else using my name with a tax lien on property in a different county. I filed a fraud alert. Who is First USA Bank? Who is now using my name in a different county?

I just got a call from IMR (some kind of mediation company) saying I got a loan of $5900.00 from First USA Bank back in 1999 and that I had made 4 to 5 payments of $300 and then just quit paying. This collection agency wants to give me no other info and this was not me. This is the first I have heard of this. I am out of state and need to get some info. What do I do?

I just received a letter in the mail from a Northland Group stating that I have an outstanding balance with First USA in the amount of $2136.55 and they are willing to settle with me for $320. I called them requesting more information and all they could give me was it was opened in 2000 in my old name and my old address. They knew my last 6 numbers of my SSN and so I told them I would call them back. I called Equifax and they told me it was not on my account. I then froze all of my credit reports until I can look into this further. How can I resolve this as I finally have good credit after a divorce and don't want this to ruin my credit again? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Several weeks ago, out of the blue, I received a telephone call from a debt collector claiming that they are attempting to collect debt from an old First USA card I had over seven years ago. They claimed that I owe $250+ and wanted to know how I intend to clear this matter. I explained to the debt collector agency that my First USA card was filed with Ameridebt almost 18 years ago along with my First USA card. I had placed other credit cards with Ameridebt (consumer credit counseling agency) to finally clear up all my debt. It took me over 10 years, but had paid off all my debt, which included my First USA card. First USA had later sent me a letter verifying that my pre-existing account was paid in full and the account closed. I do not have that letter anymore unfortunately, as I thought that this issue had been resolved.

I now am receiving calls from a debt collecting agency claiming that I still have an outstanding balance. I attempted to explain the above which they wanted to listen to no part of what my history was with First USA and the fact that this account had been paid in full and closed almost seven years ago. I am now finding more and more complaints similar to mine, and want to know what are my rights. And do I have any room for possible counter suit? Any information and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I have a credit on my credit report for $9200.00 for a credit card I never applied for and want to know what it's about.

I got a letter from a collection department, First National Collection Bureau, saying that I had a loan with First USA Bank back in 1996 and that I owe them $20,538.95. I never had a loan with them. Due to this, my credit is shot. Can someone tell me how to fix this? You can e mail me at **.

I just received another collection agency letter from "RJM ACQUISITIONS," located at 575 Underhill Blvd., Suite 224, Syosset, NY 11791, that I owed $7,375 from First USA Bank Credit Card and they are offering a settlement. Somehow, they have my address and a couple of digits of my Social Security number. I never had a credit card from First USA Bank. This is the third collection agency sending me a similar note in the past couple of years. I ignored the previous ones; however, I am concerned and would like to know if there is anything I can do to stop such scam.

The collection company says I owe over 17K on one of our credit cards. I cannot find evidence of having a card from your bank. They will not supply any specific details. I have had a bad experience with another agency which was proven incorrect.

First USA bank Visa Credit card - It was applied for in 2001 and sent out in 2001. It was mailed to ** Haltom City, 76117. This is not my address nor did I receive the credit card. Now, it is maxed out and went into default I think in 2003 on my credit report. I just got the first bill on this card on Feb 2, 2012.

I would like to know what times, what days, what was bought, what store and who signed the receipt .I would like to know who made the payments from 2001 to 2003 and were the payments made with cash debit, check or money orders and whose name was on the paperwork that paid it and from what address was these payments mailed from.

It took all 12 years to send me a bill on that card that I have never seen nor used. I need every bit of the info on that card to catch the person that stole my ID so I can file charges on them.

My husband and I are applying for a home loan. Upon running a credit check, the bank found an unpaid balance with First USA Bank dating back to 2002. All they could give me was the account number **. My husband's name is Richard Alan **. The last 4 digits of his social security number is **. My name is Angela **, with last four digits of **. Our address has been the same since **. Please let me know why this debt is showing up on our credit report. We do not owe First USA Bank any money. This is making our credit record look bad, especially since we are trying to get debt free and get this house loan. You may call me on my cell phone ** or by e-mail **. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

I have been living abroad for the last 15 years. After returning to live again in the US last June, I was very disappointed to find that my credit history had been basically erased from the Equifax and Transunion offices. Fortunately, Experian has kept my history and credit score of 775. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be enough, even to obtain a simple credit card. To obtain a current history from the other two credit reporters, they have requested that First USA, a credit line I had established on 9/1/1993 of $15,000 for a car loan, send them the confirmed credit history. My previous address before moving abroad was **. Could you please look into this issue as quickly as possible?

Unauthorized credit inquiry from First USA Bank. I reported unauthorized credit inquiry to the US Federal Trade Commission at https://**. I contacted credit bureau by phone to remove the unauthorized check record, which was not helpful and refused to modify the record. Filed a dispute with credit bureau by a computer online.

First USA is a corporation that I have not and will not do business with and I wonder how a corporation that is not in business with me can request a credit report. Where did they get the information for the report and what information do they receive with the credit report issued to them? I constantly receive phone calls about reducing my credit card debt. They hang up when they learn that I don't have any debt. Looking at my credit report, the only one making a credit request is First USA that has no business with my credit history or SS number.

First, USA continuously calls after repeated requests to be deleted from calling list. I registered with both National and State Do-Not-Call lists. They call from NV, MN and now FL. Time to call House Rep and State Attorney General.

A check was forged in my name and used to try to open an account at Wells Fargo. Fortunately, the fraud dept. there caught it and called me. This is a balance transfer check that I never received. I called Chase Fraud as they are supposedly associated with First USA and they were most unhelpful.

I have relieved repeated unsolicited phone calls by your card member services. I am on the Missouri and US no call list. If this practice continues, I will file a complaint with the Missouri Attorney General.

I just received a call from a collection agency, saying that I owe over $400 on a card, that expired in 2005. The collector's name was Don **. He was rude, and intimated that I was lying constantly. He talked over me constantly. I pay my credit card bills every month, as soon as the bill arrives. He said my account had been sold to some other company (I know this ploy), and that they have been trying to collect for 6 years.

This is the first time I have heard of this. I strongly suspect that it is an attempt to rob me. The Credit Card is a Visa, ** , opened in 1991, and the last payment was made on 10/14/2005. This Don ** person said, my credit was at risk.

I had my credit report checked in conjunction with a home loan application and discovered that a credit card from First USA was listed with a balance of $8,050. I have never had a credit card from First USA. How do I get this information off my record and start a fraud investigation to find out who has a card in my name?

I can not find First USA Bank's phone number to have me removed from an unauthorized used, with high credit limit, on the card that had been lost many years ago which still shows on my credit reports!

On 12 June 2010, First USA Bank made a hard inquiry to Equifax. I don't know if this is connected with Chase Bank or with another issuing bank on a credit card. I have looked on all my credit cards and I don't see First USA Bank or Chase. At my request, my account with Chase was closed on 03 August 2010 with a zero balance. I contacted First USA Bank and Cynthia ** couldn't find my name or SSN in their system.

First, USA has repeated the inquiries about my credit that I didn't authorize. A total of 15 over the last 22 months. How do I get them to stop?

I received a credit denial letter on 11/20/10 from Chase bank, dated 11/16/10. I have not applied for any credit in over a year, and never with Chase! I pulled my free credit report at Equifax via fraud alert on 11/20/10, and saw that First USA bank made an inquiry on 11/12/10. I called Chase today and talked to Michele in the fraud (Lending Services) department, referencing the denial letter's reference #. She indicated that someone applied for this account at a TJMaxx or related store. I signed up for the 90-day fraud alert at Experian website on 11/23/10. Hopefully this goes no farther than this.

I also demanded that Chase/First USA alert the credit reporting agencies that this inquiry was fraudulent and not initiated by me. I wish death penalty for any and all involved in identity theft! I will be happy to pull the switch on the electric chair / needle injection machine. Enough of this ** crime, it's time to get tough on these ** who intentionally screw over honest people! Because of this, my blood pressure has gone through the roof.

I just checked my annual free credit reports from three agencies. I have not done this in several years. I was shocked to find First USA Bank checks my credit frequently. I have no dealings with Chase Bank or First USA Bank. I have no idea why they are frequently and without my permission, checking my account. That lowers your credit score, doesn't it? I am fairly upset about this. What can I do?

First USA NA ran a credit check on me without authorization. I am sure this is against the law.

I checked my credit report, to find a hard inquiry by this "bank". After reading other blogs, I'm worried they will mess up my credit score. I recently applied for a Chase card, seems Chase is selling info to 3rd party junk debt collectors. I got a negative mark on my credit report from the hard inquiry.

First USA Bank Company Profile