Smooth Away

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I must admit I was surprised about the complaints. Except for a couple of ingrown hairs, which I get with every hair removal product except chemical, this product removed hair and left my skin silky. I do wash after and rub on a fine coat of coconut oil. I have fine dark blonde hair and am fair skinned, but with an olive leaning... no freckles.

I have used Smooth Away now for weeks and have been happy with the results. I have even rubbed harder than recommended in hopes of removing more dry skin (which is my problem) and have no ill effects. My legs are very very smooth after using. It even removes the small bumps. I am olive complected and as I understand it, my type of skin is more tough than fair skinned people. People who are fair skinned and very sensitive may want to try small area a few times at first or (as the caution reads) if you have a skin problem, diabetes or open wounds, do not use. The instructions advises to rub lightly.

I have recommended to my granddaughter and I continue to use. It is easy and I use it while watching television. No cuts no mess. Very pleased.

I bought this at Wal-Mart hoping it would work. I used it on my legs and part of my right side of my face. It did not remove all the hair and just like everyone else, it left my skin with rashes and bumps and it’s been that way for over a year now. My skin is horrible. I have tried different things to fix this and nothing works. My skin will never be smooth again. It’s very depressing. This product should be taken off the market and these makers should give everyone their fair share for what they have been put through and the money we have had to spend trying to get rid of this.

Smooth Away hair removal: This product is absolutely horrible. I used it on my upper lip, and it gave me a huge rash with small pimples that will not go away. it's been 3 weeks! This product should be taken off the market. It's the worst purchase I have ever made.

I purchased the Smooth Away at a Salvation Army back in August of 2010. (Today is May 17, 2011.) It was unopened, and everything's still in its perfect place. So I figured, "Eh, pain-free alternative to shaving...Why not try it?" Well, it did a great job smoothing my legs!

The next day, however, I had a small red rash on my leg that has yet to disappear. It has become crusty and dark in color, and it itches severely. With lack of health insurance, I cannot get this treated. Antibacterial cream, lotion, hydrocortisone--nothing over the counter is working. I am glad I did not use this on my face or anywhere else on my body that may be exposed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Smooth Away?

I used Smooth Away like it said and now I have horrible abrasions on my upper lip and it is so painful. This is the 2nd day and I am still in pain. I called Smooth Away and she said hopefully someone would call me back. I can't even go outside. I am afraid this is going to scar. Please take this off the market.

Bought product at Wal-mart, I used it under both arms, hair wasn't removed and nothing happened at first, until about 5 minutes later..burning pain, red and swollen. it's been about two hours now and the pain is almost unbearable. This product is horrible, it should be taken off the market.

I ordered a product. It was totally ineffective and irritated my skin. I am asking for a refund of $23.97 at this time.

Used product under arm and both arms got a bad rash, it has been 3 months and after seeing a doctor and getting medication the irritation is very severe and has covered the entired underarm area. The rash itches and it unslightly to the eye. My under arm area has been disfigured, constantly irritated and itches and has covered the entire surface of my underarm area on both arms.

I tried the small applicator on my upper lip. It removed the hair but left me with redness and irritation. This developed into a patch of red,raised skin that will break out in small pustules. I have treated it with neosporin, hydrocorisone cream and elidel with no improvement.

This product is advertised as a pain-free simple solution to unwanted hair. I used the product as directed on my upper lip and under arms. My skin was burning and swollen after using the product. I returned it to CVS for a refund but there has been permanent discoloration on my upper lip where the skin was irritated. It has been over 6 months. This company should be sued. I am going to a dermatologist to find out if there is any way to get rid of the discolored skin.

I bought the Smooth Away product at a local yard sale. When I got home, I decided to use it on my legs. It made my skin look very ashy looking for a few days. Then, recently I tried the smaller one on my underarms since it is supposed to not irritate them. Well, I was wrong. Just a few seconds after that, my underarms became red and swollen a little and burned intensely. This is a scam and do not buy it.

I ordered this product $14.99 + $6.00 S&H times 2 for two sets from the number on the TV commercial. I spoke to a recorded message. My calculations were $28.97. I was billed $60.39 from my Visa debit card! How can I get my $41.42 back? I am on disability with MS, diabetes and congestive heart failure. I thought this would save me from shaving cost! My MS med is $35.00 a month + other meds I am on. I need that money. The product makes me itch and does not get the hair completely like my razor which I'll be using from now on. I cannot handle the stress of trying to reach a real person to try to settle this myself!

Two days after using the product on my lower legs, I broke out in what appeared to be a red rash. Within another week the rash had spread to my upper legs and feet (I had not used the product in either area. After three weeks, I went to a dermatologist who told me that my hair follicles were infected, but she could not identify the specific infection. She prescribed "EpiCeram Skin Barrier Emulsion" and "Diflorasone Diacetate Ointment". Neither of the products cleared up my "infected hair follicles". In the mean time, the "rash" had continued to spread on both of my entire legs and feet. I have another appointment for tomorrow to see if the dermatologist has any more ideas. If this is not resolved, I will file a law suit against this company.

I do not understand why you people are still allowing this product to be sold in stores. This Sunday's ads have it displayed for sale at four different stores in my area alone. What are you doing about it?

Called to order product, automated system took order. After credit card info given goes on to sell additional product, refused 'NO' and shipped what started to be a $16.99 order, without giving me a total and was $42.99. I returned entire product, which did not work, and agreed to pay $6.99 only requesting $36.00 credit to my debit card. Postal Confirmation shows deliver back to company on 5/14/09 # 9:28 am.

It is now the 22nd and I do not have credit. I would appreciate any help you can give. From what I have since read of online reviews, it is impossible to speak to a person, messages left are ignored, and refunds are hard to get. Usually the phone number is listed on bank statements when debit is made. My statement shows half of the their number and I could not find it anywhere. Thank you

On 12/08/08, my order for Smooth Away was processed. My order of one set came with an additional free set, and I ordered additional replacement pads. The entire package I received weighed 15.3 ounces. I was charged $34.97 for the merchandise and $25.96 for shipping and handling. By the time I'd tried Smooth Away twice, on both my legs and underarms, it was past the 60-day warranty period. It didn't remove any hair.

While the Smooth Away ad stated that $6.99 would be charged for S/H of each set, it didn't reveal that the "shipping and processing charge was $10.98" (as stated by the Idea Village customer service rep, which still leaves $1.00 unexplained) for the replacement pads. All of the replacement pads together weighed 2.4 ounces.

I'm out $60.93 for a product that doesn't work. The whole thing seems like a scam. The shipping/handling/processing is not fully disclosed and is a gross overcharge. Despite ordering the cheapest shipping Idea Village made available, I paid $25.96 for S/H.

I purchased this product and used as directed. My skin was somewhat smooth but the next day I had a red rash and that rash has since turned to a dark scar on my leg. I am lucky I never used it on my face. Because the scar itches and is really ugly.

My legs were my greatest asset and now I wear pants all the time because this scar is so ugly.

I ordered the smooth away by phone for $14.95 plus of course the shipping and handling and noticed that I was over charged and that it had taken $66.97 out of my account, I called them and told them that I was over charged and they told me they would give me $10 to keep it but if I didn't want it I have to pay to send it back to them, so I went to my bank and filed a complaint for this company to give me my money back.

I used exactly as instructions told me to and it's a complete rip off .None of my hair was removed and it ruined my skin and i dont think they should put out products that obviously dont work.

I got rough rashes and my skin broke out it was worse than get waxing done or those hair remover creams like Nair.

used the product on my arms and face an hour later was in severe pain skin blistered,redness for three days applied ointment and pain relievers.

paid $30.00 For the product and they wouldnt refund my money

I ordered the Smoothaway product from the internet for $14.95 plus shipping and handling. On Dec. 10, 2008 my bank account was charged $60.93.

I was obviously overcharged and I want a refund.

My disabled daughter wanted to try Smoothaway advertised on TV and on the Internet for $14.95 plus shipping and handling. When my credit card statement arrived, it showed a charge of $60.93. It is impossible to talk to anyone at the phone numbers given and messages left are not answered.

I told them to cancel the order and credit my credit card account. It has not been done. Insteasd we received a courtesy call stating that the order had been shipped several days later. When it arives it will be immediately returned as NOT ORDERED. The Washington State Attorney General has been furnished with all of the details.

Smooth Away Company Profile