1.47/5
  • 1 star
Based on 156 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 7, 2017

254 Revlon Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I recently tried Revlon Youth FX system and I loved it. It is a total of 4 products you can use separately or in combination with each other. It's a face primer, forehead primer, concealer and foundation system. The primers help or improve the look of aging. Depending on your skin type and tone you may see a greater difference. I did notice a difference in my own skin when I used the products. My fine lines and wrinkles did seem less visible if they were smaller ones. The makeup gave me overall good coverage and stayed in place. I didn't have any issue matching my skin tone. I didn't have any orange tint or I wasn't too light. The foundation is easy to apply and remove. I thought it was a bit thick so a small amount applied with a blending sponge goes a long way.

Original review: July 11, 2017

Congratulations to Revlon's Customer Service. I have used Revlon products for more than 10 years and I have never had a bad experience. However, recently I bought a Foundation and I thought it was not in good and I sent a message to Revlon with my concerns about the product. They called me immediately, more than that they sent me a letter with their apologies and sent me a check for the full amount of the product after I returned it. Definitely I will continue buying Revlon products not only for the very good quality but also for their excellent customer services. Many companies should learn from them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 2, 2017

Most of my life I have used high-end makeup (Estee Lauder, Lancome, Chanel). I read online that Revlon had a foundation that worked well for older skin. I purchased two jars of foundations in different colors in hopes that one would work. Neither color worked. I called the company to see if they could help and possibly send me a sample of one more color to try so I would not have to purchase a third jar of foundation. They refused and said they under no circumstance give out samples.

While they are such a large company that I am sure they do now care, they are definitely losing very good customers. I am the type of consumer that will share with everyone whether a good or bad experience. I am also loyal. If I would have been treated properly, I would have switched many products to Revlon and spread the word. I will stick with the companies I am used to since they care about their customers. I recommend using a different cosmetic brand. There are many that are superior in product and service!

Original review: March 17, 2017

I never buy Revlon products but when I saw the Kiss Balm in coconut & in peach I grabbed them & figured I'd give them a try. The 1st thing I wasn't happy with when I looked over my receipt was the price. They were $8.99 ea. So before I got to upset I figured I'd open at least 1 & try it. So I opened the coconut & loved the smell & the way it felt when it goes on except the feeling doesn't last more than a couple of minutes. I stupidly opened the peach, which also smells great but the great feeling doesn't last long.

After 3 days, literally I've only had them 3 days they're almost gone. These tubes are only 1/2 way filled!!! Are you kidding me, I just paid $8.99 for each of these & they didn't even last a week!?! The ONLY thing this product has going for it is their scent. They say you get what you pay for but this time I definitely did NOT!!! I'll never buy another Revlon product & after reading these reviews I'm ???% sure I'll never waste my money on any of your products again!!!

Original review: March 8, 2017

Purchased this product (Revlon Colorstay Foundation) because of the price, reputable company name, and variety of hues available to match my skin. However, after just a few weeks of use, I began to develop a painful rash above one of my eyes. I discontinued use of the foundation, but the rash became even more painful and spread under my eye, to my other eye, around my mouth, and under my arms. An exasperated trip to the dermatologist confirmed contact dermatitis and required an oral and topical steroid. It was a very painful and frustrating month and 1/2 to resolve the issue and finally feel normal again. Both of my daughters had the same reactions, but stopped using it right away. I don't have previous allergies or overly sensitive skin, so this was completely unexpected. Going back to my expensive (but doesn't cause rashes) Estee Lauder.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Revlon?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

This is the 2nd one of this model I bought in 1 year time period. On the 1st one, the ceramic coating started wearing off and literally burned about 2 inches of my hair off, then the pin snapped and barrel became loose. I thought maybe it was just one bad apple in the bunch, so I decided to try another. BIG MISTAKE!! Ceramic coating is wearing same as the 1st one and now the bottom has cracked where the plug connects. Had to put tape around it to keep piece from falling off. I am not rough with my curling iron and I keep it clean, so the images I post here is NOT dirt. It's where the ceramic is wearing off and the heat has burned the barrel. Not to mention, It smokes a little sometimes where the ceramic has worn. Never again. Chrome barrels from now on for me and NOT from this company. Wish I had kept my receipt. They even make you create an account just to write a review. Ugh!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

For the price they are good quality. I like the coverage of the foundation and facial powder. The nail polish wears off more quickly than other more high end brands. Slightly more pricey than other products of comparable value.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Revlon makes superior makeup, and it doesn't get in my pores like those made by other brands. Revlon makes superior foundations.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Your eyeliner is the only one that stays on my top waterline without smudging everywhere - I've been using it since it was released, can't live without it! Please don't stop making it until I die! Formula perfect. I tried so many eyeliners that were awful until you released Colorstay crayon eyeliner. I've been using it for years and is my 'must-have' product. It actually stays on my waterline without transferring around my eye but is soft enough to smudge or smoke up your eye. I've noticed a lot of makeup artists use this product too.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Best drugstore brand. I have tried all drugstore brands and many department store brands. Revlon is one of the top quality and value brands. Consistently beats other drugstore brands and sometimes competitive with if not better than department store items.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

