1.20/5
Based on 137 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

204 FIA Card Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Called me about disability payment from social security - They called me and after saying things over and over for 2 hours I talked to several people and one wanted my SS #. I was hesitated to give it. But he assured that I was going thru the application. I didn't get any such application they were talking about. I applied for a job temporary handicap parking. I had knee replacement surgery Feb 13. On Tuesday after President's Day the application for handicap parking was sent in. Wed. (Yesterday) FIA card services called me. I looked it up on Google and it's a bank!!! I'm so confused and I have put my SS #. This makes me very nervous. Then while physical therapy was here, FIA CARD SERVICES called me again but didn't leave messages. I think they are a scam.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I have called in now 4 times over a day and half to request a redemption of my reward points as cash back. Each time I'm told that their "system" is having difficulty and to call back. This is very poor customer service and they won't even offer to call me back when the problem is resolved. Ready to quit using the FIA Card Services folks if I can find a card that doesn't use them for the back end services. Careful who services the credit card you use.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

I got a card with this company through my financial advisor, who has dropped them. I would think the customer service would be better given the number of times I personally have had to call. So far my card has been canceled for returned payment due to a processing error, lack of payment due to a banking information error, holding a high balance due to an inability to access my banking information, and fraudulent charge. I have had the card about six months and have confirmed my bank information three times over the internet and two times over the phone.

When I called I was told the late payments were a computer error and I could call IT to make sure it didn't happen again. When I spoke to them about the returned payments they were missing two numbers from my account number, this is after confirming with IT and two payments going through. When they could not access my banking information I was told to just switch to bank of America. The fraudulent charge I identified as mine only after being put on hold for twenty-three minutes. The carrying a too high balance, after I told them that they were messing up my payments, they made me re-apply and then "waived a secured card requirement" thing that I don't understand.

As of now my banking info is still unconfirmed in their system so I can only pay the minimum balance unless I have a certified check made. Any one of these things is not a big deal. All of these mistakes over four or five years is fine. All of them in six months is unacceptable and being treated poorly on top is beyond ridiculous. As soon as I find another card that fits my needs this one is gone.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

My understanding is that FIA card services was acquired by Bank of America. My fiancé made a purchase of over $900 on his BofA card where he's made arrangements for auto pay through his bank, Wells Fargo. When he checked his Wells Fargo Bank account, he noticed that the Bank of America and FIA credit card services both withdrew the same amount from his account. He complained to Wells Fargo, and they had FIA credit card service credit his account with that amount, but FIA charged him $25. He called Bank of America to let them know what happened but, of course, they denied having anything to do with this. Next we'll try FIA credit card service and will see what happens. I checked online about FIA credit card service, and it appears this double charging by BofA and FIA has happened before and continues to happen. Who does one complain to about this, the Federal Reserve System?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2016

I received the new chip card and when I try activate it, it gets declined. I have called 4 times in a month and was on hold for 20 minutes without anyone answering. I even called and for the automated system I tried every scenario, from activate a card to Fraud with no answers. My card expires in 2 weeks and I am probably going to cancel the card. Amazing how bad they are. If I was a victim of fraud, why would they ignore it. I think they are on the way out of business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FIA Card Services?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

I signed up for this card for their 2 points (2%) for every $1 spent rewards program. Over the years I accumulated 340,000 points with fidelity credit card under American express. You were never able to receive 2% cash back unless you used the points towards your statement or used it towards a fidelity investment account. I was unable to login to the account today so I called around and found out there is a new company that manages these credit cards. The rewards program has changed and I can only redeem that amount (2%) if I put it in a fidelity investment account. If I want to pay off my card using my rewards then I only get 1%. How is this legal since that wasn't what I signed up for?

Well the manager I spoke to over the phone said that I activated my new card. And when you active your new card, you are agreeing to their new terms. I would receive a new credit card from Fidelity probably twice a year so I did not check this last time before activating to see if the company and rewards program changed!!! They definitely scammed us!

Resolution response: Aug. 8, 2016

I made a mistake and jumped to conclusions about the cause of my cards cancellation. It turns out they were cancelled because Fidelity switched service providers. The confusion could have been avoided if FIA had put a notice of the change on their website, rather than a generic cancellation message.

Original review: July 29, 2016

There is an obvious scam going on with FIA card services. These reviews are riddled with people who had their cards cancelled for "suspicious activity" and had a surplus of points forfeited (stolen). Talk about non playing fair. People who are actually winning the cashback game are suddenly accused of having "suspicious activity", and then have their cards cancelled. And their ToS give them the ridiculous out of saying they don't have to provide any reason for the cancellation. I found out when my card was declined after using it overseas. I went to log in to my account, and found my accounts had been deleted. Incidentally, I had no late payments, and a surplus of points. Don't worry FIA card services. Your days are numbered. New fintech technologies happening now will render you obsolete in 5 to 10 years. I can't wait! And shame on Fidelity for using these crooks.

Original review: May 29, 2016

Good card - hard to contact!!! The card itself has been a good experience but it is a nightmare to have to take the time to telephone whenever there is an issue or question. As of now this company only offers telephone call options for any issue. Please add a chat and/or email service.

Original review: May 23, 2016

Very poor service, unresponsive, busy fax. Unable to resolve fraudulent merchants and disputes. Burden of proof on consumer. Inconsistent or nonexistent disclosure, attitude of indifference, apathy.

Original review: April 10, 2016

I am on my 5th credit card number in 7 months. I am OK with a company trying to stop fraud but FIA Card Services transfers the account to a new account number without notifying the customer. So when you go to a store the account is declined. You then spend 15 minutes on the phone trying to get them to activate the account. Their Fraud Detection algorithms are terrible and greatly inconvenience the customer.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

I have had nothing but trouble with this credit card since the day I got it. My main complaint is that they NEVER post my rewards to my account as promised. I call every month, am told that the rewards will be posted, and it never happens. I've had the card six months and I'm closing it after I pay this month. I would recommend anyone thinking that this card/rewards offers sounds good, think again! I have heard every excuse in the book and still - no rewards.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2016

I am a Fidelity FIA Card Services American Express customer with a claim for a broken tablet. The tablet was damaged within a month of purchase. I filed a claim by postal mail with TWG Innovative Solutions and after 4 month I called, since I did not hear back from them. They claim they asked for additional info by email which I never received. I asked for proof for them contacting me and they did not have it. So they closed the claim and cannot reopen the claim.

When I told them that this makes the use of the American Express Card mute, since the benefit claims are circumvented, they said, they are a 3rd party provider and I can take up my complaint with Fidelity/FIA Card Services American Express. Unfortunately at Fidelity/FIA Card Services American Express I had only a sympathetic operator, who could only refer me back to the 3rd party provider. So the card benefits look great but are useless. They waste your time and find a way to stick the loss to you.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2015

I paid off my bill in total and they charged me interest anyway. Since I thought this wasn't right, I cancelled the card. I had an automatic payment set up for $500 a month and they took it out of my account anyway, even though I have a zero balance! Three weeks and ten phone calls later and I still don't have my money back!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2015

I placed a payment online through their system and closed my account. This is after their representative told me on the phone that everything is taken care of. Then 3 months later they send me letters for an unpaid balance and interest. What's so shady is that they deleted, yes deleted the records of the payment I had submitted to pay the balance. Bottom line, don't trust them and keep every payment confirmation code.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2015

I've had this card for about a year and only once was it frozen due to suspected fraud. It was resolved within a day and I'd have questioned the account as well. I do wish they'd text me as it's embarrassing to be denied over a $15 charge. The 2% back to my Fidelity account is great, I've earned about $500.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015

On Oct 30, I committed the mortal sin of making 3 payments to my FIA card through their online service. I attempted to make an additional payment on Nov 10, and the online payment service refused to accept the payment for the reason "you have exceeded the number of payment for a CALENDAR period. To me, a CALENDAR period is from the 1st of the month to the 28th, 30th or 31st. According to FIA 3 payments on Oct 30 means that I cannot make a payment using their online service until DECEMBER 20TH!!! Online paying is getting more and more inconvenient and making the USPS look better and better.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

I have literally spent over two hours and 10 phone calls to resolve a misplaced card issue that would have taken 5 minutes to replace with AMEX. I was hung up on by a "supervisor"despite not using any profanity or raised voice tone. They will not reveal names of VP's or contact information to email complaints to. There are multiple levels of managers and no two agree on procedures. They have nothing to do with Fidelity and nothing to do with AMEX, just using those monikers to add credence to their company. It is a lie, they are total incompetents. I beg you use any other company but them. Capital one and Citibank both offer 2% cards now.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2015

I applied for a Fidelity American Express card based on the offer of 2% cash back on all purchases. When I got the card, the paperwork informed me that the card was issued by FIA Card Services under license by American Express. Therefore, none of the existing Amex protections apply. Nonetheless, I accepted the card. I've now tried to pay the balance due online via my Fidelity cash management account and I'm told that the account cannot be verified so I have to call Customer Service. (I find it odd as well as extremely inconvenient that the card account that is attached to my Fidelity account cannot be verified.)

I did call Customer Service and they tell me I have to submit a form via snail mail to verify my account. In the meantime, I cannot make a payment of more than $300--against a balance of several thousand dollars--so it appears FIA/Fidelity will reap the benefit of an interest charge to me that I have no interest in incurring. Stay away from FIA and DO NOT be fooled into believing that Fidelity issues an American Express card.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2015

I have been trying to find out about my bill because I pay on line from my bank. A couple of times my payment was rejected and I had to submit again - not sure why. So I knew I had some catch up for maybe one month - the recording say "call us" and I finally did - "sorry we can't talk to you until you are up to date..." So for 2 months in a row I paid twice, why am I not up to date? Seriously you can't talk to me!!! Remember FIA was once a good card until Bank of America took over - in all the years I had it I never had a problem. Tonight the cust service person said "maybe you can't make your bills!!" Now that is customer service - look back at my history!!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

FIA Card Services declined a bunch of charges and then locked my account for no reason at all. They could not give me a reason, and said that they weren't able to contact me, yet there are no voicemail messages, no missed calls, no text messages, and no emails from FIA. I auto pay my bill every month and there was no balance on the card at the time. DO NOT think that because this card carries the Fidelity name on it that it is to be trusted. Do yourself a favor and deal with a reputable company instead.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2015

This card has been a nightmare. Twice in three weeks they froze my account, to account for fraud, they said. There were no fraudulent charges. Yes, a month later, my card was hacked. I called to report fraud and I got a rude, disrespectful worker who closed my account!! Without telling me. I called back and someone said she would send me a new card. Hours later, she blew up my phone by calling me over and over until I picked up. When I did, she didn't introduce herself or the card company-she passed me to some guy. Turns out, he was trying to open a new account for me. I had to REAPPLY for my own credit card. I hung up. I'm so done with them. I've been a member for 17 years and they got a lot of money from me. But no more. What a joke of a company. STAY AWAY.

Original review: July 24, 2015

While my payments have been accurately recorded for the past ten years -- this past month they kept claiming it hadn't gone through. Finally I called Fidelity and was told that if it is a direct debit the numbers 39900000 have to be added. I tried to speak to customer service -- none of them understood and would hang up. Today they took out three payments from my account - $550, $550 and $610.92. If one calls there is no one who understands the systems; so at this time I have all this money locked in with them.

Original review: July 10, 2015

Never get a credit card from FIA Card Services. I called for a payoff 2 months ago, they took my banking info to pay off my balance and close my account. 3 months later I get a bill in the mail stating I owe for interest... Interest on what? Scam Artist I tell you! Don't ever, ever deal with this company!

Original review: June 30, 2015

They keep calling from different numbers even after I spoke to a rep and also requested on computer to be taken off. It's going on for months.

Original review: June 18, 2015

My Ex-wife (divorced in 2008) filed a chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2010 and was granted and all debt was discharged. I have all stamped and signed and her discharged paperwork for her. FIA services put a lien on MY house that the ex hasn't lived in since 2008. I need someone from FIA to get in touch with me to resolve this issue even if it means me paying them the "owed" balance. I have faxed over all the paperwork as I was told it is the only way to get thru with no luck. I send certified mail to whatever address I could find for FIA card services. Need help badly as I want to sell my house and move away but can't with lien on it. Maybe someone knows what steps I should take next?

Original review: June 1, 2015

Their online payment portal is an absolute joke and I believe is set to up to actually encourage end users to NOT be able to pay their bills on time. I am a software engineer and understand how these types of systems work. I am 100% unable to set up an auto payment to pay my bills. The system only allows me to pay a fixed sum at a monthly interval, and when I don't spend the exact same amount of money each month as no human does, I am hit with an interest charge when I have the money- but FIA Card Services was too dumb to understand how every other payment portal out there works. I have suffered through with these guys for 6 months, hoping that they were working on some kind of fix here, but it is still not here as of today. As a result, I will be canceling my account with them and going with a company that was able to hire competent engineers with the ability to allow full auto-pay in 2015.

Original review: May 28, 2015

I received a phone call from this business at 8:34 PM yesterday. The telephone number was 649-9607 and since I didn't know who it was, I didn't pick up. In trying to locate this number on AnyWho.com, it didn't come up. I assumed it was in the same state where I lived. I'm wondering if whomever called, is trying to get personal information to use. If it was legitimate from my bank or charge card company, they would have called between 8-5 PM.

Original review: May 28, 2015

FIA Card Services continually freezes my account. I understand the severity of the fraud industry and appreciate efforts by credit card companies to reduce fraud. However FIA has an extremely poor model as they have let fraud occur on my account but freeze my legitimate purchases. The worst part is that they make no attempt to notify you that your account was frozen, you find out when your card is denied. Then when you call in it is a minimum of 15 minutes or more before you can speak to someone. They are not at all focused on the customer.

Original review: May 22, 2015

I called FIA to make a claim against a company. I thought I was on the same page with the assistant. I hadn't heard anything back so I called FIA. Turns out the person who assisted me was lazy and had listed the wrong company on my complaint. The dollar amounts were similar and we're in the same time frame. I finally got through to a supervisor and he helped straighten things out. Funny, I recall this same thing happen to me before with FIA. Seems they have lazy people working for them. I also seem to need a new credit card at least once a year for each of my Fidelity accounts (Visa and AE). Fraudulent charges. I'm careful with my cards. Last time they didn't even notify me, but let me get embarrassed when my Visa card wouldn't accept charges (the restaurant didn't accept AE cards). Good thing my brother in law came to the rescue and paid.

Original review: May 18, 2015

The first time I noticed a duplicate debit come out of my bank account, I called Bank of America and they told me the problem was how I had my automatic payment set up. I went back and checked the ambiguous set up and it seemed to be what I wanted. Now months later I'm looking at my bank account, wondering why I'm running out of money again (we're both on Social Security). Turns out Bank of America and FIA Card Services (a subsidiary of Bank Of America) have each been debiting the same amount on the same day out of my bank account. Are they both crooks, or just one of them?

FIA Card Services Company Information

secure.fiacardservices.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business