2. Shopping

L'Oreal

Maybelline Cosmetics
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.87/5

Maybelline Cosmetics Reviews

Original review: June 17, 2019

I have been using the Maybelline Hypercurl mascara. I thought that I might just be tired or dreary in the afternoon.. but no, I compared it to Clinique, and I only feel a bit itchy on the eyes when I use Maybelline. I will never ever purchase from them again. :(

Original review: May 28, 2019

I have been a loyal customer for 19 years. I used to buy mascara when I lived in Moldova - it costs there $7 too, just like in USA. But keep in mind, in Moldova my monthly income was $100, not like in USA, and yet still I was buying Maybelline mascara. I have been living in the USA for 9 years, all these years I am loyal to Maybelline. Looks like it's time to look for a better product and customer service. I bought a new mascara - Rocket, and used it twice; one time on Mother's day and second time last Sunday, May 26, 2019. Both times towards the evening my eyes would feel like being on fire, and I had to remove the mascara to get relief.

The last time I was driving when my eyes started burning, it was around 6 pm. I had my Mom next to me. I had to drive with excruciating pain and first with one eye only open and at the end I couldn't keep my eyes open being a danger to myself, my Mom and others on the road. I drove home the last 2 minutes with my eyes closed. All I asked when I called customer service is to get refunded. I was told I would get confirmation about the refund by email, and the check will be mailed. 3 hours later I had no confirmation in my email. I called 3 times, and 3 times the beauty consultants hung up on me and never asked for a call back number or followed up. It took the 4th call, 4 hours and a supervisor to get email confirmation. Shame, shame, shame!!!

Original review: March 29, 2019

I’ve only started using Dream matte mousse for a few days only because the previous foundation I use it no longer in stock. So I thought I’ll use this as when I was younger it always covered nicely. Now using it I have what I describe sunburnt feeling skin and dry rash like feel on my face down to my neck with constant burning feeling. I do not recommend this product and no I don’t have sensitive skin.

Original review: March 24, 2019

What is different about your eyeliner? It used to stay on all day. Now it dissipates in less than 2 hours, even when lighting the end. Also sharp point breaks off during application, constantly resharpening. Burning sensation to eyes with use of this eyeliner, this has never happened in the past with your products. What is going on, we need great long lasting easy application pencil eyeliner that last all day.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Hi, I am a working 67 year old woman, I buy your Falsies mascara all the time. In the past several months every time I purchase it almost dried up when I get it home. I went to several different places only to find I am getting the same results. I am a loyal customer at this time but you need to fix this problem or I will try another product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maybelline?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

@maybelline “IF IT ISN'T BROKE DONT FIX IT.” I for one am getting tired of searching for new foundations from this company. First they did away with my favorite shade (Carmel Dark 2) and now the airbrush mousse? Stop trying to create new products that aren’t any good. You're destroying the brand trying to stay trendy! Every time I get comfortable with the new liquid foundation they change it again! I'm so done! And this Satin crap is garbage. Very highly disappointed!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

This was the worst eyebrow coloring system I have ever used. Does not even come close to the tattoo look. Does not give any natural color to the eyebrow. Tried going slow as the directions say, just is wet and doesn't last. Junk.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Recently a week ago I have purchased Maybelline Dream Satin compact from Gian Chand Darshan Lal shop from sector 20 B in Chandigarh. I would like you to know this was the worst purchase I have ever made. It indulge me into skin problems up to a great extent. My skin got burned and it turns into red patches on my face. I invested in this product on the basis of brand name but this was very disappointing to see the results after 1st use.

I am a regular customer of other products of Maybelline, but this kind of result of the premium product segment is not appreciable. I have applied this product once and went back to the shopkeeper and told about the skin problem which I get into after applying this worst product. I have asked him to take back this product. This piece is as fresh as new pieces but he refused to took back. I want compensation for this as well as refund asap... Please suggest a way forward.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

After applying it for twice or thrice it is just a piece of stick in my collection, because it is not long lasting and even neither gives you matte look or shiny one... It is worthless product... I bought it for 375 which is a good price for branded lipsticks but it is waste...

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I have been using Maybelline mascara for as long as I can remember. I have never had a problem and my eyes always look great. I always get compliments on my eyes.

Maybelline Cosmetics Company Information