2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.90/5

Revlon Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Revlon?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Revlon?

Original review: July 9, 2020

I came by this product by an accident. A friend gave me some polish and it just so happened to have the matte finish polish in there and I don't use it as an finish coat. I use it as a base coat. I like my nails to have the shiny effect. So I didn't want to throw it away so I was like I wonder how it would do as a base coat. To my surprise it was absolutely perfect.

I work in the medical field where I am constantly washing my hands and using hand sanitizer that just beats up my beautiful nail polish job. I'm also not the type to go to salons to spend money for what I can do for myself. What I'm getting at here is this product if you don't already know is amazing and has multiple uses. It keeps my polish on for days or weeks at a time as when you constantly wash hand and just in water a lot it tends to make the polish pull away from the nail and this product keeps it on and keeps the new look longer. Also it helps keep the polish from running off to the side of your nail and causing big blobs to be on your side nail. Anyways I just wanted to let you know about your product and I am a huge fan of the matte finish due to how well it keeps my nails looking new and makes it easier to polish my nails.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

They have a nice variety of items and are trying to accommodate all skin tones with products that work. It's impressive. Not too bad in pricing but we all know that the cosmetic industry makes "millions" on us. We really are that bad! Some of their items are better than others. Just the same with other companies.

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

When I began searching through different beauty and cosmetic brands, I was told to try Revlon. I went to my local store to buy Revlon products and it was a perfect match. I didn't have to travel somewhere special for some major expensive brand and it's a great price and quality. I tried numerous brands and nothing made more more happy and confident than Revlon. I'd highly recommend the liquid eyeliner for best results. It works like a charm and it's easy to get off if you make a mistake. Once it dries it can stay on for two days!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I have been using Revlon products for most of my teen to mature age most of my life off and on some 40 years. I love the variety and all the products are excellent. I have never been disappointed in any of Revlon's products. The lipsticks are great colors and creamy. Thanks Revlon.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

Fantastic Hair Dryer and Volumizer. My daughter bought this and wanted me to try it since I have naturally curly hair! So I gave it a shot. It only took 20 minutes to go from wet and curly to dry and straight! As I am getting older I have a hard time holding a brush in one hand and a dryer in the other. Now I can use 2 hands and the heat is directly on the hair! I did use a heat protectant and then had to run a straightener through it for about 5 minutes because it’s so curly. However, my daughter used it that night and it was so shiny and straight, it looked like she walked out of a salon! Highly recommended!!! I would like to attach photos, but I don’t see the option. :(

Original review: April 11, 2020

This Revlon 3 barrel waver, destroyed and burnt my hair, the low heat never worked. This item got so hot, it burnt my proper heating pad, its faulty thermostat doesn't work, now I'm left with burnt hair, I have to use special products, and treatments on my hair, it's wrecked my hair, my friends were there when this happened, these products are faulty. Where's the quality control on these items. There certainly hasn't been any. I was in tears. My hair is all snapped off.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I used this hairdryer every time I washed my hair and had an extra 15 minutes (b/c it is that quick)! I promoted it, gave it as gifts to people, but then one day a piece on the inside of the hairdryer broke off and it sounded like it was going to explode on me. I have been trying to get in touch with people since early Feb (now 4 weeks), with no luck. They now want me to pay $5 to ship it to Texas for them to maybe give me a refund? I just want another hairdryer. I guess you get what you pay for. But now that they increased the price on this hairdryer by $25, do you think I am going to buy that?! NO!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I am completely appalled at my current situation. I bought this hair dye from Walgreens. I should of known something was up because it was on sale 2 for 6$. I dyed my hair and two days later my face blew up the size of a watermelon. My eyes are currently almost completely shut. My face is swollen and it looks like I got into a 12 round boxing match with Mike Tyson. I have been missing work due to this unfortunate event. I went to the hospital and was told it was an allergic reaction to chemicals in the dye. I did a patch test and I’m really upset this is happening to me. I don’t look like myself and I don’t know what to do. Please don’t buy this product!!!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

You won't find another makeup you like better, not even Clinique makeup, trust me on this one. I love makeup and only wear the best. Covergirl just really sucks....if you all disagree then please just let know.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Products are up to date, good selection and good prices. I worked in their marketing Dept many years ago and the products were very natural with awesome selection and detail-oriented. The research and development department was awesome.

Revlon author review by ConsumerAffairs

Revlon launched in 1932 selling nail enamel in colors other than red. They now sell a full range of makeup products along with fragrances, hair color and makeup tools, which consumers can find online and at popular retailers around the world.

• Budget friendly: Revlon products are easy on the budget and can be found in most major drugstores and super stores.

• Find your mascara: Use Revlon’s online tool to find the perfect mascara for your eyes based on your eyelashes and the results you want to get.

• Colorstay eyeshadow: Revlon’s revolutionary Colorstay eyeshadow is designed for all day wear. The eyeshadow will stay on your eyes for up to 16 hours without smudging, making it ideal for women looking for makeup that will last all day.

• Makeup tutorials: Learn contouring techniques, tips for getting smoky eyes and more by watching Revlon’s library of makeup tutorials, available on their website.

• Helpful and active Pinterest boards: Follow some or all of Revlon’s Pinterest boards, which feature images and articles on style, makeup and hair.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team