1.09/5
Based on 66 reviews that contain star ratings

69 Voguewigs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I purchased two wigs and accessories. I returned them using their label. Not only did they charge me 15% of the purchase price for returning the wigs, they also charged me $10 for using their label to return them. It is not free returns. And the cost of returning is outrageous. They also charged me 30% of the purchase price of the accessories to return them. They are not ethical in my humble opinion.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I purchased a Jon Renau wig from Voguewigs.com - what a waste of money. I went for this brand because it is well known. When the wig arrived it looked very shiny and somewhat synthetic. I've received wigs with a more realistic hairline and part. The wigs I buy from moramode.com look far more realistic than these wigs and are a fraction of the price. The hairline is very natural which is important for me as I like to pin my hair back or wear it up in a bun and the wig I purchased allows me to do that. The Jon Renau cap is snug and breathable but unfortunately it does not offer the natural look I am after.

Get expert buying tips about Wigs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I had been looking at Voguewigs site for several months and finally decided to purchase. All the reviews looked so wonderful, on their site. Yeah, I know, stupid me! Anyhow, I ordered Aubrey in Coconut Creme by Tony. Coconut is white so I expected a very light blonde. The customer that they showcased with it was very light blonde, and that's what I expected. My wig came in more of a strawberry blonde. Not even close to something I would wear. Back in the box it went. I also bought a final sale (another stupid idea) the Sophia in wheat blonde.

The coloring on this wig reminded me of the frosting jobs that we used to get back in the 80's. It had much too much hair. Also this was much darker than I expected. Within a few minutes of opening the shipping box, I was closing it, with the wigs in it. I knew the one was a final sale, so I asked the company to please donate it to a charity. But they are not doing that, they are charging me a 30% restocking fee, and will sell it AGAIN. That's just wrong. I will have to pay a 15% restocking fee on the other wig, plus pay $10.00 for the shipping.

Original review: May 9, 2018

On 4/4/2018 I placed an order with Voguewigs for 2 wigs and I was told that one had a torn welt. They sent me an image what could have been any wig. They offered me a credit which is approximately $50.00 less than I paid for it. The other wig they charged me a 30% restocking fee and then reduced it to 15% and a credit which I used. The credit for $83.59. I've had 3 different people contact me and I'm getting the run-around. One person says I never returned the wig I have the $83.59 credit for and that's just an example. I can see she's been trained to do everything but satisfy the customer. I want people to know that most of the wigs can be bought from other wig companies. There's many of them out there. You DON'T have to buy from Vague... I mean Voguewigs. This is the first and last time I will ever buy from them again. They should be investigated and their swamp drained.

Original review: April 14, 2018

On 4/11/18 I received "Christie Brinkley" wig I purchased from Voguewigs.com. I purchased this wig because of the two things I was looking for in a wig: "Monofilament", and the color "Dark blond with blond highlights (Natural medium brown with pale gold highlights)". Since "MONOFILAMENT WIG" was posted in capital letters, I thought I was getting monofilament wig. I expected to receive a wig with pale highlights all over the wig, but the wig I received had the highlights only on the front portion of the wig. Nowhere on the website was posted that the pale highlights are only at the front.

The wig I received was not monofilament at all. The wig had a small monofilament "patch" on the top of the wig. When you read "monofilament", you believe that monofilament is on the front of the wig, so the parting of the hair would look natural. There was a picture or two of the inside of the wig on the website, but I did not know how to read the picture, and I believed that this was a monofilament wig, as it was written in capital letters on the website.

On 4/11/18 I sent an email to Voguewigs.com in regards to the color. At this time I was not yet even aware that the wig was not monofilament. On 4/12/18 I made an appointment for 4/13/18, to come to the shop in order to exchange the wig for the right one. However, the shop had only one monofilament wig in the color with blond highlights, and the wig was not to my liking. I asked for the full refund, because vougewigs.com website deceived me in regards to the color and the monofilament. Victoria, after she checked with her boss, told me that I had three options: get store credit (Which was out of question due to limited choice), get the monofilament wig (I did not like) with free brush and few other gifts, or refund with 15% restocking fee.

I opted for refund. However, I was shorted by $1.47 because the store reduced my refund by 15% of the sales tax portion. Victoria said that the calculation of $123.20 was correct (After she checked with her boss). However, the calculation is not correct. The refund should have been $124.67. I left the shop because I was not going to argue for $1.47. Supposedly this is the way how they have been calculating the restocking fees, charging 15% not only on the purchase price, but also on the portion of the sales tax.

When a very important fact is omitted from the website - in regards to the position of the highlights on the wig, when the website is posting falsely Monofilament Wig in capital letters, this is deceiving at best. I lost around $30 because I was deceived. I would have paid gladly the restocking fee if I received the wig I ordered, and then changed my mind. But, this was not the case.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Voguewigs?

