2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

3.8/5 (330 ratings)

About Neutrogena

Neutrogena Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Neutrogena is a name that people trust. Some products not allergenic... I would love more color options and a clear picture of their stance on animal testing. I have never been unhappy with a purchase of their products

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

The only issue I have is cost. Their specialty products seem to be priced high. As a novice I wonder if the cost is appropriate for the quality or they are just pricing the same as other manf/pharm.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Neutrogena has a good reputation, well earned. It is a clean product, well priced and greatly helps my dry skin. It has been used for many years with good results; I have recommended it to my daughters who also are pleased.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I have used Neutrogena for many years. They offer selective products for every concern and any age. Neutrogena is available at most stores, too. I will continue to use.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I use their wrinkle cream on my face and I shave everyday. It seems to keep down. I buy it on Amazon, very good product. Not expensive the was about $16.00.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

The only makeup I tried was the lipstick and eyeshadow. Both products were a little on the pricey side but the eyeshadow lasted for most of the night. I didn't like the lipstick. Had to keep reapplying.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I love their sunscreens and their eye cream. Their lotions are lightweight, you don’t feel heavy after applying, no greasiness, and their prices are fantastic.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Neutrogena is a quality brand; I usually purchase cosmetic items when they are on sale and I have a coupon on top of that. By doing this, it's more affordable than purchasing at regular store prices.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Neutrogena has a really good anti aging cream. I like the feeling and the texture. I use it daily at night for my anti aging cream has a lot of retinol in it and it works great.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

You can use the product with ease. There's a nice variety of products for every need. Always looks great on. I have sensitive skin and have never had a problem.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

At 62 and with combination/dry skin, an evening nourisher is important, but I could never use one without a breakout of pimples and aggravating the rosacea I have struggled with over the last two years. I have been using a variety of the Neutrogena night and day creams containing advanced anti-aging ingredients for the past 4 months and have had no breakouts. I have also not had any signs of rosacea. My skin is tighter, both deep and fine lines have decreased, and it feels great!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I enjoyed the light feeling of the makeup and coverage to make me look more youthful. I have always loved Neutrogena products and have used the face wash since I was 18 - that's over 40 years and I am still happy with it.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Neutrogena is ok but need more choices for colored skin. Had a hard time finding the color that would blend with my skin but other than that it is a pretty good product.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Flawless, price ok. Great for sensitive skin, which I have. Color selection is wonderful! Very natural looking. I have tried expensive brands that were good, but foundations are overpriced.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Ladies this is a trusted brand. This product is reliable, consistent, well known, and a product that does not leave my face oily or greasy. I simply look it and would recommend to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Neutrogena make up does what it says it will on its labels. They make make up that truly helps keep skin clear. The color choices are very practical and not over the top.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Neutrogena always has quality products in my opinion, I have never had a problem with what they say and how to use their products. I am normally skeptical with others companies but even if products are on sale or not, I prefer Neutrogena first.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Although I do not use all Neutrogena products, I am pleased with those I do use. These are creams rather than straight makeup. I particularly like hand and foot creams and lotions.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I like Neutrogena facial cleaning products and their anti-aging products too. Their make-up makes my skin a little oily. And I do not like the way it feels heavy on my face. Their eyeshadow do not really impress me either. Their eyeliner does not stay out very well. And I have tried some of their mascara. Even the waterproof one does not make my eyelashes very full or thick without getting clumpy.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have an immune disease which prevents my pigment from coloring and protecting my facial skin. So I use Neutrogena's Healthy Skin with SPF20 to even my coloring and moisturize. It is not chalky and does the job well! I also use a Neutrogena night cream... love them both.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Neutrogena is a quality product that has good effects for skin improvement and excellent value. The facial soaps are non-drying leaving softened skin while helping to clear away any blemishes. The skin lotions have a creamy texture that provides hydrated skin effects and leaves a soft healthy skin glow.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

