3.4/5 (1080 ratings)

About Sephora

Sephora Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sephora?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sephora?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I received a day ago bday gift and I came next day to exchange for other one because I noticed I had already full size of those products already and I asked for exchange (never open), manager was very rude (Joanna).

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Sephora had a data breach and failed to notify me. Meanwhile I had people from all over the US charging orders to my account and I found out through the “Thank you for your order email”. I did not order anything and will never be ordering or shopping in their stores again. Their customer service is awful as much as the company. If you have an account with them cancel it. Otherwise they will keep giving your information out and allowing others to use your account.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Sephora is such a great company. My orders always arrive within a few days and the products they carry are some of the best in the beauty industry. I love the Oleplex brand and the Patrick Ta products they carry. If you don’t like a product you can always return with no hassle.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I have been purchasing from Sephora for years, have had 2 shipping issues. Here's what happens....Chat, extremely nice people there to offer help...feel, felt, found kind of thing.... Then within 2 minutes, I have a new order coming to a new address, (to prevent shipping issues with that particular shipper) AND this new order was a credit from the last one that didn't make it. I didn't pick up the phone, ALL THROUGH CHAT, EXTREMELY EFFICIENT, EXTREMELY NICE PEOPLE. I realize not ALL shipping issues have a happy ending but SEPHORA HAS DONE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to make this customer a customer for life...I believe this is the ONLY place to shop for anyone's skincare and makeup needs.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Like many retailers Sephora has a rewards program. I had 2000 points and they just disappeared. No explanation, just gone. When I called customer service I was told that their terms and conditions had changed in December, 2020 and they were very sorry but my points were gone. That may or may not be legal but it certainly is terrible customer service. Clearly this company is confident enough in its customer base that it can treat customers badly, but that can catch up with them. There is little that Sephora sells that cannot be purchased elsewhere and I plan to shop at other retailers going forward.

Original review: June 7, 2021

I am a Rouge member for a few years and most of the time, I would say that I had positive experiences when I had to contact Sephora CS. However, it is not the first time that I have experienced not receiving 2 complimentary samplers. Being a Rouge member, it provides free fast shipping for any purchase you made and two samplers as usual. I was very disappointed when it used to be given out 3 samplers and it downgraded to 2 samplers only. I live in Vancouver, BC and for some reason, when the packages are coming from Surrey, BC warehouse location, I will never receive 2 complimentary samplers AT ALL.

I called several times and all Sephora CS can do just provide me some 25 points per sampler. I specifically mentioned I do not receive samplers only from this location and they should look into this matter as it is not the first time. I always do the open box experience video when it comes from this location. I feel the company does not really care as it may be easier to give out points. I also feel being a Rouge member, we should be able to receive more samplers as we spent a lot each year to support their business. I think Sephora should update its reward system as I can see other companies have provided better reward systems to loyal customers.

Original review: May 15, 2021

I recently tried to make a purchase on their website and I am extremely disappointed with my experience. After taking the time to pick out $300 worth of product and inputting my card information, when it came time to process my payment the website completely crashed on me! What's worst is I sat there waiting for it to load the order confirmation page for 5 minutes (which it never did) and they charged my account for the purchase, my balance reflects that a transaction was actually made.

I decided that maybe it went through and this page was the issue but after opening another browser to see if my order was placed I had no order history in my Sephora account and neither did I receive any emails. And here's the fun part, after speaking to customer service I was told that they issued a "reverse " which placed a 5-7 business days hold to on that purchase amount. A nice way of saying "they actually charged my account and issued a refund". So now I have no product, a hold on my money, my cart is not even saved so I need to start all over again, my freebies and gifts for my points are not going to be the same and they are still sending me emails about abandoned items in my cart that are not even there! I don't even trust trying this transaction again in case they process it incorrectly AGAIN. Get it together Sephora!

Original review: May 14, 2021

Sephora is such a disappointing company. They have shown zero support or empathy for their clients throughout the pandemic. While other large chains have offered extensions in their policies during the lockdown, this company does not offer any extensions to time sensitive policies.

Original review: April 3, 2021

I ordered home delivery for my beauty items because of the pandemic. The tracking information showing delivered, but I didn’t receive the package, so I contacted online chat and called Sephora agents for assistance to locate my shipment. They told me will investigate for 48 hours if not found then will provide me the replacement or refund. After couple hours I got an email saying they decided not to issue any replacement or refund for my order since it is an uncommon issue! I spent over $1000 on this order and now got nothing! They didn’t even mention what is the result of the investigation! I doubt if they ever investigate at all! What should I do next? I know my neighbor reported for stolen package before, I don’t know if the package is stolen or to a wrong address. I will never go back to Sephora!!!!

Original review: April 1, 2021

I'm a VIB Rouge spending thousands of dollars in Sephora every year. In March 2021 I placed two orders worth about 400USD. They delivered products worth 250 USD but won't refund or replace. Pure theft.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

If I could give a zero, I would. I’ve had some poor experiences before with employees being judgmental, caddy or give attitude and I really never complained. Only once. Now that Sephora has shown their true colors and what they stand for or lack support of (conservative women)... I am VERY disappointed. That was a very poor decision discriminating against a conservative Christian (Amanda) just because her views don’t align with yours. She is not invoking violence, nor is what she posted a reason to be treated the way you have treated her. It is unacceptable to lie your way through this one just because you’re afraid of catering to all AMERICANS.

Since when do you get punished in America at your workplace for having views that differ from them??? FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND OPINION is what AMERICA was founded on. I have been a VIB since 2010 and I will not be shopping here anymore. I have spent $1000’s and I regret it. I have also let all my friends know what has happened to bring awareness and they too will no longer be shopping at Sephora. I hope that your conservative employees boycott you as well!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

This company are cheating their customers. They have send me the box without set, but with samples only inside. Even though I provided them video of unpacking, they didn’t agree to refund or replace the item. They are just cheating the people. Never use their services again.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I've shopped here for years in store and online. I made a large purchase during the Black Friday sale but my package never showed up after 2-3 weeks. I contacted Sephora who advised that my package was lost in the mail and they therefore cancelled my order and refunded me, due to the fact that the items were out of stock. Not ALL of the items were out of stock. Two items were still in stock. They also told me they could not give me a rain check for out of stock items. THEY WERE IN STOCK WHEN I PURCHASED THEM. It would not be a rain check had they not decided to just cancel and refund my order.

Here's my bigger issue: I lost out on over $90 in savings and if I wanted any of the items, I would now have to pay full price for the items still in stock, as well as the other items once they were restocked. Sephora was not sympathetic. Multiple emails saying there wasn't anything they could do and how they valued me as a customer. Well, I'm not a customer of Sephora's anymore. They could have a) sent me the in-stock items; b) gave me a rain check/store credit on the items that were not in stock; c) not advertise discontinued or low stock items for Black Friday or just have more stock to anticipate demand; d) train their customer service reps to think critically and dedicate themselves to long time customers instead of finding whatever solution that will make their job easiest for themselves because really, they could care less. Complaints are a dime a dozen. BYE Sephora.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

Buyer Beware!! Worst customer service experience ever. One of the items ordered was not in the box when it arrived. The rep insinuated that because the weight of the package when it left the facility was the same as what was listed on the tracking number that I was not being honest. After weighting the box on my bathroom scale to prove that the weight for the package was accurate but the item was not in the box I was finally issued a credit to my Sephora account. I asked to have the amount credited to my credit card instead since I do not intend to shop at Sephora in the future due to the poor customer service. The rep agreed; however, when I followed up with them they refused. Now I have a large balance with Sephora that won't be used. Terrible, awful experience!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Sephora blocked my account without warning after I placed several orders during the current VIB sale. I've been Rouge for years. Spent $3k since Jan 2020 alone. They simply cancelled my orders without so much as an email letting me know there was an issue. I was waiting for them to be delivered and nothing. Went into my account and only then did I discover the issue so I had to call customer support. Pathetic customer service. The supervisor told me that I am still permitted to shop in store. Permitted? I am permitted to give you 3k of my money in store? Thanks for that permission but no thanks. Also, FYI, there's a pandemic going on so telling people they are permitted to shop in store is tone deaf and horrible business practice. Seems like Sephora is really cracking down - except they are cracking down on losing customers that keep them afloat. You're not the only store in town Sephora - our needs can and WILL be met elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I've been shopping at Sephora for years, I am a "Rouge" member, meaning I spend a lot. Today I contacted them about an order where I received the wrong item. It was nothing huge, literally a $14 purchase, but it was wrong nonetheless. First they told me to just go to a store and exchange it, but I pointed out that they do not even carry 'The Ordinary" line in store. Not to mention there's a pandemic going on right now and I do not wish to go to the mall...

I was told that they could not send me a replacement item because they have "accommodated me in the past" for replacing an order. I imagine what they are referring to is when last year they sent me SOMEONE ELSES order. It didn't even have my name on it. But somehow that is MY fault? They are the ones who have messed up the orders and they wont correct their own mistake because they have messed up and send me an incorrect order in the past? SO confusing, I've never heard of worse business practices and the rude people I've encountered through their chat and phone service is insane.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I'm switching to Ulta. I've been a faithful Sephora consumer and am a Rouge member (meaning, I spend a lot there). After a couple of frustrations, today pushed me over the edge. I ordered an expensive perfume as a birthday gift for my niece. After not hearing from her, I tracked and saw it never made it! It took me calling Sephora and telling THEM to call 6the courier (they use OnTrac...I've never heard of them). The courier said they couldn't find the home...a very populous area outside of Portland, OR. Nothing remote. Not hard to find.

