Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
1.20/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

205 FIA Card Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I have received a phone call everyday for the last week. I have not answered until this morning. They said they were calling to verify information. I refused to answer even when they said my name. He/She said they were calling about the rewards program. I told them to take me off the calling list. We shall see!!!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Called me about disability payment from social security - They called me and after saying things over and over for 2 hours I talked to several people and one wanted my SS #. I was hesitated to give it. But he assured that I was going thru the application. I didn't get any such application they were talking about. I applied for a job temporary handicap parking. I had knee replacement surgery Feb 13. On Tuesday after President's Day the application for handicap parking was sent in. Wed. (Yesterday) FIA card services called me. I looked it up on Google and it's a bank!!! I'm so confused and I have put my SS #. This makes me very nervous. Then while physical therapy was here, FIA CARD SERVICES called me again but didn't leave messages. I think they are a scam.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I have called in now 4 times over a day and half to request a redemption of my reward points as cash back. Each time I'm told that their "system" is having difficulty and to call back. This is very poor customer service and they won't even offer to call me back when the problem is resolved. Ready to quit using the FIA Card Services folks if I can find a card that doesn't use them for the back end services. Careful who services the credit card you use.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

I got a card with this company through my financial advisor, who has dropped them. I would think the customer service would be better given the number of times I personally have had to call. So far my card has been canceled for returned payment due to a processing error, lack of payment due to a banking information error, holding a high balance due to an inability to access my banking information, and fraudulent charge. I have had the card about six months and have confirmed my bank information three times over the internet and two times over the phone.

When I called I was told the late payments were a computer error and I could call IT to make sure it didn't happen again. When I spoke to them about the returned payments they were missing two numbers from my account number, this is after confirming with IT and two payments going through. When they could not access my banking information I was told to just switch to bank of America. The fraudulent charge I identified as mine only after being put on hold for twenty-three minutes. The carrying a too high balance, after I told them that they were messing up my payments, they made me re-apply and then "waived a secured card requirement" thing that I don't understand.

As of now my banking info is still unconfirmed in their system so I can only pay the minimum balance unless I have a certified check made. Any one of these things is not a big deal. All of these mistakes over four or five years is fine. All of them in six months is unacceptable and being treated poorly on top is beyond ridiculous. As soon as I find another card that fits my needs this one is gone.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

My understanding is that FIA card services was acquired by Bank of America. My fiancé made a purchase of over $900 on his BofA card where he's made arrangements for auto pay through his bank, Wells Fargo. When he checked his Wells Fargo Bank account, he noticed that the Bank of America and FIA credit card services both withdrew the same amount from his account. He complained to Wells Fargo, and they had FIA credit card service credit his account with that amount, but FIA charged him $25. He called Bank of America to let them know what happened but, of course, they denied having anything to do with this. Next we'll try FIA credit card service and will see what happens. I checked online about FIA credit card service, and it appears this double charging by BofA and FIA has happened before and continues to happen. Who does one complain to about this, the Federal Reserve System?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FIA Card Services?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2016

I received the new chip card and when I try activate it, it gets declined. I have called 4 times in a month and was on hold for 20 minutes without anyone answering. I even called and for the automated system I tried every scenario, from activate a card to Fraud with no answers. My card expires in 2 weeks and I am probably going to cancel the card. Amazing how bad they are. If I was a victim of fraud, why would they ignore it. I think they are on the way out of business.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

I signed up for this card for their 2 points (2%) for every $1 spent rewards program. Over the years I accumulated 340,000 points with fidelity credit card under American express. You were never able to receive 2% cash back unless you used the points towards your statement or used it towards a fidelity investment account. I was unable to login to the account today so I called around and found out there is a new company that manages these credit cards. The rewards program has changed and I can only redeem that amount (2%) if I put it in a fidelity investment account. If I want to pay off my card using my rewards then I only get 1%. How is this legal since that wasn't what I signed up for?

Well the manager I spoke to over the phone said that I activated my new card. And when you active your new card, you are agreeing to their new terms. I would receive a new credit card from Fidelity probably twice a year so I did not check this last time before activating to see if the company and rewards program changed!!! They definitely scammed us!

Resolution response: Aug. 8, 2016

I made a mistake and jumped to conclusions about the cause of my cards cancellation. It turns out they were cancelled because Fidelity switched service providers. The confusion could have been avoided if FIA had put a notice of the change on their website, rather than a generic cancellation message.

Original review: July 29, 2016

There is an obvious scam going on with FIA card services. These reviews are riddled with people who had their cards cancelled for "suspicious activity" and had a surplus of points forfeited (stolen). Talk about non playing fair. People who are actually winning the cashback game are suddenly accused of having "suspicious activity", and then have their cards cancelled. And their ToS give them the ridiculous out of saying they don't have to provide any reason for the cancellation. I found out when my card was declined after using it overseas. I went to log in to my account, and found my accounts had been deleted. Incidentally, I had no late payments, and a surplus of points. Don't worry FIA card services. Your days are numbered. New fintech technologies happening now will render you obsolete in 5 to 10 years. I can't wait! And shame on Fidelity for using these crooks.

Original review: May 23, 2016

Very poor service, unresponsive, busy fax. Unable to resolve fraudulent merchants and disputes. Burden of proof on consumer. Inconsistent or nonexistent disclosure, attitude of indifference, apathy.

Original review: May 29, 2016

Good card - hard to contact!!! The card itself has been a good experience but it is a nightmare to have to take the time to telephone whenever there is an issue or question. As of now this company only offers telephone call options for any issue. Please add a chat and/or email service.

FIA Card Services Company Information