Original review: March 22, 2018

I suggest you do not order from Vogue Wigs. I ordered a wig and when I received it, it does not look anything like what the picture did. Also, if you are not satisfied with the wig and return it, they CHARGE A 15% RESTOCKING FEE AS WELL AS THE SHIPPING. Why should you charged a restocking fee if you order the wig and you are not happy with it and you return the wig. Won't you stock this wig to resale? MAKES NO SENSE. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I HAVE ORDERED AND RETURN THE WIG.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Thank you, Vogue Wigs for the excellent service. My order was processed within the given time frame and actually delivered quicker than the estimated delivery date! I would definitely recommend Vogue Wigs to anyone that has purchased wigs before or looking to purchase a wig for the first time. I would take these other negative reviews with a grain of salt.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I purchased a Jon Renau wig, of which the color did not look appropriate. I carefully re-packed it and sent it back. I received an email that they were withholding part of my purchase price as the wig had "perfume odor." This is an outright lie and I emailed them back and told them so. I questioned if someone in the returns dept. may have handled with wig and that I did NOT wear the wig, nor handle it with any perfume or lotions on my hands. They originally were going to reimburse me $46.46 of my payment to them of $88.89. Then they were willing to give me a store credit of $58.54.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I feel Voguewigs' returns policies are hidden. The hair piece I received was flimsy and of poor quality. Because I had to open the package to look at the product, I was told I had damaged the original manufacturing and they couldn't resell it. What a farce. So they are keeping half my money for doing nothing. I will never buy from them again. Their product is flimsy and their return policy a scam. Save yourself the trouble and buy from a more consumer friendly company.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Please read the reviews for Vogue Wigs carefully. They are experts at HIDING their returns policy. I had spoken with a rep about needing help choosing a color. She told me they had a policy that they would send me a $50 color ring - and I'd get to look at it, send it back but they'd charge $10 for that. Seemed like a lot, but what the heck - I'd know my color and that would be good. The color ring they sent had several mixed up swatches. Swatches with no labels.

I thought it was bad, but the swatch of "my color" seemed OK plus I was only borrowing the color ring anyhow. I sent it back - then got notified that they were charging me 50% of the full cost of the *new* (NOT) color ring as part of their "return policy!" $32.00 just to look at a piece of plastic hair that was not even a new item! This place is honestly a SCAM. Please do not order from them unless you know EXACTLY what will happen if you send something back. Even then you may get cheated. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

On 24/12/16, ordered a TOB wig US$432.00 (all up). AUSTRALIAN dollars translates to a lot more! Wanted to return it, left side not even finished. Manufacturer's fault initially, secondly VW fault for allowing it to be sold in this condition. You will NOT win by reasoning with them so I emailed VW that I would accept the 30% restocking fee and the remainder of monies to be placed back into my payment method. Email response was to send it back & I will get a larger refund in the form of credit (not back in my payment method as written in their policy). Emailed back to advise me of EXACTLY how much refund I will receive (which should be 100%) and have had no response. I decided to keep the wig as it was obvious that they will keep the wig and I will get practically nothing in compensation. What a scam!

ALSO, ANY NEGATIVE REVIEWS A CUSTOMER WRITES ABOUT THEIR SITE OR THEIR WIGS WILL NOT BE SHOWN ON THEIR WEBSITE. Legally their policies would not stand up in court as they are so ambiguous. They rely heavily on people that do not understand the legalities of policy conditions. I had bought several expensive wigs from them but never had a problem until now. If you buy any wig online, do expect to either get the wig you wanted or wear the consequences. They do this because they can and will get away with it. I live in Australia and therefore to take court action would be somewhat impossible but if I lived in America it would be a different story. Customers in America should contact each other, band together and take up a class action against this company. I strongly believe this will work!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

Sent back merchandise, would not refund said I took tags off which I did not. The color was wrong so sent wig back immediately. Then VogueWigs said I did not have it in the original cellophane bag. They said they would credit me $2.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I thought how lovely, I'd help my aunt and mother with cancer... I'd buy them wigs and they could try them on in the privacy of their own home & send back whichever one that doesn't fit or color match them... NOT... Oh and YOU CAN'T TRY THEM ON AT HOME!! THEY WON'T RETURN IF IT'S TRIED ON!!!??? The photo colors or styles do not match the wigs online. They tack on large fees for returns!!! In fine print you will see this but it's not on the main page... In fact, I still can't find this fee, I was only told by customer service. When my mother returned the wigs they charged me 30% of my order then another 15% then a $10 shipping fee!!! Almost $100 worth of fees for returns! Beware how dishonest this company is!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I'm a Canadian - they happily ship to Canada but don't give full refunds to Canada when they ship a misleading product. The attitude on the phone is not like other online shopping companies. They act like they are doing YOU, the CUSTOMER, a huge service. The wigs from Vogue.com are lovely - but - the photos don't depict what you get... who reads the fine print that says the back of a wig is one inch long when the photo says it's four inches long... I received a wig that was so "different" than the photo on the site. Due to their "ATTITUDE", I WILL NOT PURCHASE on this site again. They should hire "real managers" - in other words, someone who cares about keeping the business - these folks they hire don't give a **. They should read Napoleon Hill's - Think and Grow Rich AGAIN.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

