Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
1.20/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

204 FIA Card Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 15, 2015

Their website is so confusing and user unfriendly. I work in the computer field and am not incompetent with this type of stuff. With other credit cards I have them seamlessly make at least the minimum amount due every month. Before I went out of the country for a few months, I set up the FIA Card service automatic payment as well to pay the minimum amount exactly, since you can't set it to adjust automatically to what the minimum amount is. While I was out of the country, my minimum amount increased and resulted in my account being defaulted for a few months. They did not even send me one email during the 3 or 4 months of this happening which resulted in me talking to the credit bureaus and now my stellar credit score is in the 'poor' zone.

Even after all of this, I have continuous issues setting up and clarifying setting up my automatic payments, and I find out you actually have to go to a different website to set up minimum amount that adjusts itself to the amount if it changes. So I set up my banking information, and no email notification after over a month, so I call them, and after talking to 5 people I get no resolution except the robotic answer and apologies. The associates are only trained to apologize and transfer the call to the next department. They don't know how to use the website either. It's a serious business issue as it's the only card that's damaged my credit score even without it being my fault or not because I was being irresponsible with my payments. Worst card ever. As soon as I am paid off with this account I am never touching this card ever again.

Original review: May 12, 2015

Fia card services which handles security for Amex are incompetent liars. I have had their card for many years and they continually "freeze" it for my protection. However, they never notify me. To make a long story short, "always leave home without it!"

Original review: May 12, 2015

Let me begin by saying that I am very pleased with my AMEX and the rewards that it offers, otherwise I would simply cut it up due to the terrible customer service from FIA. For some reason, I receive a new card in the mail every few months due to "possible fraud detected on the account" and FIA Card Services doesn't tell you that they are sending a new card; they just deactivate the old one. I cannot begin to count how many times my card has been declined due to this. It's embarrassing and extremely frustrating, to say the very least.

FIA Card Services seems to specialize in making basic tasks much more difficult and frustrating than they need to be. An example? How about sitting on hold for 20+ minutes (every few months, like clockwork) trying to activate your new card? Today, a representative actually asked me to verify a charge from June 2014 in an attempt to "confirm my identity." Really? From a year ago? The representative then acted surprised when I asked, "Do you remember what you charged on your card a year ago?" No? Back on hold. More holding. Still holding. This happens every time I try to activate a new card. I can activate my Chase Visa using an automated system in three minutes. Shouldn't an AMEX be better than that?

My last gripe (for today) is with the payment options that FIA CS gives on its website. You want to enroll in auto-pay? Okay! You have two options: 1. Pay a fixed amount (enter the $ amount) or 2. Pay the minimum amount due. Want to pay the card off in full each month? Too bad -- not an option. It's 2015, right? Please tell me why this is so complicated. Why do I have to log in every month to pay my balance? Again, making things much more difficult than they need to be. I am actively looking for another AMEX with a different service provider. FIA CS is simply the worst. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

Original review: May 1, 2015

In the past 2 months I have had my account frozen (put on hold) 5 times. You CANNOT BUY ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF THE USA with this card! I made even a small purchase to a company domiciled in the UK and the account was frozen. Then a month later I called them up with VERY SPECIFIC DATES AND LOCATIONS that I would be traveling to in Europe, and told them "Keep this info on my account so I am able to purchase things in these places." They say "Sure sure! Thanks! I have noted it on the account!"

Then the MOMENT you make a purchase the account is locked. And you have to go through the whole process again: call them up, wait 15 minutes for a representative. Then they GO OVER A DOZEN RECENT TRANSACTIONS that you have to verify are valid (very annoying when they are everyday US purchases), then tell them they have failed, then tell them to unlock it and let you use it. They say "Ok you're all set" and it repeats every time. Just this morning I saw they locked it again. So I called them to unlock it so that I can pay down my balance but told them they had failed miserably and that I will never use the card again. Fidelity, FIRE THIS SERVICE. IT IS AWFUL!

Original review: April 30, 2015

At least a couple times per year my card stops working. Invariably it is horribly oversensitive fraud detection that has never discovered anything, but simply blocks me from my normal purchases at Amazon or local gas station. This time, however, FIA declined my health insurance payment!!! WTF? Seriously, who pays health insurance policies with stolen credit cards? And it's the same ** insurance company that has been charged for month after month.

