2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.49/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Neutrogena Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?

Original review: May 8, 2018

I used Great Value, or whatever it is. It starts with an E. I needed some more and quick. They usually came in a 2-pack and thought he cant figure this out... I sent my husband and showed him the package, told him EVERYTHING about it. Well, he takes off to Sam's and gets me a huge box of makeup wipes that I did NOT send him to get. I got Neutrogena Lavender Face Wipes. I was mad, until I used them. The makeup came right off, my face did not dry out. It left my face feeling soft after every use. My husband is my hero. Lol and Thanks to Neutrogena too.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I used the Neutrogena Pore Refiner daily scrub for the first time 6 days ago and woke up the following day with swollen eyes, cheeks, redness all over and severe generalized burning all over my face. I resorted to ** of course as I recognized the symptoms as a possible allergic reaction isolated to my face. Throughout this past week, my skin has become significantly dry, severe redness all over and I developed numerous small whiteheads beginning in my nasal fold extending down under my nose. Unable to wear makeup or find anything for topical relief I resorted to ice to numb my face.

This product MUST have these possible side effects listed on the tube... I researched possible side effects and it appears as though numerous others exact complaints/concerns have made it to this site. I have escalated my experience to Johnson and Johnson. This IS NOT a benign side effect profile - severe burning, redness, dry, flaky, cracking and swelling of face that does not resolve regardless of what I’ve tried. Consumers need to know this is being reported often. I would not like to see others ever have to go through this. Unreal 6 days of agitation, discomfort, even disfigurement and will be seeking medical attention as it is not dissipating.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Deep clean facial cleaner - The facial cleanser you all are selling to consumers are toxic poison! My face (along with hundreds of other consumers) looks terrible, after using this piece of ** product. I will never in my life, use any of your products, again in my life!

Original review: April 13, 2018

I started using Neutrogena® Pore Refining® Exfoliating Cleanser Face Wash last night and I today I woke up with this rash! My skin is super dry and itchy. This is the first time that I get a rash with a product. Never using this product again!

Original review: March 28, 2018

I started using the daytime/nighttime moisturizer along with the serum a week ago. My skin is red, temperature wise hot to touch and is cracked/dry all over the area that I used the products on. It is extremely painful and uncomfortable. I have never had any type of issues with other Neutrogena products in the past.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I ran out of my night time face cream that I usually used (which was Neutrogena) so I thought I would try something new. I purchased the Neutrogena triple age repair night cream but didn’t use it right away because I recently had filler injections into my frown line. I waited the 24 hours after having this done to put on any age cream as directed. I put the cream on before bed and noticed a sensation during the night just thinking it was the cream doing what it was supposed to be doing. I woke up the next morning to find that my forehead and eyes were swollen, red, and had bubbles in my forehead. First thing in the morning I went to my Dr. Not sure if it was the filler or the cream doing this to my face. They told me that if it was the filler I would have seen a reaction within 20 minutes of having it done. They asked me if I had used anything new that might break me out like that and the only thing I could think of was the face cream.

I was on steroids for 2 weeks (pills and cream). I had red blotches on my forehead that ended up being pussy. I still have a place on my forehead that has an indentation and worried that it will end up being a scar. My husband found that there were issues with this same product. People having the swollen, red and blotchy face that itched and had bumps. The reviews were answered by Neutrogena asking them to call this number they gave wanting to know about their concerns.

I called the number and the person asked me a lot of questions about when I purchased the product, the product number, how much I spent on it and a few other questions. After all this, they sent me a nice check to reimburse me the money I spent on it, a whole $15.00. (I got it at Walmart) I really feel like I was punched in the gut. They know this product has problems, from reviews since 2015. There is no warnings on this product or possible side effects. I’m very upset about this product. So now I am really worried about the product I put on my face and if this is going to leave permanent scarring. I have never felt anger against anything, but every time I look in the mirror I am pissed that they know something is wrong with this product but won’t put a possible reaction warning on it.

Original review: March 22, 2018

This year I turned 30 years old so I thought I’d give Neutrogena Ageless Intensives a try (anti-wrinkle/night moisturizer). The first night I applied it everything went well, but the second night I applied it my skin immediately started to burn after application. I thought maybe it would go away so I tried not to worry and left the bathroom. I had to go back in the bathroom cause it was getting worse and when I turned the light on in the bathroom I could see my face was red. Never in my life have I ever been allergic to anything, and I’ve used other Neutrogena products before, but didn’t have this issue. I’m highly dissatisfied with this product! Not only do I remember it being about 10-15 bucks but it burned the hell out of my skin and dried it out, it seems I’m not the only one. Also I’d really like to see this product removed from stores, something isn't right. I’d also like my money back... Buyers beware!!!

Original review: March 17, 2018

I used Neutrogena face scrub and face mask. A day after my skin was crazy dry. My skin has never been this dry. Ever. It hurts when I apply lotion. Now I have no idea what to do. I’m never going to use this product again. It’s so painful.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Bought the face bar cause my 12 yr old breaks out. She used it and after cried her face burned. So I try it and my face is burning like sunburn or something. My husband tested it and his face burned. Skins red and peeling. No way all 3 of us got burned. Be very careful what you use.

Original review: March 16, 2018

In December 2017 I received a 3 pack of Neutrogena body wash. The first time I used the Ocean Mist in my shower was mid Jan 2018. I had put body wash on my washcloth and proceeded to wash my face when I got the Ocean Mist body wash in my left eye. My eye immediately closed tightly and was extremely burning. I tried rinsing my eye with water in which was pretty much impossible as I was not able to open my eye for any length of time. Then I tried eye drops (Murine) and then my I placed a band over my left eye. My eye has not been the same since. The corner where the tear duct is is a purple red color with the skin always being crusty. I believe that my eyelid where my lashes are is also affected. There is no warning on bottle if you were to get it in your eyes. I have not used it since, and do feel I should have went to the ER. My eye is not the same, and for that reason I will have to see a Doctor now.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I started using this Neutrogena pore refining exfoliating cleanser a couple of days ago, my eyes have been so swollen and itchy and they burn and my face Burns. I have these tiny bumps like a rash all over my face, my cheeks, and my whole face is red! I've been popping Benadryl thinking it was allergies but sure enough I just washed my face again with this product and my face is on FIRE so I Googled it and sure enough I found everybody's reviews here... I'll be throwing this product right here in the trash!!! What a waste of $9!!! Everything burns!!!

Original review: March 7, 2018

Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Regenerating Cream - I have had swollen, burning face & eyes since using this cream. They say you may have some redding of the face but it should go away. I am miserable since using it. Should be taken off the market!!!

Original review: March 1, 2018

I have never given a review before, however my experience was so bad I feel the need to warn others. I have never had problems with my skin before until I used oil-free acne wash Neutrogena. About 1-2 days after I used the wash my face swelled up, red raw, extremely painful and white like pimples covered my face. I took the day off work to attend the doctors who confirmed I had a severe allergic reaction. I was given intense cream for my face along with tablets to control my reaction. Never again will I use this and I will be sure to tell others to stay away. Day two into my reaction and I am still in a lot of pain and my face looks horrible.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I have really dry skin, so I did a lot of research and read several reviews before buying this Neutrogena foundation (Neutrogena Hydro Boost Tint) along with the Neutrogena primer. When I washed the makeup off at the end of the day, my skin was burning. The warm washcloth felt like sticking hot pokers on my face. When I was done, my skin (especially around my eyes and mouth) was swollen and red. My husband commented that it looked like I’d been punched in both eyes. I have no idea what chemical they place in their “hydrating” products that causes such horrific chemical burns, but I’ve since had to buy serious moisturizing products and antibiotic ointments to prevent infection from setting in. My skin is now peeling and shedding the layers Neutrogena burned off. It has been a painful nightmare.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I’ve used Neutrogena in the past, the grapefruit scrub, and got a really bad reaction but I thought maybe I’m allergic to grapefruit and didn’t pay attention to it just never used it again. Well I decided to get a new face wash and it’s the cooling gel scrub. Turns out Neutrogena is the issue. My face got a crazy chemical burn, I have tiny water blisters and my face itches like crazy! Not only did I have to miss work, because I’m customer facing and rely on looking decent, but the discomfort I am going through is beyond the roof. My skin is now chapped and I can’t wear makeup, I’m scared to even put a moisturizer on because it burns. So far coconut water is helping at night but other than that idk what to do. I will NEVER buy another product from this brand again. Hypoallergenic my **.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

This is the biggest waste of money I have spent in a very long time. I purchased the Neutrogena Deep Moisturizer for both daytime and nighttime and the Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle Creme. I have used it for 2 weeks and my skin has never felt or looked so terrible. It's dry and itchy, this is just a disgusting product that shouldn't be allowed on the shelves. I have no allergies so it's not like I am having a reaction to anything. What a ripoff.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

The last months ago I bought Neutrogena products include SPF 15 moisturizer, anti-wrinkle intensive serum and face wash for sensitive skin. After while I started to have itchy dry red skin round my eyes, cheeks and upper lip. I never had any reaction with other products except Neutrogena which right now I cannot recommended whatsoever especially I have normal skin, I have been using coconut oil as moisturizer without using any makeup.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I used this product (Face wash) once. The next day my eyes were swollen. This is the second day after use and my face is worse. Dry, itchy, tight skin and swollen eyes. I’ve taken Benadryl and have done cool compress, cucumbers on the eyes and nothing is better. I had to miss work today and if it isn’t better tomorrow I will have to pay for a doctor appointment! I’m never buying any products from Neutrogena again!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I just read the ingredient list on this moisturizer - "A daily retinol facial moisturizer with multi-vitamins". The "active ingredients" list only includes sunscreens. At the bottom of the "inactive ingredients" list, retinol is listed. Seeing as the ingredients are listed in order from highest to lowest concentrations, retinol's appearance second-last on the list (below fragrances and preservatives) would mean that Neutrogena is basically using false advertising in implying that this product has any retinol activity whatsoever. Shame on Neutrogena - I will be boycotting your products.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I normally have very clear skin and have had clear skin my entire life, my face has had a few little pimples lately due to stress. I bought this product made by Neutrogena 2 days ago and I've only used it once. My face started to burn within an hour and now seems as though I have a chemical burn, the next morning (now) my eyes and face are complete swollen, my face is hot and literally burnt. This is a terrible product, I will never buy Neutrogena products again! I've attached a normal everyday picture and 2 of the burn and swelling.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I normally use organic face wash, but since I've been having acne pop up lately I thought I would try Neutrogena Oil Free Acne face wash. The first day I used it my face felt super clean until I woke up the next day with my eyes nearly swollen shut and my face on fire. The second day I used it I woke up the next day and my face was still swollen and now my face is overly dry, skin peeling and has all these tiny inflamed bumps all over my face. My face is so dry that I can barely move it, it hurts. I can't even put moisturizer on it that it hurts so bad.

Never again will I ever buy any of these products again. I'm on my 3rd day and I haven't used the face wash. The swelling has gone down a tad bit but since I got some face wash in my eyes my eyes are bloodshot red and burning. Waiting for my doctor's appt later today to help me fix this situation. But believe me I will never ever buy Neutrogena products again and I will also let my friends and family know as well that this stuff is full of chemicals that can literally burn your face off. Not a happy camper.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I was using the cream for 3 weeks and it seems like it was working. Until suddenly my skin started having blotchy red, burning and itchy patches. It was also like dry. All where I applied the cream. Couldn't understand why after 3 wks it started doing this. When I tried to apply more... the skin felt like it was on fire. Now I'm putting olive oil on it to ease the pain as it feels like it was burned. Hope it goes away soon.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

On my birthday a few days ago, I bought Neutrogena Deep Clean facial cleanser. Worst mistake of my life. I woke up the next day with my eyes swollen shut and a horribly gritty rash all over my face. I was rushed to a medical facility and given a steroid shot. My face feels like it is on fire and it's very difficult to keep my eyes open because of the facial swelling. I contacted Neutrogena through Facebook and they asked that I call their toll free number to discuss my reaction. I did call and was asked numerous questions which felt like they were trying to rule out the possibility of this being product related.

My doctor confirmed that it was indeed this product that caused this horrible reaction. Neutrogena offered to refund the cost of the product, which is nice, but what I'd like is some honesty. I specifically asked if there were reports of others with this experience and she said that there were reports of some "redness" but nothing like my case. I'd like to know if anyone else has had this type of reaction. Pictures are before I used the product, then during the reaction and then one of me at the doctor's office to get a steroid injection.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I purchased the Neutrogena Oil Free Pink Grapefruit and Scrub from the Wal-Mart Market in Bossier City on 01/01/2018. I used it for the first time that evening before going to bed. Yesterday, 01/02/2018, I noticed my eyes felt overly irritated and that my skin was super dry and beginning to lightly flake. I came home not knowing what was causing it and washed my makeup off with the cleanser. BIG MISTAKE. Less than 2 hours later my left eye started to swell and weep uncontrollable. I thought I was getting pink eye honestly. Through the night last night I tossed and turned, my face continued to itch and swell. When I got up this morning (01/03/2018) to go to work, I took a shower and could barely open my left eye. Also I noticed that my right eye appeared to be swelling and there was burn like blemishes on my left cheek.

