Sheer Cover

Compare Makeup Brands

Research top Makeup Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

It all began when I ordered X Out from Guthy-Renker (The makers of Proactiv). When I was checking out, there was an ad stating that I could order Sheer Cover makeup for the price of $9.95. I ordered this, and cancelled the future shipments soon after. I ordered in the middle of March, and my next future shipment would've been in April. I called to cancel, and they assured me that they had cancelled. Around the end of May I received another shipment, which means the company never officially cancelled. What they did instead was change the week intervals so that I would think that it was cancelled. On the bottom of my first invoice it stated "Your next shipment will be on 4/15/16, at the same low price of $9.95". Why did the invoice that I received in May total state $140.00?! If it was supposed to be the same low price of $9.95, then how could I be charged $140.

I called the company, and they stated that they never had any record of me cancelling. They told me that I could return it, but the refund wouldn't include the shipping and handling cost. I returned all the goods unopened. They refunded my money, but didn't refund the $12.00 that was paid for shipping. I feel as if it is unfair that they took the shipping cost out of my refund, when I didn't want it in the first place. I also had to pay $7 to ship it back to them in the first place. This company is a rip-off, and I will never order anything from them ever again.

I joined several years ago and do love their products, although extremely limited choices. I have been sent the same exact kit 5 times starting from last summer. I have called and canceled several times and even returned the items. The shipments still come and the credit card gets charged. I don't know what to do. I have refused 2 boxes, one got credited the other not. Don't know where to turn next.

I have been a customer for years and have never had a problem until December when they over charged my card by double. It took over 3 weeks to get a hold of someone because "their system was down" only to find out they changed their subcontractor and didn't update the phone number on the website. After being told they would credit my card the next billing statement, I discovered they charged my card 3 times the amount. Even though I have proven by providing them with my credit card statements that the credit was never received and in fact they made the situation worse they insist their system processed the credit. Now no one will return my calls or respond to my emails. I have had to cancel the credit card and am out $100 along with accrued interest.

I too have experience bad customer service. Cancelled order. I had too much. They charged me for product I never received. Was never refunded. Kept getting collection calls and emails. Long story short I love love love the product. So I found unopened Sheer Cover products on eBay decently priced. Service is a 1??? Product is a 5???

Been an avid user of Sheer Cover for nearly ten years but after my last encounter with their customer service, I will NEVER order from them again!!! Had called to order single product, as I always have, and was told they couldn't place my order by phone and that someone would be calling me to confirm my order within 24 hours. Computer issues, I was told. Called them back and was "reassured" by someone with a very thick foreign accent that the order was placed and that I would be receiving my order within two weeks.

After almost two weeks and no charge to my credit card, I called again. This time I asked to speak with a supervisor. Was put on hold for 17 minutes! Then a "supervisor" told me that orders could no longer be placed by phone and that I would have to refer to their website to place my order. He offered no compensation for my inconvenience and refused to help me any further as he could do nothing about it. Customer service is obviously not a priority to this company neither properly training employees. If the goal is to lose business, then keep it up! You are on the right track!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sheer Cover?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I have been using the Sheer Cover products for years and I have no problem with the products, even though they make you buy kits in order to stay on their membership. Ever since the new company took over, the ordering system has gotten worse. There's no way to order, manage your account with kit shipments on your own. You must call in to place an order, change an order, etc.... which I did for awhile because I liked the products. I also didn't get email confirmation as they promised, so it's harder to keep track or dispute if there's an issue with the order.

Recently I placed a single item order, never arrived (I was not charged), but no one can account as to what happened to the order! I finally decided it's too difficult and not worth my time. Their catalog is outdated, and they have discontinued many products that I liked. The website is of no help way to view or let you shop online for the products. I finally cancelled my membership today and hope it went through! I do not fault the customer service reps, for they always try to be helpful. I fault the company's business model or the lack of it.

We placed an order, one week later we received an Email from their couriers (Hermes) stating that the delivery had taken place and a signature had been acquired at 5 pm on Saturday. This is a complete lie as we had a house full of family and no one had knocked at the door, we even checked with neighbours just to be sure. Hermes are not interested in talking to clients and refer any problems back to the original company (Sheer Cover). Sheer Cover customer service at first said that they would look into what had happened, 5 phone calls later as they never get back to us we are still no nearer to getting our order and probably never will. I would warn anyone thinking of dealing with this lousy company to steer well. Clear they are not to be trusted.

It is very easy to get signed in and duped into the product. Offers will start at low price then increase afterwards. To cancel the order, it took a while to get connected to the person on the call center and then an email cancellation appears but not before charges were made again.

Worst make up product I have ever used. I don't have dry skin yet when I apply this I do. The colouring is so unnatural and does not cover at all. False advertising! Really really not happy for the amount I paid and I will most definitely be sending this product back.

I've been using Sheer Cover for a few years now and I love that it lasts all day, even when swimming, but it doesn't have anywhere near the coverage as advertised. I used to be able to order online and see the products and prices and change my kit, but they decided that now you have to call to do anything. Who really wants to call them when you can simply click and be done? Plus, I actually prefer to see what I'm ordering. I've also gotten a few things wrong in my order, but they have always been good about sending out the correct product for free. Overall, I'm not going to stay with them.

I've bought Sheer Cover based on the advert on TV. It showed that can cover skin marks like dark spots. I tried and it doesn't work! What a shame. Don't buy it!

I received my sheer cover order recently and it was totally incorrect. I called customer service and the young lady informed me that they no longer carried the product I usually received. I said, "well, they're in your current catalogue!" No real explanation given. Not even close to what I usually have ordered. I then asked to order some concealer, single shade and she said "we don't offer them in single shade anymore." Yep, single shades are right there in the catalogue that I just received. Then I asked about the translucent finishing powder (right there in catalogue) and once again she stated that they no longer carry that either. I asked if the company was going out of business and she stated no, but offered absolutely no explanation for why they were no longer carrying their basic products!

I like these products a lot. I also use Color Science and Bare Minerals which are good, but I prefer Sheer Cover because they last a long time, require little product to achieve coverage and look very natural. It would be great if I could buy the product in stores so that I can obtain single items instead of the regular kit. Buying this way is very expensive and I end up with way too much of some things and not enough of others. I have considered cancelling several times since signing up a couple of years ago. I actually called a couple of months ago and was confused by how to cancel without losing money. I found that the person on the phone was more interested in trying to keep me from cancelling than in answering my questions.

I have been a long time member and today I try to change a product that I receive on my kit to the newer product and was told that the Mascara I'm receive in my kit cannot be changed, that I would need to purchase the newer one as an added product. Seem to me that is how they get you to buy more products. What a sham.

I have been using Sheer Cover for several years and each time I swap to another brand I always end up returning. I just love the quickness of applying and their no nonsense straightforward makeup and it really does work. I can honestly say I have never had any problems with their customer service. I have always found them to be very helpful even when cancelling.

Sadly I had to cancel my VIP membership recently due to finishing work and couldn't afford the monthly cost of Sheer Cover. And I just returned my 2nd kit to the address on the invoice but clearly saying "Sheer Cover" with a little note giving my reasons for cancelling (I never rang them before returning as you are asked to do as I wasn't bothered about being refunded my money) as I had used the products and didn't particularly want refunding as I had enjoyed using them. But within 2 weeks I got an instant refund from them straight into my bank account. So from my experience I cannot fault the company nor their products. I only wish they wasn't so expensive and that they would bring back some of their other products which have totally disappeared which is such a shame cos I just loved the lip to lid highlighter. :-( But otherwise I give Sheer Cover a thumbs up and say give them a try cos everyone's experience is different!

I started Sheer Cover years ago under the original owners and had all of those return mail, sending orders not ordered because they were automatic, tried to cancel orders, got them anyway, my charge card was having issues with the continued payments. I don't use much make up and ended up with a stock that I probably could have sold. I was talked in to staying on numerous times and did. Finally got to the breaking point and cancelled. I still have 5 of the cover powder, and items that I will never use. I went to a more local market approach and have not found anything as good as Sheer Cover. Anyone out there found something close? I was on the verge of signing up again, and then read the continuing horror stories that I experienced under the original owners, so of course I am not going to enroll again. However as age creeps in I really do need something that offers coverage on those gosh darn age spots and sun exposure.

I placed an order with Sheer Cover. They have an automatic re-order unless you cancel, which I did. I received a package, it was charged to my checking account, put me into overdraft and now have product I didn't order but paid for and $70 in overdraft fees. Like the product, don't like the company and won't do business with them again.

I have been a customer of Sheer Cover for many years and was totally happy with the product and the customer service UNTIL they outsourced their call center to the Philippines (or another country). Now, these people make you wait for 10 minutes before they answer, then they have no idea about the product or what you are looking for. And, they are hard to understand. I am extremely unhappy with this company now. Can anyone tell me how I can speak to someone truly who works for the company who knows their products?

I ordered some sheer cover concealer and foundation over two months ago and as yet have received nothing. I am not impressed. I have been unable to contact anyone to find out what's going on. Never again.

I have used Sheer Cover products for many years and love their product. The company was sold some months ago and since that time the level of customer service is the worst possible. I have cancelled my membership twice and have gone back three times now. But cancelled again today and will NEVER go back. I simply wanted to change one item in the kit. Nope. Can't get that accomplished, even after talking to a supervisor. The website advertising states that the kits are customizable and easy to change out product - that is an intentional lie to suck you in. Too bad - great product, poor management, poor customer service. I am done!

Poor customer service. Sent the wrong order several times over several orders and then would not refund for 4 months and several phone calls. Product quality has recently gotten worse.

My mother used Sheer Cover when I was younger, and it always worked well for the both of us, so I was excited to order the product on my own. The makeup works great. I noticed when I ordered that they would automatically send me another shipment in thirty days. I called to cancel but they said I couldn't because my name wasn't on file yet and had to wait. I waited too long to call and cancel, never got an email explaining I had gotten another shipment, and found out it was already ordered for me, and now I have to pay to return it myself. Will not get a refund for the cost of original shipment, and dealt with horrible customer service. I loved this product but unfortunately will never order again.

This company is a scam! Every time I have called to cancel my subscription, they have talked me into staying by promising the moon (which they have never followed through on). They just lie to keep you from cancelling. The time I called they promised they could reduce my order to only 2 foundations every 4 months. They then shipped 3 foundations and charged me for all 3. Because I did not open the package immediately, they would only refund 20%. I once again asked them to cancel any future orders and finally had to raise my voice to get them to do so. Mind you, I was not in a contract so it should not have been that difficult. Not to mention, the brushes are cheap and shed all over my face. I could go on and on with my negative experiences with this company. Don't get sucked in!

Best concealer ever. Best foundation - better than a liquid!

I called to cancel a future order.... It got sent anyway. Reluctantly, I paid for the product so I wouldn't have to pay to ship it back - when I called to complain about them shipping it anyway they offered me a credit for the original shipping plus a 20% discount on the product.... 8 months and several phone calls later, I'm still receiving invoices and threats about collections. This company is a horrible, awful company to deal with. It's a shame, because I really do love their products. They are so crooked! Really??? Collections??? All this was after they charged my card without my consent.. I'm frustrated and disgusted. Never ever buy from Sheer Cover - unless you don't care about your credit. In which case, knock yourself out!

I absolutely love the sheer cover concealer and mineral powder foundation. It's only been about 2 months and have noticed a wonderful change in my skin, others have too. My new kit will be coming in April which is every 4 months. I'm very happy I tried it but I agree with many other reviews that their customer service is horrible. They made a mistake in my order. It should of been easy to straighten out but it was very difficult. I asked for a catalog so I could order more makeup, brushes, lip gloss, etc. to add to my kit but every makeup item I wanted they put me on hold and then told me they were all out, I can't order any single item and it has to be a certain order #.

So I didn't end up getting anything but still will receive the trio concealer and powder foundation every 4 months. On the back of the catalog they show you a picture and tell you that you can add, mix and change your kit anytime but that's not true. I love makeup and enjoy looking at a catalog and trying different things but they make it so difficult. I will give their face makeup a 10. It's really helped me but not customer service.

Yes I saw the infomercials (featuring Leeza Gibbons) hyping this line as a 'makeover miracle'. What a load of garbage. The concealer did not indeed "erase" any of my fine lines or under eye lines as promised. And frankly, felt way too greasy and thick, compared to retail concealer. My old $4 retail concealer did far better. And the foundation mix irritated my skin, making me itch, although it claimed 'hypo-allergenic' on the label. And the so-called 'professional-brand' makeup brushes that accompanied the kit, were mere plastic and began cracking, and losing hairs. Professional brushes don't do that.

I tried the first 'sample' kit of this product. When the 2nd one arrived a month later, I called to cancel since I did not feel it was a good product for me. I requested that I not receive any further product. The person did not advise me to return the 2nd shipment. I received no further product but was billed four additional times. Since I was not told I could return the 2nd shipment for full credit, I ended up paying the 3 additional monthly charges for what they said was a 90 day supply. The jars are barely any larger than the first 'sample' kit. Then the company continued to withdraw from my credit card for a 4th monthly payment. It took working with my credit card company to get the 4th payment reimbursed to my credit card. Very poor customer service and lacking in open and full disclosure when you communicate directly. Will never order from this company again.

Disgusting cheap make up. They have pretended they didn't receive my return and will not refund me. Now I have no make up and no refund. $60 is a lot of money to me! I didn't want a subscription and they also can't prove I asked for it. Terrible company and shouldn't be allowed!

I'm just very disappointed with the company. They have a great mineral foundation, which I have used for 5 years, but to get it you have to jump through hoops (I get it on Amazon and eBay now). In 2015, the young generation doesn't want to call and speak with someone to order a product; we want to go online and buy it. I don't know whether they updated their website by now, but few month ago, you couldn't even see the catalog and the prices, forget about ordering online. They actually had that option years ago. And that member subscription thing is just ridiculous.

I cancelled my account with them, so I cannot even log-in to my online account to reactivate it or browse through products. They are missing out on so many customers due to their bad business model and anger so many others due to the forced, sneaky subscription. Why don't you people make the the product available to everyone? Give lower price to members and charge higher price to non-members. I would pay a higher price just to avoid the hustle. The product worth the price, but surely not the hustle! It's not the '80s and the product is not for senior citizens, so it's time to adjust.

Sheer Cover Company Profile