1.52/5

Foothill Ranch, CA

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1132 WEN by Chaz Dean Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 31, 2015

I ordered WEN and was excited to try it. When it finally came and I followed the directions and my hair felt silky and it looked great. It wasn't until the 2nd washing did I really notice all the hair at the bottom of the shower. I went to get my hair cut and my stylist asked what have I been using on my hair. (I used to have very thick hair and when I got my haircut, I would have to get it thinned out too.) She said it was already thin and there were some receding bald spots that I never had. I stopped using the product and tried to contact them. Their system was down for a week and when I finally got ahold of them, they grilled me for 30-45 min. before they finally said they will cancel my account.

I have not used their product in over a month and my hair is still falling out. I get emails from them asking me if I want to come back and I keep telling them no and to remove my account and stop contacting me. Now wherever I go and whoever I talk to I tell them not to use this product. After my hair started falling out I went onto website to read the reviews to see if this was happening to anyone else and there was a ton of people that this was happening to. Even when I watch TV I still see the commercials for WEN and don't know why they still play them when they get so much hate and bad reviews. This product sucks and you should not use it at all.

Original review: May 31, 2015

I had great hair summer of 2012, then I started using the WEN cleansing conditioner because I became hooked on his infomercials...... The quantity and quality of my hair went down hill from there. Finally had to stop using his products once and for all. Went back to the salon quality products I can buy in the stores. It is taking forever for me to get the length back I used to have before I started using WEN and the thinness seems to be permanent. Used the finishing treatment on my ends and stuff left my hair course, stiff, and broke off leaving more hair in my brush than on my head. Worst products ever. One thing I didn't do was order from WEN. I purchased the first time from the home shopping channel (one individual purchase) then the rest I purchased off of eBay. I have been scammed by those automatic 3 month orders before. :(

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: May 31, 2015

I started using WEN after my mom recommended it and swore by it. I love it. I have very thick hair and this feels fabulous on my dry, curly, frizzy hair. As a medical professional, I cannot imagine how a rational person could blame months of nausea and vomiting on a few uses of this product. That's called scamming for a lawsuit… They look for anything that they can get a few dollars out of a company. Our society is disgusting. Thirty years ago, if you used something and didn't like it, you just stopped using it and got over it. Now, everyone is a opportunist, feeding the greedy practice of lawyers who will sue anyone for anything. Take responsibility for your own life and choices and get a job! Lawsuits shouldn't be your only source of income. It's pathetic.

Original review: May 31, 2015

I have been using Chaz Dean's WEN products going in four years now. By following the instructions carefully on each product I have experienced softer more manageable hair than ever. Not only have I been extremely satisfied with the results my stylist also commented on how soft my hair has become. I would highly recommend to anyone wanting a more beautiful, manageable healthy head of hair.

Original review: May 31, 2015

I loved the way it made my hair feel but it did make it frizzy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WEN by Chez Dean?

Original review: May 31, 2015

I used Wen for 6 months and I ended up with bald spots. I had to get a pixie cut today because my hair was gone. My hair has never been so short. I am REALLY upset.

Original review: May 30, 2015

December of 2014 I became a customer after my daughter was given some WEN by a friend. Initially we like how healthy our hair looked and felt. In January I noticed a little hair loss but nothing extreme. Over the next 8-10 weeks the hair loss became worse, my hair also started breaking, one side of my hair became extremely thin also... I thought maybe it was hormones, change in diet, etc. until my youngest daughter started having the same problem. My hair quickly became so damaged I decided to cut it. I went from hair half way down my back to shoulder length and stopped using the WEN.

I emailed customer service, explained what was happening to me and my daughter and asked what they were going to do? Within 72 hours I received a reply apologizing for our experience, canceling my future shipments, and clearing the balance on my last shipment. I replied thanking them and requested a full refund of all amounts paid since I became a customer. My email was forwarded to the necessary department. I was contacted within 48 hours by a very helpful compassionate understanding woman. It took several days for us to actually speak due to missing each other's phone calls. When we finally spoke she had already processed a refund, explained that is was not the entire amount but was about 75% of what I had paid over 5 months.

She listened to my experience, sincerely apologized, gave me reference numbers for our conversation/refund, and said if I had any future problems to contact her. I'm thankful for having a positive experience with customer service despite having an unfortunate experience with the actual product. I hope my experience encourages others with questions/concerns to give customer service a chance. As for my hair, I stopped using WEN almost 4 weeks ago. Last night I noticed new hair growth in the thin areas.

Original review: May 30, 2015

Bought the Wen hair products from QVC. Used the products for more than two years. Started having hair thinning problems right from the very start. Thought it was just a problem from getting older. Never put the two together.... My hair has gotten so thin, frail and lifeless. I stopped using the products about 6 months ago but have yet to see any improvement. I then spent the night with my sister and used her Wen once again. Thought it was funny that all of a sudden my hair loss got even worse. That's when I put the two together and came to think that this product could be the cause of my hair loss. Then yesterday my sister called and told me about the lawsuit from women who were experiencing the same issues with hair loss and using Wen as I was..

So here I am online reading stories that are so similar to my own. Scary!! I only hope my hair will return after stopping the use of this horrible product. I am yet to see it happen! I will never use Wen again, I only hope it's not too late!

Original review: May 29, 2015

I have been using WEN seriously for the past year and lost 1/3 of my hair volume in handfuls when I washed my hair. I have used it once in awhile but became more serious this past year unknowingly. I thought I had something wrong and have asked the dr. repeatedly. I bought most of my product from QVC but some came directly from WEN. I spent a lot of money, I have long hair, and it used to be thick. I went to get my hair done tonight and that is when I was told by a stylist that there were problems with the WEN product.

Original review: May 28, 2015

I have used Wen for 5 years. It works very well. I haven't had any bad side effects at all. I did have a bad experience buying directly from Guthy Renker sellers of Wen. They are scammers. Buy only thru QVC! You get a better deal and no risk of them recharging or problems with returns. I bought the gallon when it is available and have had it for over a year. It lasts. I do have to occasionally use regular shampoo for a good clarifying once a month. Good product at good price.

Original review: May 27, 2015

Apparently placing an order and getting a confirmation email doesn't guarantee you actually get an order. 15 days later here we are with no shipping info. I've called twice and both times the customer service takes about 15 mins to track my info and then the response is that the product is in the warehouse and ready to ship that day. Apparently this is a 'common' problem that they can't seem to fix. When I asked them to cancel, they say that nothing could be done on their end and the product shouldn't arrive anyways. If it arrives, I need to call back and will have to pay for return shipping. So even if an order is placed, there's no guarantee the product will actually arrive.

Original review: May 27, 2015

I ordered this off the infomercial and have not even used all of this product. My husband first noticed and said what's up with the eyebrows! I started looking then crying. Hair and eyebrows are leaving me and not growing back! I'm literally sick!

Original review: May 27, 2015

I am sorry to hear that some folks had a bad experience, I on the other hand, couldn't have finally grown out, past a really bad hair extension problem. My hair had to be CUT short and was chemically stripped. When it would grow out a little, I would end up cutting it. Ordered Wen and used it for 2 years and I can't praise it enough. The only thing is it does get used to it, and it will start to remain flat sometimes. So have the bottle you normally use, changed occasionally. Because it will get used to it. Pricing is great because you don't need a lot! Servicing was good too! No overcharging you.. I highly recommend this product, especially if you are trying to get your hair back in better condition... I wish I could afford it again. Or I would be using it now! I had to give it up, and my hair shows it, due to becoming ill and not able to afford it right now. I will get it again as soon as my finances provide. Use it, you won't be disappointed.

Original review: May 27, 2015

I have used WEN for over 5 years and I can tell you that my hair has never been healthier! I am not sure why some are experiencing hair loss. Hormonal changes cause hair loss and I can't imagine what my hair loss would have been like if I was not using WEN during my hormonal changes. My hairdresser started using the product after she noticed how healthy my hair was and she has been doing my hair now for 9 years. A year ago, I cut almost 14 inches off my hair and donated it. I was never able to grow my hair out that long before WEN. My entire family uses it and I have 2 girls, regular shampoo is a nightmare on their hair. Chaz Dean takes pride in his product and guarantees it as long as it is purchased from authorized sources (which I only purchase from QVC, Chaz Dean Salon or Sephora) and used exactly as directed.

If this product did not work, he would not be as successful as he is today. Some people just need to get a life and stop looking for an easy pay off.

Original review: May 26, 2015

I started using WEN 7 years and love the way my hair looks & feels. I am shocked to see so many people complaining of hair-loss with the use of WEN. My hair is thicker & healthier since I've been using WEN. Prior to ordering, my hair was thinning out & I was noticing more hair in the shower drain than usual. I was quite concerned. Within 2 mo. after switching to WEN my hair looked, felt & truly was healthier than it had been in many years. I was in love! Initially, I stuck w/ the Sweet Almond Mint formula sent in my original order. It never occurred to me to try any other formula until about a year ago... At that time I noticed my hair was beginning to feel dry & I noticed more hair the shower again. So I called customer service and they assisted me in choosing another formula to better suit the current needs of my hair. They were fabulous!

One thing to remember . ... Your hair changes! As we age, our hair requires different nutrients than it did when we were younger. Hormones play a HUGE role in the condition of our hair, as does the climate where you live. The changing of seasons can wreak havoc with your hair; especially fine curly hair, like mine. So, I just switch up my WEN products to accommodate the needs of my hair. Easy Peasy! I even have my hubby using WEN now. Great Product Line.

Original review: May 26, 2015

I have been trying to cancel my WEN kit and I either get can't "complete your call at this time" or "no one is available at customer service". I feel that they are unethical and I will probably have to cancel my credit card to stop further shipments. Overall, good shampoo but I don't recommend them because of their customer service.

Original review: May 26, 2015

I lost a lot of hair in every wash! My hair is thin enough already and I thought trying this product would help. It did quite the opposite. My hair kept falling off each time I tried it. I attached a pic of how much hair I lost on each wash. After 2 weeks of trying I gave up on it. Extremely disappointing! I called to cancel right away and the following month I still got the money withdrawn. I was very upset because when I called back they did show I called to cancel but they still shipped another order & charged my account. Now I have to wait a week for refund and will need to return the product. Definitely agree with another consumer about them trying to make money on cheating people.

Original review: May 26, 2015

I started using Wen last fall. I was very excited since my sister had great success. Initially I liked it but a few months into it I noticed the back of my hair had gotten so then I could barely grab enough in my hand. I started reading reviews and sadly quit. Then I started to get itchy bumps on my scalp. They have continued even though I quit using Wen.

Original review: May 26, 2015

I had thin hair so I started going to the hair salon to help care for it and make it healthy. My hair was doing great and I had been going for three years. Doing that really made a difference. Then I started using WEN shampoo. My hair seemed nice and manageable with it. I used it for three months.... Until I lost a chuck of hair in the back right side of my head and the right front side where I lost another chunk! It happened overnight! I had no idea how it happened. I thought maybe the hair dryer had done it. Was completely perplexed and devastated...in tears.

When I went to my hair salon, she was shocked and asked me what shampoo was I using and I said WEN ...she said stop using it immediately which I did. I wasn't sure if my hair would grow back. That happened in August 2014 and now it's May 25th 2015 and it has started to grow back a little at a time. My hair stylist gave me a complete hair cut. I also have been taking Biotin 5000 mg. religiously!

I do not like the auto shipments either because there isn't enough time to stop it...meaning that I owe them 89.00. It's gone to collections. Im going to pay it so that they will leave me alone. I couldn't believe all these complaints...I just discovered this website...Now I truly believe it was the WEN!

Original review: May 24, 2015

I have been using WEN shampoo and over the last two months my hair has been falling out at an alarming rate. At first I thought because I had turned 60 it was just a part of life but now I have total bald spots on the top of my head. I have lost sleep trying to figure out what I have been doing wrong or what I need to do to fix this hair loss. I don't know why I came to this website, but I'm glad I did. Maybe praying for the hair loss to stop brought me here. I purchased WEN from a TV shopping network.

Original review: May 24, 2015

I have been using this product for about 6 months... And about 3 weeks ago I started noticing I am losing my hair in clumps! The attached picture represents 1 day of HAIR LOSS! GROSS.

Original review: May 23, 2015

I was really excited to try WEN. When I received my shipment the invoice was addressed wrong. I live in Edson, Alberta and my invoice was addressed to Westlock, Alberta. So I called customer service and they said they would send me my 2nd shipment to the correct address only I never did receive it and WEN took the 2nd payment out of my account. I am beginning to think this company is a big scam. Never received shipment or refund.

Original review: May 23, 2015

I wanted to cancel my order and they kept giving me the run around saying they couldn't find me in the system. Yet they got the money out of my account.

Original review: May 23, 2015

I would like to join the CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT for this product. Have hair falling out in handfuls. Started in 2012. Everything was okay until 2014. Now I have almost no hair remaining. I started with thin, straight hair, hoping this product would be safe for me. My doctor told me I was just under stress. My hairdresser and doctor stated that almost all women and men that used this product had many bald spots. I would like a complete refund for all I spent on QVC for this product plus my hair back. Now I can't give $1000's of dollars of this product away, now will I ever use it again. HELP IN FLORIDA....

This product is harmful. DO NOT USE IT. If you have no money - like me, don't get suckered into this. I thought I would have a mane of hair, now I don't have any. I am poor and my brother, daughter, son, and father helped me to purchase these items to assist in making me happy over the years. Widowed, lost my husband and provider in 2010, this did nothing but make me buy a wig. Who wants to wear a wig to your new date? Wrecked my life.

Original review: May 22, 2015

I purchased the WEN shampoo June 2014. I washed my hair once every 3 weeks. It was great for the first 5 times until I noticed that my eyelashes were diminishing and I noticed more than normal amounts of hair in the drain (which I didn't even think it was the shampoo). So I used the product for a total of 10 months. Then the last batch I got, the patches of hair were coming out (My hair is down past the middle of my back and very full...lots of fine hair. Now my hair looks like straw -- very frail).

In the meantime, throughout the year I kept having health issues that were unexplainable (to the point of being tested for allergies and nothing appeared). I had an infection that was unexplainable. My nerves were shot. Even my sinus and hearing were affected. Also my nose would bleed when I blew it after I used the shampoo. Speech impairment. Lack of concentration (I do accounting). My head hurts to the point I can feel every hair follicle on my head is full of pain. I have lost 3/4 of the thickness of my hair. I have 4 large patches of hair gone. Now for the rash on my hands and arms, totally horrifying, itchy and leaving scars. I am in the process of getting my liver tested for toxins as this product absorbs into the skin and scalp, then makes its way into the liver. Now that is scary and downright freaky that I messed up my health with shampoo and the company is still allowed to sell it.

I feel I should be compensated for the money spent plus for the embarrassment and the anxiety. I have 8 bottles of the WEN shampoo that they will not take back. Isn't there a "customer satisfaction guarantee" money back if you are not satisfied? And now that I cannot even get out in the sun (for fear of getting the sun on my damaged scalp...who knows what issues will occur?) because my scalp feels like it is burning, and my arms and hands have to be covered so I don't get more damage.

I am very unhappy with this situation. I have worked too hard all 52 years of my life to remain healthy (as natural as possible) to be messed up by this!! This is not right and justice needs to be done to stop this product from being sold or from causing such health issues. And if not, at least state it on the packaging and let us judge for ourselves if we want to destroy our own health. The thing that gets me -- When I call, they are not concerned. They simply don't care about their customers. It is all about the money to them. Greed, grrr...Well, Chaz Dean, karma will come back to get you!!

