2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.56/5

Sephora Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sephora?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sephora?

Original review: July 4, 2020

Drunk Elephant cleanser. These are one of the best cleansers I’ve ever used! My skin feels clean, visibly clarified, and NOT dry after using these - other than that I don’t know of any other benefits but it’s just a cleanser after all.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

With Alta and Sephora I know I'm getting a good price on makeup and perfume. They have a list of things I like and would like to try. I also like the fact they won't rip you of your money. It's clean makeup never used and with my samples they're also covered clean. Easy to shop online and fast delivery and give you a receipt. They even tell you when your package is coming.

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I have nearly all reviews and all but a few are unhappy customers. Bad customer service and various other problems. All encouraging customers to stay away from Sephora. I am taking the time to say no I am happy with Sephora... I shop online mostly. I get Play beauty bag once a month. I get items for myself, granddaughter, and daughters. Some in store but most online. I am a Senior and tried always to take care of my appearance. Anyway I have never thus far had a problem with Sephora. I have got my 2 free items whenever I buy samples. Also a free item of my choosing on my birthday. Try to buy something (a mini item to sample) every month and get my 2 free samples.

Never been unhappy or displeased with them. Yes they cost $$... but I shop often in there even if just looking for smaller items to try. Online..mostly. I do trust them much and so far have not been disappointed. As to who and what the Sephora Company does or does not support...I do not get involved in that. I expect many companies I shop at are involved in something I don't approve. I shop there because I am happy with them...and do most of my shopping online.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I cancelled my order because after three weeks they still had not bothered to even put my order in a box and attempt to send it. I emailed in and told them to CANCEL immediately. My reply was 'are you sure' and I replied again CANCEL. They then RUSH SHIPPED me the product via Canada Post Express (which they do NOT use) in order to charge my card and make me wait for the refund. They sent the shipping label as regular Canada Post... And did not expedite. They received my product back on June 8th, and it's June 22nd - still no refund. They have lost my business for taking advantage of customers during Covid knowing full well that they will be able to keep people's money for an additional month after a return is received. Awful treatment of customers and a very short-sighted business decision, because women know there are other ways to order their favourite products online.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I placed Sephora order totaling $250 & never received it. I called sephora and they asked me to contact their delivery company and delivery Company confirmed they delivered to the wrong address. I called Sephora and they completely denied to refund or reship the package. I have all the proofs that they miss deliver the package. Please don't buy anything online from sephora, I had very bad experience.

Original review: June 6, 2020

I placed two Sephora orders totaling $300 & never received them. I called Lasership & they confirmed they delivered to the wrong address. I called Sephora & the rep told me maybe my neighbor took the package and they were unable to reship the orders or provide a refund.

Original review: May 21, 2020

After placing my order on May 12th I still haven’t received it. As a VIB Member and a 2-day shipping member I expect more respect to its regular customers. I understand it’s covid but it doesn’t mean that sephora cannot give a ** on its customers. I have received a package from abroad already in 4 days so I don’t believe that it’s because of covid. Also they don’t reply on my multiple emails from May 18th. Call customer service doesn’t work. Sephora Credit card doesn’t work too. What’s going on??

Original review: May 15, 2020

I made a purchase on April the 29th 2020. Granted I don't order a lot too often but I read all the warnings of the Covid 19 more time to ship notices. Well I checked my account status for 15 days (yes 15) and during this time my item dropped in price by 6.00 (not a lot but it's the principal). During my daily check in is when my invoice changed reflecting the New Lower price. I thought goody. I might be waiting forever but at least it will be less. (Or so I thought.)

When I finally got the email saying it shipped on day 15. It was back at regular price. So I called and spoke to a customer service agent names Nicholas. (A kinda cocky little feller.) He let me know that Sephora doesn't honor price drops unless you are in a 7 day window. It doesn't matter that my package had never left their warehouse. He assured me I should have called. I said, "Sir, you all changed my invoice. You shouldn't have done that if you were not gonna honor the price drop." That is just bad business & you all should be better people. I plan on taking my little item to the Brick & Mortar store for a refund when it arrives.

Original review: April 30, 2020

Service is very hit or miss, mostly miss. I am ignored most of the time and have to seriously chase people down for help, even if stores are not busy. I've noticed this across all stores I've been to--downtown Seattle, Pine St, Bellevue Square, Dallas Galleria, North Park Dallas, Tampa Westfield, Shops at Willow Bend (Plano) etc. Very few beauty advisors are helpful in finding my foundation shades, picking the right skincare, making eyeshadow palette choices. I noticed this whether or not I am wearing full-faced makeup. Employees can be a little snobby, but at least not as bad as MAC. They have nice selection of products but I prefer Nordstrom and Ulta for service.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I have a store credit gift card that I am not able to use because the stores are closed due to the pandemic so I called customer service to see if I could use it online and her response was that it doesn't expire. This is extremely frustrating considering I cannot go to the store and use it and I need a product and I cannot use the $60 I ashtray have in store credit. Very dissapointed.

Sephora author review by ConsumerAffairs

Sephora was founded in France in 1970 and now operates over 1,900 stores in 29 countries. They have partnered with the department store JCPenney and have over 485 Sephora stores inside of JCPenney locations in the United States. The company offers only prestige makeup brands, including their own Sephora line.

• Science of Sephora: Sephora is dedicated to having the most knowledgeable team of consultants in all their stores, which is why they created the Science of Sephora program. Every Sephora consultant goes through rigorous training so they can identify different skin types and understand skin physiology to help customers find the best products for their skin. The program also teaches consultants background on makeup history, best techniques for application and the science of developing fragrances.

• Skincare IQ: Use Sephora’s online tool to find products that match your needs based on your skin concern, product type and/or brand. You can also meet with an in-store consultant to figure out your Skin IQ.

• In-store consultations and makeovers: Schedule a 45-minute full makeover at your local Sephora location. The makeover is complimentary with a minimum $50 purchase. If you have more time, and have more questions about your skincare routine, schedule a customized 90-minute full makeup, skincare and fragrance makeover. This is free with a minimum $125 purchase.

• In store beauty classes: Sephora regularly offers free beauty classes in their stores to help you learn everything from the basics of contouring to how to apply your own false eyelashes. See the complete list of classes on Sephora’s website or check with your local store.

• Prestige products: Sephora sells only prestige products, so consumers who are concerned with the ingredients in their makeup can shop at Sephora knowing they are only getting high-quality cosmetics.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team