She's lived there for year and years. I've sent who knows how many things over the years with no issue. Sephora wouldn't do anything about it. NICE. Not. I had to cancel then find it elsewhere and ship it myself. I won't be giving them my business anymore. I've spent so much money there and they wouldn't even help when this clearly needed their intervention. Awful. Ulta is outperforming them and now I know why.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I had an item missing from my Sephora order. Reported to Sephora with 21 emails back and forth and they refuse to refund or replace. Be very careful when ordering. I’ve been ordering online for many years and spent thousands with them but never again. Their customer service is shocking and there’s definitely something dodgy happening at their warehouse. The person I spoke to was adamant that all my items were packaged and delivered to me when clearly they weren’t. So basically told me to get lost and nothing will be done to fix the issue. Very convenient for them since the serum cost $205!!

I kept telling them to compare the weight of all the items I ordered against the package weight throughout the emails but kept getting ignored until the last emails I just received saying that they ‘checked the weight of the parcel vs the number of items inside’ (That doesn’t prove everything in my order was packed it just shows that whatever items are inside equal the package weight). So apparently to Sephora they delivered everything yet I’m missing an item. Who am I going to believe I wonder...what I’ve actually seen with my own eyes or their employee.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

During the early stages of this pandemic, I ordered a Dyson Hair Straighter. Unfortunately, I received the item not as described online. (I.e. a completely different color). The customer service representative that assisted with the return process informed me, the consumer would receive whatever color Sephora has available. In my opinion, this is misleading. Nor is this disclosed online. I decided to the return item via a return mailer provided. Fast forward to present, I received makeup today that I decided to return this evening. Intern I was treated unprofessionally and was embarrassed.

I had been informed that a annual restriction was placed on my account, due to a system error that occurred with my Dyson hair product returned. Although, a supervisor confirmed this item was received and returned back to their warehouse. The hold could not be removed until a year. This matter was not communicated to me until I spoke with a Supervisor at Sephora, to inform them of the poor customer service I received. I write this to inform existing and new consumers of Sephora’s unethical business practices and policies. I deeply my express my extreme displeasure of this unacceptable customer service experience.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Drunk Elephant cleanser. These are one of the best cleansers I’ve ever used! My skin feels clean, visibly clarified, and NOT dry after using these - other than that I don’t know of any other benefits but it’s just a cleanser after all.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I cancelled my order because after three weeks they still had not bothered to even put my order in a box and attempt to send it. I emailed in and told them to CANCEL immediately. My reply was 'are you sure' and I replied again CANCEL. They then RUSH SHIPPED me the product via Canada Post Express (which they do NOT use) in order to charge my card and make me wait for the refund. They sent the shipping label as regular Canada Post... And did not expedite. They received my product back on June 8th, and it's June 22nd - still no refund. They have lost my business for taking advantage of customers during Covid knowing full well that they will be able to keep people's money for an additional month after a return is received. Awful treatment of customers and a very short-sighted business decision, because women know there are other ways to order their favourite products online.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I placed Sephora order totaling $250 & never received it. I called sephora and they asked me to contact their delivery company and delivery Company confirmed they delivered to the wrong address. I called Sephora and they completely denied to refund or reship the package. I have all the proofs that they miss deliver the package. Please don't buy anything online from sephora, I had very bad experience.

Original review: June 6, 2020

I placed two Sephora orders totaling $300 & never received them. I called Lasership & they confirmed they delivered to the wrong address. I called Sephora & the rep told me maybe my neighbor took the package and they were unable to reship the orders or provide a refund.

Original review: May 21, 2020

After placing my order on May 12th I still haven’t received it. As a VIB Member and a 2-day shipping member I expect more respect to its regular customers. I understand it’s covid but it doesn’t mean that sephora cannot give a ** on its customers. I have received a package from abroad already in 4 days so I don’t believe that it’s because of covid. Also they don’t reply on my multiple emails from May 18th. Call customer service doesn’t work. Sephora Credit card doesn’t work too. What’s going on??

Original review: May 15, 2020

I made a purchase on April the 29th 2020. Granted I don't order a lot too often but I read all the warnings of the Covid 19 more time to ship notices. Well I checked my account status for 15 days (yes 15) and during this time my item dropped in price by 6.00 (not a lot but it's the principal). During my daily check in is when my invoice changed reflecting the New Lower price. I thought goody. I might be waiting forever but at least it will be less. (Or so I thought.)

When I finally got the email saying it shipped on day 15. It was back at regular price. So I called and spoke to a customer service agent names Nicholas. (A kinda cocky little feller.) He let me know that Sephora doesn't honor price drops unless you are in a 7 day window. It doesn't matter that my package had never left their warehouse. He assured me I should have called. I said, "Sir, you all changed my invoice. You shouldn't have done that if you were not gonna honor the price drop." That is just bad business & you all should be better people. I plan on taking my little item to the Brick & Mortar store for a refund when it arrives.

Original review: April 30, 2020

Service is very hit or miss, mostly miss. I am ignored most of the time and have to seriously chase people down for help, even if stores are not busy. I've noticed this across all stores I've been to--downtown Seattle, Pine St, Bellevue Square, Dallas Galleria, North Park Dallas, Tampa Westfield, Shops at Willow Bend (Plano) etc. Very few beauty advisors are helpful in finding my foundation shades, picking the right skincare, making eyeshadow palette choices. I noticed this whether or not I am wearing full-faced makeup. Employees can be a little snobby, but at least not as bad as MAC. They have nice selection of products but I prefer Nordstrom and Ulta for service.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I have a store credit gift card that I am not able to use because the stores are closed due to the pandemic so I called customer service to see if I could use it online and her response was that it doesn't expire. This is extremely frustrating considering I cannot go to the store and use it and I need a product and I cannot use the $60 I ashtray have in store credit. Very dissapointed.

Original review: April 19, 2020

I purchased a gift card and sent it to my daughter in law. However it got lost in the mail and unfortunately it was not tracked. This happened 5 months ago. Even though I have my receipt and the card has not been redeemed Sephora will not issue a new card. I have called the store, customer service and online customer service with no luck. Any other company will issue a new card and invalidate the old one. Not Sephora. It is just free money for them. They have lost me as a customer and anyone else that I share this story with. Beware. This company sucks.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I placed an order online for 2 items, the following day i was unwell and asked to go on precautionary sick leave considering the COVID 19 times we are living in.

I called early the next day ( delivery day) to change the location of my delivery address. All was confirmed and the agent assured me that I would receive a call back to reconfirm. I received a missed call only to call back immediately. Upon that call the agent reconfirmed the address and assured me my delivery would be made today. Nothing arrived.

The next day I waited patiently until the afternoon, only to be told that the contents of my delivery was sent to my work address. I explained all of the above, asking why they had not communicate the change in delivery. The agent online assured me that they will call me back with a solution. No call back! I called back that evening. Only to have spoken to the same person who promised to call me back and I received the coldest, automated and unhelpful response I have ever experienced.

He kept repeated that this was under investigation and someone will get back to me. When I asked what sort of investigation was being conducted, as this is a simple case of miscommunication between 2 departments he then shared that he has already reached out to their courier and had no reply. I then asked to speak to a supervisor considering that he was not able to give me clear information, He refused, saying "Someone will call me back". A short while after arguing with this agent, mentioning that this was very unprofessional and unhelpful considering I have already paid for my purchase he then told me - nothing can be done because it has already been delivered, even if its to the wrong address - it cannot be retrieved and brought to me.

I eventually got called back by the Supervisor Aman, who consistently said the same thing, that management will not allow for the courier to redeliver and that there was nothing they can do. I asked then to please have an acknowledgment email with all of our correspondence sent to me so that I can take this up with their "management". He assured I would receive this mail before the end of the shift which ends at 10pm. Nothing was received.

I have been buying the same product from Sephora for more than 5 years and this experience was to me shocking. The fact that at a time like this , a mistake is made from their teams and I - the paying customer has to leave quarantine and risk the safety of those in my office to collect a purchase - or I go without my paid for product and risk a break out in my skin ( product is 2 x triple cleansing water solutions). This is very disheartening and I appalled by the negligence, lack of empathy and lack of the Sephora team taking ownership over their mistake amongst the call centers communication.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I made a purchase online of an expensive dry bar hair dryer (it was awful... my hair got stuck and it burned me, but that is besides the point). It had no inner packaging or return label so I popped into a Sephora near me... The return was quick, I was a day past my 30 so the lady said they were gonna issue store credit. Cool I thought.... as I always buy stuff online. This was the first time I ever got store credit instead of a refund and it came to my surprise that I could not use the store credit for online purchases?! the kicker is... this was not explained to me... This is the only retail store I have EVER heard of that does not allow you to use store credit online. I usually only shop online because work keeps me busy but I do spend....

Since I made the return two weeks ago...and now the stores aren't opened. I made a complaint by phone. I got "well you can use it in a few months...." Almost $200 in purgatory. What a stupid way to handle the customer experience. We live in an a technologically advanced world with people who have accessibility issues... and now that the stores are closed for an undetermined amount of time... all the more reason to change the archaic method of fund allocation for returns/exchanges. The lack of transparency by the cashier who "refunded" me is absolutely WRONG. SEPHORA you need to update this policy. It is ridiculous.

Sephora Company Information