1.52/5
Based on 1,139 ratings

Foothill Ranch, CA

1140 WEN by Chaz Dean Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 5, 2015

I read all these reviews for the first time. I never doubted the product because for the first times I used my hair was very soft and manageable and didn't tangle as before with other products. After reading other people's complaints I notice that I also have been losing more hair than usual. My hair is gorgeous and now I can't washed and combed easily. It sticks together like gum and is not healthy any more. WHY IS MR. DEAN ALLOWED TO CONTINUE TO SELL AND MAKE PEOPLE BALD???????

Original review: June 5, 2015

Hello. I saw the complaints about the Wen products and I've been using this now for 2 1/2 years and I've gone from a full head of hair to like spaghetti hair and I thought I was stressed out or not eating right and I am absolutely out of my mind why my hair has been falling out and I am convinced and I know it's from Wen.

Original review: June 4, 2015

I started using the Wen products 6 months ago and have had problems off and on! But this last month I have had a huge problem with hair loss! I am going bald on the top of my head!! Very upset and would not recommend this product to anyone!!!

Original review: June 4, 2015

I order WEN a few month ago. I was ordering it for a friend. I told the representative that I don't need auto reshipment. A month later I received this box from WEN company with the product and a bill that total $89.00 to bill over 3 months. I call and dispute their decision. I send it back and they refused my money. But the whole thing is that the product is not as good as they claim. It make your hair hard bristles. I am African American woman with coarse and thick hair and WEN products Almonds Cleaning Conditioner is a no no. I am on a hunt for another products that will keep my hair soft and manageable.

Original review: June 4, 2015

I always had very thick hair. My hair started falling out shortly after I started using Wen. My stylists even made comments about how much was being lost just brushing it out. I told her this was every day. When I stopped using wen my hair stopped falling out by the handfuls. I have small little bald spots in areas on my scalp now. Lucky for me I had thick hair and it's naturally curly. It's not very noticeable. But I don't have thick hair any longer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WEN by Chez Dean?

Original review: June 3, 2015

I purchased 5 small samples of Wen lavender on eBay to test the product before buying a bottle of it. After the first day, I knew I was a Wen girl for life!! I have experienced no loss of hair except the few hairs that are in the brush after brushing. I love the stuff and hope it doesn't keep rising in price as I will not be able to afford it if it does. Everyone has to make a problem about everything!!!

Original review: June 3, 2015

Been using about 3 mos. First few weeks hair looked great. Started looking dry straw like. Just commented to someone that it looks like I have a shedding cat in the house. Hair broken at crown. So much hair in drain, had to remove with tweezers.

Original review: May 31, 2015

I have very dry curly color treated hair with lots of breakage and hair fall. As I have aged it has been worse. I thought WEN would be the answer, but it was awful. My hair is just as dry and I swear it made my hair worse, not better. I started losing more hair and it was no softer, and the amount of money it cost, not to mention it recommend 50 pumps! How is a little bottle supposed to last a month! So I wrote it off and started using Nioxin. My hair improved and then I saw the ad on QVC for WEN with Chaz saying "You're not using it right, don't give up. Keep trying." Well let me tell you I bought one of those gallons so that I would have enough product to really give it a shot, and the result it the same.

I used more than 1/2 of the gallon and over a period of 6 months and my hair is NO BETTER, maybe worse. My son who is only 10 used it a few times (and he has beautiful hair) and his hair became DRY and stuck up! My husband said it makes him itch. This stuff is HORRIBLE. I am tired of hearing that crook, yes crook go on about how if it isn't working you are not using it right. Well let me tell you, I have followed all of the directions, and used it for an extended amount of time (I figured I may as well use it rather than throw it away because it was so expensive!) and it does not work! It is shampoo, not rocket science. If it is that difficult to use and get proper results then it is JUNK. Do not waste your money or risk ruining your hair. Stick to Pureology or Nexxus even Suave or anything other than this stuff.

