Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.06/5

Sally Beauty Supply Reviews

Original review: May 1, 2020

I ordered a few hair dye bottles/packets several weeks ago and have yet to receive it. Several days after I originally ordered (and was charged $80) I received an email that there would be a delay because of “high volume”.. but it’s been weeks and I still haven’t heard anything. I understand times are strange now but that’s no excuse for poor company management and lack of communication with your clients. I’ll wait a few more days but if my items don’t arrive I’ll be contacting my bank and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I suggest you do the same if they took your money but aren’t giving you your items.

Original review: May 1, 2020

Received a gift from a friend, she lives in Chicago and I live in Washington. It was a ASP nail kit that cost so it's 75.00 dollars. Upon opening the box, everything was there, except for the cord for the mini Led Lamp. Because it was a gift, I did not have a receipt. I emailed the Company immediately, and they refuse to do anything. What good is a kit, if it isn't complete.. I also emailed the manufacturer ASP, but they have not responded.

Original review: April 30, 2020

After ordering multiple items from them I am yet to receive all of them. I tried emailing them but, they say my email doesn't exist. Which is bs. Tried calling them but was on hold for 1 hr 22 minutes.

Original review: April 26, 2020

During Covid-19 crisis we are limited in many ways. A huge one is limited access to items because of business closures. Limited further because curbside pickup doesn't allow customer to shop inside to determine needs or availability of product. Sally Beauty is taking advantage of customers during the covid-19 crisis by requiring a minimum purchase of $15.00 along with requiring a credit or debit card to make the purchase. Neither of these requirements were on the website where I found their address and phone number. Nor was it stated when they answered the phone. It was after a lengthy conversation to determine the color I needed that the employee stated there was a minimum order.

I had previously purchased less than that minimum during this crisis, closures and curbside pickup. Now their system won't allow it. When I came up with unnecessary items to meet this requirement I was told some items were out of stock. My order still wouldn't meet the minimum. What? If an order is placed and items are not available generally that would be considered a backorder and available items would be shipped. No way at Sally Beauty. I was left without my necessary products because basically they refused to sell them to me.

This was the third time I had tried to purchase this one tube of hair color. Imagine my frustration! I need it badly and possibly will try again to purchase in stock unnecessary items to meet the ridiculous requirements and be taken advantage of by Sally Beauty. By now this is a known 'choice' of my own. Never the less Sally Beauty has figured a way to get around the wrongdoing of price gouging with this minimum requirement to purchase in stock items. What a disappointment in these times of need to be subject to this kind of treatment when what we need is understanding and kindness.

Original review: April 22, 2020

I placed on online order and a couple of days later I got an email that it was delayed. A week later I emailed asking for an update but got no answer. 3 emails later with no response, I start calling. Regardless of which option I hit, the line immediately disconnects. I checked my bank and they did charge me. I am at a loss. They have my money and I have nothing. My order totaled $96.00...how is this even legal?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sally Beauty Supply?

Original review: April 18, 2020

If I could give 0 stars, I would. This whole shopping experience has been ridiculous. I ordered on March 24 and received an email on March 28 that my order had shipped, but UPS was waiting on the package and never received it. Fast forward over 3 weeks later and still nothing. I put in an email inquiry and received no response, but when I go to track my order, it says undeliverable. This was updated after I put in the email inquiry, but I received no email or phone call to state that there was a problem. The best part is they still charged my card. So I have no products but still had to pay. This is unacceptable. I cannot get a hold of anyone to talk to remedy the situation. I will NEVER be shopping here again. The lack of communication and ethics is just astounding.

Original review: April 14, 2020

Wish I could give zero stars. I emailed them twice, called multiple times and still got ignored. First few times I called, it said there was a system error. The next time I called I was on hold for half an hour and had to hang up. Then I finally called and stayed on hold for 50 minutes and a person named Alicia answered and asked my name which I gave to her. She then says "Caller, I'm unable to hear you and will have to disconnect." I'm yelling "Hello?!" And I can hear myself in the phone so I know it wasn't an issue. The woman then says the exact same thing in the exact same tone and I realize that it's a recording right before it hangs up on me. I got swindled!! Never again will I buy from them. What a hoax.

Original review: April 14, 2020

The last 2 times I’ve ordered from here I was charged for an extra item, & since this corona I’m unable to get a refund! Idk what’s wrong with the cart but I check mine before purchasing and I’m being charged for more than I bought. Although I’m receiving the other product it’s not fair to me a loyal customer to be charged for more & this last time my card was charged on a second day for the extra product! I had already purchased and checked out then the next day my card was charged again! The 1st time I order a 1 container of bleach, 2 toners, & developer & I got 2 containers of bleach and charged for it! This time I ordered 2 toners, & 1 developer & I received 2 developers and charged for it! If I wanted 2 of these items I’d add them. Idk what is going on but it needs fixed! Also messenger has been turned off so I’m unable to respond back to the last message from Sally’s! This is very unprofessional.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I went in one day and bought three sets of tape in extensions each about $78 with my discount + some other stuff. I went home and had someone put in my extensions. Everything was fine except I needed another set. I went back and bought another set. When I came home and tried to put them on NONE of them would stick, the glue was defective. I called the store and also customer service online and they wouldn’t have it because they are final sale. So I blew up 78$ for nothing. You can tell that those extensions are ** up with because the blue tape looks like it coming off of the untouched one. Ridiculous, never shopping here again!!! No wonder they have so many 1 star reviews because they do not know how to conduct customer service. I wasn’t even trying to return them because I need my hair done but offer free new glue or offer a discount. No nothing, for something that actually is their fault, not mine!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Went to store looking to buy something to lighten hair and something to remove the brassiness. The first day the staff member was very nice. Convinced me to try something new – Chi Shine something iridescent blonde. After stand test at home it turned my hair even more brassy. Returned the next day about 30 minutes before store closing. Well that was my first mistake. The staff member was not happy, was annoyed by my presence let alone asking for assistance. It was like pulling teeth just to get her to answer a question. Heaven forbid she stop what she was doing. So rude!

I explained how I had been having a hard time removing the brassiness from my hair. She told me something completely different than the staff member from the day before. Told me just to bleach again, it will be fine. But I explained that over the last year nothing I do seems to work. Even toners aren't working. She rudely said to try Violet bleach, that is all I would need and it would for sure work. So I trusted her, and guess what. It's worse than ever. There is no way I can put anything else on my hair. I have put too much product on it the last two days. Now I have bright neon orange hair!

Sally Beauty Supply Company Information