2. Shopping

Foothill Ranch, CA

1.5/5 (1151 ratings)

About WEN by Chaz Dean

WEN by Chaz Dean Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WEN by Chaz Dean?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about WEN by Chez Dean?

Original review: July 16, 2015

I have been using Wen for a very long time. Bought it by the gallons when they were available on QVC and also throughout the year. Also got my daughters to use it. Gradually I started to lose more and more hair, and I had a lot of thick hair, always got compliments at the salon on the thickness of my hair (before I started using Wen). Then it started to come out by the handfuls, the shower was just full of hair. I thought because of my age I was just thinning. I was in tears. I have a bald spot on the back of my head and the top of my head is so thin, I can't even style my hair. I am so self conscious now and really have lost my self esteem.

I mentioned it to my daughter and she said she noticed how bad my hair was looking but didn't want to hurt my feelings. She then told me she too was losing handfuls of hair in the shower and I told her the only thing we both were doing was using Wen. I stopped using it and then I stopped losing handfuls of hair. My daughter also stopped and her hair stopped falling out. I still have the products left and have spent tons of money on it, but will not even consider using it again. Yes I am angry. I have always used professional products on my hair and always very conscientious of the condition on my hair. All these years of taking good care of my hair and then to lose it from using an EXPENSIVE supposedly professional product!!!

Original review: July 15, 2015

My two daughters have naturally curly hair. I ordered the WEN products for them to try since both of them said it was too expensive. Their hair looked worse after they used it even though I ordered two different kits to make sure they got to try everything. I received an "overdue" statement from them for a shipment I did not order or receive. When I called about this their rep told me she would take care of it and delete the payment due. Yesterday, I received a notification thanking me for my Order and advising me the product was temporarily out of stock. I did not order anything. As a matter of fact, I told them to take me off their mailing list. My advice, don't waste our money and definitely don't get on their mailing list.

Original review: July 15, 2015

I used this product and I also lost a lot of hair and you can see the balding. They owe me my hair back!

Original review: July 15, 2015

When I first bought this product I thought it would make my hair shine and soft. The results were the complete opposite. After one use my hair is dry and tangled. Brushing my naturally straight and medium thick hair was a disaster that took at least 10 to brush from tip to root. Would not recommend.

Original review: July 14, 2015

I experienced hair loss with this product. Called customer service to have all the product returned and be reimbursed. They refused. Not only refuse but sent more product. Took me 5 phone calls to cancel this product. Be careful of this product... Stay away. Bad all around.

Original review: July 14, 2015

We ordered the product in February. It didn't do crap. We cancelled in April and paid in full with a gift card that we purchased ourselves at the store. We paid the bill in full around the 15th of April. We received a confirmation. Now it is July and they want another $101.82. They said the card was declined. I know it was not because when we checked the card balance, this amount exactly was deducted. I suggest no one order this product. Not only does it not work, but you will be billed for it until you die. These people need to be investigated. Warning!!!!

Original review: July 14, 2015

I find WEN an excellent hair product. However, I attempted to purchase WEN products from Guthy Renker, agent to Chaz Dean, supplier and manufacturer, and would strongly recommend consumers avoid these companies because: I found the WEN product much cheaper from other suppliers and buying options much less restrictive. I found the practices of Chaz Dean felt generally unfair and some of the product(s) not fit for the purpose I intended. For example, WEN products are only available in pre-selected 'KITS' which contain MINI PRODUCTS, that at first glance, appear to be the same size as the standard or larger products sold by other suppliers. The only other option is to pay an extremely high price for selected product.

On the internet CHAZ RECOMMENDS a HAIR CARE DELUXE KIT $49.99 containing 350ml cleansing conditioner, 60ml replenishing mist and 60ml styling cream. At a glance, these MINI products appear to be the same size as the standard 470ml and 120ml products respectively, which are available from other suppliers. 2 of the 3 mini products are insufficient in volume to last the life of the cleansing conditioner, which is the principle product in the kit. This forces you to purchase selected product at a much higher price in order to keep pace with consumption of the cleansing conditioner, and to stockpile products in the kit you might not want. Kits cannot be modified in any way and no product can be switched out of a kit in favour of another product the customer prefers or needs more. The customer must purchase those preferred products separately at a much higher price.

