3.01/5

425 Neutrogena Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

My daughter purchased Neutrogena makeup remover wipes and immediately developed a red, bumpy rash on both of her cheeks. Her face was clear before using these wipes. She still has several itchy spots and is using a prescription medication to help clear up her face. I don't understand why this happened. She has used other brands with no problems at all. This was our first time trying Neutrogena and will never try any of their products again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I started using these products to the extent that I was running out of the ones I brought from my country and that here in the USA I could not find. I decided to go shopping in Neutrogena. I was using a pond foam to wash my face and when it was over I decided to buy Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser product and when I applied it my face turned red and burned. The truth is that no product has ever put my skin like this, I do not know why I put it on like that, because I use the blocker and a moisturizer of this brand and they are good, but with this cleaner I do not know what happened.

Get expert buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I have used Neutrogena’s products before on my face and body. I wanted to try something new on my face because I’ve been having issues with acne lately (I’m 25). Prior to this I was using Vichy face products, but became quite expensive so I figured why not try this product, it’s much cheaper. Honestly, worst mistake ever. I know I have sensitive skin, but I also know I’ve never had a reaction to anything like this before. I used it for only two days along with the oil-free moisturizer and my face became extremely red, irritated, and incredibly itchy (which just irritated my skin more because of the need to scratch it). I will not use this anymore and do not recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin - or even just normal skin in general.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I bought this face scrub a couple of weeks ago, I saw it had a coupon making it slightly cheaper than my normal face wash and I love the smell of grapefruit. However after about a week of using it my face got incredibly dry and irritated, and eventually it covered my whole face in a blotchy red rash that left my skin feeling like the Sahara desert with hives all the way down my neck.

After the first day of having the rash I realized the only thing I’ve recently changed in my routine, products, or diet was this face wash. I stopped using it immediately, but because of how bad the rash was I had to get prescription steroids (cream and oral). I’ve seen a handful of other reviews of people saying the same thing. It looks like they purchased this scrub around the same time, maybe it was a bad batch? In either case if you have sensitive skin I would not recommend this product, and given the other reviews I’m planning to just toss the bottle I purchased out. I’d feel awful if I gave the remaining to a friend and the same thing happened to them. When I left a review of the product on their website they removed it!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I’ve been using Neutrogena products for years and love their soap. Make up is good too. I’ve never had a bad experience using their products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Neutrogena is a light foundation, I would like a little thicker consistency. It feels a little watery and does not always go on smoothly. Still, the colors are good.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

It's an okay trusting brand, with decent coverage. I have found that it doesn't stay on all day, it's not long wearing. Sometimes the colors are not what I need.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Neutrogena has a variety of products for a variety of skin tones and types. From body oils to acne creams, shampoos, all within a reasonable price range.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Neutrogena makeup is light, and you only need a few drops to cover your face. A little goes a long way. In comparison with other makeups I've tried, Neutrogena's colors or tints are more accurate.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Started using the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Serum because of the hyaluronic acid about one month ago. It goes on smoothly seems to absorb well and makes my skin feel very soft. Haven't seen any difference in my wrinkles yet but maybe it takes awhile longer.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I am starting to show my age... 56. The small lines and wrinkles that begin around your 40's... they get deeper if you don't take care of your face. So... Neutrogena has the best of the best AND for the best price. Trust me on this because I have used some of the doctor 'made' stuff that costs up to and in some cases over 100 dollars just for one bottle or jar of moisturizer, etc. Their makeup is great. It covers well and never cakey looking on us older gals. It also makes my face very soft and smooth when I use any of their products. Even the all over body lotions feels just as great as the high dollar stuff. I am not saying the high dollar stuff doesn't work but why pay those prices if you don't have to and Neutrogena makes it possible for women like me, on a budget, look and feel just as good as anything that cost 100 dollars or more.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Neutrogena has not enough colors or shades for people of color so it’s hard to be happy with two shades to blend and others just buy one shade. I really like the products but the makeup doesn’t work well on darker complexions.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

