VogueWigs.com

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased two Jon Renau wigs and one Noriko. The two Jon Renau's were so fake looking and the Noriko was just soso. I have worn extensions for just about 30 years. Both sewn in and glued. My worst looked better than any of these wigs. I have played with wigs and found a cheap Forever Young, looked much better and received compliments instead of laughter followed by "you have a wig on!"

I am blessed to have what it takes to look great with or without. Look much better without these. If you are looking for a wig to go out with on a bad hair and as the years go by they become more frequent try Forever Young and get a collection for the price of one of the above. I would like to mention I purchased the Jon Renau wigs because they were recommended by Opera. For myself, a lady who loves hair, the more the merrier. I will go to a wig store. I recommend you do the same. Sincerely and Happy Holidays!

I recently purchased a Raquel Welch wig. The picture of the wig was very cute, however when I received this wig it looked nothing like the picture. I have tried every which way to style this wig, but it is a piece of crap. I wasted 135.00. The advertising of the way the wig should look is completely false. Buyers beware.

The return policy for Vogue wigs is such a racket. The return policy paper is stuffed in the bottom of the box crumpled up with the other stuffing paper. After calling the company to ask how to return, I finally found the page. Reading: cannot try on wig, cannot remove three large tags, must pay a restocking fee, if exchange, must be for same or greater value!! This exchange policy is such a rip-off. I am 64 yrs old. I do not make a habit of exchanging anything, much less a beautiful wig. The color is much too dark for me, way too much hair. I cut off the tags to view the wig before I read the exchange policy. Tried to exchange for a less expensive wig and was willing to forego the difference, but was told my exchange had to be the same or greater value. What a racket vogue wigs is running!

I ordered my wig because the website said it takes 1-2 business days to ship - it took 4. I ordered it for an event and paid 2 times what the wig is worth for express international shipping. It sat in the post office for 6 days because they got the address wrong, putting a number as a street name - but apparently I made that mistake. The best they can do is refund the cost of the wig $35 and store credit my $70 shipping cost. Store credit with a store I would never do business with again...

I received the hairpiece. Total cost over $85.00. Where do I start? Looked like a very thin, super shiny joke of phony looking hair that was so cheap looking I would not even put it on my dog for fear of embarrassment! You are told you can send it back if it doesn't work for you, but not if you open it. How do you know if you don't try it on? Or you can pay another $20.00 to send it back, if you don't take it out of the package, and incur an restocking fee. Wish I had read the reviews first. Threw it in the trash. Stay away!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VogueWigs.com?

Terrible customer service! Almost 2 weeks for a delivery. You can get it shipped overseas faster and I still don't have my purchase. Never got a tracking number. Just terrible.

When I returned a wig they are downgrading my return due to a "damaged box." I don't understand how I can be held responsible for the post office damaging the box. They reduce your return for so many reasons that it is ridiculous. There are many wig companies with far more lenient return credits so I will not do business with Vogue Wigs in the future. Stay away.

I ordered the Rachel Welch Winner wig. The first order the color was nothing like described. I talked to a rep to order another color. I sent the first wig back at my expense, $14. The new wig came and it was horrible. The front looked like a child had just cut it straight across. There were no razor graduated cuts as shown in picture. The wig was flat without the body shown in the picture.

I took it to a stylist to see if anything could be done to fix it. She cut the tag, then I knew I was doomed. It couldn't be fixed and I could not return it. I wrote a review on the wig, it was never published. They offered that I could send the wig back for a 30% restocking fee plus shipping and the price of another wig. Seriously? All total this $108 wig cost me $180 and it was put in the trash. Read everything carefully with this company. Vogue blamed the manufacturer for this horrible wig, yet they don't back up what they sell. In my opinion they should have a QA monitor at these factories if they are going to sell these products.

I ordered 2 items on a buy one get one half price promo. They emailed me that one was out of stock and I emailed them back the same day asking that they cancel the order as I do not have time to reselect. 3 days later they email me that they shipped only the one item but charged me for both items, the shipping is $12.35 for one $15 item, not a bargain. Now I get to dispute the charges with my credit card since they shipped an item that I asked them not to! Of course it was a No Return item, this company clearly is a waste of time and money. Wish I'd read the reviews prior to purchasing - Buyer Beware!

