3.66/5

274 Revlon Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 27, 2019

So usually I use Covergirl but I found this youth FX and wanted to try. It has a button at the end similar to pen. Pressed it nothing came out so decided to take apart and see why... ABSOLUTELY nothing.

Original review: May 10, 2019

This Revlon (China) hair dryer looks and works well for a limited time. After a little over a year the rotary switch quit and the unit only works on high or the “Burning skin” cycle. I’ve attempted to contact Revlon about it but the program is so poorly written that it won’t even accept my information. e.g. input Canada and try to find Ontario. It seems their programmers are as bad as their quality control. For the future I’d stay away from this company and their hair products.

Get expert buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have been using Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner since I was in high school school (now 30.) I recently developed an allergy to both the liquid and the pencil. It causes my eyelids to swell instantly, burn and now after repeated exposure I blister! It is absolutely awful and a tad heartbreaking because it's truly the best as far as smooth application and staying power. I guess I should also add that it distorted my vision for the next several days after use. (Used it one a week in spite of my allergy, like an idiot.) I now use one hundred percent pure fruit pigmented products and have zero issues.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I buy this product and it was exp: 2017. I had to go to the hospital. It began with a rash then it got redness, cracked scalp, bumps and it itches a lot. The doctor has gave me 3 medications to drink and a special shampoo???

Original review: March 27, 2019

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! Buyer beware. I have used black Revlon hair dye in the past and never had any issues. I always use the dye as instructed, and color patch prior to use. This time 48 hours later, a trip to urgent care, and an emergency room visit from my scalp feeling like it was on fire. My face swelled like a light bulb and after steroids and the highest dose of ** I am still unrecognizable. I WILL NEVER USE anything from this company again. If I could attach the pictures from the last 48 hours I would. If I could save anyone this trauma it would be worth the post. Also I had to give one star to post clearly not even worth half a star.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Revlon?

Original review: March 21, 2019

Revlon Hair Dryer RV544PKF - As I was drying my hair, sparks started shooting out of the base of the hair dryer where the cord meets the unit. My arm was blackened and I received an electrical burn. I have a picture of my arm immediately following the event.

Original review: March 18, 2019

On two separate occasions, with two different curling irons, (same model # however) my curling iron suddenly shot huge sparks. I was holding it in my hand at the time, maybe 2 inches from my head. It left black powder burns on my hand. I have seen multiple complaints involving Revlon curling irons and hair dryers, for at least 3 different model #'s. Why has this problem not been resolved? Why haven't there been any recalls? Will it take someone being electrocuted for Revlon to take action??

Original review: March 16, 2019

I purchased Mega Multiplier Mascara about 10 days ago, at my local Walgreen's. I just opened the package a couple of days ago and applied some mascara, but noticed after about an hour that my eyes were stinging/ watering... I had to remove the mascara before the stinging sensation would stop! Was it a 'bad batch'?? Has anyone else experienced this? Anyway, I use all kinds of different cosmetics without any issues, but something about that mascara caused a lot of eye irritation for me. Just thought I should let you know.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I've been using the colorstay liquid liner for several years with no issues... until recently. I'm not allergic to anything really - I don't even get poison ivy - and I don't have overly sensitive skin. Recently I bought the photo ready foundation because the store was out of my normal brand, and within a week developed contact dermatitis on my eyelid. I don't know if it's the foundation or liner or the combination of both, but I'll never use either of them again.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I bought Revlon hair color and did everything I was supposed to do. Mind you this is the second time this has happened. Burns all over my neck, scalp and face... This didn't start until after I rinsed all the dye out of my hair.

Revlon expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Revlon launched in 1932 selling nail enamel in colors other than red. They now sell a full range of makeup products along with fragrances, hair color and makeup tools, which consumers can find online and at popular retailers around the world.

• Budget friendly: Revlon products are easy on the budget and can be found in most major drugstores and super stores.

• Find your mascara: Use Revlon’s online tool to find the perfect mascara for your eyes based on your eyelashes and the results you want to get.

• Colorstay eyeshadow: Revlon’s revolutionary Colorstay eyeshadow is designed for all day wear. The eyeshadow will stay on your eyes for up to 16 hours without smudging, making it ideal for women looking for makeup that will last all day.

• Makeup tutorials: Learn contouring techniques, tips for getting smoky eyes and more by watching Revlon’s library of makeup tutorials, available on their website.

• Helpful and active Pinterest boards: Follow some or all of Revlon’s Pinterest boards, which feature images and articles on style, makeup and hair.

• Best for: Revlon is best for budget-savvy women who want long-lasting color and coverage  at a low price.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs