Find a Credit Cards partner

Chase Credit Cards

3.9/5 (1713 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Chase Credit Cards

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Top Chase Credit Cards Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Verified

We had the Chase Ink Business cards for about 20 years now and they have been simply fantastic. We've got about a dozen employees that are cardholders and when we get the statemen...

Verified

I currently have two Chase credit cards and they have been a good source of cash rewards. Customer service has always been courteous and efficient and has gone out of their way to...

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Compare the best Chase credit cards

Chase offers a variety of top credit cards for personal and business use. Chase cardholders can earn cash back, travel rewards and generous signup bonuses, plus take advantage of 0% introductory APR periods for balance transfers and new purchases. Before you apply for a Chase credit card, be aware of Chase’s 5/24 rule — Chase automatically rejects applicants who’ve opened five or more cards in the last 24 months.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
Excellent
Best travel rewards
Chase Sapphire Preferred
  • Earn 2x points on travel and dining
  • 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months
  • $95 annual fee
chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
Best flat-rate rewards
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
  • Get unlimited 1.5% cash back on every business purchase
  • $500 bonus when you spent $3,000 in first 3 months
chase freedomRecommended Credit:
Good
Best cash back rewards
Chase Freedom
  • Earn 3x points on travel and dining
  • 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in first 3 months
  • $550 annual fee

Chase credit cards FAQ

How much are Chase points worth?
Generally, each Chase rewards point is worth $0.01 – $0.15. All Chase points are worth at least $0.01 per point when redeemed for statement credits or gift cards, but some Chase credit cardholders (those who pay an annual fee) are eligible to redeem points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal at a 25% greater value.
What is Chase Ultimate Rewards?
The Chase Ultimate Rewards program is a way for Chase rewards-earning credit cardholders to redeem points for cash back, travel, or gift cards at a higher value. Only Chase-branded rewards credit cards earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
Does Chase offer secured credit cards?
No, Chase does not offer secured credit cards.

Do we recommend Chase credit cards?

Chase credit cards are some of the best around if you have good or excellent credit and want to earn cash back or travel rewards. You can maximize Chase Ultimate Rewards by combining points from multiple rewards-earning Chase cards. For example, use a card with rotating bonus categories, like the Chase Freedom card, for purchase in those categories and a flat-rate rewards card, like Chase Freedom Unlimited, for everything else. Chase cardholders can even transfer points to another member of their family through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.

Chase Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

My family and I and even my boyfriend we all have Chase. Never had a one single complaint. The customer service rep I spoke with waived the $30 fee to stop automatic payments on my card, which I very much appreciated. My mother was a victim of fraud , they launched an investigation and refunded my mom her money. I literally do not have on single complaint I have never one problem with my check or credit card acc. I recommend them to everyone! Chase keep up the great customer service and company in general. I will never switch.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I have a Chase credit card that I use often. When I don't want to put the charge on my bank account, I can use my Chase card and pay it off a little at a time. The interest rate is good, and customer service is excellent. I can put it on auto pay or just pay through the website easily. The website is easy to use and laid out well. I would recommend chase to everyone.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

Customer service is OK, some cards have excellent perks, and generally the payment process is very simple. I would prefer that the payment portal has more self-service customer service options. Chase Rewards can be very beneficial for a person's specific needs but you have to spend a little bit of time digging around in the app to "activate" certain benefits.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I originally applied for it to get a discount on Amazon purchases. Turns out that it was a major improvement over the previous card I had. I could not get my last one to notify of charges and their app was horrible. Chase has an excellent app and instant notification any time a charge is made. Great customer service as well.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I have been lucky enough to have a Chase credit card. My credit isn't the best but they took a chance on me and I will not let them down. I try to be very careful charging on this card and I always try and pay it off monthly. Their customer service has been wonderful and I am proud to be Chase Card holder.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

On 05/31/2021 someone broke my gym lock at the LA Fitness Signature Club and stole three credit cards and a debit card. I immediately reported the theft to the Montgomery County, Maryland Police Department where they opened a case number in order to investigate the theft. Since I did not have my phone with me I rushed home and was able to lock the three credit cards. Then I called Chase and CITI banks to report the theft. After reporting the thefts to the appropriate banks I noticed that there was a charge of $293.25 at the CVS Pharmacy next door to the LA Fitness Club. I called the CVS store and spoke to the manager on duty and informed him of the theft and asked him if he could save the pictures of the individual making the purchase at the POS.

Within three weeks of the theft I was contacted by a police officer of the MCPD. He had several questions regarding the theft and associated credit card numbers, at which time I informed him via email of relevant card numbers and the fact that a Chase credit card was in fact used at the CVS Pharmacy for a purchase of $293.25. In a subsequent email officer verified that he had gone to the CVS and verified footage of the individual making the unauthorized purchase using my credit card for a debit card which the individual later used in Florida.

I had to go overseas on a personal business trip and upon my return I was shocked to learn that Chase Fraud Prevention Department had sent me a letter stating that I had benefitted from the purchase at the CVS Pharmacy and accusing me of lying about the whole ordeal without supplying any evidence to support their accusation. They had reinstated a charge of $293.25 on my credit card charges due victimizing me for a second time. I called the Chase Fraud Prevention Department several times over a span of a week and they accused me of lying about the whole ordeal and that they were sure that I had been in possession of the stolen credit cards the whole time. I asked for their evidence concerning their accusations and they could not provide any.

They asked me for any supporting documents related to the thefts and I emailed the communications I had with police officer. I asked them to at least temporarily suspend their demand of the fraudulent charge of $293.25 while they investigated this whole matter and they adamantly refused. Therefore I find myself victimized again this time by the bank and am wondering where is the promise of zero responsibility for fraudulent charges that were promised to me which were one of the main reasons I applied for this credit card in the first place. All I can say after being subjected to some very brutal treatment by Chase Bank and their Fraud Prevention Department and their total lack of compassion for their card holders that this bank does not deserve my business and respect.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Beware of the horrible Chase support of transactions disputes. That's non-existance. They DO NOT protect their customers from unintended charges from merchants, fraudulent charges, malpractice transactions from merchants. My merchant charged me $165 for plan which I never signed up for. I submitted my dispute within 2 months. Chase refused to dispute the transaction. They made up their own policy on spot to drift you away. Rather than resolving the issue, they will simply blame you (customer) for the transaction and never refund you the money charged on card. I had amazing experience from other popular credit cards like Discover which protected customers from all kinds of malpractice transactions. AVOID chase credit cards!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Based on the recent business decisions I will no longer do business with Chase as they now pose a reputational risk. Their decision to cancel the account of a 3 star general who is a great American is disgusting. The reason they gave was that doing business with him posed a "reputational risk." That decision makes doing business with Chase a reputational risk to all Americans!! What's next, Chase? Cancelling all military personnel's cards?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

35 minutes and talking to 4 people, repeatedly giving the same info to all of them, and I still could not get the code to change and reset my password to log in because of a dated phone number on their records. I'm 74 and have moved countless times and never had a horrible customer experience like this one. B of A allowed me to change my address online. I am trying to cancel my Chase card but can't pay the final bill online because I still can't log in! They obviously do not want telephone contact with customers and it shows. Date of call 8-17-2021.

Original review: July 5, 2021

American Airlines charged my Chase Freedom card and collected $591.62 for domestic flight charges that my family was denied a ticket to board a flight we paid for and booked 2 months prior. We were told by Chase the charges were too old to be disputed and it was a good charge despite American Airlines cancelling our ticket. We paid the Chase bill and received confirmation and receipt for our flight at the time of booking. However, once we went to check in we found out American Airlines cancelled our flight and did not email or contact us. We were denied a ticket we paid for at booking through Chase 2 months prior to the flight and no seats left on the day of flight. Chase says the charges were too long ago to be disputed and will not refund us. American Airlines cancelled and did not tell their own American Airlines booking agent or us of a cancellation. Will never do business with Chase or American Airlines again!

Chase Credit Cards Company Information