Original review: May 31, 2015

I ordered WEN and was excited to try it. When it finally came and I followed the directions and my hair felt silky and it looked great. It wasn't until the 2nd washing did I really notice all the hair at the bottom of the shower. I went to get my hair cut and my stylist asked what have I been using on my hair. (I used to have very thick hair and when I got my haircut, I would have to get it thinned out too.) She said it was already thin and there were some receding bald spots that I never had. I stopped using the product and tried to contact them. Their system was down for a week and when I finally got ahold of them, they grilled me for 30-45 min. before they finally said they will cancel my account.

I have not used their product in over a month and my hair is still falling out. I get emails from them asking me if I want to come back and I keep telling them no and to remove my account and stop contacting me. Now wherever I go and whoever I talk to I tell them not to use this product. After my hair started falling out I went onto website to read the reviews to see if this was happening to anyone else and there was a ton of people that this was happening to. Even when I watch TV I still see the commercials for WEN and don't know why they still play them when they get so much hate and bad reviews. This product sucks and you should not use it at all.

Original review: May 31, 2015

I had great hair summer of 2012, then I started using the WEN cleansing conditioner because I became hooked on his infomercials...... The quantity and quality of my hair went down hill from there. Finally had to stop using his products once and for all. Went back to the salon quality products I can buy in the stores. It is taking forever for me to get the length back I used to have before I started using WEN and the thinness seems to be permanent. Used the finishing treatment on my ends and stuff left my hair course, stiff, and broke off leaving more hair in my brush than on my head. Worst products ever. One thing I didn't do was order from WEN. I purchased the first time from the home shopping channel (one individual purchase) then the rest I purchased off of eBay. I have been scammed by those automatic 3 month orders before. :(

Original review: May 31, 2015

I started using WEN after my mom recommended it and swore by it. I love it. I have very thick hair and this feels fabulous on my dry, curly, frizzy hair. As a medical professional, I cannot imagine how a rational person could blame months of nausea and vomiting on a few uses of this product. That's called scamming for a lawsuit… They look for anything that they can get a few dollars out of a company. Our society is disgusting. Thirty years ago, if you used something and didn't like it, you just stopped using it and got over it. Now, everyone is a opportunist, feeding the greedy practice of lawyers who will sue anyone for anything. Take responsibility for your own life and choices and get a job! Lawsuits shouldn't be your only source of income. It's pathetic.

Original review: May 31, 2015

I have been using Chaz Dean's WEN products going in four years now. By following the instructions carefully on each product I have experienced softer more manageable hair than ever. Not only have I been extremely satisfied with the results my stylist also commented on how soft my hair has become. I would highly recommend to anyone wanting a more beautiful, manageable healthy head of hair.

Original review: May 31, 2015

I loved the way it made my hair feel but it did make it frizzy.

Original review: May 31, 2015

I used Wen for 6 months and I ended up with bald spots. I had to get a pixie cut today because my hair was gone. My hair has never been so short. I am REALLY upset.

Original review: May 30, 2015

December of 2014 I became a customer after my daughter was given some WEN by a friend. Initially we like how healthy our hair looked and felt. In January I noticed a little hair loss but nothing extreme. Over the next 8-10 weeks the hair loss became worse, my hair also started breaking, one side of my hair became extremely thin also... I thought maybe it was hormones, change in diet, etc. until my youngest daughter started having the same problem. My hair quickly became so damaged I decided to cut it. I went from hair half way down my back to shoulder length and stopped using the WEN.

I emailed customer service, explained what was happening to me and my daughter and asked what they were going to do? Within 72 hours I received a reply apologizing for our experience, canceling my future shipments, and clearing the balance on my last shipment. I replied thanking them and requested a full refund of all amounts paid since I became a customer. My email was forwarded to the necessary department. I was contacted within 48 hours by a very helpful compassionate understanding woman. It took several days for us to actually speak due to missing each other's phone calls. When we finally spoke she had already processed a refund, explained that is was not the entire amount but was about 75% of what I had paid over 5 months.

She listened to my experience, sincerely apologized, gave me reference numbers for our conversation/refund, and said if I had any future problems to contact her. I'm thankful for having a positive experience with customer service despite having an unfortunate experience with the actual product. I hope my experience encourages others with questions/concerns to give customer service a chance. As for my hair, I stopped using WEN almost 4 weeks ago. Last night I noticed new hair growth in the thin areas.

