AAA Financial Services

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

For two months the online system took all my information for full payment on my credit card and everything seemed normal EXCEPT they did not draw the payment from my checking account. My husband and I were traveling and just arrived home to find the same bill with an added $65.00 for non-payment. I called Customer Service and explained the problem with the online payment system and a gentleman grasped the issues and started looking into them when we were disconnected. The next customer service rep. only seemed to grasp that I had an overdue bill and wanted payment over the phone. This would be the third time that I authorized payment of the same bill and three withdrawals would have destroyed my bank balance and made me overdrawn.

That was no concern to the rep. I asked to speak to a manager but was denied. The only thing offered was payment over the phone which I was afraid to do as the phone payment did not seem any more secure than their online payment. And I also hate being treated rudely after all of the years that I have been an AAA member. I have written directly to AAA Financial Services with an enclosed check for the amount owed minus the amount for overdue fees which came about due to their fault. I will detail outcome.

Earlier this year, I opened an AAA credit card and was told that I would get 5 points back for every dollar I spent on gasoline. I was never awarded these points and they finally told me I would never get them. I canceled the card. I have always held AAA in high regard, but in my 70 years, I have never before been flat out lied to by a credit card company.

I have been a member of AAA for 28 years! On

July 5th went to the Strongsville AAA office for a triptik and to add money to by existing travel Visa or purchase a new one. I was able to get a triptik for my myrtle beach trip. I was sent over to another area for the visa card. The lady there dialed a number for me so that I could get the balance on my existing card. She walked away to take care of another customer. The phone number that she dialed was not a valid phone number. Being that she was with another customer I could not get her attention.

I specifically told her that I was going to purchase a new Visa since she told me the old one expired. I felt she was more concerned with taking care of her next customer. In essence she blew me off by putting me on the phone. I then tried dialing 1-801-736-2443 which is the number that appeared on the card which I had. But I could not , from the phone she had me use. She did not even have the courtesy to tell me that she would be right back while she took care of another customer. Needless to say, I left AAA without purchasing a new Visa travel card. Which I needed for my vacation the next day. Your personnel at the closed Parma office were much more receptive to their clientele. It's to bad that office closed.

I am not complaining about the AAA in general, I am complaining about the new system you have that replaces the travel checks. We have always used the check system, now you have a charge card. When I first purchased this card, I told them I was going to Reno and wanted to know if I could use the card in the casinos. "Oh yes, you can use it anywhere". Well, that's not really true; unless you want to pay an outlandish fee to get your money. It is okay to charge something like groceries or merchandise, but it is really useless for getting cash back. Unless you go to the bank and pay their fee, plus another fee for using the card. We withdrew $300 and we were charged $24.00. I am not a happy camper right now. I will never purchase this card again and if people ask me if I like the card, I will surely let them know. I'm interested in feedback. Thank you for listening.

I was charged a late fee of $29.00 per month for 6 months and then was sent to collections. I honestly don't think I received a bill for the past 6 months and I know that I did not receive any phone calls from the bank either. I just find it funny that I did receive 2 communication from ERS Solutions, the Collection agency. Well, the $96.00 bill turned into a $303.00 bill and it affects my credit rating.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

AAA Financial Services Company Profile