2. Shopping

L'Oreal

Maybelline Cosmetics
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.90/5

Maybelline Cosmetics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maybelline Cosmetics?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maybelline?

Original review: March 11, 2020

The first time I used this product I had a skin allergy by Maybelline products. Now I'm back to the same company because it has regained my trust in its foundation. I currently user Fit Me 128. It makes me feel flawless and I don't have the fear of getting allergy from them. I have stopped using it a year back. Now I'm fully relied on it. I dont care the occasion. I have their full series compact to primer #loveemall!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I have always been a user of Maybelline products since I was a teenager. My very first time was when I was about fourteen years old, since my parents were pretty strict! I started out with lipstick & mascara & then as I got older I used all of the affordable products - like eye shadow, liner blush & facial make-up. Throughout the years I have used some other brands but always found that Maybelline the best overall group of cosmetic products! I plan on being a Maybelline user & fan for life!???

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

I am a loyal customer for Maybelline's "FIT ME" liquid face makeup. I can use it straight from the bottle or mix different shades depending on the time of day. When I'm out on the town (at night)) I'll mix #355 with #360 to kind of tone down my features to accommodate the lighting in a club environment..however, during the day time, all I need is one coat, thinly applied to accommodate the daylight! It works for me. I've tried several different brands of liquid base makeups and have found this product beat them all. And the different shades make it easy to mix together to create your very own blend that's perfect for you! The product must be hypoallergenic because it doesn't make my face itch like some of the others can. I'm definitely very satisfied with this product!

The only not so good situation is when the store does not have my basic shade #355. I have to go from store to store to find it. In doing this..I found out something very interesting...they're only sold at stores such as CVS, WALGREENS, or RITE-AID type stores. Never to be found at WAL-MART, TARGET, or K-MART, stores of that nature. But I just hope they never discontinue it because I simply don't know what I'd ever do! Tell them that for me will ya, huh? Thanks Maybelline! Keep up the good work! (And keep a permanent stock of #355 on the shelves...I'm getting tired of running around.) Thanks again! God bless.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I always buy Maybelline cosmetics for many reasons. The quality is excellent and the price is so comparable to other high end cosmetics. Some of my favorites are the eye liners, brow liners, mascara, and lipsticks. Plus the company is always coming out with new products so you never get bored with the same old product that you buy often. Maybelline can be found almost in any Walmart, local drug stores and online. I love all the choices of colors that are available and most of the time they have more to offer than the high end department stores. I highly recommend their products.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Maybelline Cosmetics is always looking to improve their products. I commend them for that however, sometimes change does not mean the product is improved. As a Maybelline customer for more than 25 years, 2 products that were changed to improve them were not the case. Allergic reactions kept me from continued use of these 2 products. I did reach out to them and they were very responsive. Although I didn't get the answer I wanted, the fact that they took the time to respond and attempted to provide satisfaction, was enough for me to stick with them and find alternatives.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Maybelline makes the best over the counter cosmetics. It’s affordable too. Great coverage. Wears well into the night. Smooth application. Not too thick so it looks natural. Mascaras really do make your lashes look longer over time. I wouldn’t wear anything else.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I have used Maybelline original mascara for many years! I have tried other brands, different eye lash brushes, etc. I always go back to my original Maybelline. It's smooth, no clumps and you can put a little or a lot on and it still has a good look.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Maybelline provides a quality product (eyeliner, mascara) at a very busy reasonable price. You can pay more, sometimes much more for brands like St. Laurent or Dior, but the more expensive brands aren't better than Maybelline.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Great Lash by Maybelline is honestly THE best mascara I have ever used. I am 54 years young and I have been using Great Lash for over 25 years!!! Works every time for length and volume at an excellent price! Whenever I see Great Lash on sale, I'll buy at least three because I'm not sure how long Maybelline will keep this product around!!!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I have used Maybelline products for many years. Love trying all the new ones too. I am happy with most of the products and could recommend the ones that I have used. I lost my hair and eyebrows, etc going through chemo and have used the eyebrow products - not so happy with those - but can't like them all. I do like the lipstick and gloss and mascara.

Maybelline author review by ConsumerAffairs

Maybelline revolutionized eyelashes when Mabel Williams first started experimenting with extending her eyelashes in 1915. They are still known for their mascara, and they also produce and sell face creams, foundation, powder, blush, primer, lip products, nail polish and other cosmetic products and tools. Consumers can find Maybelline products online and at popular retailers globally.

• Makeup Explorer: Use Maybelline’s Makeup Explorer tool on their website to find your perfect makeup match. Narrow your results based on the type of product you are looking for, your trouble areas and your desired finish.

• Video lessons: Learn top tips and tricks for applying makeup by watching videos on Maybelline’s website. Their video library has over 50 lessons, which are all available for free.

• Makeup trends: Stay up-to-date on all the latest makeup trends by visiting Maybelline’s website or by subscribing to their email newsletter. Email subscribers receive frequent updates on the latest news and trends in the makeup industry.

• Get featured on Instagram: Use #mnyitlook on Instagram for your chance to be featured on Maybelline’s Instagram feed. See how real women wear Maybelline’s products.

• Budget friendly: Maybelline products are affordable, and they are available in drugstores and super stores nationwide.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team