3.5/5 (1111 ratings)

About Revlon

Revlon Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Revlon?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Revlon?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I've been using Revlon cosmetics for many years. I love them. The quality and price are good. I've tried many brands before but was not satisfied. Revlon is the best for me. I recommend it to anyone who's looking for quality products at great prices.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

When I began searching through different beauty and cosmetic brands, I was told to try Revlon. I went to my local store to buy Revlon products and it was a perfect match. I didn't have to travel somewhere special for some major expensive brand and it's a great price and quality. I tried numerous brands and nothing made more more happy and confident than Revlon. I'd highly recommend the liquid eyeliner for best results. It works like a charm and it's easy to get off if you make a mistake. Once it dries it can stay on for two days!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

I enjoy using the products but can be a little pricey. The product can be worth the cost, love the colors of the eyeshadow. The lipstick can leave a little to be desired because some of the matte finishes can make my lips dry.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Revlon can be a little pricey but has a lot of variety and has great products. It is also easy to locate in many stores and is a trusted name. I have never had an issue with any of their cosmetics and my makeup always meets my satisfaction.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I have always liked Revlon products. Sometimes I think the creams and lotions are more than I want to spend. I especially like the new concealer. It works well without caking or flaking. The full cover foundation is another favorite. I have dry skin but this goes on smooth.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I have been using Revlon products for most of my teen to mature age most of my life off and on some 40 years. I love the variety and all the products are excellent. I have never been disappointed in any of Revlon's products. The lipsticks are great colors and creamy. Thanks Revlon.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Revlon has been my favorite as I can still find my lipstick colors since 80's shades are great. Love the Matte also, the brow pencils are the best and don't get me started on the nail polish, beautiful colors.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I absolutely love Revlon products. I have been using Revlon products for over 30 years oh, and I'm sure we'll continue using for another 30 years. I abused everything from their Foundation which lasts all day to their moisturizing lipstick and amazing mascara! I highly recommend Revlon products as they never disappoint!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I absolutely love Revlon Moon Drops. As well as other Revlon products, I have used this particular lipstick for years. I have 4 adult daughters & they still say that Moondrops lipstick smells like ‘Mommy’ to them.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I'm never disappointed with anything I buy by Revlon. I particularly like the bb creams and shadow pallets. Being a woman of a certain age I feel as though they understand that and still carry many classic colors and styles.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Everything about Revlon is Great, the testing, the coverage, the Age-related products. I've been using it for about 35 years. They have everything for all ages. I have 28 grandchildren and the ones Old enough can use it too. If it wasn't so expensive I'd use more items from them.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Revlon’s eye shadow spreads so evenly and lasts for 24 hrs! Their eyeliner is the same with the smooth even stroke that can’t even let me not make a straight smooth line. Their lipstick is easy to apply and lasts longer than other lipsticks besides there being a beautiful selection of colors!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Revlon color stay lasts over 18 hours. One application per day. Best money saving lipstick. Hope to God it will stay in business forever. If you haven’t try and give it a try. You will never go back to any other lipstick.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Have used and loved Colorsilk #41 for 25 years. New formula with KERATIN makes my fine hair LIMP, FLAT, STRINGY, WILL NOT HOLD A CURL. Used it twice. I'm looking for the old formula. Will not ever use the keratin formula again.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

Fantastic Hair Dryer and Volumizer. My daughter bought this and wanted me to try it since I have naturally curly hair! So I gave it a shot. It only took 20 minutes to go from wet and curly to dry and straight! As I am getting older I have a hard time holding a brush in one hand and a dryer in the other. Now I can use 2 hands and the heat is directly on the hair! I did use a heat protectant and then had to run a straightener through it for about 5 minutes because it’s so curly. However, my daughter used it that night and it was so shiny and straight, it looked like she walked out of a salon! Highly recommended!!! I would like to attach photos, but I don’t see the option. :(

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I normally don't write reviews but I felt compelled to this time because it's really important and concerns the safely of those who use Revlon's ColorSilk hair dye. Long story short I've been using ColorSilk for well over a decade now but recently they changed their formula, it's now called 'Revlon ColorSilk hairdye with keratin'. The last two times I used this new formula I've had a really bad allergic reaction. The first time I thought that it was just a fluke and that I got a bad batch but after using it for the second time and having the same results no doubt in my mind that their "new" formula is to blame.

Both of my ears swell up, my scalp swells up, the back of my neck swells up (so bad that I can't even hold my head up without it hurting). I get a mix of dry skin, blisters with pus like fluid in them, it itches like crazy (and for some reason it makes my skin weaker so after 2 scratches I'll have dried fluid like scabs) and it HURTS so much so that I can't even sleep, itches and hurts. Basically anywhere the hair dye touched it's affected. My scalp, my neck, the back of my neck, on some parts of my chest, my ears and it even makes my whole body really itchy. The first time it happened it took almost a month for me to completely heal so I only pray it heals quicker this time.

And just for reference I've never been allergic to anything, no one in my family is even allergic to anything. I'm healthy, never had any problems so like I said before there's no doubt in my mind that there's something seriously wrong with their new formula (and the sad part is their older formula is nowhere to be found so can't even go back to using that, before I got this stuff for the second time I tried to avoid the new with keratin bs but no luck so ended up getting it thinking things would be okay this time but nope). Yes it's a lot cheaper than other brands but it's not worth the pain I'm having to go through right now, I rather spend more money to get something that's safe and unfortunately that's exactly what I'm going to do. So my advice: Stay far far away from their new hair dye or at the very least be prepared and pick up some ** too while you're at the store cause you're gonna need it if you end up having a reaction like me. ):

Original review: July 27, 2019

So usually I use Covergirl but I found this youth FX and wanted to try. It has a button at the end similar to pen. Pressed it nothing came out so decided to take apart and see why... ABSOLUTELY nothing.

Original review: May 10, 2019

This Revlon (China) hair dryer looks and works well for a limited time. After a little over a year the rotary switch quit and the unit only works on high or the “Burning skin” cycle. I’ve attempted to contact Revlon about it but the program is so poorly written that it won’t even accept my information. e.g. input Canada and try to find Ontario. It seems their programmers are as bad as their quality control. For the future I’d stay away from this company and their hair products.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have been using Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner since I was in high school school (now 30.) I recently developed an allergy to both the liquid and the pencil. It causes my eyelids to swell instantly, burn and now after repeated exposure I blister! It is absolutely awful and a tad heartbreaking because it's truly the best as far as smooth application and staying power. I guess I should also add that it distorted my vision for the next several days after use. (Used it one a week in spite of my allergy, like an idiot.) I now use one hundred percent pure fruit pigmented products and have zero issues.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I buy this product and it was exp: 2017. I had to go to the hospital. It began with a rash then it got redness, cracked scalp, bumps and it itches a lot. The doctor has gave me 3 medications to drink and a special shampoo???

Original review: March 27, 2019

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! Buyer beware. I have used black Revlon hair dye in the past and never had any issues. I always use the dye as instructed, and color patch prior to use. This time 48 hours later, a trip to urgent care, and an emergency room visit from my scalp feeling like it was on fire. My face swelled like a light bulb and after steroids and the highest dose of ** I am still unrecognizable. I WILL NEVER USE anything from this company again. If I could attach the pictures from the last 48 hours I would. If I could save anyone this trauma it would be worth the post. Also I had to give one star to post clearly not even worth half a star.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Revlon Hair Dryer RV544PKF - As I was drying my hair, sparks started shooting out of the base of the hair dryer where the cord meets the unit. My arm was blackened and I received an electrical burn. I have a picture of my arm immediately following the event.

Original review: March 18, 2019

On two separate occasions, with two different curling irons, (same model # however) my curling iron suddenly shot huge sparks. I was holding it in my hand at the time, maybe 2 inches from my head. It left black powder burns on my hand. I have seen multiple complaints involving Revlon curling irons and hair dryers, for at least 3 different model #'s. Why has this problem not been resolved? Why haven't there been any recalls? Will it take someone being electrocuted for Revlon to take action??

Original review: March 16, 2019

I purchased Mega Multiplier Mascara about 10 days ago, at my local Walgreen's. I just opened the package a couple of days ago and applied some mascara, but noticed after about an hour that my eyes were stinging/ watering... I had to remove the mascara before the stinging sensation would stop! Was it a 'bad batch'?? Has anyone else experienced this? Anyway, I use all kinds of different cosmetics without any issues, but something about that mascara caused a lot of eye irritation for me. Just thought I should let you know.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I've been using the colorstay liquid liner for several years with no issues... until recently. I'm not allergic to anything really - I don't even get poison ivy - and I don't have overly sensitive skin. Recently I bought the photo ready foundation because the store was out of my normal brand, and within a week developed contact dermatitis on my eyelid. I don't know if it's the foundation or liner or the combination of both, but I'll never use either of them again.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I bought Revlon hair color and did everything I was supposed to do. Mind you this is the second time this has happened. Burns all over my neck, scalp and face... This didn't start until after I rinsed all the dye out of my hair.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Do not buy Revlon products. I have purchased now three Revlon eyelash curlers that came apart on the side. No I did not break it. You can't be rough or mis-use this product when you are putting it on your delicate eyelashes. So after my third purchase and the same thing happened I used it once or twice and it came apart on the side. I emailed Revlon - finally got back to me only tell me I need to send it to them. There is no warranty on this product. I have already spend money on several eyelash curlers to replace the broken ones only to be told to spend more money to ship their product back to them! I will go with a different brand.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I have given up on Revlon hair products. You would think that they would be dependable even if they are from Walmart. I have purchased 3 of these junk curling irons. They don’t work after a month. I think the heating element goes out in them. Nothing lasts like they used too. Be careful with Conair. Lookup recalls. This one from Revlon definitely needs to be recalled.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I have used Revlon hair color for years because it contained no ammonium and was better for my hair but now My hair is dry and frizzy and the color is not right. I am so mad and have decided to stop using it until something is done with your new choice of the ingredients. Don't tell me it is the same because it is not. I hope this will prompt you to fix the problem!!!

Original review: July 10, 2018

Revlon has a serious customer service problem in South Africa. Their products are not supported by local SA customer staff. Your phone 0800 999 978 and the extension are either busy, not working, engaged or no answer. When you do get through you speak to a person in USA whom never returns your call or email. You submitted 4 times just to repeat the same process with another person a day or 2 later. Again no feedback, resolution or any customer support. Revlon please take your products from the SA market and sell them only in the USA where you could try to support people. In SA you are a total customer service disaster.

Revlon Company Information