3.4/5 (1080 ratings)

About Sephora

Sephora Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sephora?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sephora?

Original review: April 21, 2022

My daughter and I visited Sephora in the Crossiron Mall on April 19th looking for a retinol eye cream. The person that helped us answered our questions patiently and recommended a product she felt would work for my 55 year old skin. She was so knowledgeable. My daughter purchased 3 products from the line and both of us left feeling she truly cared about her customers. We both agreed it was the best customer service we had experienced in a very long time. Thank you!

Original review: April 18, 2022

Kaitlin was the lady that checked Me out today and she was so helpful with everything, she is an amazing worker and knows so much about the products! She was patient with me while she was helping me update my card information! Thank you Kaitlin! ~Clara

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Walked in at 2:00. Finished at 2:10, the woman who had done them was very kind so was the rest of the employees. Their products work wonderful and I feel 100 times better using these products than walmart. Prices are a little much but definitely worth it!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Sephora is such a great company. My orders always arrive within a few days and the products they carry are some of the best in the beauty industry. I love the Oleplex brand and the Patrick Ta products they carry. If you don’t like a product you can always return with no hassle.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I have been purchasing from Sephora for years, have had 2 shipping issues. Here's what happens....Chat, extremely nice people there to offer help...feel, felt, found kind of thing.... Then within 2 minutes, I have a new order coming to a new address, (to prevent shipping issues with that particular shipper) AND this new order was a credit from the last one that didn't make it. I didn't pick up the phone, ALL THROUGH CHAT, EXTREMELY EFFICIENT, EXTREMELY NICE PEOPLE. I realize not ALL shipping issues have a happy ending but SEPHORA HAS DONE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to make this customer a customer for life...I believe this is the ONLY place to shop for anyone's skincare and makeup needs.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I purchased Nars $40 matte foundation and a $30 concealer but realized later on they were too dry for my skin. So I decided to return them to the store to get a refund. The refund was made on April 15th. It’s now April 23rd. They have yet to communicate a specific day the refund will occur because each associate switches the policy. First they said 2-5 business days then it was 10 days then 30 but honestly none of these are accurate because I paid in person 30 days is for online purchases. I’ve spoken to several different people and the answers are always identical. They tell me it’s not their problem to call my bank or to continue to wait at this point. I don’t know what to do. I’m disappointed. I’ve been shopping here for years and I’ve never had such a bad experience in my life.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

An absolutely horrible company with poor business ethics. Sent the wrong item to me (its value is only half of the price I paid for). Kept delaying the pickup of the item and sending different agents to deal with the case (Aaron, Jannela, Kristine and Thyela). The agents would try to deliver 'empty promises' such as 'we are going to consult the internal team'. Don't be fooled because it is only a strategy to appease the customer and nothing will be done. So, every conversation with their customer service team is just a waste of time, with no practical solution to the problem. They would also promise a reply within 24-48 hours. They did reply but again, there would be no solution and they would ask for another 24-48 hours again. Till now, the matter has not been resolved. The wrong item is still with me and Sephora still owes me money. A fun fact - One of the agents could not even get my email right. That is the worst joke of the day.

In the first email dated 5 February, Sephora promised that the collection will occur within 3 - 5 business days. Today is the 16th of February, there hasn't been any update on the date and time of the pickup. The customer service team also has a tendency to keep asking for 24-48 hours for them to deliver the promise. It's only a strategy to keep delaying.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I received a day ago bday gift and I came next day to exchange for other one because I noticed I had already full size of those products already and I asked for exchange (never open), manager was very rude (Joanna).

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Sephora had a data breach and failed to notify me. Meanwhile I had people from all over the US charging orders to my account and I found out through the “Thank you for your order email”. I did not order anything and will never be ordering or shopping in their stores again. Their customer service is awful as much as the company. If you have an account with them cancel it. Otherwise they will keep giving your information out and allowing others to use your account.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Like many retailers Sephora has a rewards program. I had 2000 points and they just disappeared. No explanation, just gone. When I called customer service I was told that their terms and conditions had changed in December, 2020 and they were very sorry but my points were gone. That may or may not be legal but it certainly is terrible customer service. Clearly this company is confident enough in its customer base that it can treat customers badly, but that can catch up with them. There is little that Sephora sells that cannot be purchased elsewhere and I plan to shop at other retailers going forward.

Sephora author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Sephora was founded in France in 1970 and now operates over 1,900 stores in 29 countries. They have partnered with the department store JCPenney and have over 485 Sephora stores inside of JCPenney locations in the United States. The company offers only prestige makeup brands, including their own Sephora line.

• Science of Sephora: Sephora is dedicated to having the most knowledgeable team of consultants in all their stores, which is why they created the Science of Sephora program. Every Sephora consultant goes through rigorous training so they can identify different skin types and understand skin physiology to help customers find the best products for their skin. The program also teaches consultants background on makeup history, best techniques for application and the science of developing fragrances.

• Skincare IQ: Use Sephora’s online tool to find products that match your needs based on your skin concern, product type and/or brand. You can also meet with an in-store consultant to figure out your Skin IQ.

• In-store consultations and makeovers: Schedule a 45-minute full makeover at your local Sephora location. The makeover is complimentary with a minimum $50 purchase. If you have more time, and have more questions about your skincare routine, schedule a customized 90-minute full makeup, skincare and fragrance makeover. This is free with a minimum $125 purchase.

• In store beauty classes: Sephora regularly offers free beauty classes in their stores to help you learn everything from the basics of contouring to how to apply your own false eyelashes. See the complete list of classes on Sephora’s website or check with your local store.

• Prestige products: Sephora sells only prestige products, so consumers who are concerned with the ingredients in their makeup can shop at Sephora knowing they are only getting high-quality cosmetics.

Sephora Company Information