I literally took a photo of my face and sent it to my nurse. She told me to be in the office to see my PCP first thing. He looked at me and immediately said I was suffering an allergic reaction and chemical burns. He asked me what new I was using on my face and that is when it clicked. We sat together and Googled the products and there are horror stories all over the internet. WHY IS THIS PRODUCT STILL BEING SOLD TO THE PUBLIC??? AND WHY ISN'T THERE A CLASS LAWSUIT??? Now I'm out of work today, out medical bills, out money for product that is dangerous, and a chemical burn could scar. SHAME ON YOU, NEUTROGENA.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My neck and both elbow pits became red and itchy the same day after I used Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash for the first time. It took several days to figure out that it was this product which caused an allergic reaction, but still not sure about the exact component.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I washed my face with the pink grapefruit acne soap Tuesday night. Thursday morning my face was burning. I threw some makeup on and went to work. I was in horrible pain that night. Just as bad Friday. My face just burned and it’s all red and blotchy. Looks horrible. Now this morning it doesn’t burn as bad but parts of my face are extremely dry like sandpaper. I’ve been using baby lotion on my face constantly which my Dr. said is good. She said if it itches get ** cream. Had to call her again this morning because now my eyes are all dry itchy hurting. It feels like I have pink eye. So now I’m off to the store to get eye drops which I’m praying will help. At least my face doesn’t hurt as badly today. Stay away from this product!!! I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. I washed my face with this one time! Just one time. My Dr. said it should clear up in seven days. I’m doubtful on that.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I bought this Neutrogena Blackheads eliminating Facial Scrubs in HK since I am running out of facial wash. On the first time I used it, I felt little itchy but I ignored it. Then when I woke up the next morning I felt a little swollen on my right eye but I just ignored it because I thought it will just go. I went out to roam around then went back to my hotel and washed up using again the Neutrogena. That time I can already feel that both eyes are a little puffy and my skin seem a little dry.

I woke up the next morning and my eyes are swollen shut and my face is swollen. I was even worried because I need to fly back. I was wearing shades the whole day to hide my swollen face. It was a nightmare! I was supposed to enjoy my trip but because of this facial wash I did not. How can they sell this to the market! Up to now, I wasn't able to report to work since I need to medicate my swollen face and take antihistamine. Urggg, this product needs to be thrown. You can destroy someone's face.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

NEUTROGENA Oil-Free Acne Wash, PINK GRAPEFRUIT FOAMING WASH - I bought this product for the first time as I was having breakout issues on my face. I used it on the first evening before bed and then the next morning. My skin felt a little dry and unusually tight, put my makeup on and went out that evening, cleansed my face again with the NEUTROGENA that evening before bed, and when I woke the next morning I could not see out of my eyes as they were so swollen and my face was incredibly and frightening swollen. I cried I couldn't believe how bad my eyes and face were. My skin was like sandpaper and very scaly.

I could not go outside for 5 days. My husband bought anti-inflammatory drops for my eyes. Never before have I ever reacted to a product in my life like this. People stay away from this company. I also never realized that this product is distributed by JOHNSON & JOHNSON. If this can affect you like this tell me how much research has gone into the contents of this chemical-based product and how dangerous it is.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I have used Neutrogena products in the past with no issues. The day I purchased these products, I used the night cream, and then the next morning showered and used the day cream and that night my face and neck became extremely red and itchy. I had really bad reaction even 2 days later. I did not reapply. I had to take an anti itching prescription medication to get relief from the intense itch, redness and swelling. **I will NEVER BUY Neutrogena products again, EVER!**

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I tried Neutrogena's pink grapefruit foaming scrub and used it for 2 days, on the 3rd day I woke up with extremely dry, red face and neck. As the day has gone on my face feels even worse. It feels so tight and I have broken out into these little white looking zits on my chin and upper lip. My skin feels like scaly sandpaper. I have never had a reaction like this to any product! After reading other reviews that I am not the only one experiencing these issues, this product needs to be taken off the shelf, it's a nightmare.

Neutrogena Company Information