The quality is up there (if not better) with most high-end cosmetics (Chanel, etc.). Price wise Neutrogena is cheaper than Sephora.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Product name is well recognized for its good results. I have used Neutrogena products for many years. Various selections for all types of skin and skin problems.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Neutrogena used to be a great inexpensive brand with good quality. Now the price has gone up and the quality has gone down. I used the product all of the time before and now I never purchased it.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Neutrogena is a name that people trust. Some products not allergenic... I would love more color options and a clear picture of their stance on animal testing. I have never been unhappy with a purchase of their products

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

The only issue I have is cost. Their specialty products seem to be priced high. As a novice I wonder if the cost is appropriate for the quality or they are just pricing the same as other manf/pharm.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Neutrogena has a good reputation, well earned. It is a clean product, well priced and greatly helps my dry skin. It has been used for many years with good results; I have recommended it to my daughters who also are pleased.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I have used Neutrogena for many years. They offer selective products for every concern and any age. Neutrogena is available at most stores, too. I will continue to use.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I use their wrinkle cream on my face and I shave everyday. It seems to keep down. I buy it on Amazon, very good product. Not expensive the was about $16.00.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

The only makeup I tried was the lipstick and eyeshadow. Both products were a little on the pricey side but the eyeshadow lasted for most of the night. I didn't like the lipstick. Had to keep reapplying.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I love their sunscreens and their eye cream. Their lotions are lightweight, you don’t feel heavy after applying, no greasiness, and their prices are fantastic.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Neutrogena is a quality brand; I usually purchase cosmetic items when they are on sale and I have a coupon on top of that. By doing this, it's more affordable than purchasing at regular store prices.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Neutrogena has a really good anti aging cream. I like the feeling and the texture. I use it daily at night for my anti aging cream has a lot of retinol in it and it works great.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

You can use the product with ease. There's a nice variety of products for every need. Always looks great on. I have sensitive skin and have never had a problem.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

At 62 and with combination/dry skin, an evening nourisher is important, but I could never use one without a breakout of pimples and aggravating the rosacea I have struggled with over the last two years. I have been using a variety of the Neutrogena night and day creams containing advanced anti-aging ingredients for the past 4 months and have had no breakouts. I have also not had any signs of rosacea. My skin is tighter, both deep and fine lines have decreased, and it feels great!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I enjoyed the light feeling of the makeup and coverage to make me look more youthful. I have always loved Neutrogena products and have used the face wash since I was 18 - that's over 40 years and I am still happy with it.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Neutrogena is ok but need more choices for colored skin. Had a hard time finding the color that would blend with my skin but other than that it is a pretty good product.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Flawless, price ok. Great for sensitive skin, which I have. Color selection is wonderful! Very natural looking. I have tried expensive brands that were good, but foundations are overpriced.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Ladies this is a trusted brand. This product is reliable, consistent, well known, and a product that does not leave my face oily or greasy. I simply look it and would recommend to anyone.

Neutrogena expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1930 as the cosmetics company Natone, Neutrogena is today part of the Johnson & Johnson Conglomerate, which bought the independent company Neutrogena in 1994. The company is known for being dermatologist recommended, and their product line includes skin care, cosmetics and sun care.

• Great for acne-prone skin: Neutrogena is best known for solving acne problems for men and women. They have moisturizers, cleansers, kits and cosmetics for facial and body acne.

• Widely available: Consumers can buy Neutrogena products online or in most major drugstores and pharmacies. Price conscious consumers can enjoy an extra discount and coupons when they sign up for Neutrogena’s email newsletter.

• Anti-aging: Women who are concerned with the appearance of their skin as they age can shop for a wide range of anti-aging products on Neutrogena’s website. Choose the product that works best for your anti-aging concern, whether it’s wrinkles, defense, pore refining, toning or microdermabrasion.

• Free shipping and returns: Consumers can enjoy free shipping on all Neutrogena orders placed directly from the company’s website that are $25 or more. Enjoy a full refund (minus shipping costs) for items returned within 30 days of the shipping date.

• Active Facebook community: Neutrogena’s Facebook page is very active, and the company posts information about skin-related topics, such as skin cancer and acne. They respond publicly and privately to consumer questions and complaints.

• Best for: Neutrogena is best for women with acne and women seeking anti-aging skincare and cosmetic products.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs