2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

3.9/5 (435 ratings)

About Neutrogena

Neutrogena Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?

Original review: April 30, 2020

I will be posting pictures if they let me. I was upfront about their dermabrasion machine giving me blackheads and making my scars and pores more visible. They decided they didn’t want people to see it or to be held accountable so they denied my honest review. Run from these people as fast as you can. I had to find a peel to fix what this thing did.

Original review: March 17, 2020

So I started using “Neutrogena Deep Clean“ gel facial cleanser 3 days ago. Right after I used it I felt my face become super tight and had a dry/itchy feeling. I didn’t think much of it, but the next morning I was horrified. I’m now day 4 after using this face wash and my skin has a huge red rash all over my chin!!! It looks like tiny whiteheads all over my chin area. At first I thought it may just be a random really bad breakout... But it didn’t make any sense. So of course I went to research the product since it was the only new thing I’ve used on my skin. I found all these reviews of chemical burns and similar stories. Obviously I will not continue using this product, and I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE!!!! But now I’m not sure how to get rid of this rash/ allergic reaction... Help!!?

Original review: March 10, 2020

I used the products for a couple of days, on the third use when I put the cream on my eye area the skin on my eyelids started burning. I had to wash the area with cold water to get come relief from the burning. When I woke up the next morning my upper and lower eye area was swollen and red. I had to get cortisone cream for the chemical burns and take allergy pills to try and reduce the swelling. It is now a week later and the skin on my eyelids are still peeling and they have dry wrinkles that were never there before using the products. I am hoping it has not permanently damaged the skin. Please be aware that this is a very strong product. If your skin is sensitive or thinning from aging this is not a good product for you.

Original review: March 10, 2020

There is only enough product in the pencil to use approximately times 10 times. I have a few white hairs in my eyebrows and I am Blond, so I purchased Blond #10 pencil and after only using it approximately 10 times it was gone. I used to buy the much cheaper Maybelline (red) pencils but it was difficult trying to find Blond, but I will go back to the cheapest brands because they are solid and last a lot longer. I assumed that Neutrogena would have more product in that long pencil but it turned out to be a rip off just L'Oreal and a couple of other expensive brands I've used. I buy and like Neutrogena skin and anti wrinkle products and have bought them for years, maybe it's time for a change from Neutrogena.

Sincerely, Paula **

Original review: March 7, 2020

Neutrogena has taken out the applicator in their powder foundation makeup. The makeup is one of the best I've ever used but I will probably look for a different one because I am so disappointed in this decision with no warning on packaging and still charging the same price for the product. Not to mention the inconvenience. I wrote a review on their site about this and although it was very similar to other reviews, they refused to post it. They're obviously trying to censor criticism and do not care about the needs of their customers.

Original review: March 2, 2020

Why is this product on the market? I have used retinol, HA and peptides in the past with no issues. The Neutrogena night and serum products have ruined my skin. In particular after only one use my neck was covered (still is) with a painful, dark and irritated rash, which in turn has never gone away. The rash is permanent and I am now forced to spend money to treat it. It’s awful, painful, irritated and has ruined my skin. This product is dangerous and has permanently scarred me. This product is dangerous.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Neutrogena has decided to eliminate the applicator pad from product. I went on vacation and opened a new powder that I purchased. There was no label saying that the applicator is now not included. Prices have raised and product is cheaper. I called customer service when I got home and they said they have eliminated the applicator to reduce the environmental impact. I guess they expect us to rub the whole mineral powder on our face. Poor customer service. I will no longer purchase their products!!!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

Purchased this product on sale at Sams on 1/22/2020. Started using as directed once in morning and again at night. Woke up on 1/30/20202 with swollen red blotches all over my face. When I went to put cream it started to burn. I immediately washed my face with plain water but the burning was still there. My face was all swollen especially around my eyes. I then called my dermatologist and they were not able to see me. They told me to go to Urgent care for treatment immediately. Went to urgent care where I was told to use a another lotion to soothe the burning and antibiotics as well as steroids to reduce the swelling. And to put cold compression on my eyes to minimize any damage. Never in my wildest dreams would I have suspected that a company this big could get away with not having to put warning signs like they do for medication. Hope I don’t suffer any permanent damage.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Having used Neutrogena products for several yrs now this 62 yr old woman’s ONLY regret is not using it sooner. Customer Service is FANTASTIC! For you folks that think it’s miracle cream, it’s not. I’ve noted w/ regular use of the serum, ???? along w/ the, regenerating cream that these products do as advertised! They absolutely reduce the appearance of fine lines! I’ve tried other products from low cost to high end. NEUTROGENA is fantastic. I’ve had one minor issue, caused by my own error, in overusing the serum. Follow directions. Any questions call them! Great products. Excellent customer service. Enjoy!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

After 2-3 uses I woke up with swollen eyes, swollen face, tight itchy burning rough skin that began to peel after 2 days. I was so embarrassing looking that I didn’t leave my house and I had to stay in bed all day due to the irritation.

Neutrogena Company Information