Tangling and dry hair. When we send back these 10 orders they charged us extreme high prices to fix it. All the same problems and they are holding the products by blackmailing us to pay first. We are fed up with this unreliable company who is just a private person I guess.

Before ordering a wig from Vogue Wigs, I called to determine what their return policy was since I had never ordered from them before. I was told you can return for credit or a refund. I ordered a wig and was surprised to find that it was not the same length as the photo in the catalog and would have to return it. I then discovered there is a 15% restocking fee, which I had never been told about. I called the company and the person I spoke with said she would call me back. She called back in just a few minutes and told me that she heard my recorded conversation with customer service and I WAS told about the 15% restocking fee.

I told her that I knew she had NOT listened to the recording and, if she had, she would be able to confirm that I was not given the entire return policy. She became difficult and I we eventually parted ways. This is a horrible company to deal with. When I return my wig, if I am given any problems by Vogue Wigs, I will issue a report to the Better Business Bureau.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. Per their return policy, a 15% restocking fee was required. When they received it they said it smelled like smoke and perfume. I DO NOT SMOKE, and the wig did not smell like perfume. I tried it on ONCE. It did not fit, (too big) so I sent it back. Now they are docking me 30%. I don't know if there is any recourse to this kind of practice. If there is, please contact me.

DO NOT do business with this company! They will fabricate invalid excuses for the purpose of fraudulently increasing fees for supposed restocking. They accused me of wearing the wig and it smelling like perfume. I NEVER put it on and I don't wear perfume! These people are not worthy of anyone's business.

Vogue Wigs pretends to offer refunds at 15% (for a supposed "restocking fee"). I just sent a wig back that was tried on once with a plastic head protector and which was in my home for about 4 hours before I mailed it back. They are now saying that they will be taking off 30% because there is "an odor". Because of severe asthma in one of my children, there is no smoke, perfume or cleaners with any chemicals or scents. Their claim is a blatant lie and an obvious scam to allow them to keep 30% of my refund. I have tried three times to address this with their Customer Service, but they are ignoring my concerns. There are many, much better and more reputable companies -- I recommend using one.

I ordered a wig for a holiday party. I was under the impression my purchase would arrive within 3 days because that's what I paid for but sadly that wasn't the case. The address the merchandise was sent to wasn't the address I typed up. Although it was a mistake on their end instead of fixing the error, the representative I was communicating with was so short with me and I could sense the attitude from the tone of the emails. Till this day I'm still waiting on my refund. As a service provider my recommendation for this firm maybe they should have send a replacement merchandise since it was their mistake instead of telling me to wait until they receive the previous order. Why I as a consumer is getting the short end like it was my mistake.

Purchased a wig for $195.00 from Vougewigs.com. The picture displayed did not match description. The description said it had chunky highlights and that was an understatement. The wig is mostly blonde (Since my complaint, I see that they have changed the description). Extremely disappointed. When I received the wig it was not even close in color to the picture. I tried it on briefly and quickly removed as I knew it had to be returned. Put it back in box and read the return policy. The only way to get a full refund is to do business with them for an in-store credit otherwise you lose a 15% restocking fee.

Called their customer service who asked if I had even tried it on? I was honest and said yes. I was then told they would be keeping 30% because it had been tried on. Spoke to manager who authorized the 15% and told me I would get back $165.75. They received my order back on 10/19/15 and today I received an email from them today (11/5/15) informing me that after inspecting the wig they were only going to give me $136.50 as the wig was in poor condition (It still had the tag on it) and smelled like cigarette smoke or perfume. One I do not smoke nor does anyone else in my house and secondly I am allergic to perfumes and do not wear.

WOW unbelievable. Buyers beware of their return policy and just know that you will receive their interpretation of the description and not what is pictured. If you ask them why the picture does not match description, they will tell you they have no control over the pictures but yet it's their website and they are completely responsible for content. Would not recommend at all.

Ordered a wig for an event. Ordered it with plenty of time to receive it but to be safe ordered it 2 day UPS. Well it will actually take a full 7 days to receive it, which would have been the same time frame had I ordered it UPS ground. Why offer expedited delivery if you have no intentions of expediting it -- just a scam to take more of your money.

I ordered a hairpiece through Vogue Wigs, but on my statement it says in Vogue Wigs who took my money. I got no confirmation email which is why I looked into. Vogue wig has no record and can't reach in Vogue Wigs who took my 110.00 . Also they put on their page Vogue Wigs website!!! There is fraud going on somewhere. It's scary because you order through Vogue Wigs but in Vogue Wigs took money, no way to contact, don't answer phone.

I placed an order on August 10, 2015. I paid an additional $11.00 for three day shipping thru UPS. On August 18, 2015 I received an email stating that my package had been delivered. However the package was NOT delivered to my address, it has since been located and returned to Vogue. I have been lied to by both UPS and Vogue (at this point I don't know who or what to believe).

Today I spoke with Phillipe and told him that I was very unhappy with their customer service and wanted a full refund. He told me that I would have to wait until they received the package from UPS (UPS has told me that the package was already returned and received by Vogue). Vogue denies receiving the package. I feel that Vogue should be held responsible and make a prompt refund. I have never experienced such a lack of concern and accountability from any other company that I have dealt with online. VOGUE YOU SUCK AT CUSTOMER SERVICE, I WILL NEVER MAKE ANOTHER PURCHASE FROM YOU.

I ordered a small wiglet in Dark Brown. I received a Ginger Red. I was upset but these things happened. I thought I would try it on anyway and then return for the correct color. When I read the return instructions, it said that they charge a 30% restocking fee if the item was even tried on. With S&H charges it wouldn't even be worth it. I'm so mad and this was their fault. I'm going to throw it out. Besides, I have seen better hair on a Barbie doll!!! :(

Last week discovered Vogue has new website. At login, advised change password. Entered email address, new password. Advised email not located, must register. Checkout, refused to accept credit card even though scanned, verified. No luck, had to use PayPal. Paid $30 plus next day shipping. Received week later. Asked for refund of amount between next day shipping, usual shipping. Never again will do business with Vogue. Very rude.

Ordered over $50 worth of product and was charged shipping fees even though ad clearly stated, "NO shipping fees for orders over $50." Received products of which one was totally wrong. Re-read their return policy which has 0%, 15% and finally I discovered after their emails, a 30% return fees. I followed the website instructions and returned the wig in the same packaging EXACTLY as stated in their policy. I had to pay shipping AGAIN on my end to do an even exchange for the correct wig color. (Website did not show color correctly) I asked them to keep my money and send correct color. They chose to send me multiple emails stating each time that it was taking me too many days to reply. Two is not too many in my opinion. They refused to accept my proposal, instead stating that the wig could not be re-sold, I disagree 100% as I did nothing except LOOK AT IT WITH MY EYES to determine it was black and I have silver hair.

As it turns out they have several "policies" on their website and they choose the one to use at their whim. The first policy I read said "no fee for even exchanges in continental US." Eventually when I asked them to just forget it and return the so called, "ruined" wig so I could make sure they didn't just sell it again, I was told that I needed to pay a THIRD shipping fee. This is quite contrary to their website policy. They may have stolen my money, but they have lost my future business and anyone who trusts my judgement on Internet shopping.

Vogue Wigs was offering a really good shipping deal, 2-4 days shipping for free on a $50 dollar purchase. I bought a $150 piece. I had a hair appointment and wanted my piece by Monday. I ordered the wig on Tuesday and paid $39.99 for 1-3 day shipping. Well, the wig took nearly a week to come, so my Monday hair appointment included no wig to be shaped. I e-mailed the company and suggested they refund the $39.99 for failure to deliver the wig in time. I wanted to keep the wig, but 3-4 day shipping was free and I spent $39.99 for it. The lady I corresponded with argued and argued that I did indeed get it in 3 days. What?? She insisted that Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Monday were 3 days. Very rude and disturbing. I am keeping the wig, but I won't shop here again... the customer service people are terrible!!!

The Return Policy at VogueWigs is horrific! This was the first time I ordered from this company and it will be the last. I tried my purchase on twice... NEVER WORN... just a minute or two... once for my husband and once for my hair stylist. Both agreed that it wasn't flattering or the right color. It has been 18 days from receipt... yet it is a 30% restock fee + return at my expense! You have GOT to be kidding me! Their return policy is that you may NOT try it on or pull it out of the packaging and it MUST be returned within 10 days! Unreasonable! I can't believe they get away with this!

I had purchased from them before and was aware of their restocking fee if I didn't like or want the product. But if the product was defective I expected a full refund including shipping as that is what the CSR told me over the phone. The wig I received was supposed to be a GRADUAL BLENDED piece and what I received was hilarious. I thought it was a joke! The top of this blended wig was a summer blond over dark brown/dark auburn bottom. It looked like a bird had made a tow-headed blond nest on top of the wig! It could not be blended at all. I looked like a clown. No. That would be insulting to clowns.

They did accept my wig for a refund but did not refund the shipping as they and previously stated that they would. They said it wasn't defective!!! Seriously? Do not bother buying from these people. It is apparently a scam and unless someone sues I fear that this practice will continue. Buy from a local store! I learned the hard way. Take my advice and leave these people alone.

If you are thinking about ordering from VogueWigs, DON'T. Their wigs are not worth the money and their return policy is atrocious. Buy a wig locally where you can try it on and select the right color for your complexion. Most local wig salons are reputable, VogueWigs is not. They reluctantly accepted my wig back but would not accept the mannequin head so I'm out $45 plus the 30% restocking fee. Jason Wang considers it a wig accessory. Jason Wang doesn't follow the American integrity position when it comes to Customer Service. I wish I had never heard of this website. It cost of $75.

They just sent me a letter stating that they are charging me a restocking fee because the wig smells like perfume. I had it on 5 seconds, it looked cheap. Now they are charging me fee of 30% restocking fee. This place is a rip off. Poor quality.

Consumer Changed Rating

Originally happy with the quick refund for an out-of-stock item that Vogue could not ship. Today I received a follow up email to my inquiry about what colors were actually available in the large size Raquel Welch Voltage wig. The customer service representative gave me just 3 color options for that brand, that style, and that size.

When I went on to the voguewigs.com website to look at what is listed for the exact item, I saw that 28 colors are currently showing as available -- in the Large size. I now suspect that they are allowing customers to order and pay for wigs that they cannot ship in order to try to get those customers to buy something else now that the company has their money. Bait and switch on the internet.

Christine of Aurora, CO on

Original Review

Pro: Immediate refund for out-of-stock wig. Con: Website inventory not accurate, even when they know an item is not available. Ordered my first online wig from VogueWigs.com. Within days, received email stating my color choice was out of stock, and Vogue did not know when it would be available. Was offered choices of same style in alternate color, or different wig altogether. Refund not mentioned.

Went to VogueWigs.com to choose another color and see that my original choice still showing as available. Because I could not be confident that any of the colors shown would actually be in stock, I requested a refund. The NEXT DAY I was issued a refund, not just the promise of one, along with a nice email from Customer Service. Based on this level of customer care, I will consider buying from Vogue again (or, trying to).

I ordered a wig from this company, but when it arrived, I read their return policy before opening the box and was astonished to discover that (1) a wig could not be returned if it was tried on (!) and (2) there was a huge restocking fee. There is, of course, no way to tell how a wig will look unless tried on, so I had no option except to return the wig. I'll never buy from this company again.

My wife ordered a one size fits all wig. The wig didn't fit well so we tried to return it, but it was considered a "costume" wig so all sales are considered final. Customer service was also when trying to explain the situation. In the future, I would purchase locally or from another store with a more generous return policy.

VogueWigs.com Company Profile