Original review: May 30, 2015

Bought the Wen hair products from QVC. Used the products for more than two years. Started having hair thinning problems right from the very start. Thought it was just a problem from getting older. Never put the two together.... My hair has gotten so thin, frail and lifeless. I stopped using the products about 6 months ago but have yet to see any improvement. I then spent the night with my sister and used her Wen once again. Thought it was funny that all of a sudden my hair loss got even worse. That's when I put the two together and came to think that this product could be the cause of my hair loss. Then yesterday my sister called and told me about the lawsuit from women who were experiencing the same issues with hair loss and using Wen as I was..

So here I am online reading stories that are so similar to my own. Scary!! I only hope my hair will return after stopping the use of this horrible product. I am yet to see it happen! I will never use Wen again, I only hope it's not too late!

Original review: May 29, 2015

I have been using WEN seriously for the past year and lost 1/3 of my hair volume in handfuls when I washed my hair. I have used it once in awhile but became more serious this past year unknowingly. I thought I had something wrong and have asked the dr. repeatedly. I bought most of my product from QVC but some came directly from WEN. I spent a lot of money, I have long hair, and it used to be thick. I went to get my hair done tonight and that is when I was told by a stylist that there were problems with the WEN product.

Original review: May 28, 2015

I have used Wen for 5 years. It works very well. I haven't had any bad side effects at all. I did have a bad experience buying directly from Guthy Renker sellers of Wen. They are scammers. Buy only thru QVC! You get a better deal and no risk of them recharging or problems with returns. I bought the gallon when it is available and have had it for over a year. It lasts. I do have to occasionally use regular shampoo for a good clarifying once a month. Good product at good price.

Original review: May 27, 2015

Apparently placing an order and getting a confirmation email doesn't guarantee you actually get an order. 15 days later here we are with no shipping info. I've called twice and both times the customer service takes about 15 mins to track my info and then the response is that the product is in the warehouse and ready to ship that day. Apparently this is a 'common' problem that they can't seem to fix. When I asked them to cancel, they say that nothing could be done on their end and the product shouldn't arrive anyways. If it arrives, I need to call back and will have to pay for return shipping. So even if an order is placed, there's no guarantee the product will actually arrive.

Original review: May 27, 2015

I ordered this off the infomercial and have not even used all of this product. My husband first noticed and said what's up with the eyebrows! I started looking then crying. Hair and eyebrows are leaving me and not growing back! I'm literally sick!

Original review: May 27, 2015

I am sorry to hear that some folks had a bad experience, I on the other hand, couldn't have finally grown out, past a really bad hair extension problem. My hair had to be CUT short and was chemically stripped. When it would grow out a little, I would end up cutting it. Ordered Wen and used it for 2 years and I can't praise it enough. The only thing is it does get used to it, and it will start to remain flat sometimes. So have the bottle you normally use, changed occasionally. Because it will get used to it. Pricing is great because you don't need a lot! Servicing was good too! No overcharging you.. I highly recommend this product, especially if you are trying to get your hair back in better condition... I wish I could afford it again. Or I would be using it now! I had to give it up, and my hair shows it, due to becoming ill and not able to afford it right now. I will get it again as soon as my finances provide. Use it, you won't be disappointed.

Original review: May 27, 2015

I have used WEN for over 5 years and I can tell you that my hair has never been healthier! I am not sure why some are experiencing hair loss. Hormonal changes cause hair loss and I can't imagine what my hair loss would have been like if I was not using WEN during my hormonal changes. My hairdresser started using the product after she noticed how healthy my hair was and she has been doing my hair now for 9 years. A year ago, I cut almost 14 inches off my hair and donated it. I was never able to grow my hair out that long before WEN. My entire family uses it and I have 2 girls, regular shampoo is a nightmare on their hair. Chaz Dean takes pride in his product and guarantees it as long as it is purchased from authorized sources (which I only purchase from QVC, Chaz Dean Salon or Sephora) and used exactly as directed.

If this product did not work, he would not be as successful as he is today. Some people just need to get a life and stop looking for an easy pay off.

