2. Shopping
  3. Personal Care Products

3.3/5 (68 ratings)

About Sally Beauty Supply

Sally Beauty Supply Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sally Beauty Supply?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sally Beauty Supply?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Purchased four items online. Was charged for all four. Got an email later that afternoon saying one item was not available (should have said online that the item was out of stock before I placed my order). That would have been nice. After receiving the email saying I would not be charged for that item that was unavailable, I looked on my online banking and saw that I was charged. Called the Sally's customer service number. She said that amount was just pending and a new amount would be applied. I thought the problem was solved. NOPE! Woke up the next morning and checked my online banking. Saw a new charge for that item that was unavailable. Tried to call the customer service number but they are only available Monday through Friday.

Received my other three items today in the mail. One of my items was crushed by my conditioner and shampoo bottles. The outside of the box was not damaged. This was caused by poor packaging. Wrote a letter to corporate stating that I threw away my Sally's card. So...I was charged for four items, was told the problem was fixed, was charged a separate time for the unavailable item and then received a damaged item... WOW! UNBELIEVABLE! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Used my rewards, placed my online order, many items were no longer available, that were promised to be delivered and my rewards applied, then sent an email no longer available and the items that were I could not apply my rewards on???? I am so fed up with Sally’s acting like they’re giving you something and then taking it back. It’s either damaged, short changed, or certain specials do not apply or you don’t receive them. Thank you but no thank you! Also store prices in one line prices may differ - the manager of the store told me she will match online prices!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

The worst shipping I have ever seen in my 50 years of living. They have no business being a online store. 3 times I have tried and 3 times has not been a charm. Once took my order and even said it was shipped and it never came. When I called they said, "We don't even have it shipped because we were low on those products." For weeks your order will say processing after they have took the money out of your bank. Once it was so long I forgot I had even ordered it.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I’m a long time in-store shopper & I spend enough money in their stores that I would expect someone or anyone to at least try to help me when I had problems with the errors in one of my 1st online orders. After my favorite barrel style hair brushes were discontinued in-store I went to their online site. I ordered 30 of one style & 15 of the other. The order was confirmed & a hold put on my credit card.

A few days later I received an email stating that the 30 was reduced to 9 brushes & the 15 was reduced to 0 brushes. Seriously? I went from 45 brushes to 9 brushes on a confirmed order? Then Sally’s opts to ship 9 hair brushes in 3 separate boxes all delivered on different days. (FYI - all 9 brushes could have fit in the 1st box.) The first box is OK & has 3 brushes as expected. The second box has only 1 brush even though the packing slip says 3?? So 2 are missing. The third box shows up a few days later & has 3 brushes but they are not the brush that I ordered. In fact they are so different that they are NOT USEABLE.

I ordered round ceramic boar bristle brushes with blue plastic grip handle & I received a flat wooden brush that looks & feels like it’s a bbq grill cleaning brush!

I’ve tried going in store to make it right. No help there cause they no longer sell my brush in store. They did try to call customer service but we never got through and I got fed up and left. I don’t have hours & hours of time to waste on chasing their mistakes. I have a job & a family & my time is precious. Would it be acceptable if I were shopping in store & made the cashier wait 40 min for me to pay them? I’ve tried calling customer service myself on several different phone numbers and they all say it’s approx a 10 minute wait but I usually give up after 40 minutes. I’ve tried putting my phone number in the queue and they’ll call me back but they never do.

I’m canceling my Sally’s credit card that I just opened up a month ago and I’m disgusted with how pathetic their customer service is for an online order process that they screw up. They took my money & didn’t send me what was ordered. I’m calling my credit card company today to put a stop on their payment. AND my next order looks like it’s turning out to be the same but the details on that have not fully unfolded yet. So far on that one look like my items went from 10 down to just 1 & they’ve charged my card & used up my Sally rewards and are sending only a 99cent! WTF. I’m so done with Sally’s on-line orders. If I could’ve rated Sally's at zero stars I would have... Steer clear of Sally’s online orders! You will live to regret it!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Soon after placing an order, my PayPal account was charged. Usually with online orders the merchants, processes and ships the item/s before charging your card. Not only Sally Beauty charged my paypal account immediately, I received an email 3 days later informing me that the order is delayed with unknown status as to when the new promised delivery date will be. When I went on site to email customer service, I noticed that the status was "in process", meaning it had not even been shipped. So I requested to cancel my order. The response comes next day saying they will not cancel the order!

