2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

3.9/5 (435 ratings)

About Neutrogena

Neutrogena Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?

Original review: April 1, 2021

I brought the product thinking that it was going to be a great product. I Used the product 2 days straight. 2 Days later my face was on fire, itching, and irritated. I had to wash my face repeatedly and plaster it with Vaseline. And I didn't select the star. That one star can be for the smell.

Original review: March 8, 2021

This face wash is horrible. I only used it once but within 10 minutes of using it my whole entire face, neck and ears starting itching badly. Now it’s day two and I’m still itching. It feels like I walked into a spider’s web or like something is crawling across parts of my face. I also feel tightness and I have splotches of red patches on my face and neck. This product should be banned!!

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I like how they incorporate skincare acids in their products. I loved the texture & smell, but it burned my face badly. It looked as though I had a sunburn for a few hours after use. When I tried to write a review on their website, I got an email soon after telling me my review was declined.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

My mother bought me Neutrogena deep wash face cleaner for Christmas. I used it last night and after I was done my face started burning. When I woke up this morning my face is swollen. I just read up on people using neutrogena products that this also happened to. I will never use this brand again.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I used Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser on Saturday night. I woke up Sunday morning and my eyes were almost swollen shut, and my face was burning. It is now Monday night and I am still experiencing the same issues. I have taken multiple allergy medications with no result. I do not have sensitive skin, and have never experienced a reaction like this before. I am not using any other medications on my skin. Do not use this product.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I use nothing but Neutrogena products. Very please with moisturizer, foundation, and sunblock. All apply easily and completely and work very well.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

Excellent product line. Products for all kinds of skin care - dry to anti-aging. Mascara is only one I am able to use; others dry my eyes out. No added perfumes.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Very disappointed in Neutrogena. This product is definitely not rapid at repairing not even the finest lines. Don’t waste your money.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I bought this product four days ago as my acne was getting bad. After first use my eye swollen I thought it was a bug, my thought never went onto face wash, after second day using this white bumps all over my face and I stopped using this product and didn’t put anything on my face for few days. It didn’t go away. Today I bought hyderm 1%. Hopefully it works. Worst product for your skin. I’m so scared of my skin to look in mirror. This is very very scary.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Let me just start by saying. I do not have sensitive skin. I have used some questionable products in the past. But still, my skin has never reacted badly to any product before. However, after only using the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser twice, my skin started burning, and became tender to the touch. Needless to say, I stopped using it immediately. But it got worse and my face continued to develop small bumps all over. Now it's been 3 days since I stopped and my skin still resembles the texture of sandpaper. It is so itchy and has even started peeling in some places near my mouth and nose.

I knew it was the face wash since it's the only thing I changed. So I did some research and found out MULTIPLE users had similar bad reactions to this product! There are articles about it on Cosmopolitan and Buzzfeed even. I don't usually write reviews but in this instance, I felt it was important. I tried to post an honest review about my experience on the Neutrogena website, but they refused to publish it, which I found to be very shady.

Neutrogena author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1930 as the cosmetics company Natone, Neutrogena is today part of the Johnson & Johnson Conglomerate, which bought the independent company Neutrogena in 1994. The company is known for being dermatologist recommended, and their product line includes skin care, cosmetics and sun care.

• Great for acne-prone skin: Neutrogena is best known for solving acne problems for men and women. They have moisturizers, cleansers, kits and cosmetics for facial and body acne.

• Widely available: Consumers can buy Neutrogena products online or in most major drugstores and pharmacies. Price conscious consumers can enjoy an extra discount and coupons when they sign up for Neutrogena’s email newsletter.

• Anti-aging: Women who are concerned with the appearance of their skin as they age can shop for a wide range of anti-aging products on Neutrogena’s website. Choose the product that works best for your anti-aging concern, whether it’s wrinkles, defense, pore refining, toning or microdermabrasion.

• Free shipping and returns: Consumers can enjoy free shipping on all Neutrogena orders placed directly from the company’s website that are $25 or more. Enjoy a full refund (minus shipping costs) for items returned within 30 days of the shipping date.

• Active Facebook community: Neutrogena’s Facebook page is very active, and the company posts information about skin-related topics, such as skin cancer and acne. They respond publicly and privately to consumer questions and complaints.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team