3 years of business I have done w/ Vogue Wigs. Vogue sent me the wrong product & I sent back, had to pay 30% restocking, $10.00 shipping and was left w/ $6.00 after spending $58.00 on the product Vogue shipped incorrectly. I went back/forth w/ Vogue - gave store credit only - will use up my store credit & never do business with them again. Vogue dings you with $20 plus shipping charges, ponytail extensions last a wk then turn into a frizzy disgusting piece of crap.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I purchased two Jon Renau wigs and one Noriko. The two Jon Renau's were so fake looking and the Noriko was just soso. I have worn extensions for just about 30 years. Both sewn in and glued. My worst looked better than any of these wigs. I have played with wigs and found a cheap Forever Young, looked much better and received compliments instead of laughter followed by "you have a wig on!"

I am blessed to have what it takes to look great with or without. Look much better without these. If you are looking for a wig to go out with on a bad hair and as the years go by they become more frequent try Forever Young and get a collection for the price of one of the above. I would like to mention I purchased the Jon Renau wigs because they were recommended by Opera. For myself, a lady who loves hair, the more the merrier. I will go to a wig store. I recommend you do the same. Sincerely and Happy Holidays!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I recently purchased a Raquel Welch wig. The picture of the wig was very cute, however when I received this wig it looked nothing like the picture. I have tried every which way to style this wig, but it is a piece of crap. I wasted 135.00. The advertising of the way the wig should look is completely false. Buyers beware.

Original review: July 29, 2016

The return policy for Vogue wigs is such a racket. The return policy paper is stuffed in the bottom of the box crumpled up with the other stuffing paper. After calling the company to ask how to return, I finally found the page. Reading: cannot try on wig, cannot remove three large tags, must pay a restocking fee, if exchange, must be for same or greater value!! This exchange policy is such a rip-off. I am 64 yrs old. I do not make a habit of exchanging anything, much less a beautiful wig. The color is much too dark for me, way too much hair. I cut off the tags to view the wig before I read the exchange policy. Tried to exchange for a less expensive wig and was willing to forego the difference, but was told my exchange had to be the same or greater value. What a racket vogue wigs is running!

Original review: July 7, 2016

I ordered my wig because the website said it takes 1-2 business days to ship - it took 4. I ordered it for an event and paid 2 times what the wig is worth for express international shipping. It sat in the post office for 6 days because they got the address wrong, putting a number as a street name - but apparently I made that mistake. The best they can do is refund the cost of the wig $35 and store credit my $70 shipping cost. Store credit with a store I would never do business with again...

Original review: May 31, 2016

I received the hairpiece. Total cost over $85.00. Where do I start? Looked like a very thin, super shiny joke of phony looking hair that was so cheap looking I would not even put it on my dog for fear of embarrassment! You are told you can send it back if it doesn't work for you, but not if you open it. How do you know if you don't try it on? Or you can pay another $20.00 to send it back, if you don't take it out of the package, and incur an restocking fee. Wish I had read the reviews first. Threw it in the trash. Stay away!

Original review: May 9, 2016

Terrible customer service! Almost 2 weeks for a delivery. You can get it shipped overseas faster and I still don't have my purchase. Never got a tracking number. Just terrible.

Original review: May 1, 2016

When I returned a wig they are downgrading my return due to a "damaged box." I don't understand how I can be held responsible for the post office damaging the box. They reduce your return for so many reasons that it is ridiculous. There are many wig companies with far more lenient return credits so I will not do business with Vogue Wigs in the future. Stay away.

Original review: April 9, 2016

I ordered the Rachel Welch Winner wig. The first order the color was nothing like described. I talked to a rep to order another color. I sent the first wig back at my expense, $14. The new wig came and it was horrible. The front looked like a child had just cut it straight across. There were no razor graduated cuts as shown in picture. The wig was flat without the body shown in the picture.

I took it to a stylist to see if anything could be done to fix it. She cut the tag, then I knew I was doomed. It couldn't be fixed and I could not return it. I wrote a review on the wig, it was never published. They offered that I could send the wig back for a 30% restocking fee plus shipping and the price of another wig. Seriously? All total this $108 wig cost me $180 and it was put in the trash. Read everything carefully with this company. Vogue blamed the manufacturer for this horrible wig, yet they don't back up what they sell. In my opinion they should have a QA monitor at these factories if they are going to sell these products.

Original review: March 25, 2016

I ordered 2 items on a buy one get one half price promo. They emailed me that one was out of stock and I emailed them back the same day asking that they cancel the order as I do not have time to reselect. 3 days later they email me that they shipped only the one item but charged me for both items, the shipping is $12.35 for one $15 item, not a bargain. Now I get to dispute the charges with my credit card since they shipped an item that I asked them not to! Of course it was a No Return item, this company clearly is a waste of time and money. Wish I'd read the reviews prior to purchasing - Buyer Beware!

Original review: March 24, 2016

Tangling and dry hair. When we send back these 10 orders they charged us extreme high prices to fix it. All the same problems and they are holding the products by blackmailing us to pay first. We are fed up with this unreliable company who is just a private person I guess.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2016

Before ordering a wig from Vogue Wigs, I called to determine what their return policy was since I had never ordered from them before. I was told you can return for credit or a refund. I ordered a wig and was surprised to find that it was not the same length as the photo in the catalog and would have to return it. I then discovered there is a 15% restocking fee, which I had never been told about. I called the company and the person I spoke with said she would call me back. She called back in just a few minutes and told me that she heard my recorded conversation with customer service and I WAS told about the 15% restocking fee.

I told her that I knew she had NOT listened to the recording and, if she had, she would be able to confirm that I was not given the entire return policy. She became difficult and I we eventually parted ways. This is a horrible company to deal with. When I return my wig, if I am given any problems by Vogue Wigs, I will issue a report to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. Per their return policy, a 15% restocking fee was required. When they received it they said it smelled like smoke and perfume. I DO NOT SMOKE, and the wig did not smell like perfume. I tried it on ONCE. It did not fit, (too big) so I sent it back. Now they are docking me 30%. I don't know if there is any recourse to this kind of practice. If there is, please contact me.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

DO NOT do business with this company! They will fabricate invalid excuses for the purpose of fraudulently increasing fees for supposed restocking. They accused me of wearing the wig and it smelling like perfume. I NEVER put it on and I don't wear perfume! These people are not worthy of anyone's business.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2015

Vogue Wigs pretends to offer refunds at 15% (for a supposed "restocking fee"). I just sent a wig back that was tried on once with a plastic head protector and which was in my home for about 4 hours before I mailed it back. They are now saying that they will be taking off 30% because there is "an odor". Because of severe asthma in one of my children, there is no smoke, perfume or cleaners with any chemicals or scents. Their claim is a blatant lie and an obvious scam to allow them to keep 30% of my refund. I have tried three times to address this with their Customer Service, but they are ignoring my concerns. There are many, much better and more reputable companies -- I recommend using one.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

I ordered a wig for a holiday party. I was under the impression my purchase would arrive within 3 days because that's what I paid for but sadly that wasn't the case. The address the merchandise was sent to wasn't the address I typed up. Although it was a mistake on their end instead of fixing the error, the representative I was communicating with was so short with me and I could sense the attitude from the tone of the emails. Till this day I'm still waiting on my refund. As a service provider my recommendation for this firm maybe they should have send a replacement merchandise since it was their mistake instead of telling me to wait until they receive the previous order. Why I as a consumer is getting the short end like it was my mistake.

Voguewigs expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Voguewigs is a California-based online wig retailer featuring wigs, hairpieces, extensions, costume wigs and accessories. It offers a broad selection for women, men and children in a variety of colors, textures, materials, styles and price points.

• Stylish, modern looks: Voguewigs offers an extensive wig collection with options for every look. It updates its inventory regularly and offers popular styles, colors and cuts according to fashion trends.

• Broad selection of textures: Many wig stores offer a limited selection of textures, which can be frustrating for customers who want a natural-looking wig. Voguewigs offers a broad selection, including smooth, wavy, curly and kinky hair in a variety of cuts and colors.

• Extensive costume selections: In addition to fashion and everyday wigs, Voguewigs offers one of the largest selections of costume wigs. Search these fun selections by decade, theme or character to find the right look for any costume, male or female.

• Free shipping over $50: Orders over $50 ship USPS Priority for free to the continental United States. International orders ship free over $150.

• Informational resources: Voguewigs website features handy reference guides to help customers understand hair loss patterns. It also explains wig options to help you choose the wig that works best for your needs. It even features a celebrity guide with photo slideshows of popular celebrity hairstyles and wig suggestions to help customers duplicate the look themselves.

• Best for: women, men and children who want a broad selection of modern styles and options.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs