2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

4.0/5 (361 ratings)

About Revlon

Revlon Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Revlon?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Revlon?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Revlon’s eye shadow spreads so evenly and lasts for 24 hrs! Their eyeliner is the same with the smooth even stroke that can’t even let me not make a straight smooth line. Their lipstick is easy to apply and lasts longer than other lipsticks besides there being a beautiful selection of colors!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Revlon color stay lasts over 18 hours. One application per day. Best money saving lipstick. Hope to God it will stay in business forever. If you haven’t try and give it a try. You will never go back to any other lipstick.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Have used and loved Colorsilk #41 for 25 years. New formula with KERATIN makes my fine hair LIMP, FLAT, STRINGY, WILL NOT HOLD A CURL. Used it twice. I'm looking for the old formula. Will not ever use the keratin formula again.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

Fantastic Hair Dryer and Volumizer. My daughter bought this and wanted me to try it since I have naturally curly hair! So I gave it a shot. It only took 20 minutes to go from wet and curly to dry and straight! As I am getting older I have a hard time holding a brush in one hand and a dryer in the other. Now I can use 2 hands and the heat is directly on the hair! I did use a heat protectant and then had to run a straightener through it for about 5 minutes because it’s so curly. However, my daughter used it that night and it was so shiny and straight, it looked like she walked out of a salon! Highly recommended!!! I would like to attach photos, but I don’t see the option. :(

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I normally don't write reviews but I felt compelled to this time because it's really important and concerns the safely of those who use Revlon's ColorSilk hair dye. Long story short I've been using ColorSilk for well over a decade now but recently they changed their formula, it's now called 'Revlon ColorSilk hairdye with keratin'. The last two times I used this new formula I've had a really bad allergic reaction. The first time I thought that it was just a fluke and that I got a bad batch but after using it for the second time and having the same results no doubt in my mind that their "new" formula is to blame.

Both of my ears swell up, my scalp swells up, the back of my neck swells up (so bad that I can't even hold my head up without it hurting). I get a mix of dry skin, blisters with pus like fluid in them, it itches like crazy (and for some reason it makes my skin weaker so after 2 scratches I'll have dried fluid like scabs) and it HURTS so much so that I can't even sleep, itches and hurts. Basically anywhere the hair dye touched it's affected. My scalp, my neck, the back of my neck, on some parts of my chest, my ears and it even makes my whole body really itchy. The first time it happened it took almost a month for me to completely heal so I only pray it heals quicker this time.

And just for reference I've never been allergic to anything, no one in my family is even allergic to anything. I'm healthy, never had any problems so like I said before there's no doubt in my mind that there's something seriously wrong with their new formula (and the sad part is their older formula is nowhere to be found so can't even go back to using that, before I got this stuff for the second time I tried to avoid the new with keratin bs but no luck so ended up getting it thinking things would be okay this time but nope). Yes it's a lot cheaper than other brands but it's not worth the pain I'm having to go through right now, I rather spend more money to get something that's safe and unfortunately that's exactly what I'm going to do. So my advice: Stay far far away from their new hair dye or at the very least be prepared and pick up some ** too while you're at the store cause you're gonna need it if you end up having a reaction like me. ):

Original review: July 27, 2019

So usually I use Covergirl but I found this youth FX and wanted to try. It has a button at the end similar to pen. Pressed it nothing came out so decided to take apart and see why... ABSOLUTELY nothing.

Original review: May 10, 2019

This Revlon (China) hair dryer looks and works well for a limited time. After a little over a year the rotary switch quit and the unit only works on high or the “Burning skin” cycle. I’ve attempted to contact Revlon about it but the program is so poorly written that it won’t even accept my information. e.g. input Canada and try to find Ontario. It seems their programmers are as bad as their quality control. For the future I’d stay away from this company and their hair products.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have been using Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner since I was in high school school (now 30.) I recently developed an allergy to both the liquid and the pencil. It causes my eyelids to swell instantly, burn and now after repeated exposure I blister! It is absolutely awful and a tad heartbreaking because it's truly the best as far as smooth application and staying power. I guess I should also add that it distorted my vision for the next several days after use. (Used it one a week in spite of my allergy, like an idiot.) I now use one hundred percent pure fruit pigmented products and have zero issues.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I buy this product and it was exp: 2017. I had to go to the hospital. It began with a rash then it got redness, cracked scalp, bumps and it itches a lot. The doctor has gave me 3 medications to drink and a special shampoo???

Original review: March 27, 2019

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! Buyer beware. I have used black Revlon hair dye in the past and never had any issues. I always use the dye as instructed, and color patch prior to use. This time 48 hours later, a trip to urgent care, and an emergency room visit from my scalp feeling like it was on fire. My face swelled like a light bulb and after steroids and the highest dose of ** I am still unrecognizable. I WILL NEVER USE anything from this company again. If I could attach the pictures from the last 48 hours I would. If I could save anyone this trauma it would be worth the post. Also I had to give one star to post clearly not even worth half a star.

Revlon Company Information