3.6/5 (128 ratings)

About Neutrogena

Neutrogena Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Recently I had bought Neutrogena’s Oil-Free Acne Wash since it says ON THE BOTTLE #1 recommended right. WRONG! My face and eyes have been swollen for almost 2 days now. I have stopped using the product. I have only used it for a total of 2 days. First day I used it everything seemed great. I loved how soft feeling it was on my face. That morning I woke up, looked in the mirror and had broken out in acne 10xs the amount I went to bed with. Not only that but the face & eyes were so swollen even when I tried to fully open my eyes they were still tiny slits. Every person & skin type is different. But I should of definitely read the reviews on this product before purchasing! Now I am still icing my face & taking Benadryl to make the sweeping go down. What a complete nightmare this was????

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I liked using it until I read the full list of ingredients. It contains parabens. I wish I could finish the jar. But I am too afraid. I want a safe product to use on my skin. Please give me some advice.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

After using the Liquid oil-free eye makeup remover I experienced inflammation, burning/itching sensation and swelling of both eyes. I went to my doctor and am taking a tapered dose of **. Buyer beware!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

While this product seems to do the job fairly well, it's the dispenser that doesn't work properly and causes a consumer to not want to buy this product. It's very difficult to open the dispenser without actually breaking it. I attempted to leave a review on their website, where I noticed quite a few similar complaints from other customers asking for assistance on how to open the product. After I wrote my review, it appeared it went through a review stage. And I received an email from Neutrogena that stated they wouldn't publish my review because it didn't meet the website guidelines with no other info.

However, my review was similar to others and was actually kinder than any of the other reviews on their site which complained about the dispenser mechanism. If you can't leave an improvement suggestion on a company's site, how will improvements happen? I can only assume they simply pick and choose the reviews they will publish based on what they feel a consumer should know about their products.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I bought the face wash to treat acne, knowing that Neutrogena is a well known brand. First time, I used at night before I went to bed. Woke up next morning with my skin really tight and dry. The acne looked better, so I assumed the dryness was a part of the treatment. By the evening it was starting to get itchy, blotchy and inflamed. Next day, skin looked really inflamed with red hives, and painful and itchy. Near the mouth area it is starting to peel. I usually check reviews before I buy, first time I made a mistake of not checking reviews. :-(

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I've been trying to be in contact with a customer rep for 4 days straight by giving them emails and calls but they never answered! I placed an order 9 days ago but they haven't given me any updates about the order. They literally have the worst customer care service.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Have used these before in the past and really loved them and how afterwards my face was so smooth. Bought another package of the lavender night calming makeup remover cleansing towelettes about a month or so ago and finally opened and used one. And OMG how irritating it was on my skin and my eyes overnight swelled up and my actual eyeballs were red and irritated like I had pink eye or something.

It took two days for the irritation to subside. Don’t know what changed with this product. Or if they cheapened the ingredients in any way for a bigger profit like other companies are doing of late but very disappointed and will have to now look for a safer product to use. Just look at the ingredients on the back of the package! So many! It’s needs to be more pure. Us women put way too many toxins on and in our bodies every day with all our beauty products, that are NOT tested for our safety ENOUGH. I’M OUT and will not be purchasing this product again! I used to trust Neutrogena products for quality, not anymore.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I started using Neutrogena Acne Face Wash two days back and my skin has been very itchy since then. I woke up with a red swollen face and my skin feels very itchy. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I have been using the makeup wipes for years, and I have never had a bad breakout or a bad experience with them. They are my go to wipes when I go into a store, every other brand makes my face red, dry, and once swollen. I highly recommend the wipes from Neutrogena.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

My 13 year old bought this Neutrogena product and used it 2 days. By the evening of the second day she was in near tears from her face first feeling dry and tight to burning, tight and hurting. Smiling brought her to tears. I've since researched and don't know WHY this product is still on the market with these types of complaints.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

This is my first time purchasing this particular product from Neutrogena. I’ve used their toner and liquid foundation before, but never these wipes. I got them prior to going on a trip because the store I was in didn’t have my usual face wipes and I was going to be late for my bus. I tried them that night and the first thing I noticed right away was the overpowering “grapefruit” scent. It hits you like a train and fills the entire room with the smell. I had to hold my breath while using it because it made it difficult to breathe. It felt like inhaling bleach. Even the person I was staying with said they could smell its pungency from across the room. So that was immediately off-putting.

After using it for a few days, I started to notice something else concerning. The cooling effect was starting to become painful. Normally I enjoy that cooling feeling, but this wasn’t the same. Especially when I used it anywhere near my eyes. Even under my eye away from the tear ducts, etc. It was really painful, but because I was traveling, I decided that it was easier to just stick with what I had.

Now, I really have to stop using it, though. My eyes literally swell up as if I’d spent hours crying! It hurts, I can’t open my eyes all the way 20 minutes later and it even feels numb. One eye started to water and I didn’t realize because I literally could not feel the tear until it reached past my under eye. I’ve seen a lot about the foam cleanser, but I’m surprised I can’t find anything on the wipes. These make me nervous!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I've been using an off brand apricot scrub with salicylic acid for years. Recently I thought I'd give my skin a break from harsh exfoliants twice a day and decided to try the Neutrogena grapefruit wash. 1 day after using it my skin is red and irritated with tiny whiteheads all over my chin and cheeks. I will never buy any of their products again after this. I don't know what they're putting in their products but my skin hasn't been this bad for many years. Stay away!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I bought Neutrogena grapefruit face wash and after using for 2 days my skin got red and irritated and it's been 3-4 days. It’s for the first time it has happened to me and I regret why I have chosen this brand. My whole face neck itches a lot???? A very bad experience. I would really appreciate if someone could tell how to cure the same as I have used aloe, ice but nothing improves. Please stop selling this brand.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I was badly in need of a face moisturizer. My skin is sensitive and prior to this I was using the Kaya products which worked very well. However I decided to try the Neutrogena face moisturizer which very clearly says it is noncomedogenic and this fact made me feel very comfortable with buying the product. However after a week of using it, my skin has had a breakout. Nothing has changed in my dietary or other conditions and I'm convinced it's because of the product. Earlier also this had occurred when I used the Neutrogena sunscreen.