If the consumer purchases the kit, they are placed on a repeat order system which continues to supply a kit and deduct money from the customer's bank account periodically, with product that is not adequate. This can cause an oversupply of unwanted product, and an undersupply of valued product, with no power to change this at any reasonable cost.

I found this most unsatisfactory and rang the company only to become embroiled in a very long winded, hard sell, and confusing discussion about pricing and product purchase options. I also felt manipulated. For example, I asked for a product price and was told by Chaz Dean they will just process that order for me now - I had not asked to place an order, I'd asked for a price. It all adds to the frustration of trying to extract prices and procedures whilst staying alert enough to avoid over charges or buying traps with a sales consultant whose English I found difficult to understand.

Original review: July 13, 2015

I guess I should have read these reviews before purchasing Wen products. My hair has been falling out for a few weeks now and I am noticing bald spots in the front of my scalp. Not sure what to do now. I had very thick, curly hair but now I'm afraid of what I will be left with when the damage is complete. PLEASE do not use this product... not worth it!

Original review: July 13, 2015

Listen to the reviews. DO NOT BUY THIS!!! Your hair WILL FALL OUT! I looked at the reviews and thought, "No that won't happen to me". I had beautiful, full, healthy hair... but now my hair at crown is really thin. I pray that it will stop! PLEASE don't buy!

Original review: July 11, 2015

I first used WEN over 6 years ago. I immediately fell in love with it. My hair felt silky, was manageable, and it didn't straighten the perm I had at the time. I continued using the product over the years, although I did cancel auto ship. I just didn't need that much of the product even though my hair is thick and just past my shoulders. I mostly *wash* my hair daily, sometimes skipping a day. I never found my hair to be greasy, didn't feel that there was buildup of any kind and I get compliments all the time on how shiny my hair is. My suggestion to people who say they are getting too much product in the mail? Stop auto-shipment. They are happy to have you order as YOU need to.

Original review: July 10, 2015

I called to place an order for the Wen shampoo. When you watch the TV advertisement, it states that you will receive 40% off if you order in 12 minutes and you will get free shipping if you order in six minutes. It states it is a one time order on TV On the TV advertisement it never mentions it will be auto shipped in one month or 30 days. You find this out when you call to order When you call they tell you if you do not enroll in membership there is no discount. I believe this is fraud because they do not mention this on the commercial about auto shipment. I knew about the auto shipment because it happened to a friend of mine who placed an order (one time only) and continued to get the product even after she canceled.

So when I ordered or rather attempted to order, I was told about the auto shipment by Stephanie. I spoke with the supervisor Laura's who informed me order I was told about the auto shipment by Stephanie I spoke with the supervisor Lauris who informed me I did not have to order if I didn't like it so I'm very happy that I didn't order it however, I believe that they would not have told me about the auto shipment but I knew about it from my friend and it was very difficult for her to cancel it after she placed the order. She continued to get shipments even though she didn't want anymore and was charged for them and was never refunded until after six months.

It's a very good thing she had all the documentation of calling them or she would not had been issued a refund. So anyone ordering this product should be aware of the auto shipment because they do not speak about it on TV. They say it is a one time shipment only on TV.

Original review: July 9, 2015

I did not know that I was going to be buried in this crap for a month and a half. I tried to use it but there are so many different little bottle and I can't see in the shower so who knows if I did it right. The shampoo is very slippery on the bottom of a bathtub and I was not prepared for it. I slipped and konked my head on the tub leaving a great big goosehead on my forehead and landed on my hip so hard that left a huge bruise and was sore for weeks. To make matters even worse my hair looked really oily.

I paid for two shipments. Then I canceled it. But a couple days later I received more. I was so upset because I didn't order it. I heard I didn't need to pay for it. But I got a collection notice. So I called and complained. I was told to send the unopened box back and all other charges would be written off. Now a year later they have sent another bill to collections. I don't owe this company anything. I have had it with these companies. I can't believe that this country of ours has turned into just a bunch of liars and deceivers. Don't buy this stuff.

Original review: July 9, 2015

I purchased Wen and used it for almost a month. At first my hair seemed ok, but after a short time my hair became very frizzy. I noticed a lot of broken ends. It got so dry and frizzy that I couldn't even get a comb through it when it was wet. It was horrible! My hair dresser noticed how dry it was and told me her friend tried Wen and didn't like it . After reading the negative reviews about how they keep charging your credit card, I checked my statement and found that they overcharged me and continued to charge me up until this current month. The customer service woman said she'd credit me the full amount in 3-5 business days. If that doesn't happen, I will dispute it with my bank. They lie and cheat you!

Original review: July 8, 2015

I started using WEN 4 months ago. I was going to cancel the order based off all the negative reviews I read. I'm glad I didn't. I love this product. My hair is beautiful. I have frizzy, curly hair. I was using other organic products that were paraben and silicone free. These products are far better. I have lots less time into doing my hair. My hair is long and usually takes an hour to do. Now in minutes my hair is beautiful and not frizzy. It doesn't fall out either like read on the reviews! Try WEN for yourself. My granddaughter has the worst dry hair ever. She is soo happy now. She says "I'm a WEN girl!" Her hair is much better too!

Original review: July 8, 2015

I got suckered into the 'hype' that is WEN. I have been using for about 1 1/2 yrs and I have not noticed one single bit of improvement. I have boxes of product stacked in my bedroom. I just cancelled my account today (hopefully). From everything that I've been reading, I'm really leery that the person I spoke with actually cancelled by account. So frustrated that I've spent a small fortune on this product that just did not work. My hair dressed used the Moroccan Oil products on my hair yesterday and it feels like a different head of hair. Silky smooth and bouncy. That's what I expected from WEN but it just never happened. PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!! If you want to try it, buy it from QVC or EBay. Do not get suckered into the auto-delivery thru WEN.

Original review: July 8, 2015

I am so angry with this company and product! I started using this product over a year ago, shortly there after I bought it for my daughter as well. So help me, my hair started coming out by the handfuls, and I because I'm 62 I thought well it's because I'm aging. But I asked my daughter about how she was doing with the product, and she too was having hair loss and thinning! That has hurt me deeply, because I bought it for her, and her hair was so lush thick and beautiful. Now it'so thin, coarse and frail, doesn't grow at all, and mine is so thin. I've had to resort to wearing a wig! So ashamed of my hair and so hurt that I've ruined my daughter's hair thinking she would love the product!! Asking for my money back wouldn't make me feel one bit better. Never having used the product though would be wonderful!!

Original review: July 6, 2015

Sent me another shipment after only 3 weeks from my last shipment, even though I changed my delivery frequency to every 20 weeks. Also, another shipment was already pending for the end of July. All this was discovered after finding 2 charges for $134 on my bank account. Called and was told one amount was an auth only and would be refunded within 48 hours. It's now been 9 days and no refund. When I cancelled my services, they locked me out of my account, so I can't even go in and make sure they cancelled all deliveries.

Original review: July 5, 2015

I agreed to sample Wen Hair Care Products at $19.99 plus shipping and handling. I receive their product and discovered that they automatically enroll you in a club for future shipments. I tried the product. It was horrible and I cancelled my forced club membership. They sent the product anyway. I returned it and cancelled the payment. They didn't ship anything for a few months and started sending their product and charging me. I returned it again. They submitted invoices to American Express showing that they mailed the product. I have paid $55 a month for the worst products in the world that I sent back. Now American Express is telling me that since they sent invoices indicating the product was shipped that I have been charge. This company is a fraud. They have a tremendous ego and will not accept that you do not want their product. Even if you send it back they still charge you.

Original review: July 5, 2015

I bought the Wen conditioning shampoo on eBay. The cheapest duo I could find was cucumber and Aloe. I have blonde foils and so far it seems to make my hair soft but I hate the burning feeling all over my head when I apply it. It feels like peppermint and it's awful. No wonder it was the cheapest variety to buy online.

Original review: July 4, 2015

I was interested in using this product because flyers were sent with some well-known products and I believed they wouldn't back a poor rated company. I filled out the information for the "free trial" and before I finished the process I decided to read some more reviews. When I went back to the website the order had been processed and I had been charged $19.95. I immediately contacted them to cancel the order as it was in error by email. The response was to call the customer service number so I did. I explained the situation and was told not to worry it was cancelled and the money would be credited. A couple weeks went by and still no credit to my account. I called again and was told again not to worry it was taken care of.

So now it was about 2 months after I receive a box in mail containing Wen products as to which I was very confused. I opened it to find 2 big bottles and a couple other small products and an invoice for well over $100. I once again called and asked why I received these products. They told me it was what I had ordered on the continuous shipment I enrolled for after I received the "free trial" but they did not have my credit card information any longer which is why I received the invoice. This made sense considering I had called previously and they told me my card information was no longer in the system. I advised them of the situation prior and that I had never even received any products. They apologized and advised me to return the products which by the way I had to pay for the shipping. I returned the products to the address given via UPS.

Soon after I started receiving collection notices from them and they were reporting delinquencies to the credit bureaus almost immediately. I never received any calls or letters regarding this matter. After the reporting started I called them to again resolve the situation. They told me that all I had to do was return the products. I told them I had months prior. They told me they never received the products back and that I was still responsible for the collection. I was so frustrated I hung up. I then started receiving emails telling me I needed to resolve the matter or I would be reported to the credit bureaus. I laughed because they had already been doing so. I again sent another email because obviously the calls were getting me nowhere and never received a response. I am now fighting the issue with the credit bureaus.

Original review: July 4, 2015

After using the product, my hair which was healthy is now gone. It has broken off and there is hardly enough to cover my head.

Original review: July 4, 2015

Lucky for me, I didn't lose any hair but it did make my hair break off. It was also oily and nasty. You might as well just only use conditioner and wait for your hair to get dirty. Save your money. If you don't write a check for the initial trial, they will take it out of your account for months.

Original review: July 3, 2015

Please do not buy WEN hair products. I have permanent hair loss from using this product. After using WEN I've spent a lot of money on products to regrow my hair loss. It's permanent!!! I'm embarrassed of my hair now and have lost self esteem.

Original review: July 2, 2015

Basically they are selling us conditioner!! But as my hairdresser says "you must wash your hair eventually!!" My hair started to fall out in some places after using Wen for two months. Also the lovely Wen team - would send packages of stuff that I had not ordered and still charge me for the shipping. When I would send them back I paid for the shipping again!! Paying close to $21.00 for something I never wanted or used!! Never by Wen or if you must go to Sephora!! Good luck!! I had to learn the hard way!!

Original review: June 30, 2015

I saw an infomercial for WEN Hair Care. It advertised a low $29.95 price for a 3 piece WEN Hair Care Basic Kit. They provided by a telephone number and a website address. I ordered via the web and when I went to process my order, it added a $117 WEN Mousse product, as well as upgraded my order from a Regular Kit to a Deluxe Kit, unbeknownst to me, for $39.95. I found this out after placing my order by logging into my newly created account to check the order status to ensure everything was correct.

I called their customer support line the next day and was told that they cannot cancel the order as it is in process of being shipped, and they would send me a return label for the WEN Mousse. Once returned, they would then credit my account. So, I thought I was paying $29.95 and it ended up being over $143.00. Further, she said the $29.95 product is only available over the phone, even though their website gives you the option to order the $29.95 product. Once you order it, it slips in the $39.95 product and the WEN Mousse. There is nothing in their contract that states they would do that. Once the transaction hits my credit card, I will be calling my bank to dispute the transaction and have the charges reversed.

I urge anyone ordering off the infomercial BUYER BEWARE - you are going to get ripped off. This company needs to be investigated for fraud and there should be a class action lawsuit filed against them. If you use the product and want to buy online, or you want to try the product, go to Sephora and purchase it off the shelf, or through QVC.

Original review: June 30, 2015

I purchased WEN through QVC back in 2/15. I started using it right away. Within 2 weeks, I noticed that I was having more falling hairs and chalked it up to a cycle. Well, when it didn't stop and I started getting globs of hair falling out when I washed my hair and then it continued through out the day... I was alarmed. I stopped using the product! In 6 weeks of using WEN, I have lost half of the thickness of my hair. I have gone from healthy thick hair to thin lifeless hair! This is just horrible.

Original review: June 29, 2015

First of all, it wasn't the best experience with the products but, here is the timeline of my adventure: 6/15/15 - Placed my order online. IT IS VERY CLEAR that you are going to be receiving it every month unless you change it. It's within the "checkout" process. 6/18/15 - my charge disappear from my card and I thought the order was cancelled due to verification. I emailed them. I received an email the NEXT day saying it was at warehouse ready to ship. 6/27/15 - I received my order - I followed the instructions and my hair was very, very soft and the scent stayed a while. I even email asking them if I could change the formula later, they replied the same day saying "yes". 6/28/15 - my scalp was itchy. It could be because 1 - I am pregnant and my skin is very sensitive. 2 - because the previous shampoo caused me dandruff or 3 - my hair was just reacting to the change of hair products. I also came across this site and started reading the reviews.

So, I decided to email them and ask them to cancel my auto-ship. Within a few hours, I received a confirmation email stating my account was cancelled and to give them a call to provide more details about the issue. Of course I did not call. Around 7 pm EST I received a call from a lady from Wen, asking me for details of what happened. She assured me again my account was cancelled. As of today, my hair is still soft, no more itching and I could actually go another day without washing my hair. I normally wash it every other day because it gets itchy or greasy. While I do believe customer could suffer from a reaction, here are my questions/clarifications to some of the reviews:

1. Anyone that states that they didn't know about the auto-ship - it is very clear when you are checking out. Lots of other companies do the same thing not just this one. 2. Several reviews stated that they had been using it for years and they noticed it but they thought it was stress. Common sense, you will start with process of elimination if my hair is falling... (ie hair products, medications, etc)I find it surprisingly that all of them went to dermatologists. 3. Saying that they cannot get a hold of someone. While I never called, normally email communication takes longer and my emails show that they do communicate and they do not leave you hanging. I actually just tried to go into the account and it states that my account was deactivated. 4. Some stated they used it on their babies. I had the original formula sent to me and the minty scent cause the tingling feeling on my scalp.. why would you think this can be used on a baby?

Of course, these are just my opinions and questions. If you are trying to find information on this product, it is up to your criteria to purchase it. I would recommend you search other sites for reviews and or word of mouth. I ordered because my coworker's mom uses it and she states that it's been years and with no problems. My reference number for the cancellation is **.

Original review: June 29, 2015

I tried the first batch of Wen products and determined it left my hair greasy and unclean feeling so I returned within 1 week. I cancelled my auto delivery and I still received it. I mailed it back return to sender. I never received a credit for any of my returned products. I called several times and was told it took 3-4 weeks. It has now been over a year. I am frustrated but I gave up and counted the $60 loss.

Original review: June 28, 2015

I've been using Wen cleansing conditioner from QVC for over a year and I Love this product. I have thick curly hair. I no longer have to use other hair products (Spray gel or Curl rocks creme). I do lose some hair when I do a once a week cleansing. This is normal for anyone. I wet my hair everyday and run my fingers through it to get the knots out from sleeping. Everyday that I wet it, I use one pump of the cleansing conditioner as a leave-in conditioner. This is the only thing that I have to use.

I have saved money because I no longer have to use the other products for my hair to keep it from being frizzy and in place. I only cleanse my hair twice a week if needed, if not just once a week. My hair has never felt or looked this good. Love my Wen cleansing conditioner. You have to make sure you get the right one for your hair type. And use have to make sure you following the instructions. I have tweet the way I use it. I don't use the amount of conditioner they say I should for my hair type. I actually have used less and it works great.

Original review: June 27, 2015

I am very upset and disappointed in Wen right. I talked to a girl yesterday and told her did not want any products now and she said that "No problem. Money or products would not be until Aug." Last night they took 37.94 out of my account and it overdrew my account. Not a happy camper right now. A couple months ago about the same thing but sent me the wrong products. Very upset. Should not have happened. Now I have to wait 3-5 business days to be put back into my account. Have talked to 9 different people at Wen, they have all lied to me... They are keeping my money against my authorization. They took my money June 19, as of today the 27 no money back in my account... They said 3-5 more business days.

WEN by Chaz Dean Company Information