After only 4 uses, my Face became EXTREMELY raw and chapped after using Hydro Boost serum and Pore Refining face wash, there is nothing on the packaging about sensitivity even after all the complaints I found on Consumer Affairs website citing same issue. Also read on packaging it's made in China! I Should have read prior to use as I NEVER put Chinese made products on my face with advance knowledge of where made due to the bad reputation they have garnered.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Neutrogena clear skin body wash with exfoliate - I have been using this body soap for a few days now. I don't have much body acne but I do work out a lot so I thought it would be good to make sure the sweat comes off and the exfoliating beads were a nice touch. But holy smokes the first couple days I didn't think anything of the slight itching I started getting on my legs and torso and arms, but after a few days I was in so much agony! Itching, and red bumps all over! It's so painful too waking me up at night. I finally switched last night thinking maybe it's the soap and the itching has slowed down but not completely gone yet. It's pretty gross! I think this soap is good for people who have really bad skin acne, not for everyday use and it should say that!

Original review: June 26, 2018

I spent close to $50.00, and I used it step by step as it stated. I followed the directions to a "T", and I saw nothing, big fat nothing. Some morning I would wake up and I felt like the skin around my eyes got sunburnt and was a little red but wrinkles still not gone. I wasn't looking for a face lift, just wanted the fine lines to disappear or not so clearly seen. I am disappointed, I was looking forward to this working. I was excited to get it home, wash my face and try it, shame it didn't work or even close to working, in my eyes.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Deep clean purifying micellar cleansing water - sensitive skin: The first time using this and omg I wish I had read the reviews first! My face is on fire, it's bright red and swollen. I have sensitive skin, yes, but I bought a product for sensitive skin. I have never experienced this with any other product. My face hurts and feels leathery. I've rinsed and washed and rinsed again and it's still burning. Neutrogena it's clear your products continuously harm people on a regular basis, it's obvious that this is not specific to me. So why do you continue to make such damaging products? People do not use these harsh products on your skin! If you do, be warned.

Original review: June 22, 2018

My mother purchased today Neutrogena naturals purifying cleanser. 3 minutes later her whole face was burnt, with bumps and red as a tomato. Not only have we rushed to the hospital but I am amused to see how many complaints this & many other products of Neutrogena are on here & the company Johnson & Johnson has no decency to warn its buyers of the ingredient that apparently has messed up the face of many women. It should be labeled on their product the risks it contains. Please be careful, your beautiful face can be ruined!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I have been using Neutrogena for many years and up until this (Neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair cream) was satisfied. I don't know what changed but this one tore my face up. I tried it and my face got very red and peeled so I put it back and waited a good while and thought it had to be something else that caused the problem. So I tried it on half my face. I woke up in the middle of the night with my hands itching like crazy. In the morning the half of my face that was treated was red and swollen. Then my whole body started itching, especially my hands and my face swelled on both sides. I am still itching and intend going to a doctor to see if I can get something for that itching. I did call the company and they sent me about four dollars worth of coupons which I will never use.

Original review: May 23, 2018

This is what they sent to me after they emailed me to review their Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Dark Spot Corrector that I had purchased: "It is the word "Disappointed, plus the two sentences following". It cannot be published to the website, but...our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time! Submit something new." Disappointed. I have been faithfully using it for three weeks for two dark spots on my face, and I have not seen any results at all. Not even a little bit.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Was using facial wipes since last year from time to time as I do not use makeup very often. However, I developed a severe reaction, blotchy, burning skin on face, neck, and top torso of my body. My skin was dry, flaky, and literally falling off, I would leave powder skin everywhere. I have been to numerous doctors, have had lab work done, seen an allergist, dermatologist, and still am dealing with is skin issue. All I have now is medical bills that are piling up. And when I saw the pictures posted online of what people look like using this product, I realize it's also me! Someone needs to look into this company and fast before more people get disfigured using their products!

Original review: May 15, 2018

My husband Steve who has used this shave cream for years, purchased Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Shave Cream NEW formula last fall... And immediately he got big RED blotchy hives all over his face, his neck... It was bad. He was in very bad pain. I contacted the company. This stuff should be outlawed. And if they test on animals... BEAGLES>>> I will dislike them even more. Investigate what companies use Dogs to test on. It is not Humane to do this. Companies that test on animals should be outlawed. If we got this reaction to their products... can you imagine the suffering that lab dogs go through...

Neutrogena Company Information