The following day I received notice that they had trouble charging my credit card!! When in fact I paid with pay pal not CC. They are a bunch of liars. I'll never order from them again and as a matter of fact I'll never be their customer. I ordered online, because last time I went to an actual Sally's store, which is an hour away, the items (hair color) I bought were used! Half the color was gone with satin on the tip of the tubes and yet put back on the shelf! Since both the store and online have service problems as described, I don't recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

They have the absolute worst online customer service. I can't come in store due to living with someone who's high risk for COVID-19 so I tried twice to inquire about products but each time was met with a zero information, copy pasted unhelpful answer. They have a product recommendation subcategory for their customer support form BUT they give no help and no product recommendations, almost as if they don't want to help people actually make purchases...which is bizarre. What is customer service coming to these days? There are so many companies going this route, basically offering no customer service...and it's a mistake. I have zero confidence in your company now. You aren't willing to even recommend me your own products for sale to assist me in making a purchase! That is ABSURD.

Beyond that, all customer service replies are sent via a "no reply" email so you can't respond to their unhelpful answer and be like, "Hey, you didn't actually give an answer...could I please receive an answer?" And you can't rate the help you received. You're left unheard and with no recourse. Look, I never leave reviews on these kinds of sites but I'm so fed up with this unhelpful "service" that I'm here to speak out. HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS. Ignoring customers is not a good business practice. Yes, it takes more effort and money to provide decent customer service...but you will get more repeat customers and more new customers rather than bleeding customers.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

First let me start by saying that I am a long-time customer of Sally Beauty with a professional rewards account. I spend tons of money at their stores. This past weekend I bought hair extensions Sassy brand. That is the brand that Sally manufactures. It claims to be hundred percent human on the package. I wear wigs and extensions almost every day of my life for the last 20 years so I am familiar with hair. First I must say that the Swatch was not a match at all to what was in the package. The package turned out to have pinkish colored hair on one side and yellow blond on the other. I did not see that until I got home.

I went back to the store where the two girls that were working at the store on Alma School and Warner in Chandler Arizona told me that the hair is human so should color fine. I knew the hair felt kind of funny. It felt a little wiry not still be like human hair would be. But I bought color anyway. When I put the color in a strand test on two different types of colors one came out a bluish silver I used to 9A that it also forces. On the other strand I use an age beautiful yellow and that came out purple. Water got a burnt look and a bird temperature almost as if you would burn your own human hair with a lighter or a match that the hair looks like.

I went back to the store and was told there's nothing that they could do but they gave me the customer service number. Customer service was closed on the weekend so I went down to one of their other locations in Tempe. One of the ladies that actually work at the store told me purchased a pack of sassy extensions last month. She also tried to color and was unsuccessful but she tried to wash as well and her hair also developed a burnt look making it unusable. It is not human hair as they claim. Even if this is a blend the hair should not take on a burnt look touching water.

I called customer service. I was told two different times by two different employees that there is nothing that they can do. The hair is final sale. That answer will not work for me so I plan to take this further. It's not so much the money as it is the principle. To sell a customer something that is not as advertised at all and then to tell them once they try to use it they can't return it they've got to be out of their mind. How do you know what's in the package until you take it out of the package? My belief is that there that's what they're hiding behind but this product is garbage and I will be taking them to small claims court on principle. Do not buy sassy hair extensions. You will regret it.

Original review: July 29, 2020

I placed an order online on 4/11 totaling $40.I received 3 of 5 items. I immediately e-mail, call, e-mail, call, e-mail, e-mail, finally visit store as soon as they opened again. They can't help. Not their responsibility. I did finally get an e-mail with a consolation prize of $5 to use for a future purchase. Are they kidding! What about the $32.00 they owe me for missing items? How do they get away with this time after time? I would be ashamed to say I worked there!

Original review: July 9, 2020

I placed an order for 65 dollars and got delivered an incorrect order of 17 dollars. I have been unable to get anyone from customer service to get a correction. Have been on hold for 30 min and unable to get a hold of anyone. This is probably a scam website/business and I am sorry to have lost my money without any recourse.

Original review: July 2, 2020

Out of Stock?? So after going into the store and having that store call a few others to see if they had the product I was looking for in stock I gave up and ordered it. Placed my order yesterday then today I get a email that it was cancelled. "This item could not be shipped with the rest of your order." Why let me order something that you can't provide and why is this item showing it's available for purchase. First and last time I order from Sallys.

Sally Beauty Supply Company Information