2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.89/5

Neutrogena Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Having used Neutrogena products for several yrs now this 62 yr old woman’s ONLY regret is not using it sooner. Customer Service is FANTASTIC! For you folks that think it’s miracle cream, it’s not. I’ve noted w/ regular use of the serum, ???? along w/ the, regenerating cream that these products do as advertised! They absolutely reduce the appearance of fine lines! I’ve tried other products from low cost to high end. NEUTROGENA is fantastic. I’ve had one minor issue, caused by my own error, in overusing the serum. Follow directions. Any questions call them! Great products. Excellent customer service. Enjoy!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I use the Vital day, night and wrinkle creams, I am 63 and now get unprompted compliments from friends about looking "refreshed". None of them know I have been applying this regimen for a month now. I am delighted and can 100% say it's worth every cent and I recommend wholeheartedly.

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I I do a lot of referrals for skin care and hair care. I have used a ton of face masks and this one is by far the best. I will say I was a little disturbed that the mask had slid off the protective sheet and I was unsure what side to apply. It comes in 2 parts the upper facial area and the bottom. The bottom half kept sliding into my mouth due to my very thin upper lip not preventing it. Overall the mask does what it says. My skin is completely hydrated. I did not have to use a moisturizer after. My skin is supple and plump and my pores are actually smaller after the mask. This is worth the extra few dollars.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I will be posting pictures if they let me. I was upfront about their dermabrasion machine giving me blackheads and making my scars and pores more visible. They decided they didn’t want people to see it or to be held accountable so they denied my honest review. Run from these people as fast as you can. I had to find a peel to fix what this thing did.

Original review: March 17, 2020

So I started using “Neutrogena Deep Clean“ gel facial cleanser 3 days ago. Right after I used it I felt my face become super tight and had a dry/itchy feeling. I didn’t think much of it, but the next morning I was horrified. I’m now day 4 after using this face wash and my skin has a huge red rash all over my chin!!! It looks like tiny whiteheads all over my chin area. At first I thought it may just be a random really bad breakout... But it didn’t make any sense. So of course I went to research the product since it was the only new thing I’ve used on my skin. I found all these reviews of chemical burns and similar stories. Obviously I will not continue using this product, and I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE!!!! But now I’m not sure how to get rid of this rash/ allergic reaction... Help!!?

Original review: March 10, 2020

I used the products for a couple of days, on the third use when I put the cream on my eye area the skin on my eyelids started burning. I had to wash the area with cold water to get come relief from the burning. When I woke up the next morning my upper and lower eye area was swollen and red. I had to get cortisone cream for the chemical burns and take allergy pills to try and reduce the swelling. It is now a week later and the skin on my eyelids are still peeling and they have dry wrinkles that were never there before using the products. I am hoping it has not permanently damaged the skin. Please be aware that this is a very strong product. If your skin is sensitive or thinning from aging this is not a good product for you.

Original review: March 10, 2020

There is only enough product in the pencil to use approximately times 10 times. I have a few white hairs in my eyebrows and I am Blond, so I purchased Blond #10 pencil and after only using it approximately 10 times it was gone. I used to buy the much cheaper Maybelline (red) pencils but it was difficult trying to find Blond, but I will go back to the cheapest brands because they are solid and last a lot longer. I assumed that Neutrogena would have more product in that long pencil but it turned out to be a rip off just L'Oreal and a couple of other expensive brands I've used. I buy and like Neutrogena skin and anti wrinkle products and have bought them for years, maybe it's time for a change from Neutrogena.

Sincerely, Paula **

Original review: March 7, 2020

Neutrogena has taken out the applicator in their powder foundation makeup. The makeup is one of the best I've ever used but I will probably look for a different one because I am so disappointed in this decision with no warning on packaging and still charging the same price for the product. Not to mention the inconvenience. I wrote a review on their site about this and although it was very similar to other reviews, they refused to post it. They're obviously trying to censor criticism and do not care about the needs of their customers.

Original review: March 2, 2020

Why is this product on the market? I have used retinol, HA and peptides in the past with no issues. The Neutrogena night and serum products have ruined my skin. In particular after only one use my neck was covered (still is) with a painful, dark and irritated rash, which in turn has never gone away. The rash is permanent and I am now forced to spend money to treat it. It’s awful, painful, irritated and has ruined my skin. This product is dangerous and has permanently scarred me. This product is dangerous.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Neutrogena has decided to eliminate the applicator pad from product. I went on vacation and opened a new powder that I purchased. There was no label saying that the applicator is now not included. Prices have raised and product is cheaper. I called customer service when I got home and they said they have eliminated the applicator to reduce the environmental impact. I guess they expect us to rub the whole mineral powder on our face. Poor customer service. I will no longer purchase their products!!!!

Neutrogena author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1930 as the cosmetics company Natone, Neutrogena is today part of the Johnson & Johnson Conglomerate, which bought the independent company Neutrogena in 1994. The company is known for being dermatologist recommended, and their product line includes skin care, cosmetics and sun care.

• Great for acne-prone skin: Neutrogena is best known for solving acne problems for men and women. They have moisturizers, cleansers, kits and cosmetics for facial and body acne.

• Widely available: Consumers can buy Neutrogena products online or in most major drugstores and pharmacies. Price conscious consumers can enjoy an extra discount and coupons when they sign up for Neutrogena’s email newsletter.

• Anti-aging: Women who are concerned with the appearance of their skin as they age can shop for a wide range of anti-aging products on Neutrogena’s website. Choose the product that works best for your anti-aging concern, whether it’s wrinkles, defense, pore refining, toning or microdermabrasion.

• Free shipping and returns: Consumers can enjoy free shipping on all Neutrogena orders placed directly from the company’s website that are $25 or more. Enjoy a full refund (minus shipping costs) for items returned within 30 days of the shipping date.

• Active Facebook community: Neutrogena’s Facebook page is very active, and the company posts information about skin-related topics, such as skin cancer and acne. They respond publicly and privately to consumer questions and complaints.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team