3.4/5 (1890 ratings)

About Neutrogena

Neutrogena Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?

Original review: June 24, 2022

I purchased these wipes from Costco. I used these wipes one night and woke up to my whole face itchy, dry and I had cuts all near my eyelids. I didn't know what caused this but I didn't think it was the wipes. I thought maybe it was something in my skincare routine. I let my face heal and wore make up but was removing it with water and soap for the next few days. Everything seemed normal. Convinced that it was a one time thing, I used the wipes again and I woke up with swollen eyes. They were so red and they were itchy. I then realized this happened both times I used the wipes.

Original review: June 15, 2022

I bought this to try out a new face wash and it was a terrible decision. It caused horrible hives all over my face, redness, flakiness, and everything hurt. I didn’t use any other products so I know it was directly from this specific one.

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2022

Initially, I believed this Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Correcting Cream to be gentle and effective. However, after a week or so of using this daily, I started to feel a burning sensation on my eyelids and on my neck. The skin above my eyes reddened, darkened, and started to peel. Shortly after my eye reaction, I had a chemical burn spread on my neck. Anything I apply to these burned areas causes them to burn even more. I'm on day #4 of my chemical burns - they are not disappearing and they cause me discomfort all day. Stay away from this dangerous, chemical-laced correcting cream!

Original review: March 19, 2022

I have used other Neutrogena products before and don't consider my skin overly sensitive. I used this product ONCE in hopes of adding hydration to my skin. The next morning, instead, all the moisture was gone from my face! I was dry and rashy and my eyes were so puffy. My own father didn't even recognize me. The next day I was even worse! I ran to urgent care and had to get a steroid prescribed. It took the week to get my face back to normal. I had to miss work for a day to get control over my face and ice it all day. My skin was raw and hot and painful even besides the swelling. It was such a scary nightmare. And only one use! Do not use this product!

Original review: March 11, 2022

There should be an option for zero stars. I wish I had read the reviews about this product before purchase. I used the Deep Clean Facial Cleanser Normal to Oily Skin one time and my face is burning, warm to the touch, itching, swollen including one eye which is almost completely shut. Now I have to visit the emergency room for treatment. The reviews about this product are true. How can this company continue to market this product?

Original review: March 9, 2022

I purchased this face wash on Monday, March 7, 2022. I use it on Monday night and Tuesday morning, my face begin to burn very bad and it itching sensation. I went and looked in the bathroom mirror and my face look very Rashy and very dry. My face look horrible, and it's very irritated and I don’t know what to do I will never purchase anything from Neutrogena again.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I so wish I had read the reviews here before using the Neutrogena night cream. I am yet another in the long line of those who've been burned by this cream. The skin around my eyes is puffy, red and burning hot. The directions on the cream state that tingling and burning might happen but, in my opinion, they are neglectful in their warnings and seriously lacking in providing adequate directions for its use.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I can’t believe there is no warning in the label. I got a severe reaction every time I applied it—swollen eyes, skin irritation around my eyelids and below my eyebrows, and pain! At first, I was going crazy trying to figure out what was causing my allergic reaction (makeup products, face cleanser, and so on). I even went to an eye doctor. But after removing everything, I tried using this only and I still got the reaction. I do not recommend this product at all.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

I purchased a face wash and eyeliner from Neutrogena, and was strongly influenced to do so based on the super positive reviews. The eyeliner was dry and clumpy and the face wash caused me a lot of irritation and dryness. The company reached out to me to review these products, so I gave each about 2 stars and explained what I didn’t like about them in a polite and honest way. Neutrogena wrote me back that they will not post either review. Now I’m understanding why I only saw positive reviews about their items. What a dishonest company.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I had acne on my jawline, I used the Neutrogena face wash for three days and the bumps seem to start the diminish. I used it morning and night like the directions say. After using it for 3 day, I woke up 4th day and my face felt itchy. My face also felt really tight and dry, so I go look in the mirror and my face and eyes are swollen. My eyes look as if a bumblebee stung my eyes overnight almost swollen shut!! I am going to get ** to see if it will help since I am going on vacation tomorrow. My face looks horrible! This is a disaster!!

Neutrogena author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1930 as the cosmetics company Natone, Neutrogena is today part of the Johnson & Johnson Conglomerate, which bought the independent company Neutrogena in 1994. The company is known for being dermatologist recommended, and their product line includes skin care, cosmetics and sun care.

• Great for acne-prone skin: Neutrogena is best known for solving acne problems for men and women. They have moisturizers, cleansers, kits and cosmetics for facial and body acne.

• Widely available: Consumers can buy Neutrogena products online or in most major drugstores and pharmacies. Price conscious consumers can enjoy an extra discount and coupons when they sign up for Neutrogena’s email newsletter.

• Anti-aging: Women who are concerned with the appearance of their skin as they age can shop for a wide range of anti-aging products on Neutrogena’s website. Choose the product that works best for your anti-aging concern, whether it’s wrinkles, defense, pore refining, toning or microdermabrasion.

• Free shipping and returns: Consumers can enjoy free shipping on all Neutrogena orders placed directly from the company’s website that are $25 or more. Enjoy a full refund (minus shipping costs) for items returned within 30 days of the shipping date.

• Active Facebook community: Neutrogena’s Facebook page is very active, and the company posts information about skin-related topics, such as skin cancer and acne. They respond publicly and privately to consumer questions and complaints.

Neutrogena Company Information