I'm completely shocked because these products say they are noncomedogenic and it is beyond my understanding as to how one can have a breakout after using such products! Very disappointed. Will never recommend these products to anyone and I will in fact stop a person from buying the products if I do ever see anyone trying to buy it.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I’ve been using these wipes ever since I started wearing makeup (around 12 years) and everything was fine. Well, a few months ago, I noticed that it started to irritate my skin. Upper eyelid on one of my eye start getting crusty and flakes off (so embarrassing!) and red all around my eyes. Not sure if they recently changed their ingredients, but since then I’ve switched. Such a shame because it was a good product.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

My daughter purchased Neutrogena makeup remover wipes and immediately developed a red, bumpy rash on both of her cheeks. Her face was clear before using these wipes. She still has several itchy spots and is using a prescription medication to help clear up her face. I don't understand why this happened. She has used other brands with no problems at all. This was our first time trying Neutrogena and will never try any of their products again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I started using these products to the extent that I was running out of the ones I brought from my country and that here in the USA I could not find. I decided to go shopping in Neutrogena. I was using a pond foam to wash my face and when it was over I decided to buy Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser product and when I applied it my face turned red and burned. The truth is that no product has ever put my skin like this, I do not know why I put it on like that, because I use the blocker and a moisturizer of this brand and they are good, but with this cleaner I do not know what happened.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I have used Neutrogena’s products before on my face and body. I wanted to try something new on my face because I’ve been having issues with acne lately (I’m 25). Prior to this I was using Vichy face products, but became quite expensive so I figured why not try this product, it’s much cheaper. Honestly, worst mistake ever. I know I have sensitive skin, but I also know I’ve never had a reaction to anything like this before. I used it for only two days along with the oil-free moisturizer and my face became extremely red, irritated, and incredibly itchy (which just irritated my skin more because of the need to scratch it). I will not use this anymore and do not recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin - or even just normal skin in general.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I bought this face scrub a couple of weeks ago, I saw it had a coupon making it slightly cheaper than my normal face wash and I love the smell of grapefruit. However after about a week of using it my face got incredibly dry and irritated, and eventually it covered my whole face in a blotchy red rash that left my skin feeling like the Sahara desert with hives all the way down my neck.

After the first day of having the rash I realized the only thing I’ve recently changed in my routine, products, or diet was this face wash. I stopped using it immediately, but because of how bad the rash was I had to get prescription steroids (cream and oral). I’ve seen a handful of other reviews of people saying the same thing. It looks like they purchased this scrub around the same time, maybe it was a bad batch? In either case if you have sensitive skin I would not recommend this product, and given the other reviews I’m planning to just toss the bottle I purchased out. I’d feel awful if I gave the remaining to a friend and the same thing happened to them. When I left a review of the product on their website they removed it!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I’ve been using Neutrogena products for years and love their soap. Make up is good too. I’ve never had a bad experience using their products.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Neutrogena is a light foundation, I would like a little thicker consistency. It feels a little watery and does not always go on smoothly. Still, the colors are good.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

It's an okay trusting brand, with decent coverage. I have found that it doesn't stay on all day, it's not long wearing. Sometimes the colors are not what I need.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Neutrogena has a variety of products for a variety of skin tones and types. From body oils to acne creams, shampoos, all within a reasonable price range.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Neutrogena makeup is light, and you only need a few drops to cover your face. A little goes a long way. In comparison with other makeups I've tried, Neutrogena's colors or tints are more accurate.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Started using the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Serum because of the hyaluronic acid about one month ago. It goes on smoothly seems to absorb well and makes my skin feel very soft. Haven't seen any difference in my wrinkles yet but maybe it takes awhile longer.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I am starting to show my age... 56. The small lines and wrinkles that begin around your 40's... they get deeper if you don't take care of your face. So... Neutrogena has the best of the best AND for the best price. Trust me on this because I have used some of the doctor 'made' stuff that costs up to and in some cases over 100 dollars just for one bottle or jar of moisturizer, etc. Their makeup is great. It covers well and never cakey looking on us older gals. It also makes my face very soft and smooth when I use any of their products. Even the all over body lotions feels just as great as the high dollar stuff. I am not saying the high dollar stuff doesn't work but why pay those prices if you don't have to and Neutrogena makes it possible for women like me, on a budget, look and feel just as good as anything that cost 100 dollars or more.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Neutrogena has not enough colors or shades for people of color so it’s hard to be happy with two shades to blend and others just buy one shade. I really like the products but the makeup doesn’t work well on darker complexions.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

The quality is up there (if not better) with most high-end cosmetics (Chanel, etc.). Price wise Neutrogena is cheaper than Sephora.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Product name is well recognized for its good results. I have used Neutrogena products for many years. Various selections for all types of skin and skin problems.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Neutrogena used to be a great inexpensive brand with good quality. Now the price has gone up and the quality has gone down. I used the product all of the time before and now I never purchased it.

Neutrogena Company Information