Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
1.20/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

FIA Card Services Reviews

Original review: April 10, 2016

I am on my 5th credit card number in 7 months. I am OK with a company trying to stop fraud but FIA Card Services transfers the account to a new account number without notifying the customer. So when you go to a store the account is declined. You then spend 15 minutes on the phone trying to get them to activate the account. Their Fraud Detection algorithms are terrible and greatly inconvenience the customer.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

I have had nothing but trouble with this credit card since the day I got it. My main complaint is that they NEVER post my rewards to my account as promised. I call every month, am told that the rewards will be posted, and it never happens. I've had the card six months and I'm closing it after I pay this month. I would recommend anyone thinking that this card/rewards offers sounds good, think again! I have heard every excuse in the book and still - no rewards.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2016

I am a Fidelity FIA Card Services American Express customer with a claim for a broken tablet. The tablet was damaged within a month of purchase. I filed a claim by postal mail with TWG Innovative Solutions and after 4 month I called, since I did not hear back from them. They claim they asked for additional info by email which I never received. I asked for proof for them contacting me and they did not have it. So they closed the claim and cannot reopen the claim.

When I told them that this makes the use of the American Express Card mute, since the benefit claims are circumvented, they said, they are a 3rd party provider and I can take up my complaint with Fidelity/FIA Card Services American Express. Unfortunately at Fidelity/FIA Card Services American Express I had only a sympathetic operator, who could only refer me back to the 3rd party provider. So the card benefits look great but are useless. They waste your time and find a way to stick the loss to you.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2015

I paid off my bill in total and they charged me interest anyway. Since I thought this wasn't right, I cancelled the card. I had an automatic payment set up for $500 a month and they took it out of my account anyway, even though I have a zero balance! Three weeks and ten phone calls later and I still don't have my money back!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2015

I placed a payment online through their system and closed my account. This is after their representative told me on the phone that everything is taken care of. Then 3 months later they send me letters for an unpaid balance and interest. What's so shady is that they deleted, yes deleted the records of the payment I had submitted to pay the balance. Bottom line, don't trust them and keep every payment confirmation code.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FIA Card Services?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2015

I've had this card for about a year and only once was it frozen due to suspected fraud. It was resolved within a day and I'd have questioned the account as well. I do wish they'd text me as it's embarrassing to be denied over a $15 charge. The 2% back to my Fidelity account is great, I've earned about $500.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015

On Oct 30, I committed the mortal sin of making 3 payments to my FIA card through their online service. I attempted to make an additional payment on Nov 10, and the online payment service refused to accept the payment for the reason "you have exceeded the number of payment for a CALENDAR period. To me, a CALENDAR period is from the 1st of the month to the 28th, 30th or 31st. According to FIA 3 payments on Oct 30 means that I cannot make a payment using their online service until DECEMBER 20TH!!! Online paying is getting more and more inconvenient and making the USPS look better and better.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

I have literally spent over two hours and 10 phone calls to resolve a misplaced card issue that would have taken 5 minutes to replace with AMEX. I was hung up on by a "supervisor"despite not using any profanity or raised voice tone. They will not reveal names of VP's or contact information to email complaints to. There are multiple levels of managers and no two agree on procedures. They have nothing to do with Fidelity and nothing to do with AMEX, just using those monikers to add credence to their company. It is a lie, they are total incompetents. I beg you use any other company but them. Capital one and Citibank both offer 2% cards now.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2015

I applied for a Fidelity American Express card based on the offer of 2% cash back on all purchases. When I got the card, the paperwork informed me that the card was issued by FIA Card Services under license by American Express. Therefore, none of the existing Amex protections apply. Nonetheless, I accepted the card. I've now tried to pay the balance due online via my Fidelity cash management account and I'm told that the account cannot be verified so I have to call Customer Service. (I find it odd as well as extremely inconvenient that the card account that is attached to my Fidelity account cannot be verified.)

I did call Customer Service and they tell me I have to submit a form via snail mail to verify my account. In the meantime, I cannot make a payment of more than $300--against a balance of several thousand dollars--so it appears FIA/Fidelity will reap the benefit of an interest charge to me that I have no interest in incurring. Stay away from FIA and DO NOT be fooled into believing that Fidelity issues an American Express card.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2015

I have been trying to find out about my bill because I pay on line from my bank. A couple of times my payment was rejected and I had to submit again - not sure why. So I knew I had some catch up for maybe one month - the recording say "call us" and I finally did - "sorry we can't talk to you until you are up to date..." So for 2 months in a row I paid twice, why am I not up to date? Seriously you can't talk to me!!! Remember FIA was once a good card until Bank of America took over - in all the years I had it I never had a problem. Tonight the cust service person said "maybe you can't make your bills!!" Now that is customer service - look back at my history!!!

FIA Card Services Company Information