Normally this wouldn't be a huge issue, but this payment was for a new plan that is supposed to go into effect tomorrow and now with declined payment, tomorrow I HAVE NO HEALTH INSURANCE and a wife who has a serious medical condition. I cannot imagine how FIA believes that it is ok to decline payment on something like health insurance. After 20 minutes on the phone with them, they clearly couldn't care less. So all I can do as a small gesture is to close out my Fidelity brokerage account. It's only $740,000... a blip in their world, but at least it'll make me feel better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FIA Card Services?

Original review: April 27, 2015

FIA fraud monitoring's amateurish definition of suspicious activity benefits them, only, and has never protected me. What do they consider suspicious? Apparently, almost any charge at "Bed, Bath and Beyond," which a supervisor in their fraud services department says is notorious for fraud. Last January I bought a few things there, then remembered I had forgotten something, and made another charge. Card declined. Code said "Insufficient funds". Two consecutive charges fit their definition of "suspicious activity". Yesterday, I charged a movie ticket then went to Bed, Bath and beyond. Card declined due to "suspicious activity". I called, and verified that the charges should have been valid. OK, card back being valid. Today I charged a room at a NYC hotel online. I get a call -- suspicious activity on my card. I was asked to re-validate the previous day's charges.

I call customer service and asked why they shut down my card again. Fraud dept. says that hotels typically do a $1 test charge before charging the entire amount. That was considered suspicious. I said "You just told me that they 'typically' do a test charge -- then why do you consider that 'suspicious'?" Another scripted answer: "my charges are monitored based on my typical charges." So, I said, "because I don't book a hotel every week, you thought the hotel charge was suspicious?" Yes. Worst monitoring algorithms in the world -- why do I keep using the card? 2% rebate from dollar one, on all charges. In return, you get lousy monitoring and a fraud department made up a script readers who have no sympathy for cardholders whose card is routinely, and arbitrarily, declined.

Original review: April 26, 2015

FIA, which is Bank of America company, is worst customer service ever. They have the most blatant policies and are trigger happy to deny charges for absolutely the smallest reason. They do not have any system in place to notify or contact the cardholder when they suspect a fraud, but simply either change the card number or freeze the account without verifying with card holder if the suspected transaction was genuine or not. They then blatantly lie to you that this action was necessary due to a "mass database compromise" and refuse to inform as to which as which Vendor this actually happened. In my case this happened on three occasions even though there was no fraudulent charges, causing a huge headache of having to change the Credit card in all my recurring payments.

Original review: April 25, 2015

Was considering transferring $1.5M in brokerage assets to Fidelity CMA. Due diligence started with FIA Card Services as 2% cash back sounded attractive. First called 866-598-4971, shown on fidelity.com. Got Philippines - a place I will never do business due to endless communication & cultural gaps. Attempt to find corporate website for FIA was elusive. Who are they? Publicly traded? FIA CS does not know. Consumer asked "Which credit bureau FIA will use to run credit for Fidelity Investor Rewards Visa Signature card?" Told "Any of 3. FIA can't pick one bureau upfront @ point of application intake. Being high net worth with credit score 820, my credit is kept frozen for security. Unfreeze & refreeze with 3 bureaus is 4 hours work & untenable.

Having then read 164 reviews on FIA: www.consumeraffairs.com/credit_cards/fia.html - It is apparent that FIA is to be avoided as a Hell Hole. Further, fact of Fidelity Investments Brokerage profound failure to perform proper qualification of service provider that it sponsors, is profound testimony of disrespect to its customers combined with failure to deliver offered services in manner that is acceptable. Who needs FIA Card Services? Buyer Beware.

Original review: April 12, 2015

Dear FIA Card Services: This is to inform you that you are failing MISERABLY in your attempt to serve your customers. This is because I have been REPEATEDLY (four times in last six months) refused at check-out for what you consider suspicious purchases. I have called several times in the past and assured (by a supervisor even) that you will loosen restrictions on my account. But yesterday when I went to my local Costco, where I shop almost weekly, an $83 purchase was refused. I tried to call FIA, but I was on hold for at least 10 minutes. After an embarrassingly long delay, I was forced to leave the checkout line and the store without my purchases. I tried calling again to resolve the issue, and again, was waiting for 10 minutes before a representative finally picked up.

Your representative, **, was courteous and polite, and explained that he was in-training. He apologized for all of my inconvenience, but was unable to explain why my purchases were refused. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, again I was on hold for 5 minutes before ** resumed the call and again apologized for the delay. I asked him why a supervisor wasn't readily available- especially as he is in training, and he explained that the supervisors I need are on another floor in a different department, outside of his control. When I asked if a supervisor could call me back, he informed me that was not your policy.

If my past attempts to adjust your overly restrictive security settings were unfruitful, and you continue to refuse my legitimate purchases, and make it impossible to contact someone immediately while I am on the checkout line, then I will be forced to discredit you online with my experiences of repeated bad service. I will start a blog on your poor service and let the world know that your credit card is not worth the plastic it is printed on. Additionally, I am contacting BOTH Fidelity Investments and American Express Company to inform them how you are tarnishing their corporate images with your poor service.

Original review: April 3, 2015

I made an inquiry about credit cards issued through my Fidelity Brokerage account. This inquiry resulted in a credit card being issued by some fraudulent company going by the fake name FIA. The also sent un-ordered blank checks to me. I called to complain and they refused to undo their fraudulent activity. Beware: This is a high risk organization who is 100% careless with unauthorized information and they are extremely negligent and uncooperative with cleaning up their slop. Fidelity recommends them but takes no responsibility for them.

Original review: March 30, 2015

There are no alerts/notifications when the card is used. It is listed on the drop down menu. FIA is third party, so they direct you to American Express. American Express directs you to FIA card services. Meanwhile this is one of the few cards that does not alerts for when the card is used.

Original review: March 27, 2015

To be short and to the point I have carried the FIA AMEX for several years without incident. I pay my statements in a timely manner in full every month. My issue came when I recently was on vacation in another country and I tried using my card and it was declined. This has happened before, so I called FIA Card Services to inform them that I was out of the country and it was I that was using the card and not fraudulent activity.

To my surprise they tell me my card has been cancelled. I asked why? When? I had just used it the day before. They explained that they do not need to notify me nor explain why it was cancelled. They gave me a number to discuss the issue further with an administrative level person but all I got was a voicemail and left messages 3 times. I received a call back within 48 hours but always when I did not have my phone or could not answer. There was never any voicemail message left nor callback name or number.

After about a week I spoke with someone who informed me of the same. They are not legally obligated to explain why they cancelled my card and that is all they would say. Oh yeah, and that I was still obligated to pay the remaining outstanding balance. At the time I had accumulated approximately 178,000 points and asked that they send that to me in a check instead of purchases.

Then the ** hit the fan! They notified me that upon canceling my card that they forfeited my points!! That equated to about $2,000. I was so upset and surprised that I was left speechless at what I considered to be outright white collar bullying and theft. Not to mention the headache I had regarding money during my vacation. I will steer clear of these guys in the future and will make sure to warn anyone else to steer clear as well. What a scam.

Original review: March 22, 2015

My father passed away suddenly on 3/3/15. My poor mother just wanted to ensure that all bills were paper billing, as she's not digitally-savvy and wanted to ensure that everything was paid and up-to-date. She called requesting paper billing. Upon saying that her husband passed away and that requested bills be sent in the mail via paper billing, the customer service agent PROMPTLY CLOSED HER ACCOUNT. Why? Because the primary card holder was my father. Granted, she had a card under her name under the account, same billing address, etc. However, no options were offered, just a "discount code" to apply for a new account. I walked in to her, my poor mother... 2 days after saying goodbye to her spouse of 40+ years... politely trying to answer application questions to some random jerk that was giving her a hard time for not knowing her weekly income when they're retired. Honestly...

I called Amex and got her a card under my account in 2 seconds flat. Both her Citi MC and Discover had zero issues making the billing in her name and issuing paper billing. Your company is the worst. Wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy... because that emotional distress is too much for anyone to bear. I would have loved to say this all in their survey that they sent after the fact, but they've so conveniently made it a 7 day turnaround or it's expired. Because clearly, we're all just waiting to give them feedback. So much for trying to do the right thing by the company and keep bills paid. PFFT... Never again.

Original review: March 21, 2015

They put a hold on my card, repeatedly, without letting me know that it's no longer active. I have now been on hold for close to 2 hours. And after 1 hour, they just cut you off, so you have to call back. I suspect there's not anyone actually there.

Resolution response: April 10, 2015

Card was ultimately reinstated.

Original review: March 19, 2015

Received new cards. Called to activate. To my surprise ended up on eternal hold to talk to a person. When she did come on the line, I couldn't understand her very well because of her accent. Said I had several past-due unpaid recurring charges (three charges, $10 each) and very carefully explained way too many times what "recurring charges" were and that I needed to pay them (as if I am an idiot). This was news to me. Turns out they arbitrarily decided to quit sending me e-mail notifications to pay my bill online beginning in January and I didn't notice. Went online right away to pay balance. Checked next day; payment had been canceled (why?) and an additional late charge was added (smooth, very smooth). Set up payment again. Couple days later decided to go back online to make sure payment went through... but now my account doesn't exist! Really?

I originally got this card a couple decades ago when it actually was Fidelity, but without warning my account is suddenly history? Not that I planned to ever (make that EVER) use the card again, but still. It should be up to me to drop the card. I was already giving them a break. A while back, I mailed in my payment two weeks ahead of time and was very surprised to see a late charge on my next statement. They insisted that I hadn't sent my payment in early enough; I insisted it sat on someone's desk, ignored. They dropped the late charge. What a scam.

Original review: March 19, 2015

FIA caller posing as a security matter used my privileged private information attempting to obtain personal information on my employees. Follow-up verified FIA wanted this personal information of employees to sell Bank of America credit cards!!

Original review: March 12, 2015

I have never had a card with these people and suddenly today I get a notice from the IRS that FIA card services has reported a debt consolidation of over $5k and now I owe the IRS $1700 in back taxes on unreported income!! What the hell??? I have never had a credit card with these people. Never received any correspondence with them ever…not even a supposed 1099 for this supposed debt. I am happy to read that I am not the only one that this has happened to though...I am going to dispute this with the IRS. But you would think that the IRS would take the time to investigate this fraudulent company. I guess they are half expecting people to not argue and just pay the damn $.

Well guess what IRS...I can’t afford to pay it. I am disabled...unable to work and I am going to fight you with everything I got. I don’t know what the hell this is all about but I am not even going to FIA to inquire after reading all these complaints that their lack of customer service and intelligence.... that just spells fraud right there!! Get with the program IRS!!!

Updated on 06/02/2015: Follow up to original review of FIA Card services. They sent some supposed 1099 bad debt write off to the IRS. I sent a copy of my credit report to the IRS along with a dispute letter showing proof that I have never had an FIA credit card and the IRS responded that I am still responsible for the debt and that I need to contact FIA to get proof that I never had an acct. FIA says I have an acct. I don't know how that's possible when it's not in my credit report. I don't own a credit card and I have never heard of them until now. I can't pay this outrageous bill. They say that they sent me a 1099 in 2014. Nope, never received it. They said they will resend it to me now but I am still responsible for the bill that doesn't exist. And the battle continues...

Original review: March 7, 2015

I just received a letter from the IRS stating I didn't claim income from FIA Card Services stating I now owe the IRS $674 from my 2013 taxes. First, I have never received a 1099-C from this company and was totally unaware. After reading all the comments here, I feel it may be about a BOA debt from 2006 that BOA agreed to write it off. I feel like our government & this company are both screwing me over. I have no choice but to pay the IRS while I dispute this because they will keep adding interest if I don't.

My question is how far back can these crooked companies go back and file these 1099-c? My thought was the debt or write off had to happened within that tax year. IRS wants proof you don't owe it, but my dealings with BOA in 2006 was by phone. This company would not provide any documentation to me when I called them. Why is our government so quick to hit us with fees & interest without even investigating to see if it's legitimate... especially if you are a taxpayer who has never had issues with a return. Anyone know a good tax lawyer who knows how to file lawsuits against these collection agency mafias? I wonder if IRS splits the $ they collect with these crooks, since they seem to be in cahoots with them.

Original review: March 1, 2015

My log in did not work. I kept a record of my log in and the last time I used it along with the password. Went to suggested "Help With Log in". The next screen asked for social security number. After I entered it correctly 3X, I was still not able to log in because the information was deemed incorrect. I know exactly what my log in was and my social security number is. I called their customer service and was asked for the last 4 digits of my social security number. I was re-directed electronically to a number where the office was closed. That is not 24/7 help. I'm cancelling my card.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2015

We were contacted regarding someone who used our credit card in Brooklyn for an even amount of money. We were told to call back. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 24/7! HA! I have called at 7PM, 11PM, 2AM, 6AM, and have been told: "Due to the weather in the northeast" ...so hold on. I've put the phone on speaker and waited each time for 15 minutes. This company sounds bogus to me! The charges sound bogus to me. And, all we want to do is CLOSE THIS ACCOUNT ASAP!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2015

I have had my card frozen at least once or twice a month. Just recently I called to inform FIA that I would be traveling but they stopped my card anyway. I called from Vietnam and waited AN HOUR on the phone and no one answered. Altogether, FIA stopped my card twice on the trip and I spent 3 hours on the phone trying to make contact with a person.

When I first got my Amex card in 2012 the service was bad. It then improved for a while. In the last 6-8 months, the service has been terrible. Wait times when calling are outrageously long. I just submitted one of their surveys and it came back as undeliverable. FIA is totally out of control. I'll be searching for a new card. I can't be traveling and dealing with their constant nonsense. Love the rebate--hate the service.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2015

Applied for an Amex/Fidelity branded card assuming (wrongly) there would be an adequate level of customer service (and because of a 2% cash back rewards program). WRONG. Every use of the card seems to trigger a fraud alert, customer service inept although chirpy, some aspect of the website broken it seems ALWAYS. It ain't Amex folks. And it ain't Fidelity either. It is CRUMMY FIA SERVICES. Buyer beware.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

I only have a credit card via FIA because they are the processor for Fidelity Investments American Express card. I am an Apple shareholder and want to use Apple Pay. It is now mid-February, four months after the launch of Apple Pay and FIA still does not accommodate my Fidelity Credit card. Yes, I have plugged my VISA card into Apple Pay (thank you Chase Bank) but I prefer that my Fidelity A/X card be my primary card due to cash rebates. Why can so many smaller credit card processors get their act together regarding Apple Pay but FIA falls on their face?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2015

I signed up for Fidelity AMEX and VISA because they say they give 2% points into your account (this is difficult to make happen) but the most annoying is that they do NOT SEND EBILLs and make it extra hard to pay your balance in-full on a regular basis. So BEWARE. You will likely get extra interest charges on this card unless you are super organized every month since you cannot manage payments like other cards. I am going back to using my non-FIA credit cards. This company will be in the news before the end of the year for gouging customers.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2015

I paid by AmEx issued by Fidelity investment account to buy a light bulb for car at Auto Zone in Toledo. The guy installed it or pretended to, but it did not work and he refused to credit my FIA card. I filed a complaint to the FIA, they just sent me a form letter that the Auto Zone denied to credit the disputed amount and the dispute has been resolved. What did they resolve and why they refused to credit, no explanation. BEWARE OF FIDELITY INVESTMENT AND AMEX. I AM CLOSING MY OVER HALF A MILLION DOLLARS ACCOUNTS FOR OVER 30 Years.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

We paid off a settlement so we saved money and I spent months last year trying to get the 1099C they owe us. Then after 2 months of getting nowhere I was told it was going to be sent to us for 2014 tax year...it was closed on books in that year. I have been calling them. I had all my notes from last year and I am still getting run around.

I was told by a Tia that no such 1099C was being processed. I told her it is legally they get to me and it has to be postmarked by Jan 31st and this is income I need to report for our taxes. She said she was going to order it with that dept and for me to call back with 5 days or more. I told her that is not acceptable. This is a no-brainer -- they know the info, they just need to print it and mail it. I asked for that specific dept number...I want to talk to them. She would not give to me. I have Tia's extension. I am calling her Friday to check on this status.

If I get nowhere I am filing my taxes anyway and if they send it to me I will amend it. I just can't believe I am being honest, need document and they won't provide to me. This really makes me mad. And so unethically and I really think illegal on their part. How do they get away with this stuff? I can't believe no one looks into these complaints and take serious action. I want to report them...but to who? This really makes me so mad. I am spending hours on phone and getting nowhere.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

I have been a card holder since 2002, so I am not new to the company. Their service since their "improvements" to their web features in May 2013 should have been a sign. It was a return to 1995 level of web features and a noticeable decline in customer service. All contact with the company is limited to a phone number that insists on your voice selections that it never recognizes - for as many times as I have needed to call them, it is really frustrating. The safety valve of repeatedly pressing "0" to talk to a human right away has been eliminated. The email or other contact features that other credit companies offer is not there - email communications, online chat services, etc.

The level of customer care and training of their employees are lacking - not understanding basic English (and the call center is not overseas). Most inquiries have required me to be rerouted several times because the customer care assistant is either uninformed on interest rate features, not familiar how to resolve disputes with payments, and basic credit relief features. It took nearly five months of back and forth calling, delays in paperwork processing due to incorrect directions provided by their specialists with interest rate adjustments, and a complaint with their legal compliance department in processing my Civil Service members Relief Act interest rate adjustment.

Instead of having features like American Express or Capital One that have a devoted department or at least the ability/desire to electronically verify military service done within 30 days or so, military members are required to mail orders and other documentation with a cryptically worded response arriving in the mail. After receiving confirmation that my interest rate would be adjusted and verifying military service, I then received a letter that my card would be closed if I did not verify my citizenship.

After filing another complaint, I decided to take the adjustment in my balance and pay off the card, hoping that I would leave the card open to help keep my credit score higher. Thinking that this had passed, I then discover this billing cycle that their auto-payment features will continue deducting even with $0 balance, and without authorization, they disabled my auto-payment feature after I asked them not to do so on the phone. When asking to speak with someone with more responsibility/authority, I proceeded to be cycled through for over 10 minutes without anyone responding.

I would not recommend this credit card to anyone, especially the military. Be prepared for auto-payment issues and delays with services that they are required by law to provide. For CSRA adjustments, Capital One or American Express will go beyond the letter of the law and adjust to 4% (versus 6%), have a dedicated military customer services department, and provide quality customer care over the phone or even online chat, something else that FIA does not offer.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2015

I assumed since it was Amex (really fia card services) I would be good to go. Oh was I wrong... Online platform is confusing, not user friendly, and full of bugs. I've had cards with Chase, Amex, and a few others and never encountered the failings I have with this company. I would say every other time I log in I get locked out. Either they will send me in a loop which requires repeatedly entering my user name and password, or it will just lock me out. Their solution? Clear out my cookies. Really!? The customer service is completely oblivious on how to help.

I've on multiple occasions had payments double post, which overdraws my account. Also, the payments always post at least a day later than any of my other cards. If you make a payment the day it is due, it will post the next day causing it to be late. I was told to make my payment a few days ahead, otherwise it will keep happening. Absolutely atrocious all around. If not for the 2% on all purchases I would have closed this a long time ago. As soon as I redeem my points, I'm gone. Just can't deal with hours spend on the phone dealing with these rejects.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2015

I got this Fidelity Investment Rewards Amer Exp charge card in the mail in Oct 2014 and it looked interesting so I used it to purchase a computer and other lesser items. When the bill was due I went to their website to pay it. Website ONLY allows you to make the Minimum payment with no option to pay in full! Is that legal? I didn't want to make only the minimum payment so I called them to get website help. NO ONE UNDERSTOOD THE WEBSITE so they took my payment over the phone. THEN I got a letter saying the payment was rejected. SO I call them and they took down the bank account # wrong AND they can only take a payment from a Checking account (which they never mentioned when I first called them). Tonight I log into my account and there is a charge I did NOT make on my current transaction screen. I call to report this and am on hold for over 45 minutes so I hand up. Then I find this page of 144+ complaints and just had to add my experience. Do NOT recommend at ALL.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2014

Worst credit card provider I've ever used. They have a hypersensitive and mindless fraud control policy. Several times a year they suddenly put a block on my account and disallow all transactions. They block payments to companies I've paid with the card in the past for no reason at all and say it's "suspicious". They once blocked a payment to Geico because they never heard of that insurance company! Usually they don't even bother to contact me, so I don't find out until an automatic bill payment fails. I end up looking like a deadbeat because they don't explain to the merchant why the charge is being declined. They offer paperless billing but the emails never get sent. When I contacted them about not receiving my emailed statements they told me it's broken and can't be fixed. They don't offer automatic payments like many other card providers. If it wasn't for the 2% cash back with no cap I would cancel this card instantly.

FIA Card Services Company Information