Good Quality, Use other products but always go back to Revlon. I'm a conservative shopper. If the item I purchase fits the bill, I'll get it again. If not, I will notify the company. I can't waste money on inferior goods.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I hate this company because they continue to test on animals and for that reason I will never use this brand again. They suck! Any company that ignores public outcries against animal testing and still proceeds to do so is out of touch and should be put out of business by the consumer refusing to use their products.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

On Monday morning while getting ready for curling my hair and could smell burnt but didn't know where it was coming from, I reach to my Iron, place my hair in it and then my hair caught fire burning my hair and forehead. I lost a big patch of hair. It was a hell my hair smelt like burnt for two days. My forehead is still healing after almost a week from this nightmare... I will never buy a Revlon product again... I should be compensated from Revlon for what happened to me.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

I have owned Revlon Style 1875W Hair Dryers for years and have never had an experience like I had this morning. The hair dryer started to smoke, spark and caught fire. The GFCI (Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupter) attached to the electrical cord never shut the power off, I had to pull the plug out of the socket. Our home smells terrible now. The GFCI prevents a user from being electrocuted, YIKES! I placed the hair dryer outside so it could cool off. I sent an email to Revlon, let's see if they will respond. There are tons of complaints on the Internet about this same hair dryer, why is there no Class Action Suit going on? It appears Revlon isn't responding to the many complaints.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

Purchased this Revlon Laser Brilliance hair dryer about 8-months ago. With use, I am getting intermittent failures, where the fan cuts out, and keeps turning on/off depending on how I bend or orient the unit as I dry my hair. I looked at the cord, and the cord is beginning to wear near the stain relief. It seems that the cord is not secured where it enters into the hair dryer. The cord wear looks like over time, the plastic around the wire insulation will eventually expose the wires, and may cause an electric shock. This really bothers me since the unit seems so new, to be failing like this. I guess I need to find another brand. But, to be safe, I would not recommend this device to anyone, since it might be a safety or fire hazard. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

I usually buy REVLON nail varnish due to the range of colours. I recently purchased code 675 Ravishing. Lovely colour for my holiday. On application I found this thin and watery however I continued to apply two coats allowing each one to dry correctly. Two days into my holiday it began to go soft on my nails. I removed it off my nails thinking it was due to the heat. Today it is cool and raining so I decided to paint my nails again. To my disappointment I am getting the same results and can just scrape this off my nails. There is clearly something wrong with the formula. Very disappointed. Thrown receipt way as didn't expect this result. I won't purchase REVLON again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

I have never I had allergies to eye makeup before I used Revlon ColorStay eyeliner and had a severe allergy reaction - the puffy swollen eyes and runny nose, hard breathing every time I use it and have used it 3 times since I bought it. I've learned my lesson - I will never buy it again. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

I purchased a 1 inch curling iron less than a month ago at my local walmart store. Thought the price was fair enough, but the curling iron only lasted a little more than a month. Of course I can't return it, threw the box away and the receipt. I'm very dissatisfied with this purchase.

Original review: July 26, 2016

I recently bought the product Revlon 008 Racy Rose blush brush and noticed when I was applying it that the brush smelled like poo. I think it is natural animal hair that has not been cleaned properly. Has anyone noticed the same from their brush? The lot number is 15100, I want to take it back but I used it a few times before I noticed the smell. YUK.

Original review: June 24, 2016

I have been using this product for a number of years. Over the past few months I have been suffering from swollen lips. Inside my lips the area is red and swollen and blisters formed. The condition was painful and I could not understand what was causing the problem. I wear this product almost daily. I began to notice when I applied this lip color my lips immediately began to tingle and become swollen. I stopped using the product for a few days and the condition began to subside.

It seemed odd that the latest product I purchased in California only a few months ago caused this problem when I had not experienced this problem before. After doing some research, I found other customers have had an allergic reaction to this product also. I am wondering if the ingredients in the latest formula have changed? Or if I have just developed an allergy to the product over the many years I have used the product?

Original review: June 8, 2016

I've been using the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stain for some time now and it has definitely become one of my favorites! I'm using shade 045 - romantic and I really love the shade - even my husband compliments the color when I'm wearing it. It gives you the right amount of red but not too loud. It is best worn with neutral eye makeup and just subtle cheek color so that your lips will really pop out with this. Plus, it is light and comfortable on the lips. Also, what makes this one of your must haves in your make up kit is that, it is very cheap and it really lasts long.

Original review: May 12, 2016

On April 30th, 2016 at 11 o'clock at night I dyed my hair with Revlon hair dye black. On May 1st 2016 my scalp begin to get real tight. By May 2nd my face begin to break out. My forehead was swollen, my scalp has several burns on it, my ears were chased and my head was burning. I left work on the 2nd of May went to my doctor on May 3rd. She sent me directly to Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas. I had severe burns on my scalp, my forehead was swollen, the side of my right face was swollen at work, my right eye was closed shut from the swelling and my left eye was barely open. I had a severe allergic reaction when I got to the hospital. They had to give me three bags of IV antibiotics. They begin to give me steroids. I went through a CT scan of my face and I was submitted.

I was kept overnight because the doctor felt that I may have some kind of disfiguration to my face. For anyone that is reading my review I beg you not to use this product. I've had a horrible experience using Revlon products. There is no way in the world that this company should be allowed to continue to put products on the shelves for the people. They need to be banned and Revlon need to be charged with neglect to the people who buy their products.

Original review: April 29, 2016

On June 21/2015 I used a Revlon makeup photoready airbrush effect for the first time. I wash my hands thoroughly before applying the makeup, within five minutes after applying the makeup my skin and eyes begin to itch and burn. Even after I washed my face with soap and water my face and eyes continue to itch and burn so I ended up going to the hospital and was in the hospital for fifteen days with strep A necrotizing fasciitis. Please if anyone has suffered with this condition please contact me.

Original review: April 20, 2016

February 28th I decided to buy the Revlon 3D. Almost instantly the back of my head started itching. 3 days later the reaction went down the front and back of my body. I had blisters with pus in them that took 2 weeks to heal. The head itself, I'm still recovering from it. Never again will I use this product. It's caused me time away from work, ears have swelled along with scalp.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2016

A couple of years ago or so, this product sent me to the dermatologist. I had used this product for years alongside of my other normal facial products and I had no problems at all. And then all of a sudden my skin started breaking out, turning red and black! Not to mention the so-called "colorstay" product was no longer staying on my face. It was getting all over anything that my face touched. Thinking that I may have bought a defective product, I went back to the store and bought another one. Well needless to say, this one did the same thing. My skin was burning and breaking out so bad that I had no choice but to go to the dermatologist, just to get some relief.

I contacted Revlon several times by telephone and email to let them know what was going on and to see if they had made any type of ingredient changes in this product. At first they kept saying "no" and then finally later on I was told that they had made some changes in the ingredients. I asked them to please send me the product description, so that I could keep it for my records and to make sure that I stayed away from the ingredients that they had changed in their colorstay product. I am not happy to know that others had the same problem! However, I am a little pleased to see others speaking out to make other people aware.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2016

ColorStay eye concealer - The product is good but once you open it and twist the content to the point of getting the concealer, it's like potato chips, half is gone. It was half empty, so you're only getting a smaller amount than is advertised on the front of the packaging. Rip-off.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2016

After using the Revlon color stay lipstick I got burned felt burning sensation. Within few minutes my lips swollen and painful. Requesting customers using such products they are really dangerous. Needless to say, I will not buy any product of Revlon. Be careful. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2015

I had been using the Revlon Perfect Heat curling iron, 3/4 inch for about 2 months. Yesterday I went to use it and as I brought it from the roots to the end of my hair, my hair started smoking and it fried my hair from root to end. And then it stuck on the end and was difficult to remove it. I lost a lot of hair! I have never heard of something so dangerous! And the guarantee to return it to the store is only 30 days! So I am out a curling iron and will never buy that brand again!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

While I was gone the blow dryer turned itself on and burned itself up. Consequences is getting the smell out of the carpet and walls and everywhere. Its toxic. My reasoning for writing this is maybe someone thinking of buying this product will reconsider. I got lucky and got home so my dogs did not have to breathe the fumes too long.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2015

Ok so I bought Revlon rich girl red lipstick. I've had for about 2 or 3 months and used it every once in a while until one day my bottom lip started burning and itching and became really raw and left a brown patch on my lips. I threw it off as a coincidence until I used recently again and the same thing happened. I'm never using Revlon again. Time to go back to Maybelline and Cover Girl lipsticks. Thanks for ruining my lip.

Revlon expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Revlon launched in 1932 selling nail enamel in colors other than red. They now sell a full range of makeup products along with fragrances, hair color and makeup tools, which consumers can find online and at popular retailers around the world.

• Budget friendly: Revlon products are easy on the budget and can be found in most major drugstores and super stores.

• Find your mascara: Use Revlon’s online tool to find the perfect mascara for your eyes based on your eyelashes and the results you want to get.

• Colorstay eyeshadow: Revlon’s revolutionary Colorstay eyeshadow is designed for all day wear. The eyeshadow will stay on your eyes for up to 16 hours without smudging, making it ideal for women looking for makeup that will last all day.

• Makeup tutorials: Learn contouring techniques, tips for getting smoky eyes and more by watching Revlon’s library of makeup tutorials, available on their website.

• Helpful and active Pinterest boards: Follow some or all of Revlon’s Pinterest boards, which feature images and articles on style, makeup and hair.

• Best for: Revlon is best for budget-savvy women who want long-lasting color and coverage  at a low price.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs