2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.75/5

Neutrogena Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I use nothing but Neutrogena products. Very please with moisturizer, foundation, and sunblock. All apply easily and completely and work very well.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

Excellent product line. Products for all kinds of skin care - dry to anti-aging. Mascara is only one I am able to use; others dry my eyes out. No added perfumes.

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Having used Neutrogena products for several yrs now this 62 yr old woman’s ONLY regret is not using it sooner. Customer Service is FANTASTIC! For you folks that think it’s miracle cream, it’s not. I’ve noted w/ regular use of the serum, ???? along w/ the, regenerating cream that these products do as advertised! They absolutely reduce the appearance of fine lines! I’ve tried other products from low cost to high end. NEUTROGENA is fantastic. I’ve had one minor issue, caused by my own error, in overusing the serum. Follow directions. Any questions call them! Great products. Excellent customer service. Enjoy!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I use the Vital day, night and wrinkle creams, I am 63 and now get unprompted compliments from friends about looking "refreshed". None of them know I have been applying this regimen for a month now. I am delighted and can 100% say it's worth every cent and I recommend wholeheartedly.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I I do a lot of referrals for skin care and hair care. I have used a ton of face masks and this one is by far the best. I will say I was a little disturbed that the mask had slid off the protective sheet and I was unsure what side to apply. It comes in 2 parts the upper facial area and the bottom. The bottom half kept sliding into my mouth due to my very thin upper lip not preventing it. Overall the mask does what it says. My skin is completely hydrated. I did not have to use a moisturizer after. My skin is supple and plump and my pores are actually smaller after the mask. This is worth the extra few dollars.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I used Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser on Saturday night. I woke up Sunday morning and my eyes were almost swollen shut, and my face was burning. It is now Monday night and I am still experiencing the same issues. I have taken multiple allergy medications with no result. I do not have sensitive skin, and have never experienced a reaction like this before. I am not using any other medications on my skin. Do not use this product.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Very disappointed in Neutrogena. This product is definitely not rapid at repairing not even the finest lines. Don’t waste your money.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I bought this product four days ago as my acne was getting bad. After first use my eye swollen I thought it was a bug, my thought never went onto face wash, after second day using this white bumps all over my face and I stopped using this product and didn’t put anything on my face for few days. It didn’t go away. Today I bought hyderm 1%. Hopefully it works. Worst product for your skin. I’m so scared of my skin to look in mirror. This is very very scary.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Let me just start by saying. I do not have sensitive skin. I have used some questionable products in the past. But still, my skin has never reacted badly to any product before. However, after only using the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser twice, my skin started burning, and became tender to the touch. Needless to say, I stopped using it immediately. But it got worse and my face continued to develop small bumps all over. Now it's been 3 days since I stopped and my skin still resembles the texture of sandpaper. It is so itchy and has even started peeling in some places near my mouth and nose.

I knew it was the face wash since it's the only thing I changed. So I did some research and found out MULTIPLE users had similar bad reactions to this product! There are articles about it on Cosmopolitan and Buzzfeed even. I don't usually write reviews but in this instance, I felt it was important. I tried to post an honest review about my experience on the Neutrogena website, but they refused to publish it, which I found to be very shady.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

So I've been looking up, down, left right and center for a face wash that works for my skin. My face is very combination of oily and dry and I decided to do a little research about my skin type and what the best facial cleansers or face washes would be the best for my skin for an affordable price. As I scrolled through multiple websites Neutrogena's pink grapefruit acne face wash always came up. It explained the effects it was supposed to have on your skin and it sounded like it was the perfect fit so I decided to try it for the 1st time.... and O M G.... BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER.My skin isn't very prone to being on the sensitive side, And I've tried it least over a 100 different products for my face and never in my life out of every different type of cleanser, toner, cream etc have I ever experienced a reaction let alone a reaction like the one had when I used this face wash.

On the back of the bottle it To test on a couple small areas on your skin that you're having problems with to see If it's a fit for your skin are not so I tested it and I had no reactions the first time.... I only used a tiny bit on my nose (which is/was one of my biggest problem areas) and it was ok. So before I went to bed I decided to use it on my face where it was needed since my skin seemed to be okay..... WELL. The 2nd I put it on my skin and I started to wash my face I could feel the stinging getting more intense. I instantly got worried and started immediately rinsing it off as thoroughly as I possibly could. It then continued to sting and burn my skin and gave me a horrible dry, flaky rash all over my face (mostly mt T-zone, chin, around mouth, nose and between and around brows).

I then, proceeded to try to calm my skin down because, at this point I was scared I needed to go to the emergency room... but I decided to try using my pure aloe vera gel (from my plant) and pure almond oil, to make a quick natural, and gentle mask type thing to calm the irritation/redness, burning and dryness my skin was experiencing. Left that on for a 5 mins and rinsed off and the burning had died down a lot (it works for my skin, but may not work for every skin type) but it was still burning and stinging a bit.... along with the rash still being there I had to put a freezer gel pack on my face to cool it down because it was even hot to touch my face.

All in all I was shocked at how badly it became. Over the past couple days now my face feels like sand paper which is an understatement bit the best description I can use... it is just.... so rough and dry. Mind you the almond oil and aloe vera face mask I made has helped A LOT for me and bring the moisture back and not being harsh on my skin.

But unfortunately I got a couple blisters from the rash....and what I believe looks like a slight case of chemical burn... and they're located above my upper lip right under my nose and very dry and is flaking there as well as around my mouth and chin, all over my nose and between my brows. I still have the rash and stinging/burning but its not as bad thanks to my DIY face mask.

PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND NEVER EVER USE THIS FACE WASH... Do not put yourself or face through that pain, or the wasted money. Now I can't speak for all neutrogena products. I haven't tried a lot but, I have never reacted to anything I've ever tried and I've tried a lot but that face wash is a definite no go and they need to seriously tackle this issue And rethink their ingredients. I don't know what the hell they have in that thing but that face wash is the worst face wash product I have ever used and I will NEVER use their products again. I am personally just too scared. And I will be filing a complaint about this to their customer service.

Neutrogena author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1930 as the cosmetics company Natone, Neutrogena is today part of the Johnson & Johnson Conglomerate, which bought the independent company Neutrogena in 1994. The company is known for being dermatologist recommended, and their product line includes skin care, cosmetics and sun care.

• Great for acne-prone skin: Neutrogena is best known for solving acne problems for men and women. They have moisturizers, cleansers, kits and cosmetics for facial and body acne.

• Widely available: Consumers can buy Neutrogena products online or in most major drugstores and pharmacies. Price conscious consumers can enjoy an extra discount and coupons when they sign up for Neutrogena’s email newsletter.

• Anti-aging: Women who are concerned with the appearance of their skin as they age can shop for a wide range of anti-aging products on Neutrogena’s website. Choose the product that works best for your anti-aging concern, whether it’s wrinkles, defense, pore refining, toning or microdermabrasion.

• Free shipping and returns: Consumers can enjoy free shipping on all Neutrogena orders placed directly from the company’s website that are $25 or more. Enjoy a full refund (minus shipping costs) for items returned within 30 days of the shipping date.

• Active Facebook community: Neutrogena’s Facebook page is very active, and the company posts information about skin-related topics, such as skin cancer and acne. They respond publicly and privately to consumer questions and complaints.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team