Original review: May 26, 2015

I started using WEN 7 years and love the way my hair looks & feels. I am shocked to see so many people complaining of hair-loss with the use of WEN. My hair is thicker & healthier since I've been using WEN. Prior to ordering, my hair was thinning out & I was noticing more hair in the shower drain than usual. I was quite concerned. Within 2 mo. after switching to WEN my hair looked, felt & truly was healthier than it had been in many years. I was in love! Initially, I stuck w/ the Sweet Almond Mint formula sent in my original order. It never occurred to me to try any other formula until about a year ago... At that time I noticed my hair was beginning to feel dry & I noticed more hair the shower again. So I called customer service and they assisted me in choosing another formula to better suit the current needs of my hair. They were fabulous!

One thing to remember . ... Your hair changes! As we age, our hair requires different nutrients than it did when we were younger. Hormones play a HUGE role in the condition of our hair, as does the climate where you live. The changing of seasons can wreak havoc with your hair; especially fine curly hair, like mine. So, I just switch up my WEN products to accommodate the needs of my hair. Easy Peasy! I even have my hubby using WEN now. Great Product Line.

Original review: May 26, 2015

I have been trying to cancel my WEN kit and I either get can't "complete your call at this time" or "no one is available at customer service". I feel that they are unethical and I will probably have to cancel my credit card to stop further shipments. Overall, good shampoo but I don't recommend them because of their customer service.

Original review: May 26, 2015

I lost a lot of hair in every wash! My hair is thin enough already and I thought trying this product would help. It did quite the opposite. My hair kept falling off each time I tried it. I attached a pic of how much hair I lost on each wash. After 2 weeks of trying I gave up on it. Extremely disappointing! I called to cancel right away and the following month I still got the money withdrawn. I was very upset because when I called back they did show I called to cancel but they still shipped another order & charged my account. Now I have to wait a week for refund and will need to return the product. Definitely agree with another consumer about them trying to make money on cheating people.

Original review: May 26, 2015

I started using Wen last fall. I was very excited since my sister had great success. Initially I liked it but a few months into it I noticed the back of my hair had gotten so then I could barely grab enough in my hand. I started reading reviews and sadly quit. Then I started to get itchy bumps on my scalp. They have continued even though I quit using Wen.

Original review: May 26, 2015

I had thin hair so I started going to the hair salon to help care for it and make it healthy. My hair was doing great and I had been going for three years. Doing that really made a difference. Then I started using WEN shampoo. My hair seemed nice and manageable with it. I used it for three months.... Until I lost a chuck of hair in the back right side of my head and the right front side where I lost another chunk! It happened overnight! I had no idea how it happened. I thought maybe the hair dryer had done it. Was completely perplexed and devastated...in tears.

When I went to my hair salon, she was shocked and asked me what shampoo was I using and I said WEN ...she said stop using it immediately which I did. I wasn't sure if my hair would grow back. That happened in August 2014 and now it's May 25th 2015 and it has started to grow back a little at a time. My hair stylist gave me a complete hair cut. I also have been taking Biotin 5000 mg. religiously!

I do not like the auto shipments either because there isn't enough time to stop it...meaning that I owe them 89.00. It's gone to collections. Im going to pay it so that they will leave me alone. I couldn't believe all these complaints...I just discovered this website...Now I truly believe it was the WEN!

Original review: May 24, 2015

I have been using WEN shampoo and over the last two months my hair has been falling out at an alarming rate. At first I thought because I had turned 60 it was just a part of life but now I have total bald spots on the top of my head. I have lost sleep trying to figure out what I have been doing wrong or what I need to do to fix this hair loss. I don't know why I came to this website, but I'm glad I did. Maybe praying for the hair loss to stop brought me here. I purchased WEN from a TV shopping network.

Original review: May 24, 2015

I have been using this product for about 6 months... And about 3 weeks ago I started noticing I am losing my hair in clumps! The attached picture represents 1 day of HAIR LOSS! GROSS.

Original review: May 23, 2015

I was really excited to try WEN. When I received my shipment the invoice was addressed wrong. I live in Edson, Alberta and my invoice was addressed to Westlock, Alberta. So I called customer service and they said they would send me my 2nd shipment to the correct address only I never did receive it and WEN took the 2nd payment out of my account. I am beginning to think this company is a big scam. Never received shipment or refund.

WEN by Chaz Dean Company Information