Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
1.20/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

205 FIA Card Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

FIA Card Services declined a bunch of charges and then locked my account for no reason at all. They could not give me a reason, and said that they weren't able to contact me, yet there are no voicemail messages, no missed calls, no text messages, and no emails from FIA. I auto pay my bill every month and there was no balance on the card at the time. DO NOT think that because this card carries the Fidelity name on it that it is to be trusted. Do yourself a favor and deal with a reputable company instead.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2015

This card has been a nightmare. Twice in three weeks they froze my account, to account for fraud, they said. There were no fraudulent charges. Yes, a month later, my card was hacked. I called to report fraud and I got a rude, disrespectful worker who closed my account!! Without telling me. I called back and someone said she would send me a new card. Hours later, she blew up my phone by calling me over and over until I picked up. When I did, she didn't introduce herself or the card company-she passed me to some guy. Turns out, he was trying to open a new account for me. I had to REAPPLY for my own credit card. I hung up. I'm so done with them. I've been a member for 17 years and they got a lot of money from me. But no more. What a joke of a company. STAY AWAY.

Original review: July 24, 2015

While my payments have been accurately recorded for the past ten years -- this past month they kept claiming it hadn't gone through. Finally I called Fidelity and was told that if it is a direct debit the numbers 39900000 have to be added. I tried to speak to customer service -- none of them understood and would hang up. Today they took out three payments from my account - $550, $550 and $610.92. If one calls there is no one who understands the systems; so at this time I have all this money locked in with them.

Original review: July 10, 2015

Never get a credit card from FIA Card Services. I called for a payoff 2 months ago, they took my banking info to pay off my balance and close my account. 3 months later I get a bill in the mail stating I owe for interest... Interest on what? Scam Artist I tell you! Don't ever, ever deal with this company!

Original review: June 30, 2015

They keep calling from different numbers even after I spoke to a rep and also requested on computer to be taken off. It's going on for months.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FIA Card Services?

Original review: June 18, 2015

My Ex-wife (divorced in 2008) filed a chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2010 and was granted and all debt was discharged. I have all stamped and signed and her discharged paperwork for her. FIA services put a lien on MY house that the ex hasn't lived in since 2008. I need someone from FIA to get in touch with me to resolve this issue even if it means me paying them the "owed" balance. I have faxed over all the paperwork as I was told it is the only way to get thru with no luck. I send certified mail to whatever address I could find for FIA card services. Need help badly as I want to sell my house and move away but can't with lien on it. Maybe someone knows what steps I should take next?

Original review: June 1, 2015

Their online payment portal is an absolute joke and I believe is set to up to actually encourage end users to NOT be able to pay their bills on time. I am a software engineer and understand how these types of systems work. I am 100% unable to set up an auto payment to pay my bills. The system only allows me to pay a fixed sum at a monthly interval, and when I don't spend the exact same amount of money each month as no human does, I am hit with an interest charge when I have the money- but FIA Card Services was too dumb to understand how every other payment portal out there works. I have suffered through with these guys for 6 months, hoping that they were working on some kind of fix here, but it is still not here as of today. As a result, I will be canceling my account with them and going with a company that was able to hire competent engineers with the ability to allow full auto-pay in 2015.

Original review: May 28, 2015

I received a phone call from this business at 8:34 PM yesterday. The telephone number was 649-9607 and since I didn't know who it was, I didn't pick up. In trying to locate this number on AnyWho.com, it didn't come up. I assumed it was in the same state where I lived. I'm wondering if whomever called, is trying to get personal information to use. If it was legitimate from my bank or charge card company, they would have called between 8-5 PM.

Original review: May 28, 2015

FIA Card Services continually freezes my account. I understand the severity of the fraud industry and appreciate efforts by credit card companies to reduce fraud. However FIA has an extremely poor model as they have let fraud occur on my account but freeze my legitimate purchases. The worst part is that they make no attempt to notify you that your account was frozen, you find out when your card is denied. Then when you call in it is a minimum of 15 minutes or more before you can speak to someone. They are not at all focused on the customer.

Original review: May 22, 2015

I called FIA to make a claim against a company. I thought I was on the same page with the assistant. I hadn't heard anything back so I called FIA. Turns out the person who assisted me was lazy and had listed the wrong company on my complaint. The dollar amounts were similar and we're in the same time frame. I finally got through to a supervisor and he helped straighten things out. Funny, I recall this same thing happen to me before with FIA. Seems they have lazy people working for them. I also seem to need a new credit card at least once a year for each of my Fidelity accounts (Visa and AE). Fraudulent charges. I'm careful with my cards. Last time they didn't even notify me, but let me get embarrassed when my Visa card wouldn't accept charges (the restaurant didn't accept AE cards). Good thing my brother in law came to the rescue and paid.

FIA Card Services Company Information