Original review: May 22, 2015

I ordered this product over 4 weeks ago - it still hasn't arrived. I have called several times. You get the run around - they never answer and when they do they give inaccurate information!! No one there knows what is going on. I would recommend using another product!

Original review: May 22, 2015

I have been using Wen shampoo for years. Something has changed with their formula because I have noticed my hair is noticeably thinner. I'm wondering if his shampoo is made in China and some short cuts are being made with the ingredients? Maybe one of the plant ingredients was grown with large amounts of pesticides? Has anyone done a thorough testing of the ingredients? Where are they from? How are they grown?

Original review: May 22, 2015

I placed two orders thinking it was a one-time deal. I was completely shocked when I discovered that 30 days later my account was charged over $100 and two more shipments were on their way. I called immediately and they said I just missed the note in the order summary section. I told them I read everything, even the terms and conditions ALL THE WAY THROUGH, and there was NOTHING which said I was on a replenishment program. They said their supervisor wasn't in (I had called at night because I had been at work and then in classes all day) and to call back tomorrow.

I called during the day a couple days later because I was again unable to set aside a few hours (HOURS) to talk to the WEN/Guthy-Renker people. They again gave me the run-around. I have also been attempting to email and have used various contact forms, but to no avail. When they replied, they didn't even address most of my email, they only gave me the same spiel the folks over the phone did. I finally went back and took a screenshot of the form and called again. I didn't get anywhere with them. I returned everything, but they still charged me shipping, which is BULL because I never signed up for replenishment.

They caused major overdraft on my account and made me late on other bills. Essentially, they wreaked havoc on my finances and claimed that they were in the right. I am a student, I ordered as a treat to myself. I CANNOT afford that crazy crap to be sent to me regularly for over $100 every few months! Just an FYI, I ordered on January 30th, 2015. It is now MAY 22 AND I AM STILL DEALING WITH THEIR CRAP. All they do in emails is say that the order summary said that I was signing up for the replenishment program, which as you can see in the screenshot, does NOT. Do NOT order from these cheats and liars. I was one of the lucky ones who found that this product did work well with my hair. I would have continued to be a loyal customer if they weren't such horrible people. Instead they turned all viking pillager on me and destroyed that relationship.

Original review: May 21, 2015

The first time I used this product my hair started falling out. At first I didn't think about it but noticed that it keep falling out and large amount were found in the shower after each use. Told my hairdresser about it and she informed me about the lawsuit. My mother in law thinks its the best thing - so obviously this does not happen to everyone. Tossed the rest of the shampoo in the trash. Will never use it. Off to buy Nioxin shampoo to help it grow back.

Original review: May 21, 2015

I ordered your set a year ago in the lavender scent. You sent me vanilla. I hate the smell of vanilla and called you. Instead of sending the lavender scent set, you send ONE bottle. I sent the vanilla set back and never got the complete set of lavender that I ordered and paid for. Then you send another set 6 weeks later and charge me 60.00. I still didn't get the 1st set I paid for. I called you and told you to cancel the subscription.

2 months later you send another set and charge me for that as well, then all the sudden you send vitamins that I NEVER ordered and bill me for those as well. How dare you to send me items I didn't order. (Wrong scent PLUS Vitamins) and expect me to pay for them. I NEVER wanted your vitamins, I NEVER accepted your offer for them, you send them to me, bill me and after 2 phone calls to you still expect me to pay for them, then have the GALL to send my name to a collection agency?

I will NEVER pay for something I NEVER ordered. You have yet to send me the correct lavender set I did pay for. I will never recommend your product to anyone. I am sending a complaint to BBB and every complaint site I find. What you have done to me is VERY wrong. If you would have gotten the order RIGHT, I would probably still be a customer, but screw me over and I will be your worst enemy. I fully intend to let the thousands of people I know how you screw people over. In fact what you did to me will be put on my web site as well for everyone to see.

WEN by Chaz Dean Company Information