3.96/5
Based on 1,051 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Neutrogena

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Neutrogena Reviews

Original review: June 15, 2019

I purchased Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair and before two weeks of using my face was dry, burning, itching and a rash. I have never had a cream do this in all my life. I am 73 with very few wrinkles and have taken care of my skin my whole life. I have fair skin and I was excited to use this. I quit using this four days ago and my face around both sides of my chin is still broken out, itching all the time and burning. I have a good complexion and never have breakouts, not even when I was younger. I would not recommend this product to any fair skinned person.

I called the company and the representative ask me when I purchased it, which I knew, the bar code and then wanted to know how many times I have used it and then wanted to know my age and the prescriptions I was taking. I told her I haven't had any new prescriptions since 2016 and thought that was unreal that she would ask such personal questions. I will never buy another cream by Neutrogena!

Original review: June 10, 2019

I used these products twice, the first time in the shower (seemingly no reaction), then the next night over the sink, woke up the next day with this dry textured red rash along my face. I am more convinced it was the scrub that lead to the reaction (I believe the ingredients may be too strong to be used as an over the counter exfoliator that says to use at least once a day and up to 2-3 times a day). I think this needs better labeling and should not be encouraging their customers to be exfoliating with this product 2-3 times a day (rather just once or twice a week). I have NEVER had an reaction to any facial wash or scrub before, so this is odd. My face feels like it would after being exposed in the sun without protection, so a bad sunburn that is raw and dry and textured. Note: I have not been in the sun so there is no way this is a sunburn. If I can attach a picture, I will.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: May 29, 2019

After the third day of using the moisturizer, my face had severe hives, was extremely red, and I had pimples all over my cheeks which I never have. My face was burning and itchy. Will stick with Clinique.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I need to warn everyone to please, please spot test these products first. I found that I get allergic reactions to Neutrogena products a few years ago when I broke out in painful itchy hives all along my jawline after using a liquid cleanser. Then I used a moisturizer by them not long after and my face turned itchy and red like crazy. Now just recently I picked up the facial cleansing bar thinking it would be lighter (less ingredients, fragrance free). I now have spots of hives all over my face including under my eyes and all over my forehead. The common denominator? Neutrogena. I used to go "oh, some people have allergies, can't be me" at things like this but my GOD, for the love of God, please don't just slather this stuff on! I'm sure it works for many, hence the extra star, but IT COULD BE YOU!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I use to love Neutrogena so I tried the Hydro Boost. From the first time I got like an allergic reaction but didn't think much about it. After a week of using this product I am now SURE it is this product and stopped. Still my face is swollen, red, itchy, hot, burning and I feel miserable. I spent last night and this morning repeatedly dunking my face in cold water because that is the only thing making it temporarily feel better. I just pray this passes soon and I will NEVER buy Neutrogena again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?

Original review: May 5, 2019

I have been using expensive cleansers for a couple years & decided to give Neutrogena a try as I was browsing the supermarket aisle. I know their oil-free wash has been on the market forever, so I figured it had to be decent for its price. WRONG! I only used it 3 days & my face is beyond repair. The folds of my nose and the skin around my mouth is extremely tight, dry, flaking, & peeling. I’ve tried using moisturizing washes, creams, hyaluronic acid, & cortisone to clear up the dry, scaly, painful patches without success. I can’t believe the amount of damage this cleanser did in just 3 washes. I recommend staying far away from this cleanser if you value your skin.

Original review: May 2, 2019

My 10 year old daughter now has red burn scabs all over her forehead from using this product ONCE. It burned her skin immediately, and then she woke up with these red scabs all over her forehead. The company has known about this for at least a few years and still does not even have so much as a warning on the package!!! DO NOT USE THESE. They are horrible and shouldn’t even be on the market!!!

Original review: April 18, 2019

My husband bought the Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne product & used it. He scrubbed/rinsed with regular soap afterwards. Even after doing so, it completely ruined our bed set- bleached it. Brand new bedding that we got from our wedding. We called customer service & explained everything. They told us there was nothing they could do because the warning label says "avoid contact with fabric, as it may bleach". Again my husband washed after use with other soap & it still bleached our sheets & pillow cases. Obviously you put this product on your face/body & you are going to go to sleep at some point. How else could this have been prevented?? They obviously do not care about their customers as long as they're 'covered' even though that warning is NOT clear & should not cover them. Now we are stuck with $175 worth of brand new stuff that had been ruined thanks to this product. If I could post photos of our bedding now I would.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Been using Neutrogena face lotion for years. This year something very traumatizing happened to my face. I finally after several months of going through Hell, missing work, going to the Doctor, being on steroids and not being able to even leave my house, figured out what it was. Neutrogena!!! Huge red swollen itchy scaly “weeping” patches all over my face, eyes burning and swollen nearly shut! These patches were actual deep red “burns” on my eyelids, cheeks and chin! Narrowing it down with the help of my Doctor was a HUGE ordeal! Thank GOD I’ve finally discovered what it was! I literally broke down in tears when I realized what it was! PLEASE PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!!! I cannot stress enough! This company owes me and soo many others more than just an apology! The pain, discomfort, missed work, embarrassment etc. has been monumental!!! I cannot describe the relief I feel knowing that this is finally over...

Original review: April 5, 2019

After several months of wondering why my face was so red and burning every time I got out of the shower, I discovered through researching on this site, that maybe it was the body wash I was using. I assumed it was windburn or cold, dry winter air wreaking havoc on my skin. It never got better. It didn't itch, just severe redness and a rash once on my chin with little bumps. So I decided to stop using it, the first time using just water, problem solved! I've used Neutrogena products in the past with no problems, something has changed. I also use their facial cleanser. Not anymore. It's only been one day, but my skin already feels so much better not using the products.

Neutrogena Company Information