4.0/5 (478 ratings)

About Neutrogena

Neutrogena Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I can’t believe there is no warning in the label. I got a severe reaction every time I applied it—swollen eyes, skin irritation around my eyelids and below my eyebrows, and pain! At first, I was going crazy trying to figure out what was causing my allergic reaction (makeup products, face cleanser, and so on). I even went to an eye doctor. But after removing everything, I tried using this only and I still got the reaction. I do not recommend this product at all.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

I purchased a face wash and eyeliner from Neutrogena, and was strongly influenced to do so based on the super positive reviews. The eyeliner was dry and clumpy and the face wash caused me a lot of irritation and dryness. The company reached out to me to review these products, so I gave each about 2 stars and explained what I didn’t like about them in a polite and honest way. Neutrogena wrote me back that they will not post either review. Now I’m understanding why I only saw positive reviews about their items. What a dishonest company.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I had acne on my jawline, I used the Neutrogena face wash for three days and the bumps seem to start the diminish. I used it morning and night like the directions say. After using it for 3 day, I woke up 4th day and my face felt itchy. My face also felt really tight and dry, so I go look in the mirror and my face and eyes are swollen. My eyes look as if a bumblebee stung my eyes overnight almost swollen shut!! I am going to get ** to see if it will help since I am going on vacation tomorrow. My face looks horrible! This is a disaster!!

Original review: April 1, 2021

I brought the product thinking that it was going to be a great product. I Used the product 2 days straight. 2 Days later my face was on fire, itching, and irritated. I had to wash my face repeatedly and plaster it with Vaseline. And I didn't select the star. That one star can be for the smell.

Original review: March 8, 2021

This face wash is horrible. I only used it once but within 10 minutes of using it my whole entire face, neck and ears starting itching badly. Now it’s day two and I’m still itching. It feels like I walked into a spider’s web or like something is crawling across parts of my face. I also feel tightness and I have splotches of red patches on my face and neck. This product should be banned!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I like how they incorporate skincare acids in their products. I loved the texture & smell, but it burned my face badly. It looked as though I had a sunburn for a few hours after use. When I tried to write a review on their website, I got an email soon after telling me my review was declined.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

My mother bought me Neutrogena deep wash face cleaner for Christmas. I used it last night and after I was done my face started burning. When I woke up this morning my face is swollen. I just read up on people using neutrogena products that this also happened to. I will never use this brand again.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I used Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser on Saturday night. I woke up Sunday morning and my eyes were almost swollen shut, and my face was burning. It is now Monday night and I am still experiencing the same issues. I have taken multiple allergy medications with no result. I do not have sensitive skin, and have never experienced a reaction like this before. I am not using any other medications on my skin. Do not use this product.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I use nothing but Neutrogena products. Very please with moisturizer, foundation, and sunblock. All apply easily and completely and work very well.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

Excellent product line. Products for all kinds of skin care - dry to anti-aging. Mascara is only one I am able to use; others dry my eyes out. No added perfumes.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Very disappointed in Neutrogena. This product is definitely not rapid at repairing not even the finest lines. Don’t waste your money.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I bought this product four days ago as my acne was getting bad. After first use my eye swollen I thought it was a bug, my thought never went onto face wash, after second day using this white bumps all over my face and I stopped using this product and didn’t put anything on my face for few days. It didn’t go away. Today I bought hyderm 1%. Hopefully it works. Worst product for your skin. I’m so scared of my skin to look in mirror. This is very very scary.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Let me just start by saying. I do not have sensitive skin. I have used some questionable products in the past. But still, my skin has never reacted badly to any product before. However, after only using the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser twice, my skin started burning, and became tender to the touch. Needless to say, I stopped using it immediately. But it got worse and my face continued to develop small bumps all over. Now it's been 3 days since I stopped and my skin still resembles the texture of sandpaper. It is so itchy and has even started peeling in some places near my mouth and nose.

I knew it was the face wash since it's the only thing I changed. So I did some research and found out MULTIPLE users had similar bad reactions to this product! There are articles about it on Cosmopolitan and Buzzfeed even. I don't usually write reviews but in this instance, I felt it was important. I tried to post an honest review about my experience on the Neutrogena website, but they refused to publish it, which I found to be very shady.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

So I've been looking up, down, left right and center for a face wash that works for my skin. My face is very combination of oily and dry and I decided to do a little research about my skin type and what the best facial cleansers or face washes would be the best for my skin for an affordable price. As I scrolled through multiple websites Neutrogena's pink grapefruit acne face wash always came up. It explained the effects it was supposed to have on your skin and it sounded like it was the perfect fit so I decided to try it for the 1st time.... and O M G.... BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER.My skin isn't very prone to being on the sensitive side, And I've tried it least over a 100 different products for my face and never in my life out of every different type of cleanser, toner, cream etc have I ever experienced a reaction let alone a reaction like the one had when I used this face wash.

