WEN by Chaz Dean

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.52/5
Based on 1,145 ratings

WEN by Chaz Dean Reviews

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I love this daily shampoo/conditioner. I have waist long blond hair and it can tangle so easily that I was trying thicker conditioners by the month. I even tried using olive oil and mayonnaise to see if I could stop the tangling! But then a friend suggested WEN and it is great. I can survive 2 days without shampooing and definitely the tangles are not happening. My hair is shiny, soft and beautiful. Love it!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I’m in Australia and we have no access to these amazing products anymore, it’s been many years and I really miss it. It fixed my hair from breakage, falling out due to hormones, etc. This product is beneficial and I’m just so upset for the company. I’m embarrassed to be Australian as I think the initial complaint came from here. My hair misses you WEN. Please come back. LA.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

My hair is medium to thick. My scalp is normal. I've used Wen hair cleansers for over a decade. I use about five different kinds. I always have lavender, fig & pomegranate on hand. I have never had a problem, and I went 3-4 yrs without using anything but Wen. Today, and for the last 4 yrs, I use a regular shampoo from Aveda once a week after the comments about getting a good clean in. Sometimes I use vinegar to strip any junk build up.

My friend used it, who has the same hair type. But she had hair loss. She asked me if I had the problem, I said no. The difference between us is that she always has a sensitive scalp. She had to stop coloring her hair because of it. But after she stopped using Wen the hair loss stopped although she was still coloring her hair. I think it has to do with your scalp condition.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I have been using Wen cleansing conditioner for many years and I absolutely LOVE it. I have tried several different scents and have had no problem with any of them. I have recently been also using the cherry blossom mousse and Bella Spirit Indigo. I also have been using for many years the replenishing spray which I love because it has repaired the dryness and frizz I have trouble with. I use my replenishing spray up to 3 times a day. I want to also try the lip products and other new items. Chaz I have to also put this in here. You are the most kind and humble person as I follow you live daily. You deserve all the good things in life. My mom is 88 and also a Wen lady for many years. She has not put the dreaded word shampoo in her hair for years. Chaz does not like that word. Lol. She even keeps Wen at her hair stylist for when she goes to get her hair done. I WILL ALWAYS BE A WEN GIRL!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

My hair progressively started falling out when I started using the WEN product line. It worked great in this dry San Diego dry environment but everyday more hair in my hairbrush! Finally a balding spot stopped me. As soon as I stopped using it, my hairbrush stopped being full of hair. Do not use it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WEN by Chez Dean?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

At first, it did great! But after a few months of using Wen, my hair is falling out by the hand full! Wish I would have found this info sooner! What if it never grows back? I'm even afraid to brush my hair anymore but I do. I'm not one to splurge on expensive products and was happy to get my Wen from QVC. Not anymore! Looks like my next purchase is Rogaine!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I used WEN for years and I loved it. I ordered several times. So when the complaints came up, it didn't bother me because I had good experiences. So, I ordered again, although hesitant to do so. About a month and a half after using it my hairdresser asked me about a small bald spot. I ignored her thinking it may be a minor issue.

My hair only got worse because I based everything on my past positive experience. Once I realized that I had cut back on blow-drying, did very little flat ironing and was taking my vitamins, there was one other thing that I was doing consistently...using WEN. There was no other product that I used consistently. I have about 6 small bald spots. My hair is more damaged than it has ever been in my entire life. I wish I would have eliminated this months ago. I just hope that the damage is not permanent.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Used Wen about 5 years ago. After about 2 months my hair started falling out daily when I washed or combed it. I lost most of my hair, had an extremely itchy scalp, burning pain as well. I had steroid shots to attempt repair, they helped but my hair grew back thinner, wiry, fuzzy terrible. This was a brutal experience and I warn anyone DON'T USE THIS PRODUCT!!!!

Original review: July 14, 2019

This stuff was NOT worth it!!! I did NOT like the "icy cold" feeling on my scalp and the cream left my hair "PASTY" and unsmooth making a wide toothed comb difficult to pull through my hair. My daughter gave it to me for mother's day, so I don't know WHAT it cost her. I have it back to her and told her thank you, but it wasn't for me. (It was the thought that counts though.)

Original review: July 9, 2019

A few years ago I bought Wen online. I used it for a few weeks before noticing an itch and burning sensation on my scalp, red dry spots falling from my scalp and I lost more hair in a few weeks than in years before I used it. I have a bald spot, my hair is thinner it's ever been. I am only 60 but feel I have the hair of a 90 year old. I discontinued using the product but they kept sending me refills (they don't tell you there is an automatic refill). I called the company and after arguing with a arrogant customer service agent for several minutes they agreed to cancel my order for good. I will never buy Wen again. I joined the agreement to stand by others like me and show this company they cannot sell dangerous crap and get away with it! By the way my name is Pierre. I live in the city of Laval in the province of Quebec.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

WEN by Chaz Dean Company Information