1.04/5
Based on 57 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Voguewigs

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 28, 2017

60 Voguewigs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Please read the reviews for Vogue Wigs carefully. They are experts at HIDING their returns policy. I had spoken with a rep about needing help choosing a color. She told me they had a policy that they would send me a $50 color ring - and I'd get to look at it, send it back but they'd charge $10 for that. Seemed like a lot, but what the heck - I'd know my color and that would be good. The color ring they sent had several mixed up swatches. Swatches with no labels.

I thought it was bad, but the swatch of "my color" seemed OK plus I was only borrowing the color ring anyhow. I sent it back - then got notified that they were charging me 50% of the full cost of the *new* (NOT) color ring as part of their "return policy!" $32.00 just to look at a piece of plastic hair that was not even a new item! This place is honestly a SCAM. Please do not order from them unless you know EXACTLY what will happen if you send something back. Even then you may get cheated. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

On 24/12/16, ordered a TOB wig US$432.00 (all up). AUSTRALIAN dollars translates to a lot more! Wanted to return it, left side not even finished. Manufacturer's fault initially, secondly VW fault for allowing it to be sold in this condition. You will NOT win by reasoning with them so I emailed VW that I would accept the 30% restocking fee and the remainder of monies to be placed back into my payment method. Email response was to send it back & I will get a larger refund in the form of credit (not back in my payment method as written in their policy). Emailed back to advise me of EXACTLY how much refund I will receive (which should be 100%) and have had no response. I decided to keep the wig as it was obvious that they will keep the wig and I will get practically nothing in compensation. What a scam!

ALSO, ANY NEGATIVE REVIEWS A CUSTOMER WRITES ABOUT THEIR SITE OR THEIR WIGS WILL NOT BE SHOWN ON THEIR WEBSITE. Legally their policies would not stand up in court as they are so ambiguous. They rely heavily on people that do not understand the legalities of policy conditions. I had bought several expensive wigs from them but never had a problem until now. If you buy any wig online, do expect to either get the wig you wanted or wear the consequences. They do this because they can and will get away with it. I live in Australia and therefore to take court action would be somewhat impossible but if I lived in America it would be a different story. Customers in America should contact each other, band together and take up a class action against this company. I strongly believe this will work!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

Sent back merchandise, would not refund said I took tags off which I did not. The color was wrong so sent wig back immediately. Then VogueWigs said I did not have it in the original cellophane bag. They said they would credit me $2.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I thought how lovely, I'd help my aunt and mother with cancer... I'd buy them wigs and they could try them on in the privacy of their own home & send back whichever one that doesn't fit or color match them... NOT... Oh and YOU CAN'T TRY THEM ON AT HOME!! THEY WON'T RETURN IF IT'S TRIED ON!!!??? The photo colors or styles do not match the wigs online. They tack on large fees for returns!!! In fine print you will see this but it's not on the main page... In fact, I still can't find this fee, I was only told by customer service. When my mother returned the wigs they charged me 30% of my order then another 15% then a $10 shipping fee!!! Almost $100 worth of fees for returns! Beware how dishonest this company is!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I'm a Canadian - they happily ship to Canada but don't give full refunds to Canada when they ship a misleading product. The attitude on the phone is not like other online shopping companies. They act like they are doing YOU, the CUSTOMER, a huge service. The wigs from Vogue.com are lovely - but - the photos don't depict what you get... who reads the fine print that says the back of a wig is one inch long when the photo says it's four inches long... I received a wig that was so "different" than the photo on the site. Due to their "ATTITUDE", I WILL NOT PURCHASE on this site again. They should hire "real managers" - in other words, someone who cares about keeping the business - these folks they hire don't give a **. They should read Napoleon Hill's - Think and Grow Rich AGAIN.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Voguewigs?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

3 years of business I have done w/ Vogue Wigs. Vogue sent me the wrong product & I sent back, had to pay 30% restocking, $10.00 shipping and was left w/ $6.00 after spending $58.00 on the product Vogue shipped incorrectly. I went back/forth w/ Vogue - gave store credit only - will use up my store credit & never do business with them again. Vogue dings you with $20 plus shipping charges, ponytail extensions last a wk then turn into a frizzy disgusting piece of crap.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I purchased two Jon Renau wigs and one Noriko. The two Jon Renau's were so fake looking and the Noriko was just soso. I have worn extensions for just about 30 years. Both sewn in and glued. My worst looked better than any of these wigs. I have played with wigs and found a cheap Forever Young, looked much better and received compliments instead of laughter followed by "you have a wig on!"

I am blessed to have what it takes to look great with or without. Look much better without these. If you are looking for a wig to go out with on a bad hair and as the years go by they become more frequent try Forever Young and get a collection for the price of one of the above. I would like to mention I purchased the Jon Renau wigs because they were recommended by Opera. For myself, a lady who loves hair, the more the merrier. I will go to a wig store. I recommend you do the same. Sincerely and Happy Holidays!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I recently purchased a Raquel Welch wig. The picture of the wig was very cute, however when I received this wig it looked nothing like the picture. I have tried every which way to style this wig, but it is a piece of crap. I wasted 135.00. The advertising of the way the wig should look is completely false. Buyers beware.

Original review: July 29, 2016

The return policy for Vogue wigs is such a racket. The return policy paper is stuffed in the bottom of the box crumpled up with the other stuffing paper. After calling the company to ask how to return, I finally found the page. Reading: cannot try on wig, cannot remove three large tags, must pay a restocking fee, if exchange, must be for same or greater value!! This exchange policy is such a rip-off. I am 64 yrs old. I do not make a habit of exchanging anything, much less a beautiful wig. The color is much too dark for me, way too much hair. I cut off the tags to view the wig before I read the exchange policy. Tried to exchange for a less expensive wig and was willing to forego the difference, but was told my exchange had to be the same or greater value. What a racket vogue wigs is running!

Original review: July 7, 2016

I ordered my wig because the website said it takes 1-2 business days to ship - it took 4. I ordered it for an event and paid 2 times what the wig is worth for express international shipping. It sat in the post office for 6 days because they got the address wrong, putting a number as a street name - but apparently I made that mistake. The best they can do is refund the cost of the wig $35 and store credit my $70 shipping cost. Store credit with a store I would never do business with again...

Original review: May 31, 2016

I received the hairpiece. Total cost over $85.00. Where do I start? Looked like a very thin, super shiny joke of phony looking hair that was so cheap looking I would not even put it on my dog for fear of embarrassment! You are told you can send it back if it doesn't work for you, but not if you open it. How do you know if you don't try it on? Or you can pay another $20.00 to send it back, if you don't take it out of the package, and incur an restocking fee. Wish I had read the reviews first. Threw it in the trash. Stay away!

Original review: May 9, 2016

Terrible customer service! Almost 2 weeks for a delivery. You can get it shipped overseas faster and I still don't have my purchase. Never got a tracking number. Just terrible.

Original review: May 1, 2016

When I returned a wig they are downgrading my return due to a "damaged box." I don't understand how I can be held responsible for the post office damaging the box. They reduce your return for so many reasons that it is ridiculous. There are many wig companies with far more lenient return credits so I will not do business with Vogue Wigs in the future. Stay away.

Original review: April 9, 2016

I ordered the Rachel Welch Winner wig. The first order the color was nothing like described. I talked to a rep to order another color. I sent the first wig back at my expense, $14. The new wig came and it was horrible. The front looked like a child had just cut it straight across. There were no razor graduated cuts as shown in picture. The wig was flat without the body shown in the picture.

I took it to a stylist to see if anything could be done to fix it. She cut the tag, then I knew I was doomed. It couldn't be fixed and I could not return it. I wrote a review on the wig, it was never published. They offered that I could send the wig back for a 30% restocking fee plus shipping and the price of another wig. Seriously? All total this $108 wig cost me $180 and it was put in the trash. Read everything carefully with this company. Vogue blamed the manufacturer for this horrible wig, yet they don't back up what they sell. In my opinion they should have a QA monitor at these factories if they are going to sell these products.

Original review: March 25, 2016

I ordered 2 items on a buy one get one half price promo. They emailed me that one was out of stock and I emailed them back the same day asking that they cancel the order as I do not have time to reselect. 3 days later they email me that they shipped only the one item but charged me for both items, the shipping is $12.35 for one $15 item, not a bargain. Now I get to dispute the charges with my credit card since they shipped an item that I asked them not to! Of course it was a No Return item, this company clearly is a waste of time and money. Wish I'd read the reviews prior to purchasing - Buyer Beware!

Original review: March 24, 2016

Tangling and dry hair. When we send back these 10 orders they charged us extreme high prices to fix it. All the same problems and they are holding the products by blackmailing us to pay first. We are fed up with this unreliable company who is just a private person I guess.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2016

Before ordering a wig from Vogue Wigs, I called to determine what their return policy was since I had never ordered from them before. I was told you can return for credit or a refund. I ordered a wig and was surprised to find that it was not the same length as the photo in the catalog and would have to return it. I then discovered there is a 15% restocking fee, which I had never been told about. I called the company and the person I spoke with said she would call me back. She called back in just a few minutes and told me that she heard my recorded conversation with customer service and I WAS told about the 15% restocking fee.