On the back of the bottle it To test on a couple small areas on your skin that you're having problems with to see If it's a fit for your skin are not so I tested it and I had no reactions the first time.... I only used a tiny bit on my nose (which is/was one of my biggest problem areas) and it was ok. So before I went to bed I decided to use it on my face where it was needed since my skin seemed to be okay..... WELL. The 2nd I put it on my skin and I started to wash my face I could feel the stinging getting more intense. I instantly got worried and started immediately rinsing it off as thoroughly as I possibly could. It then continued to sting and burn my skin and gave me a horrible dry, flaky rash all over my face (mostly mt T-zone, chin, around mouth, nose and between and around brows).

I then, proceeded to try to calm my skin down because, at this point I was scared I needed to go to the emergency room... but I decided to try using my pure aloe vera gel (from my plant) and pure almond oil, to make a quick natural, and gentle mask type thing to calm the irritation/redness, burning and dryness my skin was experiencing. Left that on for a 5 mins and rinsed off and the burning had died down a lot (it works for my skin, but may not work for every skin type) but it was still burning and stinging a bit.... along with the rash still being there I had to put a freezer gel pack on my face to cool it down because it was even hot to touch my face.

All in all I was shocked at how badly it became. Over the past couple days now my face feels like sand paper which is an understatement bit the best description I can use... it is just.... so rough and dry. Mind you the almond oil and aloe vera face mask I made has helped A LOT for me and bring the moisture back and not being harsh on my skin.

But unfortunately I got a couple blisters from the rash....and what I believe looks like a slight case of chemical burn... and they're located above my upper lip right under my nose and very dry and is flaking there as well as around my mouth and chin, all over my nose and between my brows. I still have the rash and stinging/burning but its not as bad thanks to my DIY face mask.

PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND NEVER EVER USE THIS FACE WASH... Do not put yourself or face through that pain, or the wasted money. Now I can't speak for all neutrogena products. I haven't tried a lot but, I have never reacted to anything I've ever tried and I've tried a lot but that face wash is a definite no go and they need to seriously tackle this issue And rethink their ingredients. I don't know what the hell they have in that thing but that face wash is the worst face wash product I have ever used and I will NEVER use their products again. I am personally just too scared. And I will be filing a complaint about this to their customer service.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Bought product and thought it would be great. Used it the first day and felt some tingling. I used it the next morning thinking it was just the exfoliating effect. Within a few hours it was red and blistered. By the next morning my my face was swollen, peeling in spots and I was on fire! I’ve been using cool packs and ointment with zinc and finally have gotta a little relief. Do not buy this product. The pain is miserable.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I will be posting pictures if they let me. I was upfront about their dermabrasion machine giving me blackheads and making my scars and pores more visible. They decided they didn’t want people to see it or to be held accountable so they denied my honest review. Run from these people as fast as you can. I had to find a peel to fix what this thing did.

Original review: March 17, 2020

So I started using “Neutrogena Deep Clean“ gel facial cleanser 3 days ago. Right after I used it I felt my face become super tight and had a dry/itchy feeling. I didn’t think much of it, but the next morning I was horrified. I’m now day 4 after using this face wash and my skin has a huge red rash all over my chin!!! It looks like tiny whiteheads all over my chin area. At first I thought it may just be a random really bad breakout... But it didn’t make any sense. So of course I went to research the product since it was the only new thing I’ve used on my skin. I found all these reviews of chemical burns and similar stories. Obviously I will not continue using this product, and I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE!!!! But now I’m not sure how to get rid of this rash/ allergic reaction... Help!!?

Original review: March 10, 2020

I used the products for a couple of days, on the third use when I put the cream on my eye area the skin on my eyelids started burning. I had to wash the area with cold water to get come relief from the burning. When I woke up the next morning my upper and lower eye area was swollen and red. I had to get cortisone cream for the chemical burns and take allergy pills to try and reduce the swelling. It is now a week later and the skin on my eyelids are still peeling and they have dry wrinkles that were never there before using the products. I am hoping it has not permanently damaged the skin. Please be aware that this is a very strong product. If your skin is sensitive or thinning from aging this is not a good product for you.

Original review: March 10, 2020

There is only enough product in the pencil to use approximately times 10 times. I have a few white hairs in my eyebrows and I am Blond, so I purchased Blond #10 pencil and after only using it approximately 10 times it was gone. I used to buy the much cheaper Maybelline (red) pencils but it was difficult trying to find Blond, but I will go back to the cheapest brands because they are solid and last a lot longer. I assumed that Neutrogena would have more product in that long pencil but it turned out to be a rip off just L'Oreal and a couple of other expensive brands I've used. I buy and like Neutrogena skin and anti wrinkle products and have bought them for years, maybe it's time for a change from Neutrogena.

Sincerely, Paula **

Original review: March 7, 2020

Neutrogena has taken out the applicator in their powder foundation makeup. The makeup is one of the best I've ever used but I will probably look for a different one because I am so disappointed in this decision with no warning on packaging and still charging the same price for the product. Not to mention the inconvenience. I wrote a review on their site about this and although it was very similar to other reviews, they refused to post it. They're obviously trying to censor criticism and do not care about the needs of their customers.

Original review: March 2, 2020

Why is this product on the market? I have used retinol, HA and peptides in the past with no issues. The Neutrogena night and serum products have ruined my skin. In particular after only one use my neck was covered (still is) with a painful, dark and irritated rash, which in turn has never gone away. The rash is permanent and I am now forced to spend money to treat it. It’s awful, painful, irritated and has ruined my skin. This product is dangerous and has permanently scarred me. This product is dangerous.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Neutrogena has decided to eliminate the applicator pad from product. I went on vacation and opened a new powder that I purchased. There was no label saying that the applicator is now not included. Prices have raised and product is cheaper. I called customer service when I got home and they said they have eliminated the applicator to reduce the environmental impact. I guess they expect us to rub the whole mineral powder on our face. Poor customer service. I will no longer purchase their products!!!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

Purchased this product on sale at Sams on 1/22/2020. Started using as directed once in morning and again at night. Woke up on 1/30/20202 with swollen red blotches all over my face. When I went to put cream it started to burn. I immediately washed my face with plain water but the burning was still there. My face was all swollen especially around my eyes. I then called my dermatologist and they were not able to see me. They told me to go to Urgent care for treatment immediately. Went to urgent care where I was told to use a another lotion to soothe the burning and antibiotics as well as steroids to reduce the swelling. And to put cold compression on my eyes to minimize any damage. Never in my wildest dreams would I have suspected that a company this big could get away with not having to put warning signs like they do for medication. Hope I don’t suffer any permanent damage.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Having used Neutrogena products for several yrs now this 62 yr old woman’s ONLY regret is not using it sooner. Customer Service is FANTASTIC! For you folks that think it’s miracle cream, it’s not. I’ve noted w/ regular use of the serum, ???? along w/ the, regenerating cream that these products do as advertised! They absolutely reduce the appearance of fine lines! I’ve tried other products from low cost to high end. NEUTROGENA is fantastic. I’ve had one minor issue, caused by my own error, in overusing the serum. Follow directions. Any questions call them! Great products. Excellent customer service. Enjoy!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

After 2-3 uses I woke up with swollen eyes, swollen face, tight itchy burning rough skin that began to peel after 2 days. I was so embarrassing looking that I didn’t leave my house and I had to stay in bed all day due to the irritation.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

The hubs bought me the whole set for Christmas. The cream, the serum, the night cream and A few packs of the wipes. I have used it for 20 days and the first two weeks with no issues. The hubs said my skin looked smoother and some of my fine lines started looking less pronounced. I was ecstatic. Then the past couple days, the sides of my eyes started getting really irritated And I look like I have slight burn marks and welts and I have a small rash on my cheek. I have not changed anything other than adding this to my routine. I barely wear makeup and anything else I have used for a long time causes no issues.

My mother also received the cream for Christmas and the first two days her eyes swelled up and has only gotten worse if she continues to use it. (She thought maybe it was maybe a different environmental allergy.) She has since stopped using It. I tried one more time for good measure today and as I type this, my face and forehead are itching. Odd that it took this long for a reaction, but beware of any signs on it our skin after use. It is more than likely from this product. I kept the boxes and hoping for a swift return. It is 100$ of disappointment.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I used this product twice, thinking my skin on neck had to just "get used to it." My skin looks burned, itches, & hurts. One person actually commented "looks like you tried to hang yourself!" I thought it was just me, then looked online and read all of the negative reactions others had with these products. Terrible!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I use the Vital day, night and wrinkle creams, I am 63 and now get unprompted compliments from friends about looking "refreshed". None of them know I have been applying this regimen for a month now. I am delighted and can 100% say it's worth every cent and I recommend wholeheartedly.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I purchased their Rapid Wrinkle Repair and Retinol oil as advertised. DOESN'T WORK! Plus, an old acne history flared up. I used as directed but was very disappointed. Don't waste your money like I did!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I purchased this eye cream to help with wrinkles and bags under my eyes. When applied, it seemed fine and I have used Neutrogena products for quite a while. Within 24 hours, my under eye area begin to tingle and feel sunburned. It also became horribly itchy and there are burned areas directly under my eyes. Now in day two and the area is swollen and looks like I have hives. I have put olive oil and Vaseline to help with the burned feeling and itching. I look horrible because the bags under my eyes are even more swollen and red. After reading other reviews, I suggest to stay away from this product. I use retin on my face all the time so this is not just a typical reaction to using retinol. Shame on you neutrogena. The chemicals in this product include Sodium Hydroxide which can cause burns to skin.

Neutrogena Company Information