I told her that I knew she had NOT listened to the recording and, if she had, she would be able to confirm that I was not given the entire return policy. She became difficult and I we eventually parted ways. This is a horrible company to deal with. When I return my wig, if I am given any problems by Vogue Wigs, I will issue a report to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. Per their return policy, a 15% restocking fee was required. When they received it they said it smelled like smoke and perfume. I DO NOT SMOKE, and the wig did not smell like perfume. I tried it on ONCE. It did not fit, (too big) so I sent it back. Now they are docking me 30%. I don't know if there is any recourse to this kind of practice. If there is, please contact me.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

DO NOT do business with this company! They will fabricate invalid excuses for the purpose of fraudulently increasing fees for supposed restocking. They accused me of wearing the wig and it smelling like perfume. I NEVER put it on and I don't wear perfume! These people are not worthy of anyone's business.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2015

Vogue Wigs pretends to offer refunds at 15% (for a supposed "restocking fee"). I just sent a wig back that was tried on once with a plastic head protector and which was in my home for about 4 hours before I mailed it back. They are now saying that they will be taking off 30% because there is "an odor". Because of severe asthma in one of my children, there is no smoke, perfume or cleaners with any chemicals or scents. Their claim is a blatant lie and an obvious scam to allow them to keep 30% of my refund. I have tried three times to address this with their Customer Service, but they are ignoring my concerns. There are many, much better and more reputable companies -- I recommend using one.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

I ordered a wig for a holiday party. I was under the impression my purchase would arrive within 3 days because that's what I paid for but sadly that wasn't the case. The address the merchandise was sent to wasn't the address I typed up. Although it was a mistake on their end instead of fixing the error, the representative I was communicating with was so short with me and I could sense the attitude from the tone of the emails. Till this day I'm still waiting on my refund. As a service provider my recommendation for this firm maybe they should have send a replacement merchandise since it was their mistake instead of telling me to wait until they receive the previous order. Why I as a consumer is getting the short end like it was my mistake.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2015

Purchased a wig for $195.00 from Vougewigs.com. The picture displayed did not match description. The description said it had chunky highlights and that was an understatement. The wig is mostly blonde (Since my complaint, I see that they have changed the description). Extremely disappointed. When I received the wig it was not even close in color to the picture. I tried it on briefly and quickly removed as I knew it had to be returned. Put it back in box and read the return policy. The only way to get a full refund is to do business with them for an in-store credit otherwise you lose a 15% restocking fee.

Called their customer service who asked if I had even tried it on? I was honest and said yes. I was then told they would be keeping 30% because it had been tried on. Spoke to manager who authorized the 15% and told me I would get back $165.75. They received my order back on 10/19/15 and today I received an email from them today (11/5/15) informing me that after inspecting the wig they were only going to give me $136.50 as the wig was in poor condition (It still had the tag on it) and smelled like cigarette smoke or perfume. One I do not smoke nor does anyone else in my house and secondly I am allergic to perfumes and do not wear.

WOW unbelievable. Buyers beware of their return policy and just know that you will receive their interpretation of the description and not what is pictured. If you ask them why the picture does not match description, they will tell you they have no control over the pictures but yet it's their website and they are completely responsible for content. Would not recommend at all.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

Ordered a wig for an event. Ordered it with plenty of time to receive it but to be safe ordered it 2 day UPS. Well it will actually take a full 7 days to receive it, which would have been the same time frame had I ordered it UPS ground. Why offer expedited delivery if you have no intentions of expediting it -- just a scam to take more of your money.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2015

I ordered a hairpiece through Vogue Wigs, but on my statement it says in Vogue Wigs who took my money. I got no confirmation email which is why I looked into. Vogue wig has no record and can't reach in Vogue Wigs who took my 110.00 . Also they put on their page Vogue Wigs website!!! There is fraud going on somewhere. It's scary because you order through Vogue Wigs but in Vogue Wigs took money, no way to contact, don't answer phone.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2015

I placed an order on August 10, 2015. I paid an additional $11.00 for three day shipping thru UPS. On August 18, 2015 I received an email stating that my package had been delivered. However the package was NOT delivered to my address, it has since been located and returned to Vogue. I have been lied to by both UPS and Vogue (at this point I don't know who or what to believe).

Today I spoke with Phillipe and told him that I was very unhappy with their customer service and wanted a full refund. He told me that I would have to wait until they received the package from UPS (UPS has told me that the package was already returned and received by Vogue). Vogue denies receiving the package. I feel that Vogue should be held responsible and make a prompt refund. I have never experienced such a lack of concern and accountability from any other company that I have dealt with online. VOGUE YOU SUCK AT CUSTOMER SERVICE, I WILL NEVER MAKE ANOTHER PURCHASE FROM YOU.

Original review: July 3, 2015

I ordered a small wiglet in Dark Brown. I received a Ginger Red. I was upset but these things happened. I thought I would try it on anyway and then return for the correct color. When I read the return instructions, it said that they charge a 30% restocking fee if the item was even tried on. With S&H charges it wouldn't even be worth it. I'm so mad and this was their fault. I'm going to throw it out. Besides, I have seen better hair on a Barbie doll!!! :(

Original review: July 1, 2015

Last week discovered Vogue has new website. At login, advised change password. Entered email address, new password. Advised email not located, must register. Checkout, refused to accept credit card even though scanned, verified. No luck, had to use PayPal. Paid $30 plus next day shipping. Received week later. Asked for refund of amount between next day shipping, usual shipping. Never again will do business with Vogue. Very rude.

Original review: June 29, 2015

Ordered over $50 worth of product and was charged shipping fees even though ad clearly stated, "NO shipping fees for orders over $50." Received products of which one was totally wrong. Re-read their return policy which has 0%, 15% and finally I discovered after their emails, a 30% return fees. I followed the website instructions and returned the wig in the same packaging EXACTLY as stated in their policy. I had to pay shipping AGAIN on my end to do an even exchange for the correct wig color. (Website did not show color correctly) I asked them to keep my money and send correct color. They chose to send me multiple emails stating each time that it was taking me too many days to reply. Two is not too many in my opinion. They refused to accept my proposal, instead stating that the wig could not be re-sold, I disagree 100% as I did nothing except LOOK AT IT WITH MY EYES to determine it was black and I have silver hair.

As it turns out they have several "policies" on their website and they choose the one to use at their whim. The first policy I read said "no fee for even exchanges in continental US." Eventually when I asked them to just forget it and return the so called, "ruined" wig so I could make sure they didn't just sell it again, I was told that I needed to pay a THIRD shipping fee. This is quite contrary to their website policy. They may have stolen my money, but they have lost my future business and anyone who trusts my judgement on Internet shopping.

Original review: May 19, 2015

Vogue Wigs was offering a really good shipping deal, 2-4 days shipping for free on a $50 dollar purchase. I bought a $150 piece. I had a hair appointment and wanted my piece by Monday. I ordered the wig on Tuesday and paid $39.99 for 1-3 day shipping. Well, the wig took nearly a week to come, so my Monday hair appointment included no wig to be shaped. I e-mailed the company and suggested they refund the $39.99 for failure to deliver the wig in time. I wanted to keep the wig, but 3-4 day shipping was free and I spent $39.99 for it. The lady I corresponded with argued and argued that I did indeed get it in 3 days. What?? She insisted that Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Monday were 3 days. Very rude and disturbing. I am keeping the wig, but I won't shop here again... the customer service people are terrible!!!

Original review: May 12, 2015

The Return Policy at VogueWigs is horrific! This was the first time I ordered from this company and it will be the last. I tried my purchase on twice... NEVER WORN... just a minute or two... once for my husband and once for my hair stylist. Both agreed that it wasn't flattering or the right color. It has been 18 days from receipt... yet it is a 30% restock fee + return at my expense! You have GOT to be kidding me! Their return policy is that you may NOT try it on or pull it out of the packaging and it MUST be returned within 10 days! Unreasonable! I can't believe they get away with this!

Voguewigs expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Voguewigs is a California-based online wig retailer featuring wigs, hairpieces, extensions, costume wigs and accessories. It offers a broad selection for women, men and children in a variety of colors, textures, materials, styles and price points.

• Stylish, modern looks: Voguewigs offers an extensive wig collection with options for every look. It updates its inventory regularly and offers popular styles, colors and cuts according to fashion trends.
    • Broad selection of textures: Many wig stores offer a limited selection of textures, which can be frustrating for customers who want a natural-looking wig. Voguewigs offers a broad selection, including smooth, wavy, curly and kinky hair in a variety of cuts and colors.
    • Extensive costume selections: In addition to fashion and everyday wigs, Voguewigs offers one of the largest selections of costume wigs. Search these fun selections by decade, theme or character to find the right look for any costume, male or female.
    • Free shipping over $50: Orders over $50 ship USPS Priority for free to the continental United States. International orders ship free over $150.
    • Informational resources: Voguewigs website features handy reference guides to help customers understand hair loss patterns. It also explains wig options to help you choose the wig that works best for your needs. It even features a celebrity guide with photo slideshows of popular celebrity hairstyles and wig suggestions to help customers duplicate the look themselves.
    • Best for: women, men and children who